Sliding Home

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know he looks like a gang banger. Rudy likes to play the tough guy."

"So he is actually a pussy cat?"

"Oh, no, he is an asshole. He's a black belt in karate, fourth-degree or something, and likes to break bricks with his hands."

Terry gave her a worried look, "I'm starting to regret being your fake boyfriend."

"I told you that you didn't have to come."

"I hope I'm not insulting you by saying this, but he isn't exactly the kind of guy I was picturing would be your Ex."

"We met when I was in high school. What can I say I was young and I liked the bad boys."

Rudy had taken a seat and was surveying the crowd, as his eyes moved across Gabby and Terry he scowled. Terry gave him a wave, and Rudy shot back a look filled with venom.

"Oh, yeah, he and I are going to be good friends I can tell," said Terry.

Gabby patted his arm, "Don't worry he can't kill you in front of this many witnesses."

"That's reassuring..." replied Terry quietly.

The music for the wedding party began, and everyone turned to watch the procession. It was a beautiful ceremony, and the bride and groom couldn't have looked happier. Terry glanced briefly at Gabby half-way through picturing her in a brides dress and thinking she would undoubtedly make a pretty one. She caught him staring and wrinkled her brow.

"What?"

"Just...Thinking the bride looks nice," lied Terry.

"Yeah...Kelly was the prettiest girl at our high school. I always envied her those blond locks."

"There's nothing wrong with your hair it's perfect for you," shot back Terry without thinking.

Gabby smiled and rubbed his arm in thanks.

When the ceremony ended everyone made their way across the hall to a reception in a large banquet room. There was plenty of food and the guests milled around the buffet getting plates to take back to the tables that had been set up in the center of the large venue. Terry and Gabby chose a table away from the main crowd and enjoyed their food in relative peace with thankfully no sign of Rudy. The bride and groom arrived about forty-five minutes later, and everyone rose to clap for the new couple. A band struck up some lively tunes, and a few guests made their way to the dance floor to show off their moves.

"If you would excuse me for a moment. I need to use the restroom," said Terry leaving Gabby at their table talking with a friend of hers from school.

The restroom was bustling with other wedding goers, and Terry patiently waited his turn at the stall. After taking care of business, he returned to the banquet hall only to find Gabby missing from the table where he had left her, but it didn't take him long to locate her standing near the wall by the dance floor with Rudy. Gabby did not have a happy expression on her face as Terry approached, and Rudy looked even less happy to see him.

"This is a private conversation. Why don't you go back to your cake?" suggested Rudy rudely.

"If you're talking to my date then I think it is my business," said Terry sharply.

Rudy's eyes narrowed, but before he could say or do anything, Gabby darted over to Terry taking his hand.

"You know, Terry, I would just love to dance."

The two of them quickly moved out onto the dance floor with Gabby practically dragging Terry along.

"You shouldn't provoke him. Rudy can be unpredictable when he feels threatened."

"Did he ever hurt you? Is that why you aren't together anymore?"

"It wasn't like that, not really. He would yell a lot and maybe be a little too possessive, but it was mainly we just grew apart as we got older."

Terry took Gabby's hand putting his arm loosely around her waist as they swayed along to an up-tempo number. Rudy watched them from the far side of the dance floor.

"What were you two talking about when I came up?"

"More of the same, about how I should get back together with him because I could never do better, and no other man would want me anyway."

"I hope you don't believe that B.S. Gabby?"

"If someone tells you something long enough, and you have evidence to back it up, it can become hard to ignore I will admit."

The music changed to a slow song, and some of the folks on the floor moved to exit, but Terry drew Gabby tighter to him even as she turned to go.

"I don't know what caliber of guys you've been seeking out since Rudy, but I honestly think they must be blind not to see how special you are Gabby."

Her face softened, and she smiled almost shyly up at Terry as they waltzed slowly across the dance floor. The deep brown of her eyes reflected the glow of the overhead lights making them appear beautiful and mysterious at the same time. Without even thinking, Terry started to bend down, lips parting.

"You probably shouldn't. Rudy is watching..." whispered Gabby.

Her full, dark lips hovered tantalizingly close.

"I think Rudy should find his own date. Besides, I'm a full-service fake boyfriend," replied Terry with a mischievous smile.

He might have been a fake boyfriend for the night, but the kiss that followed felt anything but fake. Gabby's lips were even softer than they looked molding perfectly to Terry's and he drank in the sensation of warm tingles flowing across his spine while the rhythm of his heartbeat quickened in his chest. If his intention had been for the kiss to be a brief display of affection to rile Rudy, he failed miserably. The kiss lingered. Gabby reached up, releasing Terry's hand to slide her arm around his neck, and they slowly slid their mouths around thoroughly enjoying the contact between them. When their lips finally did part they were both breathing harder and glancing away in embarrassment at how aroused they had become.

"Wow...Um...Thanks for that...I think it got Rudy's goat," said Gabby finally looking over at her Ex-boyfriend's back as he stomped off.

"My pleasure," replied Terry trying to calm his racing heart. It had been some time since he had kissed a girl and even then he didn't recall getting this fired up.

Rudy must have left the wedding because they never saw him again that night which bothered either of them not at all. They enjoyed the rest of the festivities, and Gabby came within a hairs-breath of catching the bouquet then delighted in teasing Terry about it.

"I saw your eyes get so big when it looked like those flowers were heading right for me!" said Gabby laughing.

"Maybe, but I would have to charge you extra to be a fake husband as well."

"I didn't know I was paying you?"

"You aren't other than the pleasure of your company, but I do take charitable donations."

This is for you then," she replied handing him a mint from the complimentary bowl in the hotel's lobby.

"I guess I can't say you never got me anything."

Terry drove the two of them back to pick up her car at the school. The parking lot was deserted. The school stood almost eerily quiet as they loitered by their cars the night illuminated by a nearly full moon.

"Thanks again for escorting me, and for...everything else."

"It was my pleasure, Gabby. I had a wonderful time."

Gabby leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. Then put her arms around his neck for a hug, but when she tried to pull away, Terry held her to him. They stared into each other's eyes brightened by the moon.

Terry started to lean down.

"Rudy isn't here," said Gabby quietly.

"That's fine. I didn't want to kiss Rudy."

"Did you...Want to kiss me?"

"What do you think?" said Terry brushing his nose against hers, his lips hovering less than an inch away from Gabby's.

"I think...I wish you would..."

They came together again like on the dance floor, but this time even more intensely. Terry slid his mouth softly against Gabby's tasting the sweetness of her dark, creamy lips until with a quiet sigh she parted her lips wider, and he slid his tongue into her mouth. The French kiss that followed was gently sensual and filled with subtle touching. Two tongues swirling together in mutual exploration, then breaking apart.

"That was nice...It's been a long time."

"For me too."

"I should go, Terry. Thanks for giving me a night to remember."

Gabby gave him one last quick peck and then she was gone. He watched her pull away not quite able to take his eyes off her car until it was gone from his vision.

His grandpa was still awake when he arrived home a short time later.

"So how did it go?" he asked muting the television.

"It went fine. Her ex-boyfriend is a piece of work I can tell you that. What an asshole."

"There's no accounting for taste I guess. I'm sure Gabby will pick someone better the next time around. I wonder if any young men are lining up?"

"Is that is supposed to be a subtle hint?"

"It's not so subtle," laughed his grandpa.

"Clearly, but I told you before I've got too much on my plate to think about getting involved. Now it's late, and I need to get some sleep," said Terry dismissing his grandpa with a wave as he went off to bed.

Leaning back on the couch, Terry's grandpa un-muted the T.V. with a shake of his head chuckling to himself, "Don't want to get involved! Keep telling yourself that Romeo, but that lipstick on your collar tells a different story."

GIMME SHELTER -

The following week dawned hot and humid a harbinger of the coming summer. This time of year would have signaled the ending of spring training and the beginning of another year spent in the pursuit of Major League glory, but in Terry Wallace's case, it was more like the pursuit of an unclogged toilet.

"With butts so small how can they possibly use this much toilet paper?" mused Terry unhappily as he plunged the stinky mess in the bowl.

He had come into the school early that day both to deal with the plumbing issues, and on the off chance he might get to see Gabby for a bit before school started. He might have been cagey about how he was feeling with his grandfather, but the truth was there was an attraction between him and Gabby. The past weekend, Terry had spent quite a bit of time trying to get the kiss they had shared out of his head, but he was having no luck doing it. He wondered if Gabby felt the same way.

"I probably should have called her this weekend," he admonished himself while grabbing a bucket and a mop to clean up the excess water that had spilled over the sides of the bowl.

He had picked up the phone several times, but chickened-out each time. He still wasn't sure how he felt about things, and whether or not it was a good idea to get involved with a woman that he might very well have to fire in the near future.

"Hey, Terry?"

"Yeah, Helen. I'm back here," he called from the tiny restroom.

"Did you know if Gabby was going to be in today? She didn't show up for class this morning."

"That's strange. I never got a call from her saying she wasn't going to be here."

"Well, I tried to call her myself, but she didn't pick up. I just wondered if you knew anything?"

"No, but I will check into it as soon as I'm done here."

Terry stopped to rub his jaw in thought, even though he had only known her a short time Gabby had been very conscientious about showing up for work on time and ready to go. It worried him that she hadn't called before not being there that morning. He pulled out his cell phone dialing her number from memory. The distant connection was made, but after a few rings, it went to voice mail.

"Gabby? It's Terry. Helen told me you didn't show up for work today. I hope everything is o.k. Please, call me back and let me know."

The cellphone was only back in his pocket a matter of minutes before it rang with the name Gabriella Esperanza displayed on the small screen.

"Hey, Gabby! We were starting to worry about you here and...Gabby?"

It was clear that something was wrong; he could hear the sound of someone clearing their throat on the other end of the line, a noise like quiet sobbing.

"Terry? I'm in trouble..."

By the time Terry arrived at Gabby's apartment he had a full head of steam up, and his feet barely touched the sidewalk as he raced up to the front door. A police car was parked at the end of the walkway, and Gabby's front door stood open. He knocked and peeked inside to see Gabby sitting on a sofa holding an ice pack to her eye while a female cop sat next to her jotting down items in her notebook. A male cop about Terry's size with a severe look on his face stood just inside the doorway, and he looked Terry up and down.

"Who are you?"

"It's o.k. he's my boss," said Gabby.

"and a friend..." added Terry as he slipped past the police officer.

Terry joined her on the couch, and when she briefly pulled back the ice pack, he could see a large bruise on her cheek.

"So you were saying that your ex-boyfriend...Ah...Rudy...He knocked on your door around 6:00 A.M. this morning, right?"

"That's right. I answered it...and...he was very agitated...way more than I had ever seen him before...I could smell alcohol on his breath and...and..."

She started to cry, and Terry put an arm around her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"I know this is difficult. I'm sorry, Ms. Esperanza, but I need you to tell me exactly what happened."

In fits and starts, Gabby slowly explained how Rudy had accosted her over the wedding, about seeing her with someone else which led to an argument.

"He had never raised his hand to me before, but then it just happened. I was more shocked than hurt, but when the pain did kick in I started screaming, and he panicked and ran."

The female cop nodded in sympathy.

"We talked to your neighbor, Ms. Griffith and she confirmed hearing the argument, and seeing Rudy hit you and run. We're going to track him down don't you worry about that, but in the interim is there someone you could stay with? It would be better to have someone you trust nearby."

"My parents are out of town, and the rest of my family is in Mexico, I don't really..."

"You can stay with my grandpa and me," cut in Terry surprising himself.

"I couldn't do that, Terry, but..."

"It's o.k., we have a spare bedroom, and you would be safe there. Rudy doesn't know me from Adam. He would never look for you at my house."

"Is that o.k. with you, Ms. Esperanza."

Gabby nodded finally with a weak, but grateful smile, and went to pack a few things.

While she was gone the two officers whispered among themselves while calling in the details of the assault on their radios. Gabby returned and followed Terry back to his car after locking up her apartment. The female cop leaned down to talk to Terry before he pulled away.

"We're going to have a unit patrol this area in case he comes back, and another is watching his residence and place of employment. He should surface fairly quickly, and we will take him into custody when he does. If you have any trouble or questions here is my card. Call 911 if you suspect anything out of the ordinary."

"We'll do that officer. Thank you."

Terry pulled away from the curb still reeling in shock over this sudden turn of events.

"Jesus, Gabby, I'm so sorry. I feel like this is my fault. If I hadn't made such a deal out things at the wedding..."

"I don't blame you, Terry. I've known Rudy a long time, and as loud as he can be when he's mad, I didn't see this coming either. I'm glad that you're here, and that you went with me to the wedding. I'm glad about all of it, even what happened after..."

"So am I," admitted Terry and he took Gabby's free hand in his.

He looked over at Gabby's face when they came to rest at the next stop light. The bruise was darkening nicely and would likely take a few days to heal.

"We should take you to the emergency room just in case," he said worriedly.

"It's nothing. The police had a paramedic check me out. It's just a bruise. It only hurts when I smile."

"Then I will try not to be funny. Which isn't going to be easy," said Terry wiggling his eyebrows.

Gabby laughed softly then touched her face again, "Ouch! See, I told you."

When they arrived at his house, Terry helped Gabby inside making sure to check the street before closing the door behind them. The spare bedroom was lightly furnished but functional with a bed and end table on one wall, a small dresser on the opposite one.

"Would you like me to bring you anything?"

"I'm fine thanks. Shouldn't you go into work?"

"I think the place can run without me for one day."

He took a seat next to her on the bed and held her tiny hand in his the way he had done in the car.

"Don't worry about anything. You're safe here. I would say your biggest worry is going to be running into my grandpa if he decides he wants something from the kitchen during the night. He tends to sleep in the nude."

"That is a scary thought."

"I've learned to look him in the eye, never downward," admitted Terry making Gabby laugh again.

"Thanks for being here, Terry."

He put his arm around her again secretly thinking about what great pleasure it would give him to take a baseball bat to Rudy.

They did eventually have to leave to retrieve Terry's grandpa from the school and bring him home. After relating the story of what had happened to Gabby, Terry had to spend the next hour talking his grandpa down from going on a one-person hunt for the former boyfriend and currently wanted felon.

"What do those darn cops know! I was running black ops in Korea when they were an itch in their daddies pants!"

"Mom told me you were a supply officer. I've seen pictures," replied Terry as he flipped through a menu for the local pizza place.

"It was all a smoke screen. I was deep undercover."

"Is that right? Was this before or after you spent thirty days in the brig for streaking the officer's mess hall?"

"I was framed! They never could prove that it was my naked ass!"

Terry rolled his eyes, and Gabby was nearly in tears on the couch.

"You two should take this act on the road. There's money to be made here."

"I don't think we would last two days on the road together before Grandpa here got us thrown in jail for something. Most likely something involving public drunkenness."

"Now see here I've never been drunk in public as far as anyone knows. I hold my liquor with the best of em. I can prove it. Someone get me a bottle of Bourbon!"

"No Bourbon! I'm not cleaning up a mess like that again," shouted Terry.

The group eventually settled on what pizza they wanted to order, and Grandpa went off to use the facilities while Terry and Gabby waited for the pizza to arrive.

"You know I see a lot of your grandfather in you," observed Gabby.

"You take that back right now, or I'll make you sleep outside tonight!" said Terry in mock anger.

"Seriously, you both try to hide how much you care about people behind a veneer of humor, but it shines through all the same."

"Don't let him hear you say that he'll deny it to his grave."

"You're both good men, Terry Wallace. The best I've met in a long time."

Gabby had turned to face him on the couch, and even with the bruise on her cheek, she looked gorgeous. Terry felt the growing tension in the room, and though it didn't seem entirely appropriate, he found himself longing to taste Gabby's soft looking lips again. He was saved from his moral conundrum by the ringing of the front doorbell.

"Pizza's here," he said in mild disappointment as he went to answer the door.

"I say we eat before Grandpa gets back, given my experience he is liable to be in the bathroom for hou..."

The door flew open as soon as Terry unlatched it crashing into his shoulder and throwing him back into the room. Terry stumbled but managed to catch himself without falling.

"What the Hell!" yelled Terry.

The door was already slamming shut, and instead of a pizza delivery man, Terry was face to face with Rudy.

"Got you, pendejo! Think I'm stupid! I followed you back here. Now...Where is Gabby!"