Starting from Scratch Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh thank god!" Margaret gasped in releaf, and then punched him on the shoulder, "I can't believe you would do that to me!"

Thomas snickered, but only for as long as it took to lean over and kiss Margaret as soundly as he ever had before. When he withdrew she sighed in his mouth, and then he pulled the truck up to the loading zone. Opening the door, he held his hand out for Margaret to take as she dismounted the truck. She smiled at him with a toothy "your not forgiven yet smile" and then she took his hand and they walked into Val's as a couple.

Margaret could feel Val's eyes on her as she and Thomas walked into the store. Val smiled pleasantly. He never said a thing, but she saw his eyes fall on her hand clasped in Thomas's, and she knew he was judging them. Judging her. She confirmed her order with him, and then Margaret and Thomas left just a little more hastily than they arrived.

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about," Thomas reassured her as they walked down to Gina's Diner, "You're an amazingly beautiful woman, Margaret Gardener, and you deserve to be happy and loved by whomever you find will be a physical and spiritual compliment."

"Thank you, Thomas," Margaret replied with an accompanying squeeze of her hand in his. Then, she suddenly pulled to a halt and turned to him. She looked up at him, her expression was tumultuous as she battled conflicting feelings, but she gathered her courage and charged forward, "Thomas, we've been with each other for two and half months now. I... I didn't want to be the first to say this. I didn't want to be pushy. But, I can't keep suppressing my feelings. Thomas, I love you! I'm no little school girl. I'm old enough to know exactly what I want, and I want you! I want you to be my spiritual compliment, my physical companion!"

Thomas's mouth fell open from shock. He had been pretty sure of Margaret's feelings, but for her to confess so suddenly! Tears budded at the corner of his eyes and he had to sniff to suck them back in. He had hoped so fervently that she felt what she had confessed. At first he had obsessed over how much older she was than him, but once their relationship became physical all of that had flown out the window. He didn't care how old she was! She was a woman. More beautiful than most his age, and she loved him!

Margaret gasped as Thomas suddenly pulled her into a devastating hug and equally intense kiss. He held her and he squeezed her and he kissed her with all the fiery passion he felt for her, and then, he withdrew.

"I love you," He whispered, "I wasn't sure how you felt about me. I didn't want to presume since you've done so much for me. Thank you. I want you to be my companion, my compliment too."

Margaret smiled and hugged Thomas and she kissed him, but not as fiercely as they had before, and feeling like she was being watched she withdrew, stepped back a step before she led her lover into Gina's Diner. As they entered a short woman with fiery green eyes like green emeralds, and her curly brown hair cut in a pompadour, opened the door and pushed past Margaret and Thomas as she left. Something about the woman seemed familiar, but he was still feeling too distracted from the emotional high of his and Margaret's confessions of their love to pay attention to any other woman.

Margaret led the way to her usual booth, she looked out the window just to check and make sure her truck was in view, and then she turned her attention back to Thomas.

"I think I'm going to have to double up on my usual grocery list this month," She said as they waited for Leslie to come take their order, "Feeding two is a lot more food than just myself, and for some reason I have been ravenous lately too."

"Must be the heat," Thomas offered.

Margaret shook her head, "No, it can't be that, the heat usually kills my appetite."

"Hmm," Thomas hummed musingly, "Well, whatever it is, you obviously need to eat."

"Yes you do," Harlow Bengal said as he strode up to the table with a big smile and waiters apron on.

"Morning Harlow," Margaret greeted with a smile, "It's been a while since I've seen you waiting tables. By the way, this is my boyfriend, Thomas Goodseed. So, where is Leslie today?"

Harlow smiled and nodded, and then he shook Thomas's hand with a, "It's a pleasure to meet you. You take care of our girl Marg now, she's a special one."

Thomas nodded and murmured, "I will. She's special to me too."

And then Harlow's smile fell as he turned to Margaret and said, "You haven't heard? Marg, Leslie is in the hospital. Larry fucking beat the shit out of her on their anniversary. His ass is finally in jail. The kids are with their grandpa, and Leslie has been in the hospital for the last week."

"What?!" Margaret gasped. Suddenly she was pushing Harlow backward as she rushed to get out of the booth, "I'm sorry Harlow, but we can't stay. I have to get over there and see Leslie!"

"Here, just give me a few minutes," Harlow said as he patted the air, "Leslie isn't going anywhere. Let me make you both your usual Marg and you can take it with you. Also, if you would be so kind as to deliver it, I have some food to send to Leslie too."

Margaret danced with impatience, but she nodded. She sat back down. Thomas took her hands in his and she squeezed his hands in thanks. True to his word it only took ten minutes for the cook to prepare meals for Thomas and Margaret. Margaret tried to pay but Harlow waved her off saying her delivery Leslie's meal was payment enough.

Quick-stepping back to Val's Seed and Supply Store, Margaret explained what was going on and Thomas, Val, and Margaret all helped Lance and Darrel finish loading up her supplies. Thirty minutes later Margaret and Thomas strode into Leslie's hospital room.

The once beautiful and buxom Leslie lay in the hospital bed. The television was on but the sound was off and she wasn't really paying any attention to it. Leslie's face was almost unrecognizable; it was so swollen. Her left arm was in a sling, and bandages covered most of her right arm. Margaret gasped when she saw Leslie and she started crying immediately.

Leslie turned to see Margaret, and she too started crying. Margaret crossed the room in a flash and they were hugging and crying as Margaret apologized, "I'm so sorry Leslie! I would have been here sooner. I just found out from Harlow!"

Leslie sniffled as she shushed her best friend. She hugged Margaret to her bosom until Margaret pulled away suddenly and asked, "Leslie, what happened?"

Leslie started to cry again as she shook her head, but then she got control of herself after much sniffling and said, "It was our anniversary. I sent the kids over to visit their grandpa and then Larry and I went out to dinner. It was great. Larry didn't drink, for once. The food was excellent. Everything was going so well, so I told him I was pregnant. I don't understand. Larry just went... cold. He ordered himself a few beers and then we went home, and I don't remember anything after that."

"Oh Leslie," Margaret moaned as she hugged her friend, "I'm so sorry."

Leslie lost her tacet control over her emotions and started crying heavily as she continued, "The... worst part is. When I woke up, the doctor said I lost the baby!"

Leslie wailed as she grieved and Thomas found himself crying silently as he clenched his fists. Leslie and Margaret cried in each other's arms for a long time, and then Leslie moaned, "Marg, I don't know what I'm going to do! Larry is in jail, and the prosecutor says he is going to charge larry with domestic assault resulting in the loss a viable embryo!"

Marg didn't respond, but Thomas could see the cold fury in her eyes. Margaret didn't want to say anything more to upset Leslie, but no doubt she was thinking, 'Good! Thank God! Finally someone is doing something about that animal!"

When Margaret remained silent Leslie continued, "Marg, what do I do? We rent our house. I can't afford the rent. And what about all of our other bills? I'll never be able to pay all the bills and feed the kids. Hell, we were barely keeping food in the cupboards as it was. Oh, God! Marg! I know you hate Larry, but we can't make it without him!"

"Yes you can!" Margaret hissed, her voice husky with anger and determination, "Larry was barely contributing. It was you Leslie that has supported your family all this time. You are the reason you have four wonderful girls, not Larry! As for what to do, please Leslie, let Larry go. Press charges against him for all the abuse he has done to you. You don't have to worry about having somewhere to live. You can come live with me! I have plenty of room."

Leslie gasped. She looked hesitant, but she started slowly nodding as Margaret continued, "Let's get you out of here first. Then we can put your landlord on notice that you intend to vacate the house. If you want, we can put your belongings in storage, or have a yard sale. Whatever you want Leslie."

"Okay," Leslie replied as she looked over at Thomas, and then asked, "Are you sure we won't be an imposition on you and Thomas?"

Thomas shook his head. Margaret turned to look at him and her expression was pure love when she saw his response. She turned back to Leslie and she said, "No Leslie, you and your girls are no imposition at all."

As it turned out, it was Leslie's last day in the hospital, so by that evening Thomas drove Margaret and Leslie to Leslie's house. Margaret and Leslie went inside and packed while Thomas loaded the bags of a family of five on top of the supplies in the bed of the pick up truck. Then, Thomas followed Leslie and Margaret as Margaret drove Leslie's car over to pick up her children. There was a new bout of crying as Leslie hugged her girls and her father. He nodded that he understood why she was leaving and where she was going. Turning to Thomas, her father shook his hand and said in a deeply emotional tone, "Thank you for this. Please take care of my little girl."

"I will sir," Thomas promised. Leslie's father nodded, tightened his handshake, and wiped tears from his eyes before moving to help his daughter.

Leslie climbed into the truck beside Thomas since the passenger side of the cab was filled with luggage and she couldn't drive and her little car, and it could only seat five. It was dark by the time Margaret pulled Leslie's car onto the road with Thomas just behind her in the pickup, and headed home. With the sun down the night air cooled off and there was a pleasant breeze blowing through the cab of the truck.

He and Leslie sat in the truck shoulder to shoulder, and hip to hip. He couldn't help but feel her body pressing against him. Leslie never looked up, but at some point she wrapped arm around his. He let go of the stearing wheel and she moved her hand into his and laced her fingers through his. She had deliberately taken to looking downward in order to hide her bruised and battered face. She laid her head on his shoulder, and she brought his hand down until his hand rested on hers which was on her thick inner thigh.

They were nearly halfway home when she said, "You must think I'm pathetic, and so... so stupid."

"No," He replied without turning to look at her and very careful not to move his hand from hers, "I think you should be respected for what you've tried to do, and I think you deserve to be loved unreservedly and passionately no matter what."

"Respected? Me?" She laughed bitterly, "I think you mistake me for Marg."

"She does deserve respect and I love with all my heart, for better or worse," Thomas agreed, then his tone changed to warm sincerity as he continued, "But no, Leslie, you are an amazing woman. You dealt with a horrible situation, and no woman, wife, or child deserves to be abused. By strangers or family, especially family! And being mad, bitter, or just out of control is no excuse. When Larry married you he took a vow to love, cherish, and protect you and your children, and instead, he betray your trust by becoming a monster! So, no Leslie, I do not think you are stupid or pathetic... I think you are amazing!"

Leslie forgot herself as Thomas shared his feeling with her. Her mouth hung open, and tears ran down her cheeks. She pulled his hand further into her lap bring his hand right against her her pussy. Thomas almost protested, but then she kissed him tenderly on his cheek, and he realized she hand not meant to make a move on him. He tightened his hand on hers and she reciprocated.

'Oh God! Did she know his hand was on her pussy? Did she know he could feel the heat of her body through the thin denim material of her jeans? Did she realize she was pressing her enormous breasts against his arm?'

Finally, she looked away but not before saying, "Margaret is so lucky to have you. I've never envied her before, but now I do..."

Thomas didn't know how to respond to that, so he let it be, and he was very careful to not open his hand that was currently sandwiched between her thighs and pussy!

----(!)----

When Margaret and Thomas got home with their new family consisting of Leslie, sixteen year old Cheyenne, fourteen year old Lauren, twelve year old Hannah, and ten year old Gwyn, Margaret took everyone on a tour of the house starting with the back porch and the mud room.

"...I don't care that Thomas is here and might accidentally barge in on you," Margaret said in a tone that brooked no complaint and everyone better be paying attention, "If you are dirty from working or playing outside, you shuck off your shoes and your clothes right here. If needed, I will get little signs saying occupied by girls, however, you will leave your clothes in the laundry hampers and then you will take a shower or bath, whichever you prefer."

Leslie's mouth opened and closed several times as if to object, but she decided to keep her peace and address her concerns to Margaret later, in private. Margaret moved on to the bathing room which got a mixed review from the teenage girls, and then they were led to the bedrooms. Thomas had already moved fully into Margaret's room, so there were four rooms. As it turned out Leslie took Thomas's old room. Cheyenne and Lauren each got a room of their own, and Hannah and Gwyn shared the last room. It was a welcome upgrade from the three bedroom house Larry and Leslie had rented. The kids laughed and happily carried their clothing to their rooms while Margaret and Thomas helped Leslie.

Once everyone was settled, Margaret and Thomas made dinner for everyone, and for the first time ever Margaret opened up her dining room. In the center of the room was an old circular farm table able to seat ten. It was of a unique design in that the center of the tabletop rotated. It could be spun around so that anyone seated at the table could easily reach any of the food or drink set upon it, and for the first time ever, Margaret had enough family gathered in her house to warrant using it!

It was a somber group that sat around the table.The girls would occasionally laugh and giggle, but it took only one look at the green and purple bruises of Leslie's swollen face to quiet the levity. Leslie sighed, and Margaret tried to engage everyone in conversation. The only thing to come of that effort was anxious questions from the girls about their home. Where were they going to live? What about school? And, what about their friends?

Thomas noted that not one of the girls so much as hinted at asking about their father. He caught a look from Margaret and he could see that she had caught it too. Poor Leslie, she may have sacrificed herself to protect her girls and keep the family united, but her daughters were done with Larry and probably had been for a long time now.

Later that night, after Thomas and Margaret washed the dishes, Thomas laid in bed with Margaret as she curled up in the crook of his armpit and rested her head on his shoulder. The windows were open to allow the cool night air to circulate through the room. Thomas was naked, and so was Margaret. Her breasts pressed in his ribs and Thomas's hand rested on her uppermost hip and ass-cheek. It was late, almost midnight

Margaret was combing her finger through the hair on Thomas's chest, running her hand down his belly and then grabbing and playing with his dick and testes. Thomas was willing to go further but he was waiting to see if she would make a move. She hadn't so far and he wondered if she just wanted to cuddle after such an emotionally taxing day. She sighed loudly. He hated it when Heather did that. It was always a supposedly subtle signaling that she was unhappy about something and he was supposed to investigate it by questioning her, also subtly, and fix it, which almost never happened.

"What's bothering you, my love," Thomas asked.

"It's nothing honey," Margaret sighed exaggeratedly.

"Please," Thomas begged as he moved to push Margaret onto her back before rolling on to his side. He propped himself up on an elbow and looked down into Margaret's big brown eyes, "Please don't do that. Heather does that, and I hate it. Please, just talk to me. Tell me what's wrong. If it's something I've done, then I'll apologize. If it's something I can fix, I will. Just tell me, and let me help if I can, and if I can't, well then, at least we can carry it together."

Margaret stared up at him for a long few seconds, and then she smiled and caressed his cheek as she replied, "Oh Thomas, I'm sorry. I'm restless and I can't sleep. So much happened today and my life feels like it's been turned on its head and spun about. I... I've fallen for you. I am so in love... with you, Thomas Goodseed. And now I'm scared. It just dawned on me at dinner, sixteen year old Cheyenne is closer to your age than I am. She's younger and more vibrant..."

Thomas had to count on his fingers to do the math of how much younger Cheyenne was than him. Eight years. She was eight years younger than him. Then he shook his head and grabbed Margaret's chin with his thumb and pointer finger and tilted her head up so that her mouth was pouty and expecting, and her eyes were locked on his.

"Heather is only four years my junior." He said it with such significance Margaret was sure she was supposed to understand what he meant but she didn't, then he continued in an intense whisper, "Margaret Gardener, I love you! I don't care how much older you are than me. I much rather be with a woman that is mature enough to know exactly what she wants, and stick to it. I've already done the silly little girl that is still exploring who she is and what she wants. I don't want a girl that wants to sample every plate of food on the buffet table. I want a woman. A woman that sees the buffet table and knows exactly what she wants. She goes over, picks up her plate, gathers her meal, and never strays or even wonders; hey am I missing out because I didn't try the pork loin, or the garden salad, or the turkey and dressing? Margaret Gardener, you saw me on the street when I was at my lowest, and you knew what you wanted. You brought me home and you brought me back to life! So, Margaret Gardener, you don't have to worry about a thing, because wherever you go, you are the only woman I see. I am yours, if you'll have me, for as long as I live. And besides, Cheyenne, seriously, I would rather not go to jail and be branded a pedophile!"

Margaret's eyes glittered with unshed tears. Her smile was brilliant and unwavering, as she pulled Thomas on top of her. She spread her legs, opening herself to her sweet sweet lover, and she purred, "Make love to me right now!"

Thomas grinned. He and Margaret had been having sex multiple times a day every day and night for weeks now. Thomas's sexual partners and experience encompassed Heather and Margaret. That was all. However, he counted himself fairly adept as a sexual partner, and Heather was no slouch. Much of what he knew, he and Heather had learned together. Margaret on the other hand, she was a sexual savant! He struggled to keep up with her and he was always trying to do his best to satisfy her. One thing though he had learned a long time ago with Heather, though he hadn't used it so far with Margaret, was that there was a difference between having sex and making love.