Solace & Rosanna Ch. 15

Story Info
Solace & Rosanna celebrate the holidays--& their love.
3.8k words
5
7.9k
1
0

Part 15 of the 23 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 09/18/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

1999: Rosanna was certain that she had thought of the perfect gift for Solace. The only challenge would be finding such a specialized item. She had accompanied Solace to a meeting of an advocacy group for the blind and had seen the device. She had been so preoccupied gawking at it that she hadn't thought to get the information on where it was manufactured. Thankfully, she had overheard the owner discussing the merits and at least she knew the name.

Now, one month before Christmas, Rosanna searched the Internet, located the item, but it was in California and she feared that it might not reach New York City in time for the holidays. But what was she thinking? She had a month and surely it would arrive long before the appointed time. She placed the order online and grinned to herself, pleased at her accomplishment. She was a decisive woman when it came to shopping. She loathed waiting until the last minute to do anything—especially buying gifts for the special people in her life.

Rosanna felt that if you cared for someone, you bought their gifts early. Colleagues could wait. It was imperative that Solace be able to open the present on Christmas evening as they planned to be with their respective families during the day. Secretly, Rosanna hoped she would be pleased and show her gratitude in a special way. They had done little more than heavy petting, which left Rosanna longing for more intimate contact. She hungered for Solace in a way she did not believe possible. She became slightly flushed as she thought of the erotic turn their relationship could take. Rosanna made a feeble attempt to bring herself back to a semblance of professional decorum. She was not having much success. She resisted the urge to e-mail Solace as she had already sent many messages that day to which Solace had replied on her break.

Rosanna sat in her custom-made leather chair, given to her by her mother. She stared blankly at her computer monitor, toying with the mouse. She ignored the stack of invoices, phone calls and e-mails that awaited her. She was in no mood to deal with the business of Getting Started With, her beloved computer training company. Had her employees been able to sneak a peak at their boss, they would have been shocked to see her loafing off. She was single-minded about the success and growth of GSW. She did not ask for dedication from her team without asking it of herself. Rosanna attributed her mood to her holiday spirit. She could barely put into words what Solace had become to her.

She was in deep thought and was unaware that she had begun humming a piece the ensemble was rehearsing for their holiday extravaganza. The music had been commissioned especially for the Upper Manhattan Women's Ensemble; and was an ethereally beautiful winter's solstice chorale. Solstice reminded her of Solace. Rosanna found that so many activities reminded her of Solace. Deciding that leaving early would not set a good example, even though she could say she had an important meeting, she settled on reveling in a recent memory, which provided her a huge chuckle. Rosanna rose, crossed her office, hung the "Gone Fishin'" sign on the outer doorknob. This was the signal that she should not be disturbed and the person who did better be interrupting to tell her that the building was on fire or some other such emergency. She removed her blazer and hung it on a hanger in her closet. She then stretched out on her couch and closed her eyes. Rosanna's thoughts drifted back a week when she and Solace had taken their first, and possibly last, trek to the Rockefeller Center skating rink. She laughed aloud.

The day was cold, crisp and blindingly sunny. Rosanna and Solace had just returned from the My Kind of Music CD boutique. They had each purchased a copy of a new artist who specialized in Mozart piano sonatas. The plan was that they would make some popcorn and curl up in front of the CD player in Solace's apartment where it was warm and snuggle friendly. The conversation had turned away from Mozart and onto winter activities that they found exhilarating. Solace had admitted a passion for sledding in Central Park and Rosanna tried to keep the shock out of her voice when she asked if that was something she did alone or with a friend. Solace assured her that she and Jessie always went together. Rosanna let out a silent breath. She knew that Solace was a capable woman, but she still felt an twinge of concern when Solace divulged one of her more risky undertakings. She told Solace that she loved to go ice skating whenever she could. She was standing by the window and while they discussed the prospect of Solace's participation, she looked out and pronounced that it was an excellent day for the sport.

"Come on, Sol," Rosanna pleaded. "It'll be fun." Rosanna turned and looked at Solace, who was standing, arms crossed, shaking her head back and forth.

"You just wanna see me fall on my ass," Solace smirked.

"Although your ass is really cute, my imagination does not run to that particular use of such a fine body part," Rosanna countered.

"You're hopeless, Sanna. What do you think my cane is, a makeshift ski-pole? Blind people weren't meant to ice skate. Swimming, biking, hiking, skiing maybe, but not traveling out of control on frozen water," she finished.

"Don't be ridiculous, Sol. I'll be holding on to you all the time. I'm a great skater. Trust me." Rosanna crossed to Solace and unfolded Solace's arms.

"Oh? And what medals do you have attesting to your prowess in this sport, Ms. Romero?" Solace asked, waiting for Rosanna's reply.

"I don't have any, but—" Rosanna began.

"Exactly!" Solace boomed, dropping her arms to her side. "I need the skill of Michelle Kwan out there holding on to me with an iron grip, not one of the nuts piling out of those clown cars, stumbling all over the ice." Solace looked at Rosanna and they both laughed--Solace at her own wit and Rosanna envisioning the hilarious scene.

"I'm stung, Sol. Do you think I would allow anything to happen to you?" Rosanna pouted, her lips extended in an exaggerated fashion so that even Solace could not miss the gesture. Solace grabbed Rosanna's puckered lips and twisted gently.

"You are a clown, Sanna," she said, replacing her fingers with her own lips. Rosanna enfolded her in an embrace, deepening the kiss. Realizing where Rosanna wanted to go, Solace pushed lightly on her chest. Perhaps skating was a good idea after all. Rosanna groaned softly, her breathing ragged.

"Okay, Sanna. Let's go. But you better keep your promise," Solace said as she disengaged herself from Rosanna, her own breathing shallow. "I'm only doing this for you. Well, maybe a little for me, too." Solace smiled.

"Great, Sol. You'll love it! You'll get such a rush. You can wear something with padding," Rosanna said, smoothly dodging the blow aimed at her arm.

"I'm only doing this because I trust you, Rosanna Romero. I had better come home in one piece, Missy." Solace turned away from Rosanna and headed for her bedroom. She intended to take Rosanna up on her suggestion of wearing padding and decided to put on a second pair of wool pants. She did not care how bulky she looked. Thank God the temperature was only in the low twenties.

They left Solace's apartment and took the bus down to Rockefeller Plaza. They rented skates and made their way to the changing area.

There was a sizeable crowd as the famous Rockefeller Christmas Tree was up, in all its lighted splendor, standing eighty-five feet off the ground. Rosanna and Solace stopped to admire the awesome sight before taking to the crowded rink.

Experienced skaters whizzed round and round, darting in and out of slower, more cautious individuals and couples. Before they entered the rink proper, Rosanna turned to Solace.

"Now, Sol," Rosanna began in a serious tone, "Don't let go of me for anything, okay?" Solace, who was having difficulty just standing in the skating shoes could not believe that Rosanna would think for one minute that she would be such a fool.

"Sanna, do you think I have lost all of my faculties? They are going to have to throw cold water on us to separate us." For emphasis, Solace took Rosanna's arm in hers and plastered her side against the woman.

As they walked gingerly onto the ice, Solace said, "Now, don't go too fast okay, Sanna?"

"I won't, Sol. Don't worry." Rosanna answered, trying to instill confidence into Solace. She could actually feel Solace trembling slightly. "Just pretend you're walking. Slowly."

They made their first lap around the rink like a little elderly couple out for a Sunday stroll.

Much to Solace's surprise, she found herself thrilling to the smooth glide which they had established and loosened her death grip on Rosanna, who immediately firmed up her own grip. They had gone around several times and with each revolution, Solace found that she felt more comfortable and confident. She told Rosanna that she thought she might be getting her "ice legs". She bravely proclaimed to Rosanna that she thought she might be able to just hold Rosanna's hand, and maybe their skating would go a little smoother. At first, Rosanna had responded with a firm no, but Solace persisted. With resignation and trepidation, Rosanna gave into Solace's pleas.

"It'll be much better. I think I have the hang of this," Solace assured her.

"It's the "I think" part that I'm worried about," replied Rosanna as she took Solace's hand firmly in her own. They began gliding again and, to both their delight, were doing quite well and had established a smooth rhythm. The frigid air stung their cheeks and urged them onward. Rosanna looked up briefly to see the crowds lining the rail staring down at the skaters. It was at that moment that she felt a solid bump. Solace's hand slid from hers and Rosanna watched in horror as Solace went, arms flailing away, her body swooping and bending. Rosanna skated after her. In the brief time that it took for Rosanna and Solace to become disengaged from each other, what seemed like hordes of skaters moved in front of Rosanna, practically obscuring her view. It seemed that no one was aware that a novice skater was on the rink in distress—let alone that she was blind. Rosanna weaved in and out of the skaters, knocking some out of her way.

Solace felt the shove from behind and in the next instant she was hurtling around the rink on a solo skate. She was grateful for her dance training, which had strengthened her ankles. She was also thankful for the padding in case she fell on her butt. She tried to slow herself down, but she was being buffeted along by a fast-paced bunch of daredevils. She let out a shriek. She would get that Rosanna.

"Sanna!" she screeched. "Help!" Solace was being jostled left and right and was on her way to making her third rotation when she spotted what looked like the opening to the rink and decided to head for it. With arms pin wheeling and legs scissoring she aimed herself at the opening. She landed with a bang and a whoosh on a table, toppling over the place settings and glasses. She struggled off the table's surface and sat in a nearby chair, breathing heavily. She grabbed a napkin and wiped the perspiration from her face. She looked up and saw Rosanna rushing toward her. They both could hear peals of laughter coming from the crowds above and below. Both women turned crimson.

"Sol, I—" Rosanna began, but Solace interrupted.

"I think I have had enough skating for one day, thank you, Sanna." Rosanna took Solace by the arm and eased her up. She heard Solace wince in pain as she stood and she flinched in sympathy.

They returned their skates to the rental office and made their way home. Solace forced Rosanna to walk at a snail's pace; she clamed to have a sharp pain in her ankle. Rosanna suggested that Solace see a specialist to be sure that it was not sprained. To this, Solace merely nodded in a non-committal way.

When they arrived at Solace's apartment, Solace slumped against Rosanna in apparent fatigue. Rosanna picked her up and carried her across the threshold. Solace then proceeded to request everything under the sun. She asked for her favorite drink—a rum and ginger ale (Rosanna had to run to the corner for the ginger ale), a pillow for her back (which was already ensconced on a cushion), her favorite CD (Rosanna put on the Mozart sonatas), a foot massage (which Solace stopped once she realized that Rosanna was making wider circles up her thigh), and a sandwich. It seemed to Rosanna that she had barely fulfilled one request when Solace asked for the next.

Finally, Solace asked to be carried into her bedroom. She knew this might be pushing it, but Rosanna complied sweetly. Rosanna placed Solace gently on the coverlet and turned towards Solace's drawers to get a nightgown. Solace took the opportunity to reach behind her and snatch a huge pillow. She crept off the bed, moved to Rosanna and pummeled her with it. Rosanna let out a shriek of surprise, she turned whereupon she was hit over the head. They both began laughing hysterically. Solace dropped the pillow and fell back on the bed where Rosanna joined her, still giggling.

"No more skating." Solace pronounced.

"Come on, Sol. You were just getting good at it," Rosanna countered.

"Well…" Solace said in a softening tone. "I did have a great time until I felt someone push me. But I could have killed myself," she said indignantly. "And where were you, Sir Galahad?"

Rosanna could not argue with her, so she reached out, placed her hand on Solace's hip and pulled her towards her. "I can make you feel better," she said suggestively and before Solace could protest, she placed her lips on hers and kissed her softly, reveling in the feel of Solace's deliciously soft and inviting mouth.

Her resistance weakening, Solace gave into Rosanna's insistent tongue and melted. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the pursuit of more intimate matters.

Rosanna came out of her reverie with a start as she heard the insistent buzzing of her telephone. She reluctantly left the couch, saw that it was an outside line and picked it up. It was her friend, Sam asking her if she wanted to have dinner. She told him that would be great. They made plans to meet at their favorite haunt—a restaurant in the Village.

Rosanna turned to the pile of work she had neglected and methodically went through each message. She had enjoyed her brief reminiscence but it was time to get back to work—and she only had an hour to go before she could decently leave.

Solace gazed lovingly at her gift for Rosanna. She was so excited, she could hardly wait for her to open it. She owed Jessie major for this one and would probably spend the rest of her life trying to repay her kindness. But it had been worth everything . The fact that she had completed the project before Christmas made Solace dance around the room with glee. Granted, there were only two days until her favorite holiday, but that was even greater cause for celebration. She had thanked Jessie until her friend had threatened to tape her mouth closed.

Solace had also made a decision, one which she hoped she would not regret. For six months, she and Rosanna had shared intimacies that had taken her to the very brink. Solace would end Rosanna's advances before she took her to the place where Solace could not be stopped. It had been extremely frustrating for both women. Solace had been afraid to give herself completely as she feared Rosanna would love her and leave her. She was in a constant war with her body's natural urges. Rosanna had proven in the two years that they had been together that she truly cared for Solace. She had demonstrated in enumerable ways that she found Solace sexy and desirable. She realized that she was tired of fighting Rosanna's efforts. She wanted and needed her, and she thought it was now the time for them to seal their love. Love? Rosanna had never said that she loved Solace, but Solace felt she knew that she did.

Rosanna appeared in Solace's doorway on Christmas evening bearing a long box and a smaller one, which she placed under Solace's small Christmas tree; Solace called it her Charlie Brown tree. Rosanna noticed that Solace wore a dress of deep red which showed off her lovely cleavage and enhanced the brilliant auburn of her hair. She also noticed that Solace wore a new fragrance, which caused Rosanna's senses to hum with excitement. She was loathe to release her from their embrace of greeting. Rosanna herself wore a red cashmere sweater with black slacks and had dabbed on her signature scent.

"Mmm. You always smell so good, Sanna," Solace moaned as she breathed.

"You, too, Sol. Is that a new fragrance?" Rosanna asked.

"Yes. It's a present from Mira and I love it. It's light and dissipates in a reasonable amount of time. Now," she said suddenly. "Open your present."

Solace turned Rosanna towards the tree and pointed to a small box. Rosanna leaned over and picked it up. She also retrieved her own small box.

"Let's open them together," she said, handing the box to Solace who snatched it like a little kid and ripped off the ribbon. Once open, she stared down at the delicate necklace with the diamond on the end.

"Is this what I think it is?" she asked in astonishment.

"Well, that depends on what you think it is," said Rosanna teasingly.

"I think it's a diamond, but I've never gotten one, so I'm not sure," said Solace, her voice a whisper.

"Well, then this is your first." Replied Rosanna, smiling broadly.

Solace flung her arms around Rosanna and kissed her on her eyes, her cheeks and finally her lips. "Thank you so much, Sanna. It's beautiful. I can't wait to wear it. Now open yours."

Rosanna tore off the ribbon and paper and the cover of the box. Inside, she saw Solace's face on a CD entitle "The Rose Collection: Songs of Love for Us. She stared in disbelief.

Solace chimed in, "I wrote some poems and Jessie set them to music. We booked some studio time and recorded them. I hope you like them," Solace said, finishing in a shy, small voice.

"Oh my god, Solace. This is beyond anything I've ever received. That was so incredibly thoughtful of you. I—" Rosanna stopped abruptly and pulled Solace to her for a kiss. Both gifts were squashed between their bodies. "I have one more thing for you, Sol." Rosanna released Solace, placed the CD carefully on a nearby table, and retrieved the large box. Solace took it and looked at her questioningly. Rosanna steered her towards a cushion, sat her down and watched while Solace opened the present. When she pulled out the laser cane, she looked up, tears forming in her eyes.

"Is this what I think it is?" she asked in a choked voice.

"I don't know. Do you know what it is?" Rosanna said again in her maddeningly teasing tone.

"I haven't seen too many, but I think it's a laser cane. How did you find this?" Solace breathed, utter amazement evident on her face.

"Ah, but that would be giving away all my secrets. I have to keep some things to myself." Rosanna sat down next to Solace and ran a finger along the surface of the cane. "There are taped instructions inside."

"I don't know what to say. This must have cost a fortune." Solace said as she, too, investigated the mobility device.

"Shh. No talking about money on Christmas; it's bad luck," Rosanna said in a mock serious tone.

"All right. All I'll do is this." Solace placed the box containing the cane on the floor. She sat up, pulled Rosanna towards her and placed her lips on hers. As the kiss deepened, Rosanna suddenly left Solace's mouth. She drew back as if to get up, but Solace placed a hand on her arm, pulling her gently towards her.

Solace said, "I want you, Sanna." It took a beat for Rosanna to process what Solace had said, but as it dawned on her, she leaned over and again claimed Solace's lips, plunging her questing tongue into Solace's warm and willing mouth. Their hands explored familiar yet unfamiliar areas. Rosanna kissed Solace's neck, eliciting shivers and moans of pleasure. She then found the top of the zipper and slowly lowered it until the elegant dress slipped down her arms, leaving Solace's torso bare. The dress had sown-in cups so that no bra was required. Rosanna stared in reverence at Solace's beautiful full breasts, her fingers and tongue aching to experience their softness. But first, she caressed Solace's firm, yet soft back, moving lower until the dress would not allow her to go further. Rosanna was becoming warm and Solace helped her out of her own sweater. Solace then leaned over and unfastened Rosanna's bra, tossing the garment to the floor. She marveled at Rosanna's smooth, dark skin.

12