All Comments on 'Something Lost But Something Gained'

by Rhein1

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't believe that the husband had never ever thought about the possibility of his wife cheating and whether it was a relationship deal breaker for him. Everyone should know clearly what their relationship deal breakers are. You need to have those conversations with yourself about what you will tolerate and what you wont in a relationship. You do not wait until you're in a relationship to figure out what' important to you. When you enter a relationship and it becomes serious you need to have those conversations with your relationship partner as well so each party knows what the expectations are.

The wife didn't actually ask for permission. Instead it was a thinly disguised threat and ultimatum to her husband. Allow it or else!. She was playing mind games here and that fact that she could easily manipulate him into passively agreeing to be an cuck just added to her thrill and sense of power in the relationship.

Meaningful relationships requires investment, and reciprocity can be the gauge of whether or not the investment is worth it. Reciprocity is a mutual exchange of actions, goods, energy, time, emotion, etc. between two people. Reciprocity is similar to a game of tennis or ping pong. There’s a rhythm or a flow of a back and forth exchange. When someone reciprocates our efforts, it can leave us feeling validated in our choices and friendship, energized to keep going in this relationship and give more, and leaves us with this overall sense that we are valued and appreciated. In this story, the relationship between the husband and wife was clearly NOT one of mutual reciprocity. The wife was selfish and entitled and their marriage had clearly become toxic and one sided in her favor at the husband's expense. It took the husband way too long to recognize how toxic and selfish the relationship had transformed into but ultimately he did walk away from it. We need to value ourselves enough to believe we deserve better and that we deserve to be treated the way we treat others and always have the courage to eliminate any non-reciprocal or toxic relationship from our lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why did you bother writing it we knew the end after the first lines

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So many readers bemoan the lack of an ending that by now you’d think authors would recognize the fact & begin to give readers what they desperately want, but no joy.

I’m beginning to hot like Literotica at all.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mediocre story. One time should have been enough to refuse her advances (what if she picked up Aids the first time?) and start the divorce. She sure as hell wouldn't be kissing me after she kissed another man. As for the written part of this story, you need to use paragraphs better and do a better job with punctuation.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I think the thing that dragged this down was the fact that the wife you wrote is the wife everyone writes.

I need to get him out of my system. Oh, I need to have more time to get him out of my system. im still trying but need more time to get him out of my system.

In these stories the wife always keeps moving the goal posts. Authors seem to read what others write and try and make an exact copy and slap their own name on it. As in the "Oh Honey I didnt know we were going out, Ill go get ready"..."Sorry dear, WE are not going out, I am going out."

In the end the set up was too weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Paragraphs are waaaaay too long

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Sorry, but this is just simply not redeemable! Nothing in this story was original, interesting, or even titillating. The writing was mediocre at best, and the plot was transparent from the first three lines. The husband was a damned fool, the wife stereotypical. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Weird. He tacitly consents to her cheating because he's afraid she'll rape him in a divorce. Then he divorces her anyway. Everything between her threat of what will happen in a divorce and the actual serving of the divorce petition is simply mindless filler.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Dialogue writing needs to follow, or at least give tacit acknowledgement, to standard English writing style. The story was good, O. Henry-esque in some ways, but the dialogue, all mashed together, is hard to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A flimsy story with a filmsy ending.

lover1953lover1953about 2 years ago

You need to figure out paragraph structure and dialogue. Run-on sentences make for a very difficult read. Break things up in terms of ideas and thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He was a fool to let her play in the first place because it was inevitable that the only way out would lead to divorce given how she'd worked so hard to corner him into her control.

Pity he didn't take the trouble to find out more about her lover before letting her set things in motion. Then he could have invited Steve's wife round to their place before the first meeting and introduced er to Mel with "This is my wife Mel. She's the one who is planning to be sleeping with your husband this weekend". Let's see how she'd have played that one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He should have never allowed her to fuck the other guy the first time. When she threatened him if he divorced her, he should have said see you in court bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this all to short story and may of done the same as the husband had from beginning to end

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Whenever I read a story where a spouse says, "...then I will make it up to you." I think that you can't love someone and deliberately inflict pain even if you think they will get over it. She would never stop this behavior.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

A paragraph is a wonderful thing. It limits a subject, and tells the reader when it has changed. It breaks up the “wall-o-print.” It is a remedial writing skill.

Study them. Make them your friend. It will improve the readability of your prose 100 fold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Disgustingly cuck and wimpy writer!! Nothing worth the read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is pathetic that the main character has so little self respect that even His second wife had him pussy whipped. It should have been divorce as soon as she admitted to already kissing the other man. That was the start of their physical affair but the emotional affair started before the first kiss.

2 stars because he eventually managed to find a spine and dumped the slut, it would have been higher if you had left skin color out of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You just can't do it! What if he has a disease? What if he is a pervert? What if you fall in love with him? What if you can't stop? There are more serious problems involved than you getting an itch out of you panties! This is our whole marriage here! How do you think I will ever be able to trust you ever again?"

And there is the cuck..hidden behind all those words!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely disgusting writer and he seems to have fleshed an even more disgusting wimpy cuck of an MC!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why reconcile at all? And do you know what a paragraph is?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I stopped reading when the MC allowed himself to be bought off with a BJ. If my wife ever tried to pull a stunt like that on me it would be a cold day in a very hot place before I would allow her to touch me again. Don't whine about it if all it takes is a bout of monkey sex to buy you off and persuade you to roll over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Mc was actually a gay in drag… How else could he allow the slut to fuck someone else. In fact that statement that as she pleasured him he could agree to anything…shows what a pathetic mentality he has. Disgusting piece of work. Zero if possible!

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Short sharp to the point.

You laid it out there, used as few words as you could and made a really good read from it, I'm sure that several other endings would have him take her back but that’s not really likely in real life is it, yes if she’s still calling after the divorce then most men would just have her as a sex toy till she feels just as used as he did, that’s real life as well.

OPrimeOPrime12 months ago

Okay, let us see if we can write the longest paragraphs in the entire world.

AstordatairAstordatair11 months ago

The problem is not the sex. It's the lack of honesty. Well done!

Ocker53Ocker5310 months ago

Who would let therewife go off with another man in the first place? Idiot!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This guy is a fucking Pussy. 3

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

I can understand how a husband who is blindsided might make a horrible decision to allow a one-time cheat, but it will never end well. She will do it again and again.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

WTF…. Just for asking to sleep with another guy divorce the worthless slut. Or better yet tell her how you are going to be having a long weekend affair with your young, hot PA.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago
ha!

first time she asked, she'd be gone!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio5 months ago

Just discovered this story. I haven’t read other comments and perhaps mine will duplicate some of them. This is an unfortunate situation with the usual divorce at the end. We are not advised by the author why the wife would clean him out in a divorce. Was his income much greater? We don’t know the jurisdiction but it sounds like the UK. Are divorce laws there (if it is the UK) so unfavorable to the husband, even if there are no kids, that it would force a man to accept being repeatedly cuckolded? We are also not told what happened to his first marriage. Did wife #1 cheat also? If so, he sure knows how to pick them. And I don’t agree that if you tell your spouse you are going to cheat, it’s no longer cheating. It is simply cheating in the open because your partner has so little respect for wimpy old you that she doesn’t fear any consequences. It’s still constitutes a breach of one’s marital vows. Actually, if you are going to cheat, do it discreetly and secretly rather than throw it in the other partner’s face. That is the height of disrespect. Also, in these circumstances, the woman would be outraged if our hero were to get some on the side as well. She is obviously very selfish, and just thinks of herself, or she would never do what she did. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, the author certainly has some mental issues. I guess it takes that or a very twisted heart to come up with something like this, and you'd have to be pretty bent to want to share something this bad with other people. Please, get yourself some help, counseling may help with the mental issues, but you'll need something more for the ugliness in that heart.

NicealloverNiceallover4 months ago

I thought it a suitable ending for Melanie who took his love for granted. I would have liked to see some more revenge however. I would have loved to hear a remorseful Melanie begin to apologize and realize how disrespectful she had been. You don’t threaten your husband with divorce to get what you want. I hope that she gets screwed financially as well as emotionally. She should lose her job and get no alimony from her husband.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous