Snowed In

Story Info
Two workers get stuck in a blizzard together.
6.1k words
4.54
20k
24
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The day started like any other winter day in the midwest does, sunny with a slight breeze. It was mid-November and the forecast was calling for snow in the evening, but as of now you couldn't tell what kind of shitshow was about to hit us. I had just turned 24 and graduated nursing school, spending my summer working as a CNA at a local old folks home. The nurses had been kind enough to let me shadow them on my down time and I'd been putting in extra hours to save up for my next year of schooling. It was a decent sized facility, with both an assisted living unit and a nursing unit. We were super short staffed for the day - probably because people were afraid of the storm rolling in and didn't want to get stuck doing stay-overs. I'd been transitioned to the assisted living unit for the rest of the evening, passing meds and doing hourly rounds to make sure everyone was doing okay. 

Checking my watch, I huffed my blonde bangs out of my eyes after reading 4:05. I never thought I'd be bored at this job, but I'd already completed most of the tasks I needed to get done. I locked up the med cart and decided to head to the cafeteria for a quick snack before going to visit with the residents. I rounded the corner of the hallway and, being a quick walker, tripped over the cuffs of my too-long scrubs. As I vaulted forward, my face smacks right into the chest of Rhett, one of the maintenance men, who was coming the other way down the hall. He lets out a grunt and manages to plant his feet so I don't topple both of us over. There's an awkward moment of silence as his hands grip my shoulders and I glance up at him, cheeks already turning a deep red. That's all it takes for us to both burst out in laughter, him pushing me away and making sure I'm steady on my feet. 

"I'm so sorry! I need to trim these things up a bit before I wear them again, I think." I motion down at my feet, where the ends of the scrubs bunch up over my sneakers. 

He's straightening out his shirt as he glances back up at me, his long, dark hair falling in front of his face, "It's all good, I'm glad someone was here to catch you... and to tell everyone the story later." He lets out a deep laugh, pulling a pony tail off his wrist to tie his hair back up into a bun. 

Rhett was cool, as were most of the maintenance men. I was fortunate to have a good relationship with most of my coworkers, in every department. Rhett was in his early forties, with hair most girls would die for, deep green eyes, and a longer, neatly trimmed beard. He was usually followed by a shorter version of himself, named Mike. While Rhett was a good 6' or better, Mike trailed behind him at maybe 5'6". Emphasis on the maybe.

"Where's your sidekick?" I grabbed my keys off the floor and leaned up against the wall, glancing up at him. 

"I actually managed to lose him for a second, I think he's back getting some coffee before we go get the snow plows and all that fun stuff ready."

"You think it's actually going to be as bad as they say it is?"

He shrugged, stuffing his hands in his front pockets, "Who knows with this state. Could be some flurries and could be a full blown blizzard. We're hoping for the first option. Grandma has the kid and I'd hate for her to be stuck with him for a couple days. The wife is out of town for the week, business trip in Florida."

He said the last part a little mockingly, a bit of resentment dripping off of the "business". I was afraid to pry any deeper, so I awkwardly said "Ah.. lucky lady." 

He raised his eyebrows at me and sighed, pushing away from the wall. "Well, I better get going before Tweedle Dum finds me. I'll catch you later." He winks at me before continuing down the hall. 

I made my way to the cafeteria, mentally cursing myself for not having been nicer about the wife situation. I always found topics like that uncomfortable, as I haven't been in a serious relationship for quite some time and didn't really have a plan for one any time soon. I didn't talk about my previous atrocious relationship with people either, so I tended to avoid any sort of deep, "feely" conversations at all costs. 

Pushing the door to the cafeteria open, I see Mike sitting at the table, hands wrapped around a coffee mug and talking with the cook. He glanced sideways at me as I walked in, then did a double take and a smirk spread across his face. He patted the chair next to me and kicked it away from the table with his foot so I could sit down. 

You see, Mike is attractive. Very attractive, but stereotypically so. For pushing 50, he looked more like mid 30's. Almost-black hair curled up against his head, and when it was longer, stuck out from under his ball caps. Gorgeous dark blue eyes and a straight smile were even more pronounced because of the closely trimmed beard on his face, which was dark but streaked with just the right amount of gray. The only problem was - he was slimy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his company and his attention at times, but so did 98% of the other female staff. There's been multiple attempts to get me to go into empty rooms for a few seconds of fun, which so far I'd dodged gracefully. 

I propped myself on the seat next to him scooting it a little further away. "Hey Miss Maggie." 

The cook, an elder black lady who made absolutely amazing food, smiled sweetly at me. "Hey sugar, what can I get for you?" 

"Can I get a cup of chili and a cinnamon roll, if you still have some left over from lunch please."

"We got plenty, I'll run and heat one up for you." She turned and teetered back into the kitchen, the door slamming shut behind her. 

I called out my thanks, then apprehensively turned to study Mike. "What's up, slacker?"

He grinned, taking a moment to think of something witty to say, "Dicks and airplanes?"

I rolled my eyes, having expected something a little above a seventh grade level for a response. "I think Rhett's waiting for you, might wanna get moving since it takes you twice as long to get anywhere with them little legs."

His hand came up to clutch his heart, face contorting to fake agony. "Girl, you know just how to break a man." He swivels his chair away from me and glances out the window, "Well, shit."

I turn to see what he's talking about, noting the fat, heavy flakes starting to swirl outside. The wind hadn't let up any from this morning, so any amount of snow we get is likely going to be a full blown blizzard. I let out a deep sigh, glad I still had an extra change of clothes and a toothbrush in my car. 

He looks away from the brewing storm and catches my eye again, winking. "It'd be a shame if we got stuck in the same room tonight, huh?" 

I grunted in disgust, turning back towards the door that Maggie was coming out of with my food. Ah, sweet interruption. Mike jumps off of his chair, giving me finger guns, "Well sweet cheeks, I'll see you later." He struts out of the cafeteria.

I raise my eyes to Maggie, who's just shaking her head. "Well 'sweet cheeks', I gotta get back to finishing dinner so you just let me know if you need anything, alright now?"

"Yes ma'am, thank you so much. Smells delicious."

She throws her towel over her shoulder and gives me a smile before turning back to the kitchen. 

___

Full from my mid-day snack, I head back to my post at the cart and get things sorted in time for dinner. The rest of the shift goes by fairly quickly, but it's becoming more apparent with every hour that I probably won't be heading home tonight. We had a good 8 inches piled on the ground, but huge drifts starting to pile up against cars and anywhere the wind could find to blow it. Since I lived in the next small town over, I didn't mind staying over much because it meant I didn't have to drive in this. I braved the cold and ran out to grab my overnight bag from my trunk before it got any worse.

There were a handful of rooms still unoccupied by residents on the domiciliary side, many of which had already been claimed for the night by other staff. I found an end room, one that was opened up to the next room over for the very few couples we get living here. Nobody had claimed the other side yet, and I was a little surprised to find that the two twin beds were pushed together on one side of the two rooms. I shrugged as I threw my bag down, thinking that maybe i would actually get lucky and end up with a bigger bed all to myself. 

I made my way back down to the cafeteria to get some left over dinner, chatting with some coworkers. I could see Mike at a table across the room, sitting with a bunch of the nurses. I mentally prayed that he wasn't staying the night, or that he had his sights set on someone else to harass if he was. I chowed down, then checked in with administration to give them the room number that I had picked to stay in so that they had tabs on everyone in case of an emergency. I made my way back to my home sweet home for the night, wanting to get in and shower before everyone else did. When I opened the door, I was honestly a little surprised to see another backpack next to mine on the beds. Nobody else was in the room though, and my stomach knotted at the thought of the manly looking bag being Mikes. 

I sighed, picking my bag off the bed and laid out the book I'd brought along with my phone. I pulled some clothes out and headed to the tiny bathroom attached to the room, figuring I might as well shower before whoever it is gets back in here. I took a scalding shower, deciding to keep my hair tied up in the bun and just wash my body. Taking my time, I lathered everything up with the stale smelling soap that the home provided, rinsing off all of my makeup and brushing my teeth while I was in there. My hands ran down my wide hips before sliding down my front- there was something so exciting about being in a shower that wasn't your own. I toyed with myself lightly, not wanting to get too crazy. My other hand rubbed soap over my D cup breasts, fingers pinching slightly and working my nipples into hard little buds. I'd had them pierced a few years back, as a wild younger teen, and it was still one of my favorite things about my body. Gold posts accented with emeralds went through them now, making them sparkle in the suds. 

Knowing I'd never be able to finish like this if I decided to keep going, I rinsed and shut the shower off. Grabbing for the towel that's usually hanging over the shower rod, my hands came up empty. I groaned when I realized what I'd done, and then crossed my fingers hoping nobody else was in the room yet and that I could run to the closet and grab one. I drip dried as much as possible so that I wouldn't make a mess of the floor before stepping out of the tub and poking my head cautiously out of the bathroom door. 

Rhett was sitting on my bed, reading my book. He glanced up at me as he heard the door open, "Well howdy neighb- uh, whatcha doing?"

I closed my eyes slowly in defeat, shrinking back into the bathroom further so that he wouldn't see anything. "I forgot to grab a towel, could you please bring me one? Please?" 

He chuckled and stood, making his way to the closet and grabbing a couple. I extended a hand far out of the door so he could hand them over without getting too close. "Here, Princess."

I snatched them away, laughing. "Ah, good sir. Thank you!" 

I slammed the door and finished drying quickly. I slipped on a pair of old sweatpants, they were camouflage and almost worn through in some spots, the coloring having been dulled because of it. With it I paired a tee, Rolling Stones tongue hanging out on the front, opting to not wear a bra because of the huge size of the shirt. Surprisingly, I was a little self conscious to walk out in front of him like this. Rhett had never really gotten my attention, though the man bun and his great personality were growing on me. I'd never been around anyone here without just a little bit of makeup, and I faintly considered putting a little mascara on before going out. Once I'd convinced myself that it was a dumb idea and that I was fine without it, I gathered up my clothes and headed back out to the room. 

He was laying back on his bed now, legs crossed at the ankles, boots thrown haphazardly on the floor in front of the bed. He had my murder mystery turned to probably about page 20, and actually seemed a little lost in the story line. He hadn't glanced up yet as I stuffed my scrubs and toiletries back into my bag, then laid out my clothes for tomorrow on the dresser opposite of the beds. 

I stood awkwardly, not sure if I should take over the other bed or talk to him about something. I was still a little surprised he was even staying the night, but with how much snow we were getting and the time it takes them all to scoop and plow in the mornings, I should have known better.

I pull my pony tail out, letting my hair fall down to the middle of my back. I'd never worn my hair down here, with it usually getting in my way as I'm trying to work.

He's staring, not saying anything. I blush hard and glance away, "Um, there's still hot water left if you need to shower..."

He grins slightly, I'm sure from sensing my awkwardness. "I think I'll wait until later, I have a strange feeling I'll get called out to work on something. I hope you're not a light sleeper because tonight could be rough, but I'll try to be quiet."

I shrug, plopping down on the other bed and grabbing my phone. "I am, but I'm not too worried about it. If you'll help me we could move my bed back to the other room so you could have your privacy."

He gazes at me again, weighing his options and looking entirely to comfy to get up and do that right now. "I mean, if it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother me."

I consider it for a moment, then decided that I didn't have much to hide in my sleep and it wasn't like we were sharing covers or anything. Besides, one night wasn't that big of a deal. By tomorrow I'd be back in my own fluffy bed with my good pillows and nice heater. I wave a hand, dismissing the idea. "I think it'll be just fine then."

Pulling back the covers from the top, I slide under and pull up the latest social media on my phone. He's gone back to reading my book, so I didn't have much else to do. Soon enough, I was dozing off. 

-

I woke to the bed creaking next to mine. In the dim light I could faintly see Rhett standing and pulling on his boots. He notices me stirring and stills momentarily, "I'm sorry, powers down and I need to go get the big generators running. I didn't mean to wake you."

"No no, it's fine. Be safe." He bolts out the door, using his phone for light in the dark hallway. I can barely make out the white snow still swirling outside of the blinds, but it doesn't look like the storm has slowed down any just yet. Checking my phone, I see that it's only midnight. I'm worried about Rhett and the other guys out there, though I know they usually have the clothes for it and it doesn't take long to flip the generator on. Man, I hope they don't lose Mike in those big snow drifts.

Even though the power is off, the room is still almost agonizingly warm. I take the opportunity while I'm alone to slip off my sweats, pushing them to the bottom of the bed and feeling the silky sheets against my smooth legs. 

I must doze off again because I was startled with the door clicking shut, nearly 45 minutes later. I can see the dim hallway light under the door, and hear the hum of the heaters turn on again. I see Rhetts looming silhouette, pulling his boots and then his jeans off after them. I'm slightly stunned, but can't advert my eyes as he pulls his shirt over his head too, showing off his surprisingly fit shoulders and chest. He's left standing in just a pair of boxers, rubbing his hands together to bring back some warmth. I don't think he's aware I'm awake this time, kicking his pile of clothes and boots to the corner. As he crawls back into his bed, I can see that he's visibly shivering. 

Worry overpowers my desire to stay silent, so I reach out for his hand. "Are you okay?"

He sucks in a breath, throwing the covers over his body quickly. "Holy shit Cass, you scared me."

"Sorry, I should have said something when you first came in. But seriously, do you want some of my covers too? I can see you shaking."

He pauses, considering it for a moment before sliding closer on his bed towards me. "Can you just pull up this side of the covers and use it to cover me over my own?"

"Of course, come a little closer." I yank the covers up from under the left side of the mattress and feel his weight hit the side of my bed, so I toss them over his already covered body. 

He wraps up like a burrito, still slightly shivering. I'm grateful it's dark because I've just remembered I'm only in a pair of cheekers. I hug my side of the bed, using the rest of the blankets to keep warm. "Thank you." He lets out a sigh, tucking his head back under his blanket shell. 

__

The next time I wake it's because the power must have been restored, the absence of the humming generator leaving the room an eerie quiet. I notice Rhetts light breathing before I notice the warmth on my hip, his hand resting where it dips to my waist. The blankets he had from his bed have been discarded back over there, but his warmth is radiating off of him and onto my back. He's a mere few inches from me now, his breath blowing the hairs on my neck. I discreetly try to move out from under his touch, not wanting to send him the wrong message. As my body rolls slightly away, his fingers grip my fleshy hip and pull me back into his chest. There's a hitch in his breathing as he does so, but moments later it returns to normal. Goosebumps are sent up my entire body by his hot breath on my neck, just below my ear. 

I melt back into him, my body craving the feeling of being held. I'd put so much effort into my schooling and work lately that I'd hardly had the time or luck finding someone to put up with my hectic schedule. It'd been entirely too long since I'd cuddled anyone, and I could think of a lot worse of a man than this one right now. Besides, he was sleeping, what could it hurt?

I let myself relax further, already feeling sleep pulling me back in.

__

I wake once again a while later, not sure if it's been minutes or hours since the last time. It's hard to keep my eyes open, my whole body heavy and comfortable. I can tell there's a faint light in the room, figuring it was nearing dawn and that the blinds should have been shut last night. I notice Rhetts absence from my back and fight the surge of disappointment, but I can still feel him on the bed behind me. I roll to my back, cracking open my eyes just a tiny bit as I pull the covers up to my chin to try and stay warm. He's checking his phone, explaining the dim light. My eyes shut again, I hear the click of the phone being turned off and my covers start to raise off of me. Surprising me, he slides up close to me once again and drapes an arm across my stomach, skin touching mine where the shirt's ridden up.

He's moving quietly and carefully, as if not trying to wake me up. My arms are up, under the pillow behind my head, my legs splayed slightly. I'm sure I was taking up some of his room down there, seeing that his legs were almost twice the length of mine, and he lightly crosses one of his over mine. The skin on skin contact almost sends shivers up my back, but I fight it off. I'd been working hard on keeping my breath steady so that he didn't know I was awake. His arm was still across my stomach, but his fingers absentmindedly drew small circles where my hip dips down to my lower pelvis. They traced the fabric along my panty-line, dipping under it for just a second before pulling back.

I know he heard the hitch in my breathing, because he stilled suddenly. I can hear him swallow, before saying "I'm really sorry, force of habit..." His hand starts to pull away when I grab it gently, holding it against my warm skin.

12