Spirits of the Shaft Pt. 03: Spirit

Story Info
Ana awakes to find her world has changed.
5.9k words
4.59
2.2k
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/01/2023
Created 08/25/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spirit

I awoke in the Master bedroom. I was lying on top of the covers, naked. I suddenly remembered the ordeal that Rosa and Caribou had put me through the night before. I was going to have to say something about that. I did not feel safe with their prank. I wriggled around a little. My hands were cuffed somehow behind my back. Annoying, but typically no big deal. I could easily move cuffed hands from back to front. However, when I started to try, I felt a yanking feeling on my neck.

I was wearing some kind of collar. A chain from the back of the collar was keeping my restrained hands locked in the middle of my back!

I climbed out of bed, shaking my shoulders. I didn't really feel the urge to go to the bathroom, but I know that my body works like clockwork. I needed to find Rosa so she could unlock the buttplug and get me out of these chains.

I looked around the room. She had already moved all our bags out. What the hell was I supposed to wear? I got up and walked to the door, my bare feet chilled by the cold, hardwood floors. I reached for the door knob with my right foot, but somehow missed it. I tried again...

My foot passed right through the door knob. What the fuck?!

I heard voices outside the house in the driveway.

I ran to the window.

Caribou and Rosa were talking by the rental car. Rosa was closing the trunk, which was filled with all our luggage. All my luggage!

I tried to bang on the window to get their attention. My foot passed right through the window pane. Fuck!! I pressed my cheek against the window. I could feel the surface of the pane, but when I pushed a little harder, my face slipped right through.

It felt like pressing my face on the surface of the water in a calm bathtub. I could feel the surface, but there was no substance to it.

Rosa glanced up at the house. She looked haggard. I had to get out there and get her attention. I pushed my shoulder through the window pane - then my head. Then I jumped through. I landed on the cold gravel of the driveway.

"Wait!" I shouted. Neither Caribou, nor Rosa seemed to hear me.

"... and don't worry," Caribou was saying to Rosa. "Call me after New Year's and we'll see how things are going. And, please, enjoy yourself. You are free!"

Rosa gave a brief thin smile then turned and climbed into the driver's seat.

"Wait!" I screamed.

I ran to the passenger door and tried to open the handle with my toes. My foot passed right through, of course.

Rosa started the engine and shifted into gear. I ran to the front of the car and tried to kick the hood. The car advanced, passing straight through me. "Hey!"

Next I was running down the driveway trying to catch up to Rosa as she drove away. "Stop! Come back!"

As I ran, I noticed that the world around me was becoming more and more fuzzy. Gray spots were beginning to fill my vision. I looked forward desperately watching Rosa's car drive further away. I ducked my head and tried to run even faster.

Soon my vision faltered, graying out completely. I felt like I was falling forward.

I opened my eyes and I was lying on the bed in the Master bedroom again. I jumped up to the window. Caribou was walking up to the front door. I noticed that the bitch was wearing my bathrobe.

"Fuck!"

My arms were still locked behind my back. I shook my shoulders violently, cursing.

I pushed my head through the window again.

Slowly the realization settled around me like a heavy stone. I'm a ghost. Something went wrong with Caribou's little isolation tank. They put me in, but I must have died. They fucking murdered me. Now, I'm just a ghost!

<>--+-

I ran through the house to find the secret door standing wide open. I started to run down the long flight of stairs to the underground cavern with all the fancy machines. As I descended, I started to imagine what I was going to find. Did I want to actually find my dead, lifeless body? By the time I got to the bottom of the stairs, I was barely moving at all.

There was no metal framework with a large, metal spinning sphere, no large steel cylinder, no round steel plate, and the thick stone plug was now flush with the floor of the cave - put back in its place! Of course it was. My dead body was deep underneath all that... Locked far, far away.

I walked out onto the stone plug. If I concentrated, I could push my foot into the stone. Since I'm a ghost, I thought I could probably descend into that deep tight hole, down to the spinning sphere. I could look inside. What would I do then? If I could re-enter my body somehow, what would I do? If I was not a ghost, there is no way I'd be able to travel back up that shaft on my own. I'd just have to wait around to die again.

As I stood there in the cavern, suddenly all the lights shut down. It was pitch dark. I turned and started running up the stairs. Even though there was absolutely no light, I could still make out the contours of the world around me. I guess that is a benefit of having ghostly vision.

When I got to the top of the stairs, I found the secret door closed. I passed through it just as Caribou was sliding the bookcase along the rail to hide the door's existence.

"You fucking bitch!" I shouted at her. I kicked at her as hard as I could, but it just passed through her face. I tried to head-butt as she made her way to the kitchen and opened the door of the refrigerator, sniffing through some containers of food that Rosa and I had made. "Murderer!"

<>--+-

I woke up on the bed in the Master bedroom - naked as always. Actually, I wasn't completely naked. I still wore my large nipple rings and the buttplug was still firmly lodged in my backside. Of course, there were the chains and cuffs and collar that forced me to keep my hands in the middle of my back. I guess that this is the fate of ghosts to eternally wear the apparel they died in.

Time passed. I don't know how time moves when you are a ghost, but, for me it skipped forward in small jumps. I think I was nowhere for some forgotten chunks of time.

I could feel the cold outside, but it did not bother me. I could walk along the snow-covered drive barefoot. Of course, I left no footprints. I could sit on the roof in a howling storm. I knew the wind was blowing. My hair would even flap in the breeze. Regardless, it did not affect me at all.

I watched as Caribou had people install fiber optics lines to the house. She bought a fancy computer and a large TV. A new Subaru appeared in the driveway. Her wardrobe seemed to expand. She spent a lot of time searching the web.

She seemed to have a thing for missing women. I'm not exactly sure. Missing persons reports just have a certain look. And that was the look of the things she was researching. Maybe she was looking for information about her own disappearance.

I was always extremely aroused. For a weightless, ghostly buttplug, the thing shoved in my ass certainly wiggled around a lot. When I moved, it moved inside me. I tried desperately to twist my arms around so I could put a finger on my sex - to touch myself. Unfortunately, my ghostly chains had the property of impermeability that everything else did not.

I was going crazy with arousal. How could they have chained me like this? Did Caribou know how to make me suffer the most?

I straddled the backs of couches. I aligned myself with broom handles. Of course, my body passed right through with no friction.

Finally, I was at a breaking point and I screamed, "Fucking bitches!! I'm a fucking contortionist so fuck you!"

I lay on the bed on my chest, and bent my back, lifting my legs over my head. I dropped my knees towards my head and raised my head. "Ha!" The top of my head provided all the surface that I needed. I pressed my sex lips to the crown of my head. When I rolled up even further I could actually press against my clit. The orgasm I had was so mindblowing that an effluence of lubrication sprayed over my head and ran down my face, soon evaporating into nothing as it cooled.

After finding the appropriate means, I masturbated all the time. I let the arousal take me away. Otherwise, my thoughts would begin to revolve in tortured impossible loops - trying to understand how Rosa could betray me, certain that Caribou had tricked her into thinking I wouldn't die in the bottom of the shaft - my own little oubliette.

Before I knew it, I was watching Caribou watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV. A few days later I found Caribou talking on my cell phone.

"Things are going well?" she asked into the phone. "Yeah?... And the business?... Awesome!... I don't know. I mean, I'm sure she's fine. She wanted this for you. She said so... Yeah, well if you change your mind, we can always... Sure, not yet, though... She's good!"

I knew she was talking to Rosa. "She's lying!" I screamed.

"Hey! I'm going to need to do some repairs on the house this Spring... Is there any chance that you could put a little more money in Ana's account?... Awesome! I'll keep you updated! Bye."

<>--+-

One day in late winter, Caribou went to the sliding bookshelf and pushed it to the side to reveal the hidden door. She had a hand drill and some hardware. She pulled some books from the shelves and drilled a pair of holes in the back - one on the top shelf, one on the bottom. She drilled holes in the wall next to the hidden door. She closed the bookshelf and pushed long bars through the holes in the back on the bookshelf into the wall behind. She used padlocks to lock the bars in place and hid her work with the books.

Now someone would need an additional two keys, even if they knew the door existed to find my body.

Caribou moved into the Master bedroom, which really sucked. Everytime I awoke from periods of nonexistence, I awoke in that bed. So, now I sometimes woke up next to Caribou's nasty body.

Caribou masturbates a lot too. Who can blame her? She lived a solitary existence with snow and wilderness all around. But, I suppose I can now confirm that age-old question... Yes! Ghosts are watching when you think you are having a private moment with your hand.

What sickened me the most is that watching her made me horny, too. It was a different kind of longing, though. I could (thanks to my flexibility) soothe my arousal, but I never could assuage the desire for physical connection with another woman. Even with Caribou, I was utterly alone. Even if I wanted to snuggle up against Caribou, I couldn't. I'd just pass right through.

In the Spring, Caribou began to venture out into the world more. One night, Caribou brought home another woman. I watched them fuck for over an hour. Caribou seemed to know how to satisfy her partner.

In the middle of the night, when her lover was fast asleep (in my bed!), Caribou got up. When she returned she had some kind of strange gun in her hand.

Even after all this time as a ghost, I still followed my reflexes and started poking the woman trying to wake her up - trying to warn her that she was in the lair of a murderess. For a fleeting moment, I thought that maybe it would be OK. I'd finally have ghostly company. Still, all my screaming did nothing.

Caribou pressed the nozzle of the gun directly on the woman's back near her shoulder. When she pulled the trigger there was a muffled pop. The woman sleepily slapped at her shoulder like she had been bitten by a mosquito, then she settled into sleep once again. Caribou snuck back out of the room with the gun.

The next day after Caribou had pushed her overly affectionate one night stand out the door, I found Caribou sitting at her computer looking at an interactive map. There was a marker on the map that moved every once in a while. A popup containing a collection of numbers would appear every time she hovered the mouse over the marker.

The bitch had chipped her one night stand.

<>--+-

I actually found some enjoyment watching Spring blossom. I could approach momma deer with their babies. I could comfortably lie in a patch of stinging nettles and watch the clouds slip by. I found a stream, not too far from the house that I could sit in and lose myself in the burbling sound of the water. If I positioned myself correctly, I could actually feel the water tumble through my sex, which provided a pleasant feeling that I enjoyed for hours at a time.

I explored the limits of my ghostly range and became familiar with the entire expanse. If I went too far, I grayed out and awoke later in the Master bed.

<>--+-

Summer came and went with its long days and majestic thunderclouds. Caribou hired workers to install a cooling system in part of the house. Of course, this did not include the wing with the old library where the bookshelf concealed the hidden door to my tomb.

Caribou's computer map had more than ten markers with id's, when, one night, she brought home Cecilia. Cecilia was a bubbly girl, I guess. She laughed too much and I don't think it was because she was nervous.

They had been at a bar together, obviously, and Cecilia was hopping from one foot to the other as Caribou unlocked the front door.

"Bathroom! I have to pee!" Cecilia squeaked.

Caribou pointed her towards the bathroom off the ballroom and I followed Cecilia in - just to check her out. After she peed, she was looking in the mirror, adjusting her makeup. I was looking over her shoulder as she was touching up her eyeliner. Of course, I had no reflection.

Suddenly, though, our eyes met. I thought it had to be an illusion... a wish... on my part. But then, Cecilia said, "Hello!" and she turned away from the mirror towards me. She looked confused and said, "Oh!" Then quickly looked back in the mirror.

After a moment she threw her brushes back in her bag and slipped out of the bathroom with a bit of haste. "Goddess?" she called out. (Goddess?)

"Ceecee?" Caribou replied. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

Cecilia giggled a little. "I think I did! At first I thought that you had snuck into the bathroom, naked, but I turned and there was no one there."

"Naked?" Caribou smiled. "I like that you are envisioning me naked."

"No really," Cecilia continued. "I saw a woman, plain as day, in the mirror, but when I turned, she had disappeared."

"And she was naked?" Caribou asked.

"She had large, golden rings pierced in her nipples," Cecilia said.

Caribou's eyebrows raised up, momentarily startled.

Holy shit! This woman had actually seen me. Me! The ghost!

Caribou recovered quickly. She pulled the hem of her shirt up to reveal her naked breast. "Nope. Not me, then. No nipple rings. See?"

"Well," Cecilia said, shaking her head. "It has to have been a ghost!" She looked around the ballroom for a moment. "How fucking cool is that?"

"Well, the house IS haunted," Caribou explained. "So, I'm not surprised, at all."

"Maybe she was some Abenaki girl..." Cecilia said as Caribou led her out of the ballroom and back towards the bedrooms. "You know, an Indian girl. Native American. Did they pierce their nipples?"

"There is an old story that has been passed down from generation to generation in my family," Caribou said, looping her arm in Cecilia's. "When the house was first being built in the late 1600's by my ancestors, one of their daughters was discovered kissing another local girl by the matriarch of the family. Of course, that was a serious crime back then. Well, the mother accused the neighbor girl of being a witch in league with the devil. The community eventually had her burned at the stake. And the daughter? They pushed her in a hollow space under the foundation of this house and bricked her in with only a small hole to feed her."

"Ooo!" Cecilia said, with a shiver.

"She lived the rest of her life in that small dark space, basically buried alive," Caribou looked around the hall we were walking down as though trying to find the ghost. "Apparently, the girl put a curse on the family, such that the oldest girl in each generation from that day on was condemned to be a lesbian. And guess what?" Caribou said, smiling.

"What?" Cecilia said nervously.

"I'm my mother's only daughter!"

Cecilia laughed, "Her curse is my blessing, I guess. Oh, lesbian Goddess!" And she kissed Caribou deeply. She sighed when they finally broke for a breath of air. "I love stories like that... I mean, not the burning and burying, but, you know... the peril... It's kind of exciting. It's kind of hot!"

Caribou had been standing at the door to the Master bedroom. She stopped before she opened the door. "You know? I think there is a better room to show you on the West wing of the house."

They headed back down the hall.

"Maybe they pierced her nipples to mark her as a lesbian," Cecilia was saying. "Kind of like the scarlet letter story and the adulteress."

We arrived at one of the bedrooms I rarely visited in my wanderings. Caribou opened the door and walked to the bedside drawer. "I thought maybe this bedroom is better suited for our evening's entertainment," she said as she pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

"Ooo!" Cecilia giggled. "If you keep on teasing me, I WILL need to be restrained."

One thing that I have noticed about Caribou... She can read her girl-of-the-night pets. Most women would have run, I'd think, but Cecilia unbuttoned her blouse and shucked out of her bra like they were on fire. She turned her back and looked over her shoulder at Caribou, slowly slipping her arms behind her back, crossing her wrists.

Caribou locked the handcuffs on Cecilia's wrists, dramatically testing them to prove how stuck Cecilia's wrists were. Caribou roughly pushed the woman onto the bed. "Stay!"

"Yes, Goddess," Cecilia moaned.

Caribou dug through a drawer until she found a roll of elastic bandages and a hair tie. She held them up for Cecilia to see. "You look like a wily one. I wouldn't want to underestimate your powers. I think that I might need to keep you. I think that I might need you to commune with my ghost!"

Cecilia giggled and squirmed on the bed. Caribou grabbed her by the hair, quickly twisting her locks into a ponytail. She applied the hairband, securing all Cecilia's hair so it seemed to fountain from the top of her head. Next she picked up the elastic bandages, unwrapping about two feet worth. Cecilia remained on the bed, watching Caribou expectantly. Caribou approached and started wrapping the bandage around Cecilia's head, covering her eyes first. "I can't let that naked ghost seduce you, can I?"

"Mmm... Never, Goddess!"

Caribou must have had some practice at wrapping bandages. In no time, Cecilia's head was tightly wrapped. The bandages covered her entire head and under her chin. Only her mouth and nose and the fountain of hair at the top remained.

"What sort of penance will you pay, you ungrateful slut?" Caribou asked.

"I'll do anything you ask, Goddess! Just please take pity on my worthless soul!" Cecilia said. She was smiling, enjoying this role-playing.

Caribou rolled Cecilia onto her stomach and snatched her skirt and panties down to her ankles. Caribou pushed down on Cecilia's back, crushing her to the bed with her butt raised up in the air. "Don't move an inch, slut!" Caribou said, stepping away, opening another drawer, pulling out a web of straps and a wobbly dildo.

Cecilia seemed to be listening intently as Caribou tightened the strap-on around her waist. Her breathing was erratic and excited. "Do you deserve the attention of your Goddess?" Caribou said as she applied some lubrication to the business end of the device.

"I'll suffer any punishment to prove my worth," Cecilia giggled. "Ohhh! Ohhhhh! Mmmmm!"

Caribou impaled Cecilia, who seemed completely ready to receive. Slowly Caribou picked up her speed and force. Soon, Cecilia was screaming in ecstasy. She was very loud. "Oh, Goddess! I love you! I love you!"

I should have been sickened to watch all this occur. Not because of the sex act I was secretly observing, but rather, just because it was Caribou. Still, I found myself completely aroused.

12