Special Delivery Ch. 02

Story Info
Maya comes to live with Mark. The sexual tension grows.
13.5k words
4.7
6k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 02 -- Maya moves in and tensions grow

The next morning found me in a bad mood. Having to go to the police station when all I wanted to do was lie in bed was not how I like to spend my Saturdays. It's probably not a good idea to keep the law waiting though, so I zombied my way to the cop-shop. It took me ages to find somewhere to park my ancient Volvo, which did nothing for my mood. The greeting I got at the desk implied that the uniformed officer there was just as pissed-off as me to be spending his weekend in a police station. After a brief wait, a door opened and a man in a suit came in and introduced himself.

"Mr. Thorpe? My name is Detective Intendant Andy Burrows. I'm handling Maya's case."

"Call me Mark." I replied, it had been a long time since anyone had used my surname and I wasn't used to the sound of it.

He smiled. "Mark. If you'll come with me, I'll need to take a statement from you and then we need to have a chat about what happens next."

He lead me to what I guessed was an "interview room". It certainly looked like the interview rooms that I've seen on TV (back when I had a TV), which is about the closest I'd ever got to one before. After turning on the tape recorder (or whatever digital equivalent they use these days) and the usual spiel about how I wasn't under arrest etc. he proceeded to take my statement. It didn't take too long and he seemed grateful when I handed him the paperwork that I'd forgotten to tell them about the previous evening. After we'd finished with the statement, he turned off the recorder and leaned back in his chair, with his hands locked together behind his head.

"How's Maya?" I asked.

I couldn't read the look he gave me and he took his time with his words. "She's physically fine. Mentally, it's harder to say."

"But she's gonna be OK, right?" I enquired. "I mean, she's going to get help and stuff?"

"This is not the first of these I've seen." He shared. "Similar scenario, delivered in an ISO container. That sort of thing. Similar enough that we're pretty sure it's the same people behind it all. You have to understand, they are some serious operators. They don't leave us much to go on. The girls we find either can't or won't give us much information about the people that did this to them. The best we can piece together is that the operation is based in eastern Europe somewhere. The girls generally seem to be orphans or have been in the welfare system somewhere. Even when we've given them years of therapy and treatment, they don't seem to change much or ever want to talk about their past. Honestly, there's a limit to what we can do for them. The best we can do is offer them asylum here and try to make sure they have someone to keep an eye on them. They don't seem to suffer any long-term problems with how they've been treated, but they're never really normal in the way we think of things."

I took a moment to allow that to sink in.

"Wow." Was all I could manage.

Andy nodded his agreement. "Yeah, that about sums it up. Did you read that?" He nodded towards the paperwork I'd handed him.

"Yeah." I said meekly

"Then you know about the imprinting thing?"

"Yeah, I guess I do. I kinda hoped it was marketing blurb." I said hopefully.

Andy was shaking his head sadly. "Sorry, it's true. The fact is that, regardless of whatever help we can provide them, they seem to really struggle to cope unless they can have regular contact with the person they've bonded with. She's been asking us when you will be allowed to come and collect her. She's starting to get a bit anxious that you're not coming back."

"Jesus"

"Yep." He was trying to sound kind. "Look, I know you didn't ask for this to happen, and we can find her some sheltered accommodation to help her get sorted out as best as possible. But this would go a lot easier on her if she can stay with you, or at least nearby so you can see her regularly."

I put my head in my hands. "Bloody hell, what am I supposed to do with her?"

Andy looked like he was about to say something but then thought better of it and closed his mouth.

I had a good idea what he'd been about to say and arched my eyebrow at him.

He responded by putting his hands up in a placating gesture.

"I meant," I justified "I'm not a shrink. How can I possibly give her the help she needs?"

He shook his head sadly. "Man, I'm no expert either. But, from what I've seen of these women, you're the best qualified person to help her on account of the fact that you're what she wants. All you can do for her is to treat her kindly and try to do the right thing for her."

"Shit, can you give me a moment? I need to get my head round all this."

"Sure, there's no hurry. It's not like she's going anywhere. But we will need to start working out what we're going to do with her. You want a drink?" He offered.

"Sure, tea if you've got it."

He smiled. "Coming right up." And he stepped out of the room leaving me to my thoughts.

In the end, it didn't really take me long to come to a decision. Sure, there were a million reasons for me to walk away. But, as soon as I was honest with myself, I knew I couldn't do that. In the end, Maya had been exploited, abused even. She deserved some kindness in her life and I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't help her. I still had no idea what I was going to do with her but we'd just have to cross that bridge when we came to it.

When Andy returned with a plastic cup of tea, I was ready.

"OK, I'll do it."

He looked surprised "Really? I mean, that's good. Are you sure?"

"Someone's got to try to help her. You're telling me that I'm the best man for the job right?" He nodded slowly. "Well, OK. I'll just have to step up to the plate then."

"Great, that's great." He announced. "We'll need to keep her here for another night and do some paperwork. But we should be able to let her out of here tomorrow. That work for you?"

He wasn't hanging about but I guessed that it was probably better for me not to have too much time to change my mind. "Yeah, why not? Might as well get on with it."

"Excellent. We'll need you to fill out some paperwork and stuff. Before we do that, perhaps you'd like to see her? Let her know what's going on."

Oh, yeah. Hadn't thought of that. "Sure, let's do that."

He opened the door for me and lead the way through the building to a cell. He had the good grace look embarrassed that she was being kept in a cell. "Sorry, we didn't have anywhere else to keep her. We haven't locked her in or anything." He indicated that I should go ahead and I pulled the door open.

Maya was sitting quietly on the simple bunk in the room. There was an unopened book by it. At least they'd tried to offer her something to entertain herself with.

At the sound of the door opening, she looked up. Her face erupted in a huge smile as she saw me and she ran across the small space to throw herself onto me, wrapping her arms around me in a fierce hug. "I knew you'd come back for me." She exclaimed.

The intensity of her greeting and apparent feelings for me took my by surprise. I looked back at Andy, who was giving me a "told you so" look.

I didn't want to reinforce the master-slave dynamic but there seemed little for me to do but hug her back in what I hoped was a platonic, reassuring manner.

After a while, I lead her over to the bed so we could sit and talk. Andy took his leave and left us to it.

I wasn't sure what to say, but getting a few things straight seemed like as good a starting point as any.

"So, Maya. I need to make sure you understand a few things." As usual, she was sitting meekly with her head down, not meeting my eyes.

"OK." She said

"Maya, look at me." She reluctantly raised her eyes. Even though she was now looking at me, she somehow managed to keep an air of submissiveness.

"OK, first thing." I continued. "You know it wasn't me that 'bought' you right? The first thing I knew about you was when I opened that container."

She nodded her understanding.

"From what I understand from the situation, even though it's by accident, you might now have a 'connection' with me." I couldn't bring myself to say the word "bonded"

"Yes, I have bonded with you." She confirmed, so much for avoiding that word.

"And that means that it would be hard for you to be happy unless we can see each other?" I couldn't believe I was having this conversation.

She nodded.

"Maya, I don't want to be your master. I don't even know what that would mean but I know it isn't something I can do. I hate that you've been bought like a piece of meat and I wish there was something I could do to make everything OK. But life's not that simple. The police tell me that the easiest thing for you would be to come and stay with me. I don't know how that would work, but I'm willing to try if that's what you want."

"I do want that." She exclaimed. "Things are not......how I expected them to be. It seems that I will have to adapt to the situation and I don't know exactly how successful I will be. But one thing I know is that I can't be without you. At least not yet. I know you didn't want this and I'm sorry you've been put in this position. I will try not to make things difficult for you."

That was by far the most words I'd heard her say in one go. When she wasn't speaking in single sentences, it was a bit easier to hear the trace of an accent to her English. It was very subtle and not enough that you could make a good guess as to where it came from, but you could definitely hear it.

I took her hand. "Don't worry, we'll find a way through all this. God knows how, but we'll manage."

She smiled. Damn but she looked good when she smiled. She looked good when she didn't too, but her face really came alive when she smiled.

"So." I started speaking again to distract myself from looking at her. "The police say that you'll have to stay here overnight but that I can take you home in the morning. Will you be OK for another night here? Do you need me to get you anything?"

She shook her head. "I'll be OK. Will Sophie be there? I liked her, she was kind. Is she your girlfriend?"

Shit, Sophie. I'd forgotten all about her. This was going to make things even more complicated than they already were. I sighed. "I don't know." That was the true answer to both questions. "I'll need to tell her about the situation."

I wasn't looking forward to that conversation but it needed to happen. Sooner rather than later, preferably.

There didn't seem much to say after that so I made my excuses and went in search of Andy. He was loitering at the end of the corridor, probably waiting for me.

"Everything OK?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess. She's agreed to stay with me. But, from what you said, she was never going to say no."

"Well then, let's get you to sign some things and then I'll let you out of here."

It didn't take long and I was soon back at home. I made myself some lunch, trying to build up the courage to go and see Sophie. I was just finishing off my sandwich when there was a knock at the door.

Jesus! I hadn't had this much traffic at my door in a long time.

I was surprised to see Sophie standing there. Since when did she knock? Oh, yeah, right. Since last night. Before she could speak, I started jabbering.

"I'm really sorry about last night. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm really sorry anyway."

She shook her head sadly. "Oh Mark. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong." She sighed. "Look, I need to explain, but it's going to take a bit and it's not going to be easy. Can I come in?"

"Of course." I stood back and beckoned her into my humble abode. "I'd better make some tea then."

That earned me a small smile.

Soon, we were sitting done with a cup each and I waited for her to start.

"I don't like sex." She announced.

I nearly blew a mouthful of hot tea all over the kitchen.

When I'd stopped coughing, she continued.

"I mean, I want to like it. But I just don't get any pleasure from it. It's like my nerve endings are dead or something. And, before you say anything, no it's not just that I haven't been with the right person. I've been intimate with plenty of guys. Hell, I've even tied fooling around with girls in case I was gay and didn't realise. I just don't get turned on or feel any of the sensations that people are supposed to when doing that kind of stuff."

"Wow." Was all I could think to say.

"Yeah, kinda sucks."

"OK, but it's not the end of the world. I mean it doesn't mean that we can't be together."

"Oh Mark. You're sweet and I know you believe what you're saying but trust me, it won't work. I've been there before. Too many times actually. It always follows the same pattern. The guy says it's OK, sex is only one small part of a relationship. Then he starts thinking that perhaps he can be the one to make me enjoy sex. After months of persuasion, I agree to let them try. No joy. They keep at it for a while. Eventually they start to get the message that I'm not going to change and they start to get frustrated. That's when things start to fall apart. I don't want that to happen to us Mark. I like you too much."

We both sat there for a while. Not knowing what to say.

"The ironic thing is." She mused "It's not the lack of sex that drives people away. I actually do enjoy kissing and I'm pretty good with my hands and mouth so no boyfriend of mine has ever gone more than a week without an orgasm from me. But it's the fact that they know they can never repay the favour that really causes the friction. I actually quite enjoy taking care of a guy, kinda like the same way you can enjoy bringing someone breakfast in bed, or giving them a nice gift. But I think people fundamentally want to feel like they can give something back and it seems to eat away at them after a while. Even though I don't need it in my life, it's like people can't cope with the idea that they can't give me that kind of pleasure. I dunno. But I've had it happen too many times to think that this time will be any different. I'm sorry Mark. I shouldn't have let things get this far with us. I should have been more careful to keep you at arm's length."

"But... but, I don't want to be kept at arm's length. I don't want to lose you." I jibbered.

"I know. I don't want to lose you either. But I can't be your lover and I'm not sure if I can pretend that we're just friends."

"Well, we'll just have to work something out." I tried to put a brave face on it. "I'm here for you. We'll find a compromise. Besides, without me, who's going to cook you dinner on a Friday night? You'll starve."

That earned me another weak smile.

"Where were you this morning anyway?" She asked. "I called round a few times and you were out. I know you had to go to give your statement but I didn't expect it would take so long."

"Ahh, well. About that..." I filled her in on the morning's events.

"Christ Mark, are you sure about this?" She asked "I mean you don't know anything about her. What happens if she's some kind of psycho? Did you think about that? What happens when the trauma of everything catches up with her and she has a breakdown? Are you going to be able to deal with that?"

There were all good questions, and I didn't have the answer to any of them.

"She needs someone to help her. If I walked away, she would have had no one. I can't do that to her. Are you really telling me that you'd have done any differently if you were in my shoes?"

Sophie's frown softened and she put her hand on my shoulder. "No, I guess not." She admitted. "You are a good person Mark. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Well, perhaps you can help with that." I said. Her eyebrow was already rising but I ploughed on. "I haven't the first idea what I'm going to do with her or how best to help her. But I can't imagine being locked away with only me for company is the right solution. It's not like I've got a busy social life. It could do her some good to have a woman to spend time with. She likes you. She even asked about whether you'd be around when she comes home tomorrow."

"Well, I guess I could keep an eye on the two of you. Make sure she's not getting you into any trouble." She didn't sound completely convinced but at least she wasn't outright saying no.

"Great, that would be a big help. I'm not sure I can do this on my own. How about I bring her round to yours to say hi tomorrow afternoon?"

Sophie shrugged. "Sure, why not?" She stood up. "I'd better get back. I've got a ton of lesson prep to do if I'm going to have visitors tomorrow."

"Thanks Sophie. We'll work things out. Don't worry." I wasn't just talking about Maya and I think she knew it.

"Bye Mark" She leaned forward and gave me a peck on the cheek. I took that as a good sign.

Alone once more, I had a quick think about what preparations I would need to make for Maya's arrival. I had enough food in the house for a few days but we'd need to go shopping for supplies at some point. I had no idea what food she liked or if she had enough clothing. I mean, I knew she had lots of clothes but I guessed that most of them were not going to be warm and practical. I don't live a glamorous lifestyle and she was going to have to muck in and help at some point. There's always plenty of work to do and I wasn't going to turn down an extra pair of hands to help. God knows a bit of hard labour has certainly done wonders for my well-being. Maybe it would help Maya too. I guess we were about to find out.

I still had a lot of wood to chop if I wanted to stay warm next winter so I lost myself in that task for the rest of the afternoon.

---

The following morning, I was back at the police station. Hopefully, this would be the last time I'd see it for a long time. Maya was waiting for me in reception and seemed just as happy to see me as she had the day before, but this time managed to restrain herself from jumping on me. I smiled and said "Hi Maya, I hear you're looking forward to getting out of this place."

"It's not the worst place I've slept." Good point. "But I'm glad to be going home with you."

"Well, your carriage awaits Milady." I said, with my best Victorian accent. "Do we need to speak to anyone before we leave?"

"No, I'm free to go." She had her suitcases with her. I guessed they'd released them to her so she would have some clothes. She was making an impressive effort to manhandle all three at once. I stepped forward and grabbed the two biggest, leaving her with the third.

We hauled them to the car and just about managed to fit them in.

There wasn't much conversation on the way back. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be though. I find that the really awkward silences are the ones where both people are clearly dying to say something but don't know what to say. I'd grown used to not seeing anyone for days at a time and Maya seemed taciturn at the best of times so we just sat in silence. Perhaps it would have been generous to call it a comfortable silence, but I didn't find myself feeling the need to babble about the weather or anything stupid like that.

By the time we got home, someone - presumably the police - had taken away the ISO container. I guessed that was for the best. I certainly didn't want it hanging around on my drive and I didn't imagine it held any fond memories for Maya.

We dumped her suitcases in the bedroom. I also showed her the bathroom, which meant she'd now had the complete tour of my meagre cottage.

I hadn't bothered to light the stove when I got up that morning as it still had a bit of residual warmth left from overnight. But it was getting a bit chilly so I thought it would be a good idea to show Maya how to get it going. Starting a wood fire is pretty easy and fast when you have the right combination of dry materials to hand, but it's pretty easy to get wrong when you don't know what you are going. I figured that Maya would be spending more time than me in the house so it would be important for her to know how to keep herself warm.