All Comments on 'Standing at The Cliff'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 261 Comments (Page 2)
KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

A few issues. Did the low life dead-beat Charles ever pay child support? Did his real dad ever adopt Dre? Sorry but his mom was a habitual SKANKY-SLUT, she earns NO remorse nor understanding! Here values are only self serving and deserves full contempt.

I'm sorry but Dre had every right to kick Charles testicles to the curb and back - Dre just used the wrong place to do it - he needed some military service - for so many reasons.

Tabby, she was screwed no matter what... Dre was too immature to realize her predicament. Where was Tabby's family to put Dre on the right course? He had his logic but never saw the other side of the coin - here is where Dad should have helped him! Dre was never allowed to mature and no one really helped him mature.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pretty well done. Thank You.

An interesting plot, good character development, and logical behaviors and attitudes. I was disappointed you did not include the scene where Tabby comes to realize that she could have stopped her mother-in-law's cheating and saved her second marriage if Tabby had threatened to expose her if the cheating did not stop. If would have come out in the counseling, if not before. Too bad.

And the preaching about how men should treat women, which is totally bogus, was long and tedious and distracting. I found myself skimming and skipping through those philosophical quandaries.

I thought his mom's admission that she married for her son, rather than herself, original and believable. That was well played. That his mom never really loved his step father made her cheating more understandable, if not forgivable.

So thanks for a good effort. And thanks for allowing anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too long

Too long and dull and self indulgent don't take me on your crappy journey 1.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thought this was an excellent story. The characters were flawed but had some redeemable qualities. Very complex! Outstanding! Congrats Javmor!

Killian

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Well Told!

I was fearful for a while that BOTH women were cheating, but apparently not.

It would have been nice to know what Henry told Charles that put the fear of death into him, but I'll just let my imagination run off with that now.

Thanks for an interesting read with great character development. I'll be reading more of your stuff....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lying verses bearing false witness

Lying verses bearing false witness>

One of the Ten Commandments is not to bear false witness again one's neighbor. Slander, telling falsehoods, intentionally trying do deceive, to cause division and discord among brethren.

But then we have the story of Jericho. Spies were sent to scout Jericho to prepare for its invasion. They almost get caught, but hide in the house of Rahab the prostitute. She lies to protect them when the solders come looking for the spies. She gives them shelter and lowers them in a baskets over the city walls to escape. She is commended and is the only one not killed in Jericho when the Jericho is taken. What does this say? Lying is acceptable when it saves lives? To save someone's dignity? Food for thought!

luedonluedonabout 7 years ago
Well said, Anonymous

It is the fact that there are so many shades of grey between absolute black and absolute white that makes the world an interesting place.

Lue

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Getting over it

Normally I lose patience with a man who is willing to pull the plug and make everyone suffer do to his "loss of trust", but this story was interesting and I liked it. I did wonder why his wife got all abrasive when he asked her where she really was. Where was she? Why did she get off the phone so quickly? I seemed odd. In any case, it was sad about the parents, but at least the kids reconciled.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
Makes me think

That there is more to the story about his wife if she thought telling her husband what she did. "What's good for you should be good for me also". I like your style. Please continue to write 4*

shareher4funshareher4funabout 7 years ago
Referencing the Bible and reading Literotica?

Amazing that someone would reference the Bible in a Literotica comment. Truly, utterly illogical.

This story was well written. But so cliche! I gave it 2 stars.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
Decent tale

Nice to hear it from the perspective of the son,the red Herring at the beginning was interesting (you think he is describing his own wife). The only thing unbelievable to me about the mom is that she would be so protectful of her son to marry Henry, yet she would still love Charles even though he totally abandoned the kid,didn't care, even the most slutty woman would stay clear of someone like Charles bc of that....

Other than that it was believable, and the tension with the wife was real, she may have thought she was protecting her husband, but she was showing she thought little of his and more about the mom's feelings ,and that had to hurt. She may have thought she was protecting dre,but what she really was protecting was herself,she was afraid of being guilty of telling about the mom. In the end hopefully he learned tabby was human and frail,not evil.

ace4869ace4869about 7 years ago
5*****

Because I can. Good story J.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I gave it five stars.

I gave it five stars, because it was deserved. Interesting story, well-traveled and very believable. Please keep writing, Panther fan

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

5 stars from me. Keep on with the studies in human emotion with the erotic side still intact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What I don't and do get...

What I don't get... I found like three honest to God errors, and two were subjective, and this in a story another person wrote and shared with me for free, for free!, and people want to bitch? Hey, go pick up an F. Scott Fitzgerald or a Hemingway and see if you can get thirty-five pages of error literature. I know you can't.

Now for the good stuff!

This held my attention from beginning to end. What a great yarn!

What an original point of view, but everybody's mentioned that.

Yeah Henry's decision to leave Dre's mom was all he could do. But he did his duty by his adoptive son. Best dad around.

About Dre's anger at Tabby. Dre needed to hear her out. His mom put his wife in the worst possible situation. Poor Tabby was almost helpless. Dre let me down on this one, but he's going to be a great dad and wonderful husband going forward.

Dre's mother gets what she deserved... nothing.

Thanks, a great story, loved every word.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I agree with the previous anon 03/03/17: This held my attention from beginning to end. What a great yarn!

:-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it from beginning to end...

Excellent story and writing. Nice twist at the beginning when we find out it's his mom he found cheating, not his wife. Dre responded poorly to his wife's deception. In his defense, she WAS very wrong in what she did and Dre had had a huge shock on that day directly related to what she lied about. I think we can forgive his initial disproportionate response to Tabby's lies and his ensuing issue with trust. Still, it dragged on for way too long; he refused her earliest apologies and eventually they both quit trying to fix the problem. I was happy to see they got back together though, I was rooting for them.

Very interesting story. Thanks Javmor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This guy was the king of overreacting... and constantly whining guys irritate me... I can understand him telling the "dad"... and fussing out the guilty... but that should have been the end of his involvement... his crying over "him" being the Injured party and treating his wife like she just shot the pope was WAY over the top... he should have just called dr phil... or maybe grew some balls and acted like a grown man... jmo

-jaye-

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
3RD TIME I READ THIS ONE

Still a 5***** Some stories I really want to see a BTB. Not this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sometimes writers don't think things all the way through

Why would she get dressed up in her slinky black dress, sexiest underwear, spend hours on her hair and makeup to go out with her cheating mother in law. You may not have meant to , but you made people think she had an agenda. Why was she disappointed it was cancelled? Frankly , to me, you did a good job of sowing the seeds of mistrust. And, I still thought she had an agenda.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
If you had an editor..

...they would have made you get rid of all the 'that' and 'had's' through the story. Try reading it out loud sometime and drop those two words. The story is much better and reads smoother.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
@ANON 5/14/17 "Sometimes writers ..."

The woman getting 'gussied up' in the beginning is the Mother, NOT Sweetie.* When Hubby gets back to his own house, there is NO mention of Sweetie's attire. Had she been in Party Gear, it would have likely been pointed out by Javmor!

An easy 5*. (despite a few pronoun glitches.)

* Had the same thought, but it became evident Sweetie did NOT emulate MiL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable read.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 7 years ago
Nice balance of ethos and pathos...

At first I had trouble with your time structure but eventually I caught on.

Henry did what my own father did, he said one thing and did another. His wife followed the same pattern, making it a serious shock to the son when he found out. I think most of us found out the parents weren't perfect at a somewhat earlier point in our lives.

Tammy could have been developed a little more. As it was, we initially had no reason to feel empathy for her. I can understand the box she was in because she didn't want to be a part of her in-laws situation. "...I also realized that maybe somebody who didn't know how to handle a difficult situation and was afraid to be the catalyst for blowing up a family might do what she did." This is something that I can understand because I've lived that way, too.

It was good to see you develop his growth so he could eventually let go of his anger. That gets short shrift in a lot of stories in here.

Your writing is improving nicely and you put forth interesting themes. Thanks for keeping changes coming. We need to be jolted into thinking about the issues you raise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
well written

Disgusting topic, but well written if a bit immature (from the teen husband side of things).

At least they waited to get pregnant...

Smoke

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Loved it, great story, well-defined characters...

A lot of emotion was evident in this story from the beginning. I'm glad Andre and Tabby were able to iron out their differences and remain husband and wife. Henry and his Mom divorced, but they probably should never have married to begin with and certainly her adultery was the final nail in that coffin. At least they were able to eventually be friendly with one another, so they should have no problem being effective grandparents. It was heartwarming to see Henry's biggest concern was that his stepson stay close after the divorce. Great story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

A situation anyone could find themselves in. Very well written. Thank you

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 6 years ago
Another great story

Another great Jav story. Five out of five.

There are half a dozen authors on this site I check constantly because of their great work. Javemor is one of them.

At first I thought Dre was overreacting to what his wife did by lying.

But then I came to realize his entire foundational belief had been wiped out by his discoveries about his mother and father. It worked perfectly for me.

I even felt a little sympathy for his mother in the end.

It was both BTB (mother) and reconciliation (wife) in the same story which is actually kinda clever.

Steve

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Well this is truely unique

I have never read a LW story, and I've read quite a few, where the antagonist is the protagonist's mother. Kudo's for originality and fine writing.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
hmm mom would be disowned

and wife probably would be an ex. sorry what she did, makes me doubt her fidelity at best

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago

good job though jav 👍👏👏👏👏

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Excellent

Great story, in all respects.

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Loved the story

I gave this story only 4 stars because of the difficult segue. I had to back up and reread after the telling and that broke the reading rhythm for me.

Since I have enjoyed your stories so much I felt the need to provide that feedback. I will continue to read and enjoy the emotions your writing engenders and provide feedback as I think appropriate.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
why do authors make female sound like weak

why do you almost always make the females weak and the lead man supper stronge?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Moral of the story

Mind your own business. Your parent's actions and relationships are their business, not yours.i

Are his parents better off now? As a result of his meddling? Fuck no!

God protect us from a selfricheous person who wants to make everything right and proper. I'm not condoning cheating in a monogamous relationship, but his cure was worse than the disease.

Good story though

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Came back to this

After reading the "The Weekend", I reread this. I've read all of your stories, and reread many. You’re one of my favorites on Literotica, because you have the capacity to convey such profound emotion. Thanks for sharing your stories.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
So, Andre almost lost his wife . . .

. . . because she wasn’t cheating, but she didn’t tell him that his mother was? How far does that extend? To the next door neighbor? To one of his co-workers or the wife of his buddies?

The concept was interesting, but Andre became almost a caricature in this story, written as angrily as though he’d been the one cheated on. He couldn’t trust Tabitha not because she cheated, but she didn’t spill the beans on his mother cheating.

Jam or is a top writer here, but this one is written like one of the commenters who has said he hates cheaters he would do anything to expose anyone who cheated, regardless of how much none of his business it was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I wanted to give this 5 stars, but couldn't

4 will have to do for good writing. Andre's response was over-the-top toward his wife. She found herself in a bad situation. She may not have handled it in Andre's prefered manner, but she was far from being an enabler. It's compounded by Andre's willingness to lie if he'd stayed overnight at the Super Bowl party, which he conveniently forgets when he righteously tells Tabby he never lied to her. Maybe not, but clearly lying wasn't off the table in Andre's mind.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Not Liked vs Bad

Many times people say that just because you don't like a story doesn't mean that it isn't a good story. While that is true, the scores ask for OUR opinion of the story,

Look at the descriptions of the scores:

(1) - I hated it.

(2) - I didn't like it much.

(3) - [I] Liked it - keep on writing.

(4) - [I] Really liked it - Good Read.

(5) - [I] Loved it - One of the best.

Granted, for the last three the "I" is implied, but it is obvious that Lit is asking the READER'S opinion of the story, not how good the story is in the abstract.

Jackson Pollack is considered a great artist. I don't happen to like his work. If I'm shown one of his paintings and am given a Lit scorecard, am I wrong to give it a "1" because it's a "great" painting, even though I hate it?

Maybe Lit needs to go the figure skating route, with two scores, one for technical merit, i.e. how well it's written, one for presentation, i.e. how much we like it.

Until then, we are stuck with what we have.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: "So, Andre almost lost his wife . . ."

How far does it extend? It extends as far as it has to! Anyone condoning ANYBODY'S cheating throws shade on their attitude towards fidelity.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "well, Jav"

You ask where Tabby was that day? She told him - she went to her mother's.

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 6 years ago
If Tabby had two IQ points to rub together

she would have found a way for the cheater to be uncovered without all of this mess, and he not having to tell lies.

Of course then we wouldn't have had a story

5* you are one of my favorite authors

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You’re just good!

No matter the criticisms, you understand human emotion, and how to articulate it. Your stories have depth, regardless of whether or not I like the actual storyline. Thanks!

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Andre Was Immature, Tabby Was Right

First, Tabby found out about the affair (caught Charles leaving the house with a kiss), confronted her mother-in-law and the mom stopped cheating for a long time. That Superbowl weekend, Tabby finds out while her husband is away the mom is going to cheat again, so is she supposed to blurt it out over the phone while the husband is out of town?

Second, Andre should have confronted his mother and seen if he could make her stop and how serious this was. If he believed she would stop then he should have said he would keep an eye on her and the first inclination she was doing it again she would let Dad know. I would do that if a friend was cheating on his wife or his wife cheating on him if it was a twenty year marriage. If they had just gotten married then would just tell the friend and if asked advise him to divorce her.

What Henry and the mom had was a marriage of convenience. They liked each other, but I doubt Henry truly loved her either. He saw a single mother trying to raise a young son and he saw this as a way to redeem himself. She explained while she married Henry. For what they had they had something good and why get people that age go through the rest of their lives alone. Now I can understand her not loving Henry "that way", even though she loved him as a person. What I cannot understand her having those feeling for Charles.

Last, man I know Henry didn't directly cause the death of his first wife or child, but if that was me there is no way my business would have survived or I would have survived knowing I indirectly caused losing my wife and child. His second wife cheating should have been just a shrug. Shit everything else bad that happened to him for the rest of his life should have been a "whatever".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
lying

You can detect lies with absolute certainty sometimes. You know when you have, and it's never wrong. Usually it's just sheer contempt, but sometimes more subtle. It really is about trust. Lying by the person you are intertwined with is devastating. I'm glad Tab...whatever didn't cheat and his mom helped instrument their reconciliation. I'm glad he learned from his parents mistakes. It's unfortunate they feel burned out on relationships, but it's just been one year, give it a few more and they will wake up one day and say to themselves, "hmm, I should get a date."

The scope and complexity (all without pretentiousness or mental masturbation devices) puts this in what is call the epic class of stories. I bet your editor cut out a lot of stuff, and he didn't leave any gristle on the cut, but I think a few more iterations of addition and culling may have helped add a bit more without adding too much. I'm not sure this reaches the epic of the Inferno/Infernos/forgot trilogy, but it's good. Although the solvents I consumed might have an effect on how I perceived it. That story had me thinking about it for weeks and embarrassingly busting a nut in a comment on a story that briefly mentioned someone burning a house down, holding his cat carrier and watching.

One thing that really bugs me is stories apologizing or making excuses pre-emptively. It makes me want to erase it with magnets, like skynet. Stories should have little sentience at all, and should speak as if to a person seldomly. I considered hitting the back button. And that weight/hair color/disk size/CPU speed intro really made me have grave doubts about the story being more than sufficient to merely pass time. It was worth it. But maybe I'm not the only one that feels that way when they see that shit. Shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
forgiveness is devine.....

Well it's a good sentiment to strive for. But, I know if this had happened between my wife and mother they would have both been single. Not saying it's right just how it is. Putting another ahead of your wife or husband is a deal breaker. Glad it worked out for them but honestly he will never truly trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
an aside

I have always held open doors for everyone no matter the gender. Approaching a door, I would glance around, and if I saw someone within 15 to 20 feet approaching the door, I would hold it open and wait for them. On more than one occasion, the timing was such that people kept arriving into that zone and I held that door for ten minutes. Not really something I was taught, just thought of that act as common courtesy.

For decades I always believed it was appreciated. True, I was aware of the gender-gentleman rule about holding open doors for females especially those older than me.

However, societal norms shift. While elderly women have always expressed appreciation, younger ones at times appeared shocked...some would giggle a thanks...others would stop and seem confused until I said ''After you.''

I became much more discerning. A baby boomer, I have lived my adult live as feminism finally took hold and flourished. I was in 20s when I tried to not only learn to pronounce Ms...but to discern the appropriate time to use it. Both a challenge. Many actions were viewed as sexist by some females but expected by others. Simply figuring out who was paying for the coffee-lattes was tricky.

I no longer hold open doors for females my age or younger unless they are little kids.

Here is why. I was approaching a double door entry to a local technical college where at 48 I was enrolled in voc-rehab courses. I noticed coming up ten foot behind me was a 50ish professional female. Purse in crook of arm holding latte, with what appeared to be a number of folders and papers pressed between that arm and her body. In her other had she was carrying a briefcase. I opened the right side stoor and stepped back allowing her full access. My smile of greeting froze on my face when she exploded in rage and very loudly and angrily announced, ''I can open my own FUCKING DOOR!'' She put case down, opened left side door, propping with foot until she picked up briefcase. Eight foot inside entryway was another double door and single door on right wall. I was opening single door but watching her go through her process on left side double door. For some reason she changed tactic and used index finger on hand holding case to hook door pull and attempt to fling door open. She didn't give enough impetus to door and tried to scoot through turning a bit sideways...door hit her elbow, causing her to drop folders and reflexively she bent over and latte spilled out of lid all over folders. Worse yet, a couple of students had been approaching door from inside and one was looking back talking to companion when that female student went to exit building.

Next thing you know the student and the professional female are tangled on the floor with the latte flying through the air and the impact with adjoining wall dislodging the lid.

I was quite proud of myself in that I said not a word, just went throgh the door and waited until I was halfway up the stairs before I began howling in laughter.

markranemarkraneabout 6 years ago
re: An Aside

I would pay good money for a video of that sequence with the uppity 50ish woman. I definitely would not have been able to contain my laughter until the stairs...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I've read several of your stories now

You are a VERY good writer, particularly the way you structure your stories. Thanks for all the excellent reads.

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
1* !

Mindless boring drivel. The worst.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story Idea

Well told.

norcal62norcal62over 5 years ago
One of the few LW stories where the spouses actually talk to each other.

The story was hard to take, but the writing was excellent. And literate!

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
Almost didn't click on 2nd page...

That first page made little sense to me for some reason. Once you got away from that damn cliff the story started making sense. I understood his logic on his wife lying but felt that he was too harsh with her for to long. She should have stood with her husband as opposed to her MIL. But it had to be done so his angst against women could continue for 2 extra pages.

Still gave it a 4*.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 5 years ago
Bethany Carter?

From "The woman in the cave"?

This author is awesome, pity he hasn't written for more than five months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tabby was definitely cheating on Andre

It's the only reason she would lie.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A great story, although it was sad that Tabby let herself be convinced to cover for his slut mother. It was her duty to her husband to tell him that very first day that she caught his mother cheating with Charles.

If I was in that situation with my in-laws, I'd tell my wife the first minute I saw her. Why lie to protect in-laws and risk your own relationship? Andre was absolutely right to be furious that she lied about something so important... her loyalties were totally misplaced.

However, the real moral of this story is: don't date single mothers.

Henry wasted 20 years on a whore who never had the decency to give him a child of his own. She only married him because she saw him as a meal ticket and a new father for her kid. Henry should have got himself a wife who didn't spread her legs for bad boys and started his own family... he could have atoned for his first marriage that way.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Well

if she betrays him now, he has only himself to blame. Probably ought to be developing a stash of money somewhere just in case.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I get it.

She wasn't enabling her mother-in-law. She was protecting her husband. If she told him, he would have to decide whether to betray his father or expose his mother to likely divorce. Good story, but very painful to read.

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

I enjoyed this story not your normal cheating wife story very well written with a good ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I skipped 3/4 of this long winded story and still got what it was about. Cut down on the words, a good editor would help do that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A Smorgasbord Of Gray

Not very much to like in this story. The wife character should have been built out better, but as written, he's probably gonna have more trouble with her.

The mother was a much more real character, though despicable. Somehow I thought of his dad being Mr. Peterman ha ha.

Yeah, when your parents load you up with all of this idealistic bullshit there's nowhere to go but down.

Don't like drinkers and bitch talk. For the mother to say "Come off it, Andre"...just some weird uses of language - some too informal, some too formal.

Whatever. A reader wants to like at least one person in the story. There was too much preaching, too...kind of like this comment😂

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story and well written.

Anonymous 05/06/19 comments are idiotic! He obvious only reads comic book such as Mad Magazine just like Trump! He really doesn’t know how to read more than two lines of text at one time without pausing to look at the cartoon picture to understand what he just read. I have notice this phenomenon many times in the Literotica comments. Redneck Americans just can’t read for enjoyment. Also they don’t real know the English language syntax.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hard decision !

It’d be a very hard decision to make, but I believe that I would do the same as to inform the dad of the betrayal of the mom. However, I don’t think that I would be able to forgive the mom of her betrayal as I would stop talking to her for a very very long time, if not forever. Such a sad story !

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ref: 06/06/19

My vote is for Alfred E. Newman for President. I agree that the story was nicely written and it flowed well, but it was a tad wordy and could have been edited down a tad. Both comment had merit, and I believe Mad magazine was a classic. I believe Mad magazine was making a joke about Mr Newman for President, and i think Donald Trump is a joke of a President, but still is the best choice. If that isn't irony....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seriously?

Mother was a cheating parasite. Wife was a wannabe. Two worthless bitches. Go suck a dick if you disagreel cocksucker. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just....

5 star. Great.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Pity about the parents. They needed to find happiness again.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again after three years

One of the first stories that I read in LW, and still one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lying & cheating

My ex was a lying cheating bitch. I could forgive and in some cases, see through the lying, but not the cheating. So I’m my book the husband overreacted to the lie. Be upset sure, but not risk a good marriage which is what he did.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Well written kept me mad most of the time

Blood pressure workout

But really don't need it

But that's what a good story does

Gets you involved

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 4 years ago
Don't know why

The first time I read this I gave it four stars. Reading it a second time I realized I should have given you 5 stars. Very good story and I apologize for the low rating the first time.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Just saw this. Great plot. Great execution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Meh.

BillandKateBillandKateover 3 years ago

A very well written, very tough story. 5*s for excellent story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Andre handled the whole situation really badly and he is the real cause of all the pain. He should have confronted his mom straightaway which would have probably stopped her restarting the affair. The conversation that he had with her when she explained why she had the affair with his biological father should have happened when he confronted her at the beginning.

His confrontation with Tabby really shows his lack of empathy for his wife. She was put in an untenable position and obviously didn't want to be the cause of a family breakup by telling on his mom.

While it is a well written story I struggled to get to the end simply because of the way it handled the cheating situation. If Andre had handled discovering his mom's affair differently the story would still have been interesting but also would have been more realistic. No son is going to cause the breakup of his parents marriage in the way that Andre did.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
Anonymous 12/19/20 I agree.

I agree that if he would have confronted his mother as soon as he learned of her cheating and confronted his biological father at the same time it would have been more the way I think most men would have handled this shit storm that was blowing up. I'm not sure I follow Andre's logic about his wife cheating because she didn't want to be the one to lift the scales from his eyes of what his mom was up to, but everyone see's things differently. I know I sound like a broken record, but when I see obvious type o's like "when his mom cheated on his day", and it is plan that "day" is supposed to be "dad" it says to me that you haven't proof read your story. Just saying. Proof read, proof read. proof read! Doing that little thing can take a 4.55 star rating, and boost it higher in the ratings game, at least in my mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Just another pathetic RAAC story!

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago

Ignore anon 1-5-21...

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago
Another good story

Thanks.... really enjoying your stories. The twist of it being the cheating mother and not the wife Tabby had me thinking hard. What would I do if I caught my mother preparing for a cheating night out.... after thinking about it hard; I probably would haves one the same and walk back out of the house, and processes all that I saw. Then tell my dad.

If I saw my wife doing the cheating night out preparing...I probably do the confronting right away. Unless the hounds! lol

Again, thanks for your writing. Definitely putting you as a favourite author!

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

i get the wifes dilemma but her loyalty lies with her hubby 1st and shouldve told him instead of trying to hide it. not sure why that was not mentioned and he just passed that over like it was nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't know why this story is rated as high as it is. Its poorly told and none of the main characters are even remotely likable.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Last anon. It's easy to see why you can't understand the rating of this story.

You have to have something approaching a normal I.Q.

I'm certain you can find stories more to your satisfaction in the under 5 section at the bookstore.

I'm certain you could dazzle a rabbit with your intellect.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

5*

Great Take on the heating wife from a Son's Perspective

Innovative.

Kudos. Keep writing.

ScoratScoratalmost 3 years ago

OK I get it. He was angry that his wife covered for his mom and did not tell him. But NOT ONCE in this story did she give him a reason to mistrust her. OK so everything his mother ever told him about relationships was a lie. So that gave him the ‘right’ to jeopardize his own marriage??? Why? To punish himself for the mistakes of his parents?? To ‘cut off the nose to spite the face’? That’s fucked up, man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Scorat - anyone (male or female) that condones cheating by another (and that was what she appeared to be doing by lying to cover) leaves themselves open to be tarred with the same brush. To not understand that is fucked up man! Trust is is one of the three vital parts of a successful relationship. Ever tried sitting on a two legged stool?

Thank you javmor for another great story, I'm glad I found your page! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

hapmarriedhapmarriedalmost 3 years ago

You have an extraordinary talent for writing with realism and treating your readers to twists that do not betray the authenticity. I am among what I’m sure are many fans who appreciate these well-told plots that provoke our emotions, expand our viewpoints and help us better understand ourselves. Bravo!

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Just another story about a pussy.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

This story sucks because I am going to say what I have never said, this pile was too short. No way can a story of this emotional devastation be resolved in the limited space allowed. His mother was a lying garbage person and his wife covered. This cannot be covered with a few sentences. This is way way over rated and it's only because of the themes. This isn't good because it has no depth. It'd all histrionics

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I realised I'd read this story before when I go through the second page and once again I stopped reading when dre didn't confront his mother as soon as she finished the phone call. Why didn't he confront her that's what any normal person would do. It really spoils a story when authors ignore real world reactions without a credible reason. Watching and listening to his mother prepare to cheat on his father would generate a lot of anger and would cause an immediate reaction.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

ignoring cheating by others is kinda a sore point for me.. some of my friends cheat on their girlfriends but I've never told their girlfriends about it. it's not cause I would cheat in my relationship but cos I don't care much about those GFs.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 2 years ago

One of your best stories in my humble opinion.

It is never easy when you know a couple and you also know that one cheats. Do you break up, do you tell the offended party, do you try to make it stop ?

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

A very good tale. The author nails it, men have been pushed way too far and society is going to suffer repercussions. Marriage rates are falling precipitously, men get shafted by legalities. Third stage feminism is preaching daily that cheating is ok as long as the woman does it, and men everywhere actually believe this. Age a t death was parity in 1920 and has widened to 7 years now with the curve getting steeper in favor of women. Female infidelity has tripled since the 90's,and among gen x is now many percentage points higher for women. Even mundane things like disease funding are increasing rapidly against men. Death rates for prostate cancer and breast cancer are equal within a few percent. Yet breast cancer is funded more that 660 times higher. Have you ever heard any feminist anywhere suggest that women should spend 10,000 dollars on a ring for the man, yet it is all about equality. Equal pay for equal work, yet in a national survey of food servers, managers and re staurant Pros men still pay the checks in more than a ten to one ratio. Men still are always expected to initiate in social interactions, and are expected to propose. Buy if done poorly or rejected, modern laws endanger careers through harassment rules. Women , by not initiating suffer no such danger or career damage. But we have equality. Have you ever heard any feminist suggest in the name of equality that women need to register for selective service, just like the other gender? It goes on and on. The mgtow movement is growing fast. The marriage equation for men does not add up. Read men on strike or the myth of male power. Eye opening for both books.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

One more point. It is very sad that today's morality means that no one tells or simply ignores known cheating,and does not tell the damaged party. This how far we have fallen and is just as bad as ignoring an attack on the street or not intervening is bad situation like a fight. The fact is within t here lw pages, the default for most aut horse is their characters keep the secrets under some stupid sense or excuse,congrats in this case that this author actually had his Mc announce the news. Wonderful. Ther is no valid reason or acceptable excuse to do otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cliff really?!! As other. Cheating ignored is condoned. Had to quit. Too much wishy-washy.

6King6Kingover 2 years ago

NICE!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again a well written believable story with the correct ending...I do not understand why you did not have him put an immediate end to his moms affair soon as he heard the phone conversation. Any son would have to save the family. Normally your pretty realistic.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Boring start became interesting in the second half.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You never have to jump, but I know the desire.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 2 years ago
Third or fourth read through.

5-stars & Favorite

‘nuff said

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...