Steph and Don

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

I didn't sleep very well that night. Wondering how Steph would react to being with me weighed heavy on my mind. Mostly, I wanted her to hear me out and accept my apology. I needed to get that off my chest. I was tired of dealing with the guilt for the way that I had treated her. I wanted her forgiveness. Then I could forgive myself.

Lurking in the back of my mind was the possibility that we could start seeing each other again. I would have to see her demeanor first. There was always the possibility that she didn't want any kind of a relationship.

I got to the clubhouse about fifteen minutes early. I didn't realize how nervous I was till I sat down. The waiter came up and I told him I was expecting someone and would just have coffee till they arrived.

Right on time, Steph came walking in the door. She saw me immediately and walked toward me. I stood and helped her with her chair.

"Hi, Steph. Thanks for coming."

"You're welcome, Don."

"Something to drink?"

"Some tea would be nice."

After the waiter brought her tea, I sat there wondering where to start.

"Steph, I had this speech all prepared and I'm having all these thoughts running around in my mind. I don't know where to start."

"Just tell me what's on your mind."

"Mostly, I want to apologize for the way I treated you the last few years we were together. I don't really blame you for leaving. I was a horrible excuse for a husband. Simply, I took you for granted. The guilt has been eating away at me since I did some serious thinking about it."

"It's all water under the bridge, Don. I know you were doing something you loved. I couldn't really ask you to give it up. It was something you had to do for yourself. You would have resented it and it would have driven us apart in the end. I wanted more and you weren't able to give it."

"You're partially right about it, except, I wasn't in love with what I was doing. It was like an addiction. The harder I worked the more success I had. The more success I had, the more I wanted. And you're right, I would have resented it if you had insisted I give it up."

"After you left, I just tunneled deeper into it. I told myself you didn't understand what I wanted to achieve. I told myself it was for us, when it was really for me. It took me a while to figure it all out and I feel terrible about it."

"Please, consider yourself forgiven. It's not something I think about now. It's all in the past, and best forgotten."

All I could do was smile.

"I am curious about one thing. How did you overcome the micromanaging part?"

"Oh, that's a good one. I had an epiphany of sorts. It's kind of embarrassing."

"I stared out relearning how to sail. It had been a while and I was pretty rusty. So, I stayed out on the water, determined to be the best sailor on the planet. It took a while, but I got pretty good at it.:

"I was back in port cleaning up after a week out on the water. I found myself surrounded with cleaning supplies, on my knees in front of the toilet. I was cleaning it with a toothbrush. I fell back, laughing at myself, calling myself a fool."

"Oh my God. You had the cleanest toilet on the planet. Too funny."

"That was when I joined the yacht club. It gave me something to do. After that, I forced my self to do nothing. I would sit for an hour listening to the radio, or reading a book. Then I got into watching movies and quizzing myself about them. That made me pay attention to them. It took a while, but I began to enjoy it."

"Joining the yacht club must have been fun. A hot guy, with money, on the loose."

"Well, I'll just say I know what a Wildebeest feels like when it's surrounded by a pride of lions. The married women there think it's great sport to play cupid."

"There's another thing I need to bring up."

"OK, I'm listening."

"I sold my company for twenty six million dollars. I want you to take half of it. You helped make the company what it was. You deserve half."

"Oh my God, Don. That much, really?"

"Well, I gave everyone a bonus to hold them over in case the got dropped. I had no idea what the buyers were going to do?"

"Let's put that aside. I don't know what to think about that."

"Ok. The money's there if you want it."

"I can't imagine not working. I really like my job."

I glanced down and saw the heart she was wearing. She saw my eyes as I looked at it.

"Third anniversary."

She smiled.

"Oh my God, you remembered. I wore it because I was thinking about the good times we had at first."

"I thought back to that too, many times. Beat myself up a little over that."

I sat a minute before I asked.

"The last thing I want to do is interfere in your life. I know you have a boyfriend, but if it wouldn't cause you any trouble, I'd like us to start seeing each other. You know, just casual stuff. Maybe lunch now and then, or something like that."

"I'd like that, Don. Now that you're not tunneled into making millions, I'd like to get to know the new Don. You're different now."

"As far as me having a boyfriend, I don't. I'm not seeing Kevin now."

"Oh, really?"

"It was that exhibition he put on for you at the mall when he walked up and marked me as his territory. We were what I would loosely call friends with benefits. He thought there was something more. I ended it that day."

"How about we do dinner Saturday night. We can eat here and you can see how the yacht people live."

"The yacht people. Are they different that other people?"

"They mostly talk about sailing or their boats. It's a nice friendly atmosphere. I think you'll like it. The food is great and on Saturday nights they have a pretty good dance band."

"So, it's dinner, drinks and dancing, huh?"

I chuckled.

"Ok, Saturday night it is. You'll pick me up, like on a regular date."

"You're messing with me. Yes, a regular date. You'll need to text me your address."

She looked at her watch.

"I have to go now. I'm meeting Liz for a little girl time at the mall."

I smiled.

"She'll be wanting a full report, right."

"Smarty pants."

We got up and walked out. When we got to her car, she turned.

"It's nice seeing you again, Don."

"Nice seeing you too. I really like what you've done with your hair. The blonde highlights look good."

"Thank you. I'll see you Saturday at about six?"

"Six it is."

She surprised me with a little hug and a kiss on the cheek. When she was out of sight, I did a bunch of fist pumps. I'm gonna get her back, but this time I won't fuck it up. She will be number one all the way.

A guy walking by gave me a funny look.

***

Promptly at six, I ran her doorbell. When she opened the door, I'm sure my mouth fell open. It had been a long time since I had seen her all dressed up. I was stunned.

"Jesus, Steph. You look amazing."

"Thank you, Don. It's just an old rag I picked up at the Salvation Army store."

"Yeah, right."

"Let me get my purse, I'm ready."

I watched her walk away, her dress hugging her ass. It brought back memories of when I held it while I was filling her with my cum. I shook my head, trying to clear those thought from my head.

You're getting way ahead of yourself, I thought.

I held the car door as she got in. Her dress hem was about four inches above her knees and she showed me the top of her nylons as she sat down. Memories of how I used to caress those thighs came back. I wondered is she was doing all of this deliberately, with thoughts of us getting back together. If she was, it was working.

At the Yacht Club, we were greeted by Mario, the host.

"Good evening, Mr. Ruhle. What's your pleasure this evening."

"Hi, Mario. We would like dinner and a please reserve us a table near the dance floor."

I slipped him a twenty as he showed us to our table. I swept my eyes over the room and noticed lots of eyes on us. Some were women I had taken sailing. I could see their reaction on their faces.

"Who's this bitch. What does she have that I don't. She won't get him. He'll dump her too."

We both kept the conversation during dinner and dancing on the light side. I deliberately didn't talk about sailing. I was planning on asking her to go when I thought the time was right. I was sure the upgrade to a trimaran would really surprise her.

It was like we were both feeling each other out. I know was. When we were dancing, I didn't try to clutch fuck with her. I remembered her jerking her arm away from Kevin and how she ended it when he got possessive. I decided to let her be in control.

Our date ended on her doorstep with a quick kiss on the lips. I drove back to the marina satisfied that it went well, mostly because she agreed to go out again next weekend.

***

After the dinner at the marina, I decided to slow things down a little. So, I met her at the courthouse and we had lunch in the cafeteria. We were walking down the hall and I could feel all the eyes on us. I leaned over and whispered.

"I think we're being watched."

She chuckled.

"You think?"

While we were eating, I glanced around. Quite a few people quickly looked away when I made eye contact.

The next weekend it was dinner and dancing. A quick kiss on her doorstep ended the evening. I was waiting for the right moment to make my move.

There's a look women have that is unmistakable. It's the look of love. I hadn't seen it yet but I had hopes.

Somewhere in our sixth week of dating, I picked her up Saturday morning. There was a craft fair I wanted to take her to at a park near her apartment. When she opened the door, I saw that look. She almost jumped in my arms and planted a kiss on me. My arms went around her and I pulled her close. Her breasts mashed against my chest and she pushed against my cock. A shiver went down my spine. I knew then we had arrived. It was time to make my move. I was going to take her sailing.

Wednesday, I met her outside her courtroom and we went to lunch. While we were eating I made my move.

"Do you have any plans for this weekend?"

"No, do you have something in mind?"

"Yep. I have a surprise for you. I'll pick up up Saturday morning at eight."

"That's it? A surprise and you'll pick me up at eight. No hints?"

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I gave you a hint and you guessed it. You'll just have to wait."

"Aw, come on. Just one little hint."

"Nope. Nope. No hints."

She looked at her watch.

"You meany. I have to get back. I'll see you Saturday morning, eight sharp."

"OK, one little hint. Casual dress."

"That's a really crappy hint."

I gave her a peck on the cheek and walked away.

I knew she wouldn't bring a swim suit, and I didn't want her wearing some that had been left from the other women that I had taken sailing. I searched high and low, collecting them. I found four. They all went in the dumpster as I headed for the shop next to the restaurant.

I found two that were nice, one red and one yellow. One was a thong and the other was a bikini. The tops didn't leave much to the imagination. They would be hard pressed to cover her Areolas. I deliberately left the price tags on them. I would let her choose. I had hopes for the thong. I spent the rest of the day cleaning up and getting everything ready for the weekend.

At three minutes to eight, I knocked on her door. She opened it, standing there with that look on her face.

She was wearing a pair of those suburban housewife shorts. The beige ones that reach just above the knee and have those baggy legs.

"Hi, Steph. Ready for the big surprise."

"You rat. I've been trying to figure it out. Not a thing comes to mind."

"Perfect. That makes it all the better."

It was about a twenty minute drive to the marina, and the conversation was light. We were a couple of miles from the marina when it hit her. She started bouncing up and down in her seat, clapping her hands.

"Oh my God! We're going sailing. Perfect perfect perfect."

"Bingo, you win a cookie, but that's just part of the surprise."

"Don, no fair."

She started jabbering about how long it had been and how much she enjoyed sailing. I just let her ramble. We got down to the pier and she reached out and took my hand, pulling me along.

"Easy girl. You're gonna hurt yourself."

She didn't slow down, and I could see her looking ahead, searching for our old monohull. We got next to my trimaran and I stopped. She gave me a quizzed look.

"Here we are. This one."

I pointed to it. He mouth fell open and her hand went to cover her mouth.

"Oh my God, Don. What have you done. It's beautiful.

"Umm, I upgraded a little."

"It's so big. How long is it?"

"It's a forty feet.

"Windjammer. I like that. Good choice."

"Come on aboard. I'll show you around. Then we'll get underway."

"Oh my God. This is so neat."

As I helped her onto the float, I looked around. A few eyes were looking in my direction.

I could hear them thinking, 'Yeah, There's Don. Got himself a new one.' I chuckled to myself. If they only knew."

She stepped down into the cockpit, moving her eyes around, trying to take in everything. I unlocked the cabin door and indicated for her to go in.

"Don, It's so beautiful. That wood paneling is amazing."

I slid back a panel, exposing all the electronics.

"It has a few more electronics the old boat. I'll show you all of it later."

"Wow, the galley has everything. You could cook up a six course meal. This is definitely an upgrade."

She walked forward and opened the door to the main bedroom. The queen size bed was the main attraction. She looked at it, turned toward me and blushed.

"A queen size bed, huh?"

"Umm, yeah. All the comforts of home."

"Ready to get underway?"

"Heck yes. Let's go."

"You still drink coffee?"

"Oh yes. I'll start some. You go do your thing."

She picked up the two swim suits from the sofa. She held up the thong and blushed again. I turned away and switched on all the electronics. The ship to shore radio was busy so I turned down the volume. I hit the starter for the Diesel engine and heard it rumble to life. All the gauges came up to their normal readings. Going topside, I grabbed the boat hook, and untied the lines to the pier. I pushed the bow away from the pier. Back in the cockpit, I waited till I was clear and eased ahead. Ten minutes later I cleared the marina. I pushed the throttle up till we were at eight knots. Just then Steph came out with two thermal mugs in each hand. She handed me one and kissed me on the cheek.

"I can't believe it. We're sailing again."

"Feels good, huh?"

"Better than good."

I just smiled at her. We both knew what we were thinking. She sat beside me, our thighs touching. A shiver went up and down my spine.

"We should catch some wind a few miles out. Then I'll show you how all the sails go up. It's different on this one. The builder added some stuff to make it easier to sail solo. She has an autopilot and a set up for a wind vane. All the latest tech.

"Wow, you really did upgrade."

"I was pretty much living onboard, so it all came in handy."

"She has all the creature comforts, for sure."

"It's like an expensive RV that floats."

She chuckled.

"Here, you take the wheel. See how responsive she is."

She stepped up to the wheel looking like a little that got a new puppy. I had to smile. A few minutes later she said, "Oh my God, Don. It's like a sports car. This is amazing."

"Now you see why I was all but living aboard."

"I would be too. This too nice."

"Hold this course, I'll set the sails."

"Got it. I want to see how it's done."

I went forward and released the jib. Back in the cockpit I wrapped a line around the winch and it unfurled.

"OK, kill the engine and raise the prop. See that switch. It's prop up and down."

I coiled the line for the jib and hung it on the winch handle.

"OK, now the main. Watch this."

I wound a line around a capstan and hit the switch. I pulled the line and the main slowly unfurled out of the main mast. It pulled tight and filled with the wind. I could feel her pick up speed.

"Now we're cooking."

"Wow, Don. This setup is way better than hand cranking the winches."

"Us engineers are always coming up with new stuff."

"This is so neat. I've forgotten how much I like this. Thanks so much for taking me out."

"I don't know if it's the salt air or just being away from the noise of the city. Maybe a little of both."

"I don't want to analyze it. I'm just enjoying."

"Stay on this course for another twenty minutes. We're running into the wind. We'll need to tack."

"Am I over steering? She responds so quickly."

"Maybe. Just use about five degrees of rudder. She'll turn on a dime."

"OK"

An hour later...

"It's warming up. You ready to get some sun?"

"I sure am. Time to get rid of this milk white body. I'll go change."

I suspected she would choose he bikini instead of the thong. When she came back she proved me right. I lifted the seat behind the helm and pulled out a foam pad.

"This will keep you off the canvas, and I have some spf 50 sunscreen. Don't want you to cook."

"I'll need it. It's been a while."

"You lie down, I'll be right there to do your back."

She smiled and blushed a little. She knew what was coming. I watched her climb out of the cockpit admiring her beautiful ass. It had been a year since I had seen it. It looked better than I remembered. I waited till she finished doing her legs and top. She laid down on her stomach and I knelt beside her.

"You still know how to fill out a bikini, Steph."

"Don! Just do my back and behave."

"Yes Dear."

I untied the string across her back and heard a little intake of breath. A squirt of lotion in my hand and I slowly rubbed it around. I hears a little gasp. Another squirt and I moved down, getting closer to her butt. One more squirt and I saw her tense up. Undaunted I worked my way down. I wanted to untie her bottoms, but I knew it was too soon. I got to her waist band and stopped. I smacked her on the butt cheek.

"There ya go."

I saw her butt cheeks clench.

"Thanks."

"My pleasure."

She chuckled.

A while later she got up and came back into the cockpit.

"Getting hot out there. I need to cool off."

She sat on the seat behind me. I locked the wheel and turned around.

"Steph, I need to talk about something."

"What is it, Don?"

"It's about us. I know we can never have what we had a long time ago. I think there's a good chance we can build something new. I want to try."

She stood up right in front of me. Not saying a word, untied her top and let it drop. My cock twitched and started filling with blood. Then, he untied her bottoms and let them drop to the deck.

I reached out and pulled her to me. Her breasts mashed against my chest and her stomach was against my cock.

"Steph..."

She pressed a finger to my mouth.

"Shut up and kiss me."