Soccer Women Ch. 06

Story Info
Carol and Jen begin "dating."
7k words
4.77
4.9k
19
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 21 part series

Updated 08/07/2023
Created 10/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Carol woke up that morning, she had an instantaneous moment of confusion as to her surroundings. But as her mind focused, she realized she was in Jen's bedroom. Jen was not there, but she could hear the shower running in the bathroom. "I am going to have to get used to this 'early to rise' Jen." she thought.

Carol heard the water shut off and decided maybe she could get them some coffee. She was looking around the cupboards with no initial luck when Jen appeared with a towel around her head and a short robe covering her, partially. Carol had a clear view of Jen's legs. Also, the belt which sinched the robe still left a decent view of her cleavage. It was a welcome sight for Carol.

"Were you looking for something in particular?" Jen asked.

"I was looking to see if I could make us some coffee."

"If I get the stuff out, would you make it? I also have some English muffins you can put in the toaster. Not much but it's a start for the day. Then while you're doing that I can finish getting ready for work."

Carol agreed and Jen moved around and got out the coffee pot, some instant coffee, the toaster, and the English muffins. Jen went back to her bedroom to get dressed and Carol went about preparing their little breakfast.

Jen came back into the kitchen and Carol unabashedly gawked at her. "How does anyone get any work done at that school with you looking like that."

Jen smiled. She knew Carol was being overly generous with her complement, but it was nice to hear all the same. "I sit at a desk most of the day so people don't get to see me in all my glory." They both laughed.

Carol began putting things on the table for them. They had butter and jelly depending on what Jen wanted for her English muffin. Milk and sweetener were out for the coffee. They got their food and drink ready and began eating. At some point, Carol looked across the table and said, "Jen, the girls will be asking both of us what's going on with us. What do you feel comfortable telling them?"

"Well, I think at least we'll have to tell them that we're a bit more than friends based on what we know they already know."

"You mean friends with benefits?"

Jen recognized that touch of alarm in Carol's voice. Carol clearly had wanted more and so did Jen. But Jen was more sure of what Carol wanted than Carol was about Jen's wishes. Jen wanted to put her at ease. "I was hoping for a bit more than that."

"Oh, thank God."

Jen had picked up her coffee, but she had not started to drink it and that was a good thing. She put the cup down and started to laugh at Carol's reaction.

For her part, Carol turned beet red. She hadn't really wanted to say that out loud but it had left her mouth before she could think to stop it.

Carol kept her head down as she said "Sorry, that was meant to be internal monologue."

"It's okay Carol. And I am not laughing at you. At least not what you said or why. Maybe a little bit about how you said it. When Carol looked up at her and made eye contact, Jen continued, "If you're willing, I would like to say we try not to say anything and if they force us, we say we have started dating. Is that too far?"

"No. That's fine." Carol said a tad quickly. This time Jen did not laugh but she noticed how quickly the response had come.

Katie's graduation was now two months away and the wedding was only three months away. They'd have more time after those events. Besides, they had both agreed that they would enjoy the journey. But although left unsaid, there was an implicit destination for that journey. Dating seemed like a fair characterization. The rest would depend on how the journey went going forward.

Carol and Jen cleaned up their dishes. Then Jen had to go to work and Carol had to go home. They made plans that Jen would come to Carol's home that next weekend. She would come down Saturday morning, they'd go shopping and maybe a dinner and a movie. Then spend Saturday night over at Carol's and Jen would go home Sunday. They shared a brief kiss and were on their separate ways.

Carol had been driving for less than ten minutes when she got a call on her phone.

"You have a call from...Jessica. Would you like to accept the call?"

"Yes." As soon as the connection was made Carol started right in. "You are incorrigible. What did you do, set an alarm to wake yourself up so you could call this early?"

"Actually, that is exactly what I did."

"And why did you think we were going to be eating dinner that late?"

"What?"

"You sent an eggplant emoji last night. Did you think we were going out for Italian food or something?"

Jessica laughed and said, "Oh Carol. Sometimes I forget you are a little bit older than you are. It's actually a sexual reference. It wasn't Italian food I thought you would be eating last night."

"Oh. You're terrible young lady." Carol blushed. "What if Jen knew what that meant?"

"Maybe she did. How did things go after the Grand Canyon and on the ride back?"

Carol smiled to herself "Think I'm older do you. I can play this game. Then she said aloud, "We eggplanted."

Jessica broke out in full throated laughter. Carol blushed even more and said "What?"

"Carol. I love that you tried. But that's just not how emojis work. But if you're telling me that you and Jen hooked up, that's awesome news."

Carol spent the rest of her hour plus drive home talking to Jessica about everything that happened with Jen. Now she finally had arrived home but she remained in the car to finish the call.

It had been very apparent throughout the call just how excited Carol was about where her relationship with Jen might be going. Jessica was tempted to suggest a little bit of caution but decided against it. Carol seemed so hopeful and things sounded very good. Bringing up a possible bad outcome might create a doubt that didn't need to be there. She had done her best to get this ball rolling, so it seemed the best plan was to let it keep rolling and see where it went.

"I will see you in a few months at the wedding. But do me a favor. As it seems your dance card is going to be all filled up, would you make sure I'm sitting next to Megan at the reception. Unless of course she is bringing a plus one"

"How do you know she's not my plus one? No, but seriously I will make sure you two sit together. It's the least I can do for the both of you. In fact, I guess I have to call her later on as well. We'll talk before you come in for the wedding. And Jessica, thank you for calling and thank you for caring."

"It's my honor and my pleasure to be your friend Carol. And I just want so much for you to be happy. And as your friend let me say that I honestly believe that with Jen, you will be. You're content with your life now, but you deserve more and I think you'll be able to have it soon enough."

"Thanks hon. Take care. Bye."

Carol's next call was to Megan Sims. They had been friends with benefits for several years now. With Megan, Carol had felt safe to explore more of her sexuality. Her experiences with strap on dildo fucking and being restrained had all been with Megan. Not that they did these things all the time, but when Carol did them, she did them with Megan. "Would Jen want to do these things?" Carol hoped so. But for some reason she didn't feel like she could bring it up to Jen just yet. "Maybe later if we get more settled with each other."

Carol went into her home. She showered and emptied her suitcase and put in a load of laundry. Then she sat down and called Megan.

"Hello."

"Megan, hi. It's Carol."

"Oh Carol, hi. You're back safe and sound. How was Vegas? Did you have a great time?"

"Oh, you know. We did some dancing, played some games, had some fun, but nothing too wild or crazy. It was a good time."

"That's it?!?"

"That's all I'm at liberty to say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

"Well, I'll let it stay there for now. I'll get the rest out of you after our next dinner. If you don't give me more details, I'll get out the paddle."

"Actually Megan, I was wondering if maybe we could go out to dinner maybe tomorrow night? I mean out to a restaurant not just at one of our houses?"

"Oh no! You're breaking up with me!"

"Megan, what are you saying?"

"You're taking me to a public place so I won't make a scene and you're breaking up with me."

"Megan...I...no. It's not that...not really. But..."

"Carol, please. I'm joking with you. God, it is so easy to bust your chops. Jessica already called me and gave me the good news."

"I just got off the phone with her!?!"

"It was almost an hour ago. I had called her while you two were talking. She texted me back that she was talking to you and she'd call me as soon as you two were done."

"So, you think my news is good?"

"I think your news is great news. I am so happy for you."

"Jen and I weren't specific about certain things, but I really am going to want to concentrate on my relationship with her for a while. I'm afraid that there won't be any paddles or anything else like that between us any time soon, if at all."

"Carol this is not entirely unexpected. Last time you were here we talked about what it might mean if things could get going again with you and Jen. I told you if it did, I would be very happy. And since it looks like maybe it is happening, I am very happy. Now, are we still on for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yes. Pick a nice fancy restaurant and it will be my treat."

"Well, that's the least you can do since you're breaking up with me."

"Megan!"

***************

Amy Savage poked her head into Jen Smith's office and noticed just how happy she looked. Amy had known Jen back East and in fact it had been Amy who had coaxed Jen to come out and take over the Paralegal program at the Community College where Amy was now the Associate Dean.

When Jen had first moved out here, she had seemed to get acclimated very quickly and was very happy. At the end of the first year, she had seemed to be having some issues. Then she began dating and eventually began living with a former student. Since it was a former student there were no issues with it. The new relationship had been a good thing for her at first, but it had waned and eventually fell apart. Jen had been coming around since then, but she was positively chipper since coming back from the trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

Amy knocked on the door.

"Oh, hi Amy. Come on in."

"Just stopping by to make sure you didn't need anything ahead of graduation. I know your daughter's wedding is coming up and if you need a hand, I am happy to help."

"No, it's fine. The girls have done most of that themselves. It's an online world and they can do most of what they need to do from two thousand miles away."

"Did you have a good time in Vegas?"

"Well, we did some dancing, played some games had some fun, but nothing too wild or crazy. It was a good time."

"So, who did you go with to the Grand Canyon?"

"Carol Rogers. She's the mother of the young woman Melanie is marrying?"

"You just seem extra happy all of a sudden."

"I'm sure it the wedding getting close."

"Alright, well, let me know if you need anything else."

"I will. Thanks Amy."

Later that evening Carol got a call from Katie and Jen got a call from Melanie. Both girls were able to tell their mothers about Jo and Margaret. It did seem as if love was in the air. Both girls asked their mothers if they were still having sex.

Jen told Melanie "We're trying to figure things out and not getting too far ahead of ourselves. Please don't get ahead of us either."

Carol just told Katie "It's none of your business."

When they were comparing notes, Melanie pointed out that neither statement was a denial.

On Friday afternoon, Carol got a phone call from Jen. "I was wondering if it would be alright if I came down there tonight instead of tomorrow morning."

"Of course, that would be excellent. What time do you think you can make it here?

"I can be there by 6:30. I already packed and I have my bag with me. I was pretty sure I was going to ask. And even if it would have been inconvenient for me to come tonight, I would be already packed for an early start tomorrow morning."

"No, that's perfect. Come on down. What do you want to do for dinner?"

"Why don't you call Rosa's at around 6:00 and order us a pizza. You can text me the number and I can pick it up on my way in."

"Okay, that sounds great. I will see you around 6:30 tonight then. Drive safe."

Jen got to the local pizza joint in the town where Carol lived and went in to get the pizza. Carol had texted her the number and she read it as she entered the store. The clerk gave her the order and she headed to Carol's house.

When Jen pulled into the driveway Carol came rushing out to help her bring in her bag and the food. As Jen got out of the car, Carol gave her a hug. Then Jen grabbed her overnight bag and Carol took the pizza box. It was a little chill outside and so they decided to wait until they got inside before saying much more. Carol was dressed in a white cotton t-shirt and a pair of shorts. The weather was a bit chilly for that as she had come from inside, but that may have factored into Carol's decision. Her nipples were a little hard and their state was very apparent under the t-shirt. Jen noticed although she did not say anything right away.

When Carol had set the pizza box down, she turned to Jen and complemented her on her attire. Jen was dressed in her work clothes with a not too short, but not too long skirt, white blouse under a jacket and heels.

Jen accepted the compliment but said, "I would like to go change. Where should I put this?" she said raising the overnight bag in her hand.

"I figured you would have it in my room." Carol mostly said, although there was a hint of question in her voice as she was surprised this was even a question.

"No, that's good. I just didn't want to presume. What do we have to drink?" Jen wanted to quickly change the subject.

"I have some Chardonnay, if that will be alright?"

"That will be great. I am not going anywhere tonight and with work the last few days, I just hope you have a second bottle."

"I've got some other stuff if we need it. For now, go up and get changed, and we can sit and talk while we eat."

When Jen came down, Carol had mixed feelings about what she was wearing. Jen had a long t-shirt and shorts. She also had athletic socks that came up almost to her knee cap. Her long blond hair was in a high ponytail. She looked gorgeous but she always looked gorgeous. There was not a lot of skin showing. Still, this was the very early stages of their journey. Jen was here, in her house. Her suitcase was up in Carol's bedroom right now. Jen had even asked to come early. And she was going to be staying two nights now instead of one. That could only add up to a win. Besides, it could be even more fun getting to take the extra clothes off her.

Carol and Jen sat down and ate their pizza and drank the wine. Jen talked about some of the crazy things that happened at work and Carol mostly talked about her daughters and her grandkids. They were catching up with each other just like friends who had not seen each other for a while.

They kicked the bottle of wine and while Carol did not have another one, she did have some wine coolers. They opened two of those and toasted their daughters and clinked the bottles. When those were done, they were feeling pretty good and decided that any more would be too much.

They went out to the living room and sat on the couch to watch some romantic comedy that was on the television. Carol sat at the end of the couch with her legs spread out a bit so Jen could sit between them and leaned up against Carol. Jen's head was on Carol's shoulder with her body pressed against Carol's. Once they got set, Carol pulled a blanket over top of them and they settled in to watch the movie.

Somewhere around the third commercial break, Carol said, "This is really nice Jen. Thanks for coming."

"Yes, it's very nice Carol. Thanks for letting me come early."

Carol reached under the blanket and found Jen's hand. She clasped it in her own. Jen then snuggled in tighter to Carol and took the hand holding her own and pulled it around her so Carol's arm had to follow. Carol took the hint and embraced Jen, pulling her even closer into her own body. Carol then turned her head a little and planted a kiss on top of Jen's head. Jen let out a contented sigh.

Carol lay there deep in thought. The movie was following the formula for the genre and so the outcome was already known. But the actors in the movie didn't seem to know it yet. Carol's mind now drifted to the lovely blond-haired person in her arms. And the word that kept coming into her head was "comfortable." It was just so comfortable to have Jen there in her arms. It could have been the test pattern on the screen and she wouldn't have really cared. So long as Jen was right where she was right now. Yes, the right word was comfortable. They both were so comfortable, that the mildly entertaining movie and the aftereffects of the wine and wine coolers and the warmth under the blanket soon had both women fast asleep.

Jen's leg shot straight out, rousing her from her slumber. She immediately felt cold and realized the blanket had fallen off her and Carol. When Jen's leg had moved it had caused her whole body to move and that in turn also woke up Carol. Carol was not directly feeling the effects of the blanket having fallen off since she had Jen's warmth up against her.

"We should go up to the bedroom." said Carol. Jen nodded her head and they both got up off the couch and stretched a bit. Falling asleep sitting up on the couch had left them both a bit stiff.

Jen picked up the blanket and started to fold it. In her half-asleep state Carol did have the presence of mind to suggest, "Before we go up, we should probably drink some water. The hydration will do us both some good. I guess we drank a bit more than I realized if we dozed off like that. We'll feel better in the morning if we have some water now."

Also, still very groggy from waking up as she did, Jen nodded her approval. They both walked into the kitchen. Carol got out a pitcher of filtered water and some glasses. As they drank the water Jen said, "I think the water was a good idea, but I don't think it was the alcohol that caused me to fall asleep. I just felt so, I don't know what's the right word...comfortable? It just felt so comfortable having you hold me. And I was just so warm and cozy and I just nodded off. Does that sound silly?"

"No Jen. That doesn't sound silly at all." Carol reached out and took the glass from Jen and put them both in the dishwasher. Then she led the way up the stairs and down the hall to the master bedroom. They pulled down the comforter and got into the bed and under the blankets. As they laid down, Jen said "Hey, wait a minute. I didn't get my kiss good night."

"What?"

"Well, this was our first date and so I should get a good night kiss."

"Jen, we've gone well past a first date kiss."

"Yeah, but we were not officially dating before now. So this is our first official 'date.' What? Don't you want to kiss me?"

"Of course, I do. And I don't need a special reason to want to do it."

"I don't need a special reason either. But since we have a special reason, may I please have a kiss to end our date."

"Do we have to get back up out of the bed?"

"No. Right here is fine."

Carol looked in Jen's eyes and said, "Jen. Thank you. I had a lovely evening with you tonight. And if it's okay with you, I would love it if we could do this again some time."

12