Steampunk Harlots Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ving moved her hips more vigorously and started a soft moan as she leant back to give him an eye full of cleavage. She stared him in the eyes and smiled as he suddenly burst inside her as she flicked her hips up and down with an impressive display of muscle control. Resting on his lap still looking him in the eyes, Ving grinned.

"Maybe two," she conceded.

She stood up and remained over him a moment to give him the privacy to put himself away. While she blocked the other patrons' view, she adjusted the cloth she pinned inside the skirt to clean herself up. Going over to the bar when he was finished, Ving smiled at the new arrival. The woman was almost starting to show her age but she was still an elegant beauty. Behind the bar, Ving cleaned herself better while the woman just smiled and shook her head.

"I don't know how you can do that," she said as she laughed.

"This helps," Ving replied, taking the wad of bills out from between her breasts and put them in the slot of the bar that lead to the lockbox.

"Oh, I mean being able to tell a man you are going to finish him and just doing it. Won't he be upset that you left him?"

"If I read him right, he will be quietly impressed, and after some good-natured jibes from the other men, he will pay five times as much to 'show me what he's got' in an hour or so."

"And here I was about to just make a run for it. How did you get so smart?"

"Harsh lessons from the great teacher known as life. Also listening in on almost every conversation on this ship between ports."

"Sadly my life has been rather limited. Married off young... too young... kept in the house for most of my years. Husband spent all his time working or raising my boys. Now they are all off to war. I get freedom for the first time in a long time, and too alone to leave the house. I heard about a ship docking where the women could be hired for companionship. Don't think I quite realised what that meant until I saw you. Naive, I know. Hope I didn't make a fool of myself. Not quite sure how to act here."

"I have my own history of not knowing how to act. I let someone I trust tell me what to do. Just met her really. No reason to trust her other than the fact she seemed to want to care for me."

"What does she tell you to do?"

"Well... you might not be ready for the specific things I do for her." Ving blushed slightly, and when the lady realised what Ving meant, she blushed as well. "But I think the core of it is that you need to let go of the things that are hurting you for a while and let me take care of it."

"It would be nice to pretend my problems are not mine for a while." She glanced over her shoulder at the men sitting around.

"We can go somewhere more private if you like. The front deck might interest you."

"That would be lovely."

Ving showed her to the front deck where their target practice range had been taken down. She nodded at one of the guards to mind the front door. The woman set her rifle down inside the bridge and unfastened her jacket enough to show she wasn't wearing anything underneath. Ving smiled at how eager the new girls were to work on the ship, and wondered if she could simply just snag one some time to fool around with. Until then, Ving concerned herself with the woman she was seating. She considered the tragedy of such a woman whose beauty remained with her over so many years being so isolated during her prime.

"Now, I'm not so talented that I can guess what is causing you the greatest troubles. Perhaps you can simply tell me what feels like the worst."

"My sons being away. My husband never cared to listen much to me, but my boys loved to talk. Of course, they grew older and had less time for me. Their father always taking them off on some exciting adventure. He is a good father, and whatever faults he had, he loved our boys and took care of them. I write them letters but I don't know what to say anymore. I can only ask the same things so many different ways before it sounds hollow. Their letters make them sound miserable and afraid, and it worries me."

"The first thing that comes to mind is to tell them all the things you used to talk about with them as kids. Old jokes and funny stories. They may be men, but feeling like a kid would do them well. I never was a soldier, but when I used to race, I always felt alone and wished I had someone to talk to. Even if it was the boring most mundane thing in the world. Get out of the house and go to events and shows that they would be going too if they were home. Tell them about it."

"I... never thought about that."

"They need to feel like there is a constant, stable force they can count on. That needs to be you. Make them believe that."

"I will. Thank you. Not the type of thing you usually do, is this?"

"Goodness, no. Normally, if I'm using my mouth this much, it's between someone's legs."

"Oh my." she blushed again with a smile. "It's been years since even my husband..."

"I'm more than willing to help you feel good in any way that you want."

"Really? But you are a woman."

"Believe me when I say that we can fit together a lot better than you can imagine."

"I'm not sure that's quite what I want. Yet... maybe after a few more drinks, I might be..."

Ving smiled and got up to get a drink. On her way back she almost bumped into Hannah getting back.

"Perfect! Just who I need. Come with me."

"Ving, I'm happy you are taking charge with me, but we don't have time with a boat full of clients."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that. I just need some input."

"An odd way of saying that. Less so, once you hear what I have now."

"No, I... Neither of us are quite making sense to the other. I need your experience as a soldier to speak with a client whose sons are at war and needs advice on how to deal with it. What are you trying to say?"

"I have a thing that fits inside us like a cock but it vibrates like our washer machines do when we sit on them. Only faster and at different settings."

Ving paused. "...Bring it. The client is a woman."

Ving brought Hannah quickly up to speed before getting to the front deck.

"This is my friend Hannah. She spent time serving and can provide a much better perspective than I can."

"So lovely to meet you. I am Lady Harriot."

"And I, you. Ving was right about what to tell them in the letters. What I'd suggest is what you should send with the letters. Food. Good food they can trade and share. Only things that will last, but things that taste better than what they are getting. More than they can eat on their own. Nobody lets the man who brings the good stuff do anything dangerous."

"Well, I can certainly afford that. Meats and such?"

"Yes, anything packaged or in a metal tin. No glass. That keeps breaking. Also socks. Send a bundle of good ones that dry quickly. Tobacco and other medicines as well. Foot powder, clean bandages, pain pills for headaches, and of course, hip flasks of alcohol. Then ask about anything else they might want. Get the names of their squad, and get their own families to send stuff. If they can't afford it, then cover it for them."

"This will really help them?"

"Them and you. They get to feel privileged and taken care of. You get to do something to help. Neither of you feels alone."

"Alright. I will do it." The Lady downed her drink. "Thank you, both. But I believe Miss Ving here owes me an educational experience."

Ving smiled and Hannah opened up the case she had been carrying. The long smooth shaft had a knob at the end with notches surrounding it. Hannah whispered quickly to Ving.

"Take her into a room. This will make her loud. The knob is set to slow, just press the button in the middle to start and stop. Clockwise to make it faster."

Hannah entered the lounge to see Ving go off with the client and Emma return with a wide grin. Then a voice attracted her attention from the door. The guard tugged at Hannah's elbow for her attention.

"Excuse me, miss. I'm not here as a client but I have been informed that this vessel is a brothel?"

The man wore a well travelled, but still sharp, suit. Hannah knew an investigator when she saw one and usually ended up avoiding them on sight. Except for the one who thought she knew a suspect that she would only speak about after he satisfied her. That was a fun time. This man was at least ten years and twice that many fistfights past his prime.

"This is a merchant vessel operating under its own law."

"I understand that. My point is that you are paid to have sex with clients, correct?"

"Clients who value their privacy and safety. Since you aren't a client, I can't guarantee your safety."

Hannah was pleased that the guard at the door had retrieved her rifle, but less pleased she had done up her jacket as well.

"Now, Miss. I don't believe there is any need for threats. I'm investigating criminal activity and simply wish to ensure it is not taking place on this ship."

"I could be sacrificing virgins to the old gods of the sorcerer emperor and blessing the hull with their blood. It would still be legal to do so on this ship without external interference."

"I... goodness woman. I'm not sure this is an entirely called for response."

****

Down below decks, Foxy was giggling while walking patrol.

"What is it?" Conna asked.

"I think I know what the Captain... er... Leftenant sees in that Hannah woman. She just got back and is giving attitude to some investigator who showed up." Foxy replied

"Not listening to the sex anymore?" Conna twirled her chestnut brown hair in her fingers as she teased her friend.

"Punk girl is getting some disappointingly uninspired sex from a man who thinks 'oh yeah' is dirty talk. The racer is with a woman and something is buzzing like crazy. They seem to enjoy it. Easy is with two at once, having trouble breathing, but her wings are fluttering like she's happy."

"It's killing you that we can't do anything while on duty, isn't it?"

"You now know why I'm paying attention to Hannah and the front door."

"When the rest get back, we can play a bit and work things out."

"Fine. Probably not allowed to occupy the girls while they need to work anyways." Foxy sighed wistfully.

"Yeah, hands off unless we are in the air."

"Like how you crawled under the blonde captain's dress already?"

"I was just going with the flow. Whenever one of us got frisky back in the base, we all just jumped in. Figured that's just the same here."

"I don't think it's normal but wasn't really frowned upon."

"Good, because the redhead tasted great, too. I want her again." Conna licked her lips at the memory.

"I think she's with the racer. Or something."

"That doesn't seem to be a limiting factor on this ship. I will just grab her sometime when she's not on the clock."

"I want to see a client. The man you girls got me with last year seemed like it was a chore for him. Kind gesture, but I want a man who wants to do me with a smile on his face."

"Yeah, we promised him he could have every other girl in the squad once if he did you first. The fairy and elf seem to have no issues getting some, so you should have it easy."

"They also look a lot more human than I..." Foxy, suddenly alert with her weapon ready, gave some quick gestures. "..do. Not sure how well it's going to go for me."

Conna moved forward with the rifle ready, following her friend's direction, carrying on with the conversation as though they weren't alert to any danger. "They have to pay extra for them. Worst case scenario is that you get normal rates."

Foxy followed her ears and took position near the rear service door, facing away from the side of the ship that was against the dock. "Honestly, I'd bed a dozen men for free right now. So that's not really a downside for me."

Walking back down the dorm hall as if returning to the patrol route, Conna kept talking. "Well, we'll just see what the deal is for us seeing clients. I kind of like the dozen men at once idea."

Letting her voice carry down the hall before returning to the corner near the rear area just outside the engine room, Conna got ready to support her friend. The door unlocked almost on its own before it opened slowly. Foxy watched as a head appeared and looked around. When the covered face met eyes with hers, she slammed the butt of her rifle into it.

****

Liddy walked with her client who seemed convinced he was being cheated out of his money. He insisted on rewarding her for her aid and had a perfect idea. Walking through the market, she noticed a few items she would have accepted but her client carried on past them with purpose. Liddy was horrified when she finally saw what it was. Emberborn in shackles bound to poles, in cages, and on stages being displayed. It was a slave market. She knew places like this had to exist, but felt sick at the reality of being in one.

"Now I'm going to go have words with the manager here. You go pick out something you like. Not sure who in their right mind would want to fuck one, but maybe you can get something to clean for you." He marched off to deal with business.

Liddy felt suddenly very sick that she had let a man so dismissive of the lives of the Emberborn inside her body. She pitied the slaves she had met for belonging to such a man, but she was pleased she was able to bring a bit of joy to their lives. Now before her were dozens if not more who deserved to live free lives. People walked by them, touching them, telling them to do things and show off their bodies. Some would ask the slavers questions about skills and others about temperament.

The Emberborn endured this hardship with their pain in their eyes. Despair, resignation, fear, grief, and all the worst feelings in the world were in their eyes. Some were being led away by their new owners while others were being brought out for display to replace those sold. Briefly, Liddy wondered just how many people she would have to kill to rescue them all but, given the dozens of slaver guards in view at any time plus those brought with the buyers or just working for the city, it would be impossible short of having an army of her own.

She took a moment to compose herself and accept that she couldn't save them all, but she had a chance to save one of them. Most would be taken to be maids or labourers. Most, while attractive, wouldn't be used for sex because of the taboo surrounding it. She needed to find the one who would suffer worst of all. Logically that would mean the one nobody wanted to buy. Liddy didn't know how they got rid of ones like that, but doubted it was pleasant. With a goal in mind, she checked away from the main clusters of activity and found herself walking around the loading bay where they brought in food and new 'stock' to sell. There she found a large glass box, and within it entirely submerged in water was a woman.

Her skin caught the sun in a dazzling flurry of colour like a rainbow. At first, Liddy thought she was dead. Her eyes stared off unfocused at the space in front of her. Yet she saw the mouth move slightly and the sides of her neck pulse as flaps of skin opened up. The woman had gills like a fish, and her unique skin colorization was from the millions of tiny scales she had covering most of her body. A body that Liddy was quite impressed with. A fine feminine figure of well-toned muscle with breasts much like her own. Though Liddy knew she would never make someone work for her like that. Easy was happy and friendly with a well-adjusted personality. Emma knew what she was getting into and seemed eager and turned down her offer when she suggested she might want to wait before working. This woman seemed broken at the most basic level, and doomed to whatever fate awaited her there.

"Pretty colours, right?" A slaver approached.

"Very. Is she responsive?"

"Not anymore. At least not very much," the young, freckled, red-headed man replied.

"What happened?"

"Always a problem for us. Talked back, swore at us and buyers. Constant escape attempts. Beatings didn't work and without fur, scars show up so we couldn't do our usual methods. So we put a bunch of electricity into her tank and that shut her up. Had to do it a few times but now she's quiet."

"That leave anything left?" Liddy hid her disgust and rage inside.

"Yeah. She can still walk and fetch things. Cleans her own tank every night. As long as it's not too complex, she can do things for you still."

"She can live out of the water?"

"Yeah. Only really needs it a bit every day, but we have been keeping her in the tank more often than not. Made her easier to guard. She comes up for a breath of air every few hours." He indicated the top of the tank that was above the waterline.

"How long has she been here?"

"Six months. About five longer than she should have, but one of the torturers, who runs the market as well, liked playing with her so he kept her around like a challenge piece."

"Where is he now?" She asked, planning on making a serious attempt to kill at least the worst person she could find. "Losing his job, amongst other things," he said, nodding off to where Liddy saw her client lifting a cleaver to bring down and take the hands off the man the slaver indicated.

His grim work done, Liddy greeted her client with a smile. She still hated him and wanted him to suffer, but he punished someone worse so she let him live.

"That was unpleasant. But you were right. Altered the sale prices of mid-range slaves. I'd have noticed the big money slaves being skimmed from on my own and the low-price slaves have a minimum value. This isn't the one you want, is it?"

"It can clean, I have a bath on board, and it sparkles in the light. I have a limited space, so I prefer my assets have many functions."

"It's yours," he stated. "You there, bring this thing to her vessel and see her there yourself. Save the lady a walk."

"Yes, Sir!" The slaver responded in a clipped tone.

"Good day, M'Lady. I shall speak well of you and your talents. Even though my sampling was interrupted. Hope you are satisfied."

"I was satisfied before we left." Liddy smiled thinking of his slaves who did the deed. "This is a magnificent way of sending me off. Good day."

He gave a slight bow as she returned a curtsey. She turned to the slaver who already had a waggon approaching. Several big bulls and a bear came over, sweating with the heavy workload of the day. All Liddy saw were several more Emberborn who would do a good job mounting her. She considered she might have a fetish for them now. Getting into the carriage that arrived soon after with the slaver, they set off to the docks. Liddy had a plan.

"She might make a good fuck toy as well," Liddy suggested to the slaver. "I have a fairy and an elf on board who bring me in good coin when I sell their bodies."

"Really? You can do that?" He seemed surprised.

"Of course! My ship is my law. Don't you enjoy the pleasures of your own stock?"

"No, ma'am. At least not beyond our eyes. Strict rules. Most our stock are virginal. Even if they aren't, we say they are. Can't have one of us getting caught and have the whole thing get ruined. Probably shouldn't have said anything."

"So say most men before they taste my flesh. Seems like so many tasty specimens must leave you craving the body of a woman."

"You could say that," he said, getting closer. "What's a man got to do to fill his needs with you?"

"Wait till we are on my ship, where the law says you can have me for the right price. Of course, I might only ask you for a token amount."

Liddy flirted and teased all the way back to the ship, where they pulled up to the service entrance at the rear of the ship, far from the lounge. Getting out, she directed the bulls to place the tank on the docks and open it. The water flooded out and covered the docks as Conna came out of the ship to greet her.