Star Trek Enterprise Bk. 03 - The War Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God help you, yes, I will marry you."

They kissed, then poured their jars of sand into the one empty jar until it was fully combined and impossible to separate, then kissed again. The captain reached into his pocket and pulled out two matching rings. They were both gold, but one had a large black opal set amidst a circle of diamonds while the other was a man's gold band with a carved black opal set into it. Carefully he slipped it on her finger then she did the same with the other one on his hand. Leaning close he assured her that they would have a proper Earth wedding once this war was over and they returned to their home planet. The group that had joined them in sickbay cheered and even T'Pol with her suppressed emotions clapped. For a moment she gave a glance to Trip and wished she could allow herself to pursue the one she wanted the way these two had.

"Now, once Dr. Phlox has finally released you, I'm going to take you to our quarters where Porthos is going to make sure you stay in bed. You are done for now with no more missions. As soon as it's safe Starfleet will be sending a ship to take you back to Earth. All of your belongings have already been moved."

"What? You moved my things before I ever even agreed to marry you?" she responded, amazed at his audacity. Archer only smiled back at her as he opened the doors to sickbay.

"A good pool player can think at least five shots ahead, a chess grandmaster between fifteen to twenty. I guess that's why I'm the captain," he answered as her mouth dropped open. Yes he had made a high stakes bet, but oh how it had paid off.

"You arrogant... presumptuous..." she started to say, but was too caught off guard by this revelation to finish. The captain only laughed as the door closed. At that moment she couldn't help but laugh herself as she laid back against the pillows. "Danaë D'Arcy Picard Archer. Dani Archer. Mrs. Archer." There was definitely a certain ring to the name. She quietly looked at the ring that he had placed on her finger. So much had happened in such a short period of time, yet she would not have changed a moment of it. The wheel had truly come full circle and she was exactly where she belonged. "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."

"What was that?" Dr. Phlox asked.

"Nothing," she answered. "It's just a quote from one of the many books my father read to me. I think I finally understand it."

12