Still Waters Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Evangeline smiled. "Ms. Lexi, you should call. She'd love to hear from you."

Lexi smiled, "I will. Now, as soon as you are settled, you have to visit me and meet my Boaz."

Evangeline smiled and Declan beamed. Deacon excused himself, and Dallas was concerned. He excused himself and went to find his oldest son. Declan and Evangeline met several pack members and they loved his new mate instantly.

"Come on Evangeline, let's get you settled. You're staying with us tonight. Tomorrow night, Alpha Levin will give you a private apartment. Deacon, stay here with your dad. Evangeline is tired." Tia explained, and the two left.

Evangeline was nervous. She had no idea how to approach a conversation with her mate's mother. Tia said something that made Evangeline stumble.

"I used to be a hooker." Tia blurted out.

Evangeline froze. "What? When?"

"When I was younger, human, I had no choice. It was the only way to survive." Tia explained.

Evangeline was confused. "Why are you telling me this?" She asked.

Tia stopped walking. She looked around. "I want you to know that we are all the same here. No one is better than anyone else. I'm no different from you or the next person, so you don't have to be nervous around me."

Evangeline relaxed. "So Declan tells me you are a nurse."

Tia smiled, "No, I am the head of nursing at Bayou Medical Center. I actually monitor all of the nurses on staff."

Evangeline smiled. She liked her new mother immediately. They were a lot alike. At her job, she too was often more qualified than people in many of the positions. Evangeline sobered. "I quit my job."

Tia kept walking. "Good, they didn't deserve you anyway. Now you can do what you really want to be doing."

Evangeline stopped. That sounded a lot like what momma was trying to tell her. "Come on, Evangeline. Dallas and Declan will be home shortly, and then we won't have a chance to talk." Tia called. Evangeline smiled and joined her new mom.

Meanwhile, Declan and Dallas left to find Deacon. Declan didn't say anything, because he'd rather wait to see if Deacon would tell their dad the truth.

Dallas waited, "One of you tell me what's going on." He demanded.

Declan and Deacon shared a look. "Dad, I got a girl pregnant at Jackson." Deacon confessed.

Dallas paused. "Deacon, are you sure. I thought Fair Weres could not get someone pregnant?"

Deacon sighed, "Momma isn't white. So that makes me mixed. Anyway, she isn't keeping it. She'll abort later in the morning."

Dallas was frozen. "You agreed to this?" He demanded

Deacon looked forlorn. "Dad, she decided. She doesn't care how I feel."

Dallas was speechless. Love what's wrong? Tia sent.

I'll tell you when I get home. We need to talk to the alphas. Dallas replied.

The three men went to the alpha home and Lakota talked with them. Lakota called Ryelle, and the alpha confirmed Deacon's story. "Thank you, Alpha Ryelle, Deacon will be back at Jackson post haste. Have someone pick him up.

Dallas stood. "Alpha, I'm going with him."

Lakota took a deep breath. "Dallas, maybe we should..."

Dallas spoke. "This man threatened my son. His daughter has decided to harm my grandchild. I am not sending my son to deal with these people alone. I'm going with him."

Lakota nodded. "Talk with Tia. If she agrees, then your flight leaves in an hour."

Tia, I'm going to Jackson with Deacon. I won't let this girl kill our grandchild Dallas sent.

Dallas, watch your temper, and be safe. Tia replied. She knew that once her mate decided to protect his children, nothing and no one would stop him.

Dallas and Deacon flew to Jackson.

"Jebutu, Deacon will be here within the hour. What do you want me to do?" Ryelle asked.

Jebutu sighed, "Get him to that clinic. He needs to stop her. This is his child and he needs to fight for him. Olivia is making a terrible mistake."

Ryelle nodded. "Jebutu, I know this is hard on you, but this is the right thing to do." Ryelle whispered.

Jebutu nodded. Decades ago, Cecily took his son from him. He never knew that he had a child. He would not allow his daughter to do the same thing to another man. If she didn't want the baby, then she could allow his father to raise him.

The end of chapter 5

I'd love to hear what you all think. Please feel free to share your thoughts.

12