Soul Sucker Ch. 31-End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wiped his forehead with the napkin and finished his drink. "What do you want?"

"I know the deal you had with my husband. He was paying you twenty percent for your help with the financial side. Since you tried to fuck me over, that betrayal will cost you five percent."

He looked up at me, his face showing his shock. "You want eighty-five percent?"

I nodded. "You'll still have enough to move somewhere the Feds will never find you and live out your life in luxury. Don't pout, Doug. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, so take the punishment and get the FUCK out of my life. Once we finish our business, you disappear. If we see you again, it won't end well."

"And if I don't?"

I smiled. "That's the best part about being the new wife. I had no idea my husband was involved in ANY of this. I'm sure the FBI and IRS will grant me immunity if I turn over the entire situation to them, including any records I might have. I might even get to keep some as a reward."

"Your cut under the new deal is sixteen point three million dollars, Doug," Lonnie said. "Invested, it will throw off almost a million a year in earnings for you to live on. Add in whatever other assets you have, and you can have a comfortable life on a beach in Thailand or something."

"Or, you can spend the rest of your life in a concrete cell getting ordered to bend over and spread your cheeks," Lana said. "Either way is fine with me."

He didn't have a choice, and he knew it. "I'll take the deal for the fifteen percent."

I smiled. "I knew you would. Lonnie, what is our revised number?"

"We'll round down to ninety-two point five million," he replied. "Set up the transaction, and I'll enter the account number to transfer it to."

"It's going to take a while. I have money in a dozen places right now."

"I've nothing else to do right now," I told him.

I sat back while the two men moved the money around, sipping my drink and catching up with my daughter. When Lonnie had his part done, he walked out with his laptop. He'd keep moving money around, funneling it through the offshore companies we used for my other funds. "That will conclude our business, Doug. Pack up your things and be off my boat within the hour."

He nodded and closed his laptop. He couldn't wait to be gone.

Lana turned to me. "Are you keeping the boat?"

I nodded. "I like it, and it's a great way to move around and hide my activities. It's also big enough to voyage to Europe for the summer."

"The Denver place?"

"I could transfer that to you and Lonnie," I said. "I know how much you need some stability in your lives. If I'm not always changing identities, there's much less for you to do."

I turned to the Captain as we watched Landon's co-conspirator depart thirty minutes later. "We will stay in Kingston until the autopsy is complete, and we can cremate my husband's body. After that, I don't want to see this place again. Too many bad memories now," I told him. "Continue our tour of the Eastern Caribbean as planned. Landon wanted me to see these places, after all."

"Of course, Ma'am. Will your guests be joining us for the voyage?"

"They'll be with me through the end," I replied.

My family joined me in the hot tub on the sun deck as the sun began to set. I wore my black bikini and a black coverup.

I was in mourning, after all.

Using the noise for cover, Lonnie updated me on the surveillance he'd left in John Miller's apartment. "Taking the journal wasn't enough," he told me. "John made a digital copy of it, and he's been studying it diligently. His grandfather has filled in what he remembers of his grandfather. He was the last Demon Hunter of their line."

"He's taking this seriously?"

Lonnie nodded. "He described to his grandfather a vision he received when he touched your hand in the doctor's office. He saw your succubus form in that instant."

I thought back to Indianapolis. "He touched me as Jordyn and didn't have that vision."

"His grandfather believes the first contact woke up the gift of sight. What he saw in Denver matches what his great-great-grandfather saw of you in Boston." I shivered as I remembered that time; I barely escaped and didn't return to that area for a century. "He also has the Dagger of the Lord, and the journal describes its use. He could kill you, Mom."

"What should we do about him?"

"I've got him tied up with the legal stuff for now," Lonnie said. "We stay out of New York, and he can't leave. If he's convicted, the problem goes away for years."

"And if not? We plan to keep this identity of mine for years."

"That depends on John Miller. If he stays to himself, we ignore him."

"And if he looks for Mom," Lana asked.

"Then he must die," I replied. "I can't risk a Demon Hunter finding me again."

Chapter 39

John Miller's POV

Manhattan Apartment

Saturday, February 25, 2023

We cleared the furniture to the edges of the living area to give us room to train after breakfast. They helped me roll out the ten-by-ten-foot mat over the existing carpet. I couldn't go to my dojo anymore, so my only workouts were with Mary and Heather on the weekends. They weren't a challenge since they weren't near my level, but it was better than nothing. I was more of a sensei than a partner here. "I want to do things a little differently today."

"Is that why you have the foam dummy in the corner," Heather asked.

I nodded at her with a smile. Amazon had delivered the half-torso used for self-defense practice with a few other training aids and protective equipment I'd need for these subjects. "You two have been taking classes and working hard for how long?"

Heather counted the months since August on her fingers. "A little over six months."

"Do you feel like you could defend yourself and escape from an attacker with what you know?"

Both of them nodded. I looked down at my five-foot, maybe hundred-pound spitfire of a daughter. She had spirit but not humility. "Let's find out." I handed both of them boxing headgear and MMA gloves. I put on the same gear, plus a groin protector. "Here's the deal. I'm going to play the part of an attacker. If I get you to the ground and establish control, you lose. If you break free and get off the mat, I lose. Any questions?"

Mary looked at me with wide eyes. "Rules?"

"No eye gouges or throat punches. We are only sparring, after all."

"Me first!" Heather's enthusiasm didn't last long. I pretended to walk up behind her and grab her shoulder. She tried to establish control of my arm, but it didn't work. I used my weight and strength to pull her off balance, wrapped her up, and slammed her to the ground. The impact knocked the wind out of her, and I had her wrapped and immobilized in about three seconds.

"Heather!" Mary rushed over as I let my daughter go. We rolled her to her back, and I lifted her by the belt to help her recover her breath. "You didn't have to throw her down so hard," she complained.

"I didn't hold back, just like an attacker wouldn't," I replied. Once Heather was walking it off, I called Mary to the mat.

"I'm not sure this is such a good idea," she said.

"All you have to do is make it five feet," I told her.

I knew what I planned would upset both of them, but I was going to prove a point. When I came up behind Mary, I placed her in a rear choke and leaned back. She tried using her legs to attack my feet but couldn't do anything while I held her off the ground like a rag doll. I drove her to the ground, using my body weight to keep her pinned. I used a free hand to reach under her gi, grab the waistband of her yoga pants, and yank them to her knees. It took me five seconds to have her bare ass pinned under my hips while I simulated penetration.

Mary screamed for help as I let her go. She scrambled away from me towards Heather, pulling her pants up as she looked at me with fear. I allowed her to escape, then sat on the center of the mat while she composed herself.

Both girls were looking at me the same way. I'd thoroughly shattered their confidence in their abilities, and they looked at me like the predator I was. "Take a break, get some water, and then we can talk."

The two backed away from me as they retreated to the dining table. It was something they'd been trained on, to never turn your back on the enemy. Seeing them think of me this way hurt me, but it was necessary for their safety. I was sitting on the couch when they returned a few minutes later, and neither sat close. "You're wondering why I was so rough on you," I said.

"You hurt us," Heather said with tears in her eyes.

"It felt like I was about to be raped," Mary added.

"I know. I'm sorry about that, and I never intended to do you real harm, but I had to make the point."

"What point is that," Mary replied angrily. "That you're a vicious brute?"

"The training you have gotten so far has given you the basics of self-defense. It isn't real life. The sparring you do is under controlled conditions. Your opponents have skill levels and body sizes similar to your own. Heather, do you spar the men in the advanced classes?"

She shook her head. "We don't even spar with the teens. I only grapple with an adult when the Sensei demonstrates on me."

"Mary?"

"The same," she replied. "I mostly spar with other women in my class, occasionally the smaller men."

"And there is nothing wrong with that. If you got dominated in the beginner classes, you might give up. In real life, the predator selects his prey. A difference in size and strength that we avoid in the dojo is MORE likely on the street. A mugger or rapist selects victims he thinks he can overpower."

It was starting to dawn on them. "How long until I can defend myself," Mary asked.

"None of us are invulnerable," I replied. "I've been doing this for a long time, but I'm still vulnerable to weapons, younger and stronger opponents, and multiple attackers. We all are." I looked them in the eyes. "If someone my size came after you, do you think you could take them down now?"

Both shook their heads no. "I'm a kid," Heather objected.

"Exactly. In a stand-up fight, you have no chance. I'll teach you some things I've learned in Krav Maga classes. Your goal isn't to win street fights. That's not realistic, and anyone who makes you think their martial art allows you to win against someone like me is delusional. Your goal is to break free and escape. To do that, you need to do three things. Break contact, disable quickly, and create space. You've done some practice with breaking holds, and we will build on that. Today we are working on ways to disable attackers with whatever is available."

"Like what?"

"Tell you what. I'll give you one minute to find as many things as you can that you could use to disable someone. No digging around in drawers; the weapons must be in plain sight or carried in your purse or backpack. Go." I'd left a few things out for them. I heard them rushing around while I carried the foam dummy onto the mat.

"Time," I called out. "Bring them in." Heather had the silverware from breakfast, a screwdriver, and a letter opener. Mary had her pepper spray and a paperweight. "Nice selection," I said. "Let me add a few things." I brought a few more items; a ballpoint pen, a magazine, and my key ring. "What do these objects have in common?"

"I found stabby things," Heather said proudly.

"I carry pepper spray in my purse, and you could hit someone in the head with the paperweight," Mary added. "I'm not sure about yours."

"You can stab someone with keys or a pen," I told them. Taking the key ring in my left hand, I extended one key between the index and middle finger. I picked up the pen with my right, the tip extending out the bottom of a closed fist. I did a quick left jab to the dummy's throat, leaving the key embedded a few inches into the foam larynx. I stabbed the pen into the left shoulder, sticking it deeply into the nerve cluster above the collarbone. Both moves took less than a second. I kneed the dummy in the abdomen, knocking it onto the floor. I ran off the mat before it hit the ground. The girls looked at me with wide eyes. "Disable and escape using ANYTHING you can find. That's what we are working on this weekend. Go check the dummy."

The girls looked at how deeply I'd stuck the items. The dense foam simulated the density of flesh, and it took some pulling to get them back out. "That's cool," Heather said.

"Can she learn to do that?"

I took the pen from her. "The tip of a sharp object penetrates the skin because the force of the strike gets concentrated in a tiny area," I replied. "You have to practice to get the strike right so it doesn't break. Straight in and straight back out. If it is at an angle, it will bend or break instead."

Heather looked at the pen. "Can I try?"

"Sure," I replied. I showed my daughter how to grip the pen. "Bang the fist on his body like you are pounding on a table, and the grip will keep the pen straight." I had her aim for the middle of the dummy's back, knowing we'd be tearing up the front in practice. She left the pen two inches deep in the foam on her first try.

We stayed in the back, and I had them try the strikes with the other stabbing objects. The fork didn't go so well. "The fork won't do much unless you hit a vulnerable point like the eyes."

An hour later, they were proficient at striking with household objects. I brought out two knives from the bedroom. One was a Kershaw three-and-a-half-inch assisted-opening rescue folding knife in bright orange. The other was a Marine combat knife in a leather holder. "Let's talk laws for a minute," I said. "New York and New Jersey have stringent laws on carrying knives. A knife like this," I held up the combat knife, "is illegal to carry outside the home. This folding knife is under the four-inch blade limit for carry in New York if concealed. If any part is visible, you can get a ticket. And in both states, carrying a knife for self-defense isn't a lawful purpose. That's why this is a 'rescue' knife used by EMTs and firefighters."

"Then what good are they?"

"A knife in the home is better than nothing, and a small folder in your purse has other purposes." I showed her the hard tip and small blade at the bottom, inside the handle. "This point is for breaking windshield glass, and this small blade is for cutting through seatbelts. You can open the knife with one hand." I demonstrated holding it, then flicking the blade open with my thumb. I showed them how to unlock and close it, then had both try it a few times. I finished by having both stab the dummy in the kidneys using two grips. "Mary, you should keep this in your purse." She glanced up, and I reassured her. "I have a few more."

"Thank you."

"Do I get one," Heather asked.

"You and I are going to learn about knife safety before I get you anything, and you can't EVER bring it to school," I told her.

We spent the next hour going over the body's vulnerable points. "There are only a few spots where you can incapacitate an attacker with one thrust. Temples, eyes, carotid artery under the left jaw, throat, groin, and kidney," I told them. "Killing isn't your purpose, though. Hitting a small target on a live human isn't easy, and you only get ONE chance to strike. Eyes, throat, stomach, kidney, groin," I said as I pointed to the dummy. "Don't try for the heart because the ribs might block or break your blade. In and out, more than once, if you can. Break free and run to safety. Let's try it." They used the folding blade and punched a lot of holes.

The girls were exhausted by the time we broke for showers and lunch. We were having tomato soup and grilled cheese when Heather asked a question. "Daddy, can we try the knife in the drawer by the bed?"

"That's not for practice. It's a very old and special blade."

"How special?"

I looked at Mary, and she nodded. "Do you remember when I told you about demons and how my great-great-grandfather was a Demon Hunter?" She nodded. "The dagger he carried isn't just for protection. It can absorb and trap a demon that refuses to leave a body."

"You stab the person?"

I nodded. "It doesn't matter where you stab the person. The spiritual being gets sucked into the blade, and the person dies when the two are separated."

Her eyes got wide. "The blade is full of demons?"

"Maybe. The journal talks about a purifying ceremony, but I don't know how long ago it was done."

"What would happen if you stabbed someone else with it? Would the demon escape into them?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, baby. That's why I'll never take it out unless it's demon-hunting time."

She sat back and thought about it. "Ugh. I don't want to touch it now."

"That's for the best, honey," Mary replied. She'd put her wedding rings back on after the spar and nervously played with the big diamond setting. We'd gotten married in January in a private ceremony in my apartment. We'd have a big celebration on Dad's farm later.

"What are you going to do about this Ingrid woman," Heather asked me.

"I can't do anything with this on," I said as I showed my ankle monitor. "I don't know. I can't go around stabbing people and claiming they have a demon inside. I'd never get out of jail."

"Then why did God give you the sight," she asked innocently.

It was a good question. I didn't have a good answer.

Chapter 40

Lonnie Dortmund's POV

Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor, British Virgin Islands

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

"What do you hear from the District Attorney's office?"

I sat back on the sun deck, enjoying the feel of the sunshine and warm breeze on my body. When I called Mom yesterday, she had the Captain return to port long enough for me to fly in. Mom looked good, all tanned and toned from weeks of diving and hiking. I brought down this month's material on John Miller's activities; transcripts, activity reports, and financials. We didn't trust the Internet with this. "The case goes to the Grand Jury tomorrow. They are nervous but believe the Grand Jury will vote to indict," I replied. "The process is stacked against John Miller the whole way through. Only the prosecutors and the witnesses are allowed in the room. The lawyers will only call witnesses whose statements are not overly favorable to the defendant."

"Do they think John will testify?"

"It's a risky play for the defense. The prosecution and the jurors get to interrogate him, and his lawyer doesn't get to talk except to give him legal advice. Most defendants don't testify, but John's defense is action in defense of others. If he swings enough jurors his way?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Weirder things have happened."

"Can the prosecutors guide the grand jury past that?"

I shrugged. "Anything can happen, but the standard isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt. It's whether the prosecutors have enough evidence to proceed to trial. They only need twelve of twenty-three jurors to vote to indict. Once they have an indictment, they can slow things down and push the trial off into the fall. The longer it goes, the better for us."

"Do you think he'll take a plea?"

I shook my head. "I've gotten close to a few of his friends, and they all think John will beat this if it goes to trial."

She closed her eyes and leaned back on the lounger in her tiny bikini. "What is the worst case?"

"If they don't get twelve votes to go to trial, it's a no-bill. The judge drops the charges, and he's a free man. His wife and daughter live in New Jersey, so he'll be over the bridge an hour later. There would be no restrictions on his passports, and he'd be permitted to carry a firearm again. We know he's tracking your movements, Mom. He could be on a plane and waiting for you with that damn dagger by morning."

I watched the fear cross her face. "Why can't we steal the fucking dagger?"

1...345678