Soccer Girls Ch. 09

Story Info
A Summer of love.
10.5k words
4.66
6.3k
19
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Soccer Girls - Ch. 09

Katie woke up with that same sense of euphoria that she had usually woken up with for the last two and a half years; since her and Melanie had been roommates. It was there in part because of what Melanie and she had shared last night, but it was mostly the moment that was fast approaching. A moment that was almost mundane yet was so much a part of her sense of happiness and well-being. Katie looked down at Melanie's face. She was pretty when she looked like this. Her adorable face and her long blond hair played out across her pillow. But that wasn't what melted Katie's heart every time she saw it. And Katie sat and waited patiently for that precise moment when Melanie would open her eyes and those clear blue irises would come into Katie's view. And Melanie would smile. And even after all this time, Katie never tired of it. Faithfully she kept her vigil knowing the pay off at the end would make it all worthwhile.

Melanie's body began to shift, and her lids fluttered, much like Katie's stomach. And then, as beautiful as the dawning of that very first day after Melanie's prom, Melanie's eyes opened. It took a few seconds for her sight to focus and she looked up and saw what she knew she would see, even as she went to sleep the night before. The beautiful round face framed by that red hair, those green eyes, and that goofy smile that Melanie would hate on anyone else, but which she treasured just as much as the girl behind those eyes treasured this moment. However, Melanie always kept that to herself. Katie would talk about this moment and how special it was to her. Melanie did not want to take it away from her.

Melanie said, "Good morning gorgeous." This made Katie's smile bigger and goofier and Melanie loved it.

Katie didn't respond at first but leaned down and kissed Melanie on the lips. "Good morning to you too."

"Did you sleep well?"

"As a matter of fact, I did. Someone completely wore me out and I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow."

Melanie smiled up at Katie again and said, "May I have another kiss?"

Katie bent down and kissed Melanie again.

With Spring Break over, school began again in earnest for the final push toward Melanie's graduation and hopefully her acceptance into the school's Graduate program. That would also allow her to stay on the Soccer Team one more year. They were at the cafeteria having dinner with Jo and Margaret when Melanie looked at her phone. "Katie, have you checked your e-mail recently?"

"No. Why?"

"Coach wants to see you and me."

"OOOHHH. What did you two do?" Jo asked in a teasing way.

Katie said, "I wonder if we've lost anyone else?" The only downside to having a very good soccer season was that a number of their assistant coaches got jobs as head coaches at other schools. Not that they weren't happy where they were, but it was a chance at a head coach job. So, it was tough to pass up.

While the girls hated to lose them, they were happy that they were getting a chance at a head coach position. Still, they had come so far in the last three years and that was due in part to a number of people who were now going to be gone. Next season would be their last and the girls were hoping for even greater things next year.

Katie and Melanie went to Coach Quincannon's office. Emma Cooper buzzed in to make sure that the Coach wasn't busy, and the Coach had the girls come into her office. "Hi Coach." they both said in unison.

"Hello girls, come in please. How is the schoolwork coming along Smith?"

"Fine Coach." said Melanie.

"Good. So, you expect to still be all set for next year?"

"Yes. Looking forward to it Coach."

Katie, who had been a little more worried about the coaching drain than Melanie or Jo, felt compelled to chime in "Coach are we losing anyone else?"

"Actually Rogers, it's the opposite. It's about someone I am thinking of hiring. And I don't usually talk to the team about these kinds of things, but this case is a little bit different than most." The Coach held up a piece of paper and said, "This is the resume of one, Tiffany Hochbauer." Both girls' faces immediately lit up. "Now don't get ahead of yourselves here. I only said I was thinking of hiring her. And don't misunderstand, I am not giving you a vote on this question. But I know you know her well and you can give me the insight a piece of paper can't. Even in an interview people can prepare themselves and get ready for it and maybe you are not really seeing the person as they really are. So, what is she really like. Smith let's start with you."

"Oh, Coach she is wonderful. She was always very businesslike, and she always worked us hard, but she didn't yell and scream. She never demanded anything from us, she just expected stuff from us, and you just felt like you never wanted to disappoint her."

"Okay, but we have a really good nucleus coming back and the younger girls are more than ready to step up. We got close to a championship this year. Rogers, do you think she can help get us the rest of the way?"

"Definitely Coach. And I'm not just saying that. I mean, she coached me for 5 years. And we had this thing where all of our games would be filmed at our tournaments. And after the first day, she would have seen so much and we would meet in a room that first night and she would get the video and go over stuff and show us what we could do to improve. And this was really before analytics was what it is now. She was doing that before sports talk shows ever heard that word. In fact, I don't think she used that word, it's just what she did."

"That explains it." Coach Quincannon muttered under her breath.

"Explains what?" asked Melanie.

Coach Quincannon recoiled, not realizing she had said that out loud. She hadn't wanted to. But the two young women in front of her had proven to be mature. Maybe it was okay if they knew a little bit about a secret she had. "I've never told you this and I don't want you to repeat it. And when I tell you, you are going to want to ask a question. Don't ask it! I won't tell you anyway and you both need to know how much I think of both of you as players but also as women. But originally, I was only going to take one of you."

Both girls got a horrified look in their eyes and Melanie started to say "Whi..."

"No Smith! Don't even ask because I won't tell you. And besides, it doesn't matter because I did. But back when I was still trying to decide about who I should offer scholarships to, I got this video. It was a video of the two of you, working together on the field. Showing the way you would combine for plays and how you seemed to know exactly what each other was thinking on the field. And with the video was a letter that said basically, the sum was greater than the parts and that I would be foolish if I did not take both of you on the team. That was sent to me by your Coach Hochbauer. Now I understand how it was that she had all those clips available to her. But let me say that I came to learn that she was right, and it would have been one of my biggest mistakes if I had not brought you both in here. And you both have made me very glad that I did."

Katie said "Coach I know that if it wasn't for her, I would never have been good enough for you to have even considered me. Does that answer your question for you?"

"Yes Rogers, it does. Now look, I meant it when I said I don't want you saying anything to anyone. I am going to set up an interview, but I don't know yet if I will even offer her a job. And even if I do, she might not take it. She'd have to move out here and maybe she won't want to even if I do make her an offer."

"Don't worry Coach. Mums the word and we won't get excited about it...yet." said Melanie.

At breakfast the next morning, Jo asked them why Coach wanted to talk to them. Melanie launched into a cover story about how she couldn't live in the dorm next year as a grad student and what Katie and she might be doing about housing. Katie hadn't thought of this, but she immediately realized that Melanie was right. The best cover story always had some truth in it, but until that point Katie had not thought about this particular truth.

Jo was a little disappointed that Katie and Melanie wouldn't be around as much next year, but Melanie pointed out that they'd be able to have their cars off campus and that they could provide transportation when Jo ("and Margaret", she thought) wanted to visit. Plus, they could do a little more when they actually had a little time off of studies or sports.

Later that night the four girls were once again back in Katie and Melanie's room after dinner, just hanging out. Melanie was sitting in her desk chair and at one point she looked down and decided that she wanted to redo her toenail polish. While still remaining engaged in the conversation, Melanie got up and grabbed a bottle of nail polish remover and a cotton ball and went back to her seat. She brought one foot up and put it on the chair, tight against her chest. Then she reached down and began removing the nail polish from her toes.

"Melanie do you want me to do that for you?" The remark came from Margaret.

"If you wouldn't mind Margaret, that would be great. I can't trust Katie or Jo to do it, but it can be hard to get it right sometimes hunched over doing it for yourself.

Jo felt she had to defend herself and said "Yeah, but your toes are so small it would be hard to do that without getting polish on your feet."

"I admit it is precision work, but you just need to want to do it and concentrate enough and you would be fine. You just don't like feet enough." Said Melanie.

Margaret wheeled over Katie's desk chair and stopped in front of Melanie. She had Melanie put her foot up in her lap and asked her "Do you want to do anything special with them.?"

"Yes, I have this blue and this silver. I was planning to alternate the colors for each one. So the one foot goes blue, sliver, blue, silver and blue and the other foot goes silver, blue, silver, blue and silver."

Margaret took the blue bottle and then took a hold of Melanie's foot. "You seem tense. I can feel it in your foot."

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she needs a three point five in her grades this semester?" piped up Jo.

Margaret looked up at her and went "Shush!" This caught Jo, Katie and Melanie by surprise. Margaret was usually so quiet and soft spoken. And she always seemed to be deferential to Jo, almost submissive. Margaret then turned back to Melanie and asked, "Maybe I could massage your foot a little, relax it so I can put the polish on easier."

"Please Margaret that would be wonderful." Melanie leaned back in her chair and Margaret began rubbing her foot. Margaret used her fingers to rub along the top of Melanie's foot while she used her thumbs to do a sort of shiatsu massage on the sole of her foot. "Oh Margaret, that feels wonderful." Melanie closed her eyes and Margaret sensed Melanie's whole body relax.

Margaret kept this up for about two minutes and then said "Okay. Blue silver blue, right?"

"Yes." Melanie said, missing the wonderful feeling that Margaret's foot massage had been giving her.

They continued talking but Melanie was finding it harder to concentrate on the conversation. She was distracted with the feeling of Margaret's soft hands moving among her toes as she applied the polish on Melanie's right foot. When she had finished with the polish, Margaret brought Melanie's foot up to her mouth and lightly blew air on the toes. Melanie's foot shuddered at the feeling and Margaret said. "Just trying to help them dry. Now give me your other foot."

Margaret let go of Melanie's foot and Melanie brought her right leg down and put her left leg up, putting her left foot into Margaret's lap. Margaret again began massaging Melanie's foot. This time, Melanie let out a soft, low moan.

"Having fun over there?" asked Katie. She was not jealous about Margaret playing with Melanie's feet. However, she did note just how much Melanie was enjoying this and she knew she would have to incorporate this into their own private time as well. For now, she was content to just watch and learn and be ready to imitate what she was seeing at the appropriate time.

Melanie lolled her head against the back of the chair, so she was now looking at Jo and said, "Don't ever let this one go, Jo. Her fingers are magic."

Margaret blushed and said "Thank you Melanie. I'm glad that you like it." Neither Melanie nor Margaret said much for a while and Katie and Jo went on about next year's soccer season and wondering about new coaches. Melanie did come out of her reverie for a bit at that, but she had been told she could not say anything, and she had no idea what had happened with Coach Hochbauer's interview. Eventually Margaret finished with the last nail and once again brought Melanie's foot to her mouth and blew on the toes. And once again, Melanie's body shuddered at the sensation. Melanie looked at Margaret and asked "Would you like me to do yours?"

"Maybe next time. Right now, it's about time for Jo and me to go."

Jo asked "Do you two want to come with?"

Melanie said "No thanks Jo. As tempting as that offer is I still have a little work to do and then I think we will go to bed."

"That was the general idea but suit yourself."

"Yeah, thanks Jo, but I will turn in once Melanie finally calls it a night. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night, Melanie. Good night, Katie" said Margaret as she got up and walked out with Jo.

After Jo and Margaret left and had time to walk down the hall, Melanie said "I don't think Jo realized that Margaret wanted her to go back to their room for something other than sleep."

"Do you think so?"

"Definitely. Didn't you see how erotic that whole foot massage thing was. I know I was incredibly turned on and I think Margaret was as well."

"I did see that. It did look hot."

"Are you jealous?"

"Actually, no. But I am sure I will have to try to do that for you the next time you want to change your toenail polish. Because I could see how turned on you were getting by that."

"Well, just so you know. I lied when I told Jo I was going to study tonight."

"So, are we going to bed right away? I'm not really that tired yet."

"Oh, we're going to bed right away, but no one said anything about going to sleep."

"But what are...ooooohhhhhh. Yeah. I like the sound of that."

Melanie began to disrobe, while she maintained her stare right at Katie. Katie also got undressed and then sat on the side of the bed closest to Melanie. Melanie came up to her and they wrapped their arms around each other. Melanie's small breasts were right in Katie's face, and she took full advantage of that fact. Katie licked Melanie's nipples with her tongue and took each one into her mouth in turn. Katie also took one of her arms and lowered it, so she was rubbing Melanie's butt cheeks while still keeping one arm around Melanie's back, holding her close.

Melanie stood right where she was. With how tight Katie was holding her it was not totally voluntary, but she had no desire to be anywhere else at that moment. She was right where she wanted to be and she was with exactly whom she wanted to be. At one point Katie squeezed one of her butt cheeks and Melanie gave a little moan, just like the one she had made when Margaret was massaging her foot.

Katie heard it and she knew this was what it was all about. They both loved Jo and Margaret and they loved being intimate with them. But they shared something between the just the two of them that was on a different plane. Sex and love are more parallel than intertwined. And sometimes they may turn and intersect. But you can have sex and it can be fun and you don't have to love someone like the way Katie loved Melanie. She knew some people didn't believe that. But it doesn't mean they're wrong. It's a personal thing. And for Katie and Melanie it was a joint thing. If they were both okay with a situation, it was okay. If either of them was not, then it was not okay for both of them.

Katie looked up at Melanie's face. Melanie's eyes had been closed and she had just been playing with Katie's hair as Katie was suckling her breasts. When Melanie felt that Katie had stopped, she looked down and smiled at the love of her life. As Melanie looked down, Katie said "You're amazing Melanie."

"I know."

"See that's why we are so good together; we agree on the important stuff."

And with that they climbed into bed and enjoyed a physical and emotional night of bliss and eventually fell asleep in each other arms.

***************

There was so much to do over the last two weeks of the semester that Katie and Melanie had very little time for each other and none for their friends. They had to finish up their classes for the semester. When finals were over, they would have a full week before graduation, but they had to be moved out of the dorm by the end of that week. They had already arranged to take over the lease from one of the seniors leaving the team. The apartment was only a one bedroom, but that's all they needed. It was also unfurnished. Since their plan had them going somewhere in two years when Melanie was done with her Grad school courses, they didn't want to buy furnishing that they would have to move at that time. Instead, they asked around and bought furniture from here and there from other people who were leaving and didn't want to move their furniture.

The week after finals brought two very important pieces of news. First, Margaret had convinced her parents that the only way she could get top marks with such a difficult major as electrical engineering would be to take fewer classes during the semester. That would mean either graduating in 5 years or taking some summer classes. She sold them on the idea of summer classes and so Margaret would be around for the summer as well. Margaret insisted that Jo's eyes welled up when she told her, but Jo denied this to Melanie and Katie. The other news was that Melanie, who needed a 3.5 GPA for the semester had actually achieved a 4.0. She'd be graduating cum laude.

Melanie's mother, Jen Smith, came out for the graduation ceremony. Jen's live-in girlfriend, Susan could not attend but Melanie had felt relief at the news and her presence was not missed. There was a smaller ceremony just for her major. Katie and Jen sat together and cheered her as she entered the hall. Melanie had divided the top of her mortarboard into four sections. One looked like her tattoo with the soccer ball and the Number 20 inside (she hadn't told her mother about the tattoo yet); the second one had three little soccer balls and a megaphone; the third was two stick figures of an adult holding the hand of a small child and underneath were the words "Thanks mom."; and the fourth were numbers that appeared to be a date in the past (Jen was crying and when Katie ask if she was okay, Jen told her that the numbers were the date Melanie's Father had been killed in the car crash). She also her green cum laude cord.

There was also the ceremony for the whole school outside. There was a keynote speech by some famous academic. Melanie always assumed it was very interesting, but she did not pay attention as a few beach balls were being knocked around the crowd. They went out to dinner and then went back to their dorm room to clean it out for the last time. There was a bit of nostalgia for them. They talked about moving in and how Katie's Dad, Paul, had been there that day. And how proud he had been of Katie, and of Melanie. He had died in a plane crash less than a year after their first day in that room.

They dropped the rest of their stuff off at the new house so at least Jen got to see it. The Seniors who had been living there were still celebrating graduation and Katie and Melanie did not need the house just yet anyway. That was because of the last part of their crazy schedule.