All Comments on 'Slow Dancing with a Fast Woman'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Guess I'm sentimental...

I like happy endings! Great! I gave it five stars.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
neurotic

how could a guy fall for someone so unstable? In real life one of them would've killed themselves. But that said, great story; lots of twists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anon - good cheating bad cheating

Yes first husband paid for her nursing degree BUT IF YOU READ AND DON'T SKIM

SHE PAID BACK EVERY PENNY!

Hell even first husband - the one she cheated on urged Jesse to TAKE HER BACK!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great One

For me obviously 5 stars. Hard to fit in my brain how writers can have such varied and wide understandings of life, then are able to weave them together into remarkable compelling stories that at times have you almost feeling the people are real.

In the comments, noticed that Literotica authors I recognized were always favorable and complimentary. So scanned rest of comments. Observation still true. My conclusion: writers who write good stories recognize good stories.

Paul in Oklahoma

green117green117about 6 years ago
This time

I was struck by all the lyrics...

Green-something

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 6 years ago
Unusual take on cheating

So, she's a true cheater, but her dishonesty with him as the unknowing new guy led to very different issues, IMO. Great story, and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

One hell of a great story.

buckshot46buckshot46almost 6 years ago
Most Excellent

Understood the characters and the issues. That's a lot more than I get from most of the stories. Well Done! So well done in fact there is only one small comment I could make but it's not important. For me, it is well above 5*. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Pretty damn good!

Especially the last twist! Hahaha!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 6 years ago
Timeless

It is such a shame the dozen or so authors of this quality stopped contributing to this site 5 or 10 years ago and no one with the same skill level has stepped up to replace them.

I guess this is another example of our changing society. Once, we enjoyed entertaining others. Now, it seems, most people are only interested in entertaining themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Love this story just wish that it was longer wanted to here more about the baby and there life after

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I like a good emotional journey. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yes

Terrific. Probably your best.. You got past the BTB formula. Keep it up.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Damnit, that was good!

What a roller coaster of a story! Wonderful! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A new twist

This story had a little different twist, than a typical BTB story. I’m a romantic at heart, so this story really appealed to me. Thanks for another good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Took long enough

I was sfraid you were building up to another also ran ending, but you didn't. Thanks! This is the best youve written since Boston and Summer by the Lake.

5 stars and you should make a novel of it, like SbtL.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A really enjoyable, compelling story

...about a lot of really fucked up people.

Likeable people. But nevertheless, they're really fucked up.

5

peter944peter944almost 5 years ago
Another great read

People are messed up at times and that is what you write about, some may not like them especially on an erotica site but you have a way of telling a story that feels real. I do get the idea you are a romantic a heart though, lol. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
?????

I am beginning to realize that you really believe this RAAC crap that you write about could really happen. I am amazed that someone who has lived past his majority could be so naive. It is a shame because you have excellent writing skills.

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
Another Winner.

Another great story as are all from this writer. Am going through all of his work. However, still looking for Melissa Sue. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another well written story

But given the character and history YOU gave him in this story, there's no way in hell he stays at the wedding to talk to her. I don't give a shit what Jerry and his bride wanted. He would have left, if for no other reason than to satisfy the bride's request to "not spoil her wedding". And creating a scene with his ex-girlfriend would definitely ruin the wedding. So they NEVER talk and they never get together and all is right in the world. You went WAY WAY too far out of the way to RAAC these two. Yes, this was well written. But it was a truly horrible ending. The good guy doesn't always win. The girl doesn't always get her guy. And every story doesn't have a happy ending. Deal with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
HELL OF A STORY!

Right up until you decided to turn it into just another pathetic RAAC story. One star from me.

danbo56danbo56about 4 years ago
great read

enjoyed story once and awhile it doesn't always have lots of gratuitous sex and violence in them just a good read and a believable story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I guess it had to happen.

The first one of your stories that I truly did not like. I just cannot enjoy stupid character and you produced to shining examples.

anonjerry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Goodness Gracious Me !!

All us lost gold mine buyers do so love a story that has lost its' way, and is trying to sell us a plot line that has well developed main characters with believable back stories as being worth a read.

Shame on you for writing the story you did - couldn't you have churned out a tired humdrum BTB disaster that needed a hefty dose of euthanasia?

However, I think your heroically puny effort is worth every one of its' 5 pointy things!

Buck1974Buck1974almost 4 years ago
Fantastic story

Yes another fantastic story from you. Really did enjoy this story .

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Cheater!!

No matter what she tells him, she will always be a cheater. You cannot TRUST a cheater!!! I would definitely use the GPS and security cameras as she agreed to. I just wouldn't tell her...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Addicted to Crazy

Jessie seems to have bad taste in woman.....he's apparently addicted to the emotionally disabled ladies and can't walk away from them when he should. Apparently he never got the lecture from his mother..."Don't stick you dick in Crazy!".

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 3 years ago
One solid rule in life to keep you sane..........

Don't stick your Dick in crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And Ending

A real ending. Such a rare thing on this site.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Another fine story from the master, actually this is the second or third time I've read it. Thank you for a wonderful read. It is a perfect example of how hard life and relationships can be.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

This as always was good writing and the story about to people who loved but didn't trust.

Difficult to put yourself in that kind of a situation. What would you do?

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerover 3 years ago

Great story, second read. Big fan of your work

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Second read

Much better story than I would write and this MC is the usual LW dumbass.

My story would go, "Jerry and Anna you nosy twats. You aren't marriage counselors and you aren't my friends. Adios mother fuckers."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great

Always like your story. Definitely a 5 star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟 ratings.

Ali Singapore

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Another fantastic read. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I wish I could give it ten stars

NonSequitourNonSequitouralmost 3 years ago

I like the story, but it was so difficult to read. I understand flashbacks. A short story needs a hook early. People don't want to read page after page of history narrative waiting for conflict & resolution.

This story starts in the third from last act at Jerry's wedding. We never know 'til halfway through the story who TF Jerry is! Then it jumps to 1st Melanie, then jumps further back to Cindy. That part read like Becca the business major followed him around for a report and fell into bed with him for 2 years. A couple of paragraphs later it turned out to be Cindy. Very confusing.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Loved the ending we all worked for it

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Nice, thanks! 5/5 from me

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Good story. Should he ever trust an admitted cheater??

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Great story (even though there was infidelity) loved the different POV it was told in. Worth 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, very well done. Felt more "real" than a lot of these stories. I'd forgive her and I rarely forgive anyone. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We can all forgive if the reward is high enough. Great story, more like true life than many stories here

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not worth the baggage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I Rrrreeeeaaaallllyy love this story. Perfect length, perfect pace, and real people, who I could meet at the grocery store. I love that even though their relationship started with a lie, they ended up where they belonged. A great romance. It helps that she didn't sleep with the other man, or any other people once they committed. Though small, this means a great deal. She was serious about him and knew it was real.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Fantastic story told from a unique perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I recently found you as an author, and have been running through your catalogue... it only makes me MORE interested in reading you.

Please keep on writing...

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 2 years ago

From my readings on this site, I have concluded that the hardest part of any story is the ending because it is the weakest part of many of the stories here. I think this is one of the best endings I've ever read. Thank you for sharing.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Great story and the ending was FANTISTIC. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Got a suggestion for the people who whine about a story where a couple get back together; pick a story that you like and ONLY read it. Since you only want one ending for a tale you will not be disappointed OR write your own damn stories! I swear, you claim to be men but cry like a girl!

Q writes great stories that most readers enjoy - count me as one of them.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have always been of the opinion that so-called friends who think they know what's best for you are simply tiresome, meddling fools. -- I didn't get past the first page of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked the story and gave 5*. However in reality, ability to dance in the rain is not a great criteria for picking your wife and the mother of your children.

jkthekatjkthekatabout 2 years ago

Fuck! What a ride!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Your best work. Everybody deserves one second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When she was caught being married there WERE extenuating circumstances. I figured then that was a deserved reconciliation tale.

Had a wrapped up ending with few loose ends left.

Although I’ve read much better stories this one got to the 5 star level.

Good job!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Inerded a better ending. More babies. Amazon vollyball player smashing scene, need more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Needed another chapter for the 2 of them, after all the shit they have been through

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 star brilliant...they made it. Great story.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Nice reverse idea. A wife cheats her lover with her husband.

But, facing your worst thear has nothing to do with trust and has everything to do with love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When Mel proposed using a number of electronic gadgets so that he could follow her anywhere she went, I thought it was a good idea. But his answer was just as good: the trust could not be developed that way. Mel has SERIOUS issues between her ears and they will continue to show throughout their life. And kids are NOT a therapy.

5*

BJ

sennodensennodenalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story, right up until the two banshees got up all in his face, and I thought they should just mind their own business. But then he instantly went and proved them right. After that, it just seemed like they went in circles, in a bad way. 4 stars

Ranger001Ranger001almost 2 years ago

GREAT TWIST for a roller coaster ending!!

😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You killed ma again with a story of love, pain, redemption, and a last shot of serious smart-ass!

5... couldn't be anything else.

EastCoaster

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You're writing is absolutely brilliant. I'd give you a 10 star rating if I could! Thank you.

G

missouridocmissouridocover 1 year ago

Absolutely fantastic right up to middle. Where's the end?

MyInspirationMyInspirationover 1 year ago

Beautiful ending. A true demonstration of trust on both sides

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 Solid stars on this one . I do hope that they make it for 45 years or so and have 4 kids .

Dom_VeritatemDom_Veritatemover 1 year ago

That's a great ending to a good story!

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Reread. Still great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was attempting to read through all of your stories after having a couple of good ones suggested to me. Unfortunately, it turns out that your writing is horribly inconsistent. Well, not entirely inconsistent as you can be assured that it will have errors that even a half blind proofreader would see and will drug out into at least twice as many words as are needed to tell the story. Sadly, this is story is so bad I switched to skimming on the first page and even gave up on that about halfway through.

This will be as far as I get in reading through your story list. Your good stories simply aren't good enough or frequent enough to justify the time it takes to weed through the rest of what you have posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved the ending

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Interesting story. Bit hard to swallow at parts. Like the ex being told his wife couldn't have sex with him for six months because she got exposed to something at the hospital. And he accepts it. Lol. Not much of a marriage if she works 12 hour shifts Mon, Tues, Wed and her husband is out of town Thrusday through Sunday. Eep. She is realy good at lying and rationalization. Even if she had cause to want out of her marriage, she went about it in the worst way possible. The whole security blanket thing is nauseating. Just file for divorce. Wtf? Cute ending but wow a big leap of faith. And why woukd she be afraid he will abandon her. Also wow the two roommates were just awful.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A stupid MC at times, an asshole full of himself thst he cant deal decisively with a cheating bitch!!

Schlouis57Schlouis5711 months ago

Ils ont vraiment des problèmes tous les deux. Et quand il n'y en a pas, ils les créent. Très déçu par cette histoire surtout les derniers chapitres. On se demande si ces deux là s'aiment vraiment.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Interesting, enticing, intriguing, fun, exciting,... will get read again. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ahh, Q left no stone unturned…

. And the next week Jesse got a hernia from hefting 300 lbs of Ozark slate. Gettin one’s rocks off and having em fall off makes for a serious plot twist.

Loved it. (Ok, I’m outta Moon Pie wisecracks) Never EVER pick up a rock inthe Ozarks. Why? Because there’s two underneath it. How can you fell an Ozark farmer who picks up rocks in his fields? He has rock instead of barb wire fences and his fields look like a rock quary.

Still runnin 10 on da five scale. On to da next…

inka2222inka222210 months ago

3 stars. The story was somewhat entertaining and well written, but there were two points I disliked greatly. First (and surprisingly, the least) was that she was rewarded for her cheating. Yes she had some minor bumps but ultimately, her betrayal and cheating and selfishness paid off.

Second, and surprisingly bigger, was Jerry's new wife. He deserved better than a deceitful (didn't tell main character that Mel would be at the wedding), heartless bitch without a shred of decency (her insulting dressing down of main character and total disrespect for him) without any empathy (blackmailing him to stay at the wedding); and having zero regard to the feelings or wishes of her new husband at all. The impression the author painted was that she was a selfish ass who mainly saw him as a financial support for herself and her kids. And that ignores the MAJOR problem that "mel" wasted his life by not giving him kids of his own, and obviously a 46 year old woman with 2 older kids won't be either able OR willing to give him kids of his own - and she doesn't give two fucks about him and that fact.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Oh, and one more thing that bothered me - didn't form it well enough in my head till an earlier comment crystallized it. The whole ending was meaningless and stupid - forcing someone to face their phobia has NOTHING to do with trust, just with willingness to blindly discard your own feelings to please the other person. Which in theory you can call "love" but I call "unhealthy dependence".

Note how going out in the thunderstorm didn't increase her trust in him and certainly didn't increase his trust in her, just in her willingness to obey him at the moment (as he didn't - and realistically couldn't - offer to protect her from lightning, just to die together if they were hit)

And her asking him to go on rolleroaster - as someone with phobia of heights, I will out and out call it emotional abuse - didn't in any way have any way to increase her trust in him. What it SHOULD have realistically done, should have decreased his trust in her for forcing him into this for no good reason whatsoever AND putting his life in un-necessary risk.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry I know this will piss off the BTB crowd but her offense while bad wad nit as bad as many on this site. She was married to a man some almost 15 years older that she never loved, hoping she would in time, to lift her out of poverty. Is that ethical, umm heck no. But happened in arranged marriages throughout the world and history for a very long time. Still happens in some countries. Her crap was the deceit. Yeah she planned to leave her husband and fell in live with the MC but due to bad life experiences she wanted security. This fear of being left alone caused he bold faced lie to both men. She loved the MC but didn't trust him or move quicker on the divorce. Of course earlier disclosure of a divorce could easily have destroyed her relationship with the MC. "Once a cheater, always a cheater" is not a logical certainty. It is an increased probability. The counselor got to the heart of the matter. They BOTH need to trust each other for different reasons. There lies in the problem. Now making the other face their phobias seems a trite way of doing that. Not realistic. In reality this is ancase where after counseling and open communication after an already long separation, the gift of grace can be a huge deal to such a relationship. The one person opens their heart up again to being hurt, but forgives the other person at the same time. That leap of faith in some specialized situations (not most involving adultery which are often based on selfishness, lust, desire, greed, etc) can transform the person who receives rhe grace. All depends of course on the circumstances of the betrayal / deceit and the people involved. At face value her betrayal looks bad. Ignore the stuff about Jerry meeting Anna. That was straight out of SS06 playback. It isn't relevant to the the MC and Melody except to get them to talk to one another again after a long separation. But it doesn't alter their relationship dynamic and the trust factor. She acted like a coward. She should have left the marriage long before and been upfront about her situation to the MC. Honestly MC being who he is would probably have ended it early. Her lie to Jery about her "exposure" meaning by no sex for six months is a palliative that the counselor rightly blows up. But though she broke her vows to Jerry and put the MC in a bad position, she did what she did out of fear and insecurity. Not about stupid garbage like getting older or not feeling attractive, or lamenting she has only slept with one man, or living vicariously through stories from friends of hot dates and amoking sex or big penises, blah blah blah. It was none of that. She lied. The sex is not the heart of the issue. It was being a coward and lying to both men. She disrespected Jerry (who got over it). Of course they barely saw each other with their opposite schedules. No kids and the huge age difference. Instead of getting better things got worse. She disrespected the MC. But was her betrayal as big as some wife of 20 years and mother who sneaks behind her husband's back for a multimonth affair, despite supposedly loving her husband, just wanting some thrilling illicit sex on the side? No. Yes she had a multimonth affair when hubby was away, but they were married for a short time, no kids, she never loved him, huge age gap, not compatible in many areas, and she planned to leave him now that she had a good career. She didn't plan on falling in love with the MC. She was attracted yo him, got swept up and dreamed he would be the one. But she was a coward. That is bad. But not the same as a traitor. May seem like a.fine line, but not really when you look at it carefully. On the other hand can certainly see why the MC was conflicted. Btw can see how she hid this from Jerry given their schedules (well except for the infection hoax, that is laughable, they can't have sex but hey they can cuddle, no first or second base? Hilarious.) But how did she hide it from the MC? None of her friends mention anything? No slip ups? That many months? Hmm. Maybe. Anyways enjoyed the story buy got repetitive and tiresome last couple pages with exception of counselor. The phobia angle didn't make a lot of sense as a trust building mechanism.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That's what having a relationship is all about. Trusting someone. Without that it ain't gonna work. To get the happiness you have to love someone enough to let them inside completely and trust them enough that if you do then they won't hurt you deliberately and won't betray you. If you get it right it's wonderful. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Four stars. While a good tale, it became a bit wordy and tedious. It could have told the same tale as well or better by losing a page or two. A good read, though.

JPB

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver5 months ago

Thank for your story.

One of the foundations of any relationship is trust.

It can take a lifetime to build and a second to destroy.

Most people have no idea how to rebuild trust after it's broken (if it's even possible)

It was nice to read a story where two people figured it out.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly5 months ago

What an ending! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you Q,

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry, calling. bullshit that the counselor can’t help them any further… that being said, I understand why you wrote it that way.

Ocker53Ocker533 months ago

I liked it, I must be getting soft in my old age, looks like I’m become an old romantic ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RedRachaelRedRachael3 months ago

Love this. Life is so fucking messy. It’s nice to know two people can find each other.

steeltiger01steeltiger013 months ago

If memory serves, this was the first qhml1 story i read, and immediately favorited, many years ago. It's still a great read, with three-dimensional characters and a solid story - and that ending gets me every time!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I changed my mind from several months ago. Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Anna and Jerry were interfering bitches

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Drama. You should have put 'Bullshit' as the tag. Couldn't keep reading as the cheating bitch kept playing game after game, acting like a 4 year old all the time.

And he, the Simp, couldn't let her go.

Did my head in.

PhredDaggPhredDaggabout 1 month ago

Damm... Talk about cliff hanged endings. You going to post a last chapter to this story😆

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories