Soldier, Spy Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KeithD
KeithD
1,310 Followers

On August 27th, the intelligence he had passed on about British intentions to occupy Long Island was born out when British troops landed on Long Island. He hadn't had opportunity to pass on from his current stay on the Yarmouth that they also were launching an assault on Brooklyn with a siege of Brooklyn Heights, but the colonialists got the message. They desperately sent agents to Staten Island to seek a further report from Timothy, only to be told that he was still aboard the Yarmouth—unless he now was on Long Island (which was the case) with the occupying British troops. Starved for news from the Tories in Manhattan, Hadley was asked to return to Manhattan himself, which he reluctantly agreed to do after receiving assurances his person, house, and business would be protected from the increasingly angry and fearful rebels trying to hold onto Manhattan.

Seeing the writing on the wall in terms of the untenable position in Manhattan, General Washington withdrew his troops from the lower part of the island on the night of 29--30 August, 1776.


KeithD
KeithD
1,310 Followers
12