Still Waters Ch. 10

Story Info
Olivia meets the Gaines alphas. Simon talks.
5k words
4.61
3.5k
8

Part 10 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everyone.

So the story continues. I tried to spice this chapter up just a bit and I hope you appreciate it. I certainly hope you enjoy it, and please share your thoughts.

This entire chapter is dedicated to a dear friend of mine, Jim. Jim believed in me and my ability to write even when I doubted myself. He has been one of my biggest cheerleaders. Thank you Jim, because you never gave up on me.

So ladies, gentlemen, I present the latest chapter of Still waters. All characters are over 18. Hope you enjoy.

IR2R

***************

Chapter 10

Deep inside the hidden alcove of a small city, two men talked. Decades of secrets were shared between the two men, including an action that caused everyone's life to change in an instant. Bertrand stood, recalling those dark days.

Symeon returned to the compound covered in blood His wolf had a dangerous loo in his eye. So far gone was he that Bertrand feared he'd gone insane and attacked helpless humans. There was only one thing to do for a raid wolf, and Bertrand was not prepared to end the life of his pack member. With his trusted betas by his side, he commanded Symeon to shift back to his human form. At first it seemed as if he'd resist the alpha command So Bertrand issued the order a second time. Upon his second command, Symeon shifted. He then collapsed, crying uncontrollably and told Bertrand and Alfonso what he'd done.

Symeon seemed to be in a daze as he shared his adventures with is alpha and fellow beta. Weeks earlier, a group of men from the society of Charlotte attacked some of their women. Most of the women escaped, save one. She was trapped. Although the women tried not to leave her, she told them to run, get the men. Those women barely escaped with their lives and ran for miles to get back to the compound and send help. Symeon was who they encountered first and he took off. They had her They had Bertha. He had to find her and bring her back home.

One female was left behind event though the others tried not to leave. She was raped and beaten repeatedly and then later dumped to the edge of the forest where she came home battered and bruised. Symeon stayed with her for three days. He refused to leave her side. He also vowed the monsters would pay. Bertrand ordered Symeon to not retaliate, but he did not understand the damage the men paused. Ignoring the alpha command, Simon sought revenge against the men that hurt the love of his life. His actions led to them fleeing.

Simon, have you told Bertha why you left years ago? Alpha Bertrand asked his most reclusive pack member. Symeon Roundtree was a very important member of the pack even though he did not realize his importance. Often other males watched him and modeled themselves after him. Decades ago, when they relocated, leaving Bertha was the hardest thing Symeon ever recalled having to do. Sadly, back then he'd be lynched if they ever learned he killed three members of Charlotte society.

Yes, and she understood. She carried that secret for many years. I want her to let it go now, but she's had it hard alpha. She may not be able to trust so easily. Times have changed alpha. I want to leave the past in the past. Simon replied.

Bertrand understood, but he also knew that secrets always had a way of coming out. "Love, why are the two of you looking so tense?" Serene, Bertrand's mate, asked. She knew that these two men had history, but Bertrand would never betray the secrets of one he called friend.

Simon looked away. He stood and walked to the window. As he gazed outside, he saw the people of Bertrand talking, laughing, working. He could imagine having a home here with Bertha if she'd give him a real chance and if she'd leave Jackson. However, he knew the past still colored her present.

Serene waited. Finally, Simon spoke. "Bertha, the only woman to hold my heart. She's Bertha DuPont now, she mated with Willie DuPont and honestly I can't hate the guy. He was what she needed, from what I've heard of him, he understood her like no one else. He is one of the treasons I stayed away until now. If I had made my presence known decades ago, I wonder..."

Serene stood and walked over to Simon. Decades had passed since Bertrand decided to split Jackson. He told her as much as he hated leaving, to protect his pack members, he had no choice.

Serene listened. "Years ago, Simon, you killed those men to protect the pack, not just Bertha. Those men were vile, and from what Bertrand has told me, Bucks was the worst of them. Bertha was not the only one her hurt. Nothing would have been done to stop him, but you did. And you stopped others that thought and acted like him. She could have left with you, but she chose to stay. You could have mated her and forced her hand, but you respected her wishes and let her stay. When she chose a mate, you stayed away because that was what she needed. Now, Simon, what do you need? Think about this, had you not stopped those men, she would have suffered more than one rape. She'd be raped continuously and possibly murdered, or worse yet she'd be accused of some fictitious crime and sent to prison. You did what you had to in order to protect them; you all did." Serene interjected.

Simon was shocked. She defended his actions so vehemently, that for once in years he felt as if maybe he was not a bad guy after all.

Bertrand cleared his throat. "Go back, talk to her. Tell her the truth about your feelings. I know Bertha and she will listen. Willie is gone and she is still a young woman. He would want her to move on, find a new mate. Besides, you really think she never had affections for someone else. He was not a dumb man, Simon. I knew him. He was wise beyond his years. Now tell her how you really feel. Right now, you're trying to play the role of friend, but we all know she will never be just a friend to you. You have to tell her the truth."

Simon sighed, "Alpha Bert..."

"No, listen to me, on this I'm right. I should have insisted that she come with us back then. I knew that you loved her, but she needed to stay with Alfonso. You and Alfonso are so much alike it's scary. The two of you helped shape this pack. It was the two of you that helped it to develop and grow strong enough to be able to branch off from Jackson. In all honesty, you could have challenged me and took over as alpha years ago, even now if you chose." He paused. Simon looked furious. He'd heard rumors but Bertrand never had to question his loyalty.

"Stop scowling, I know you'd never dream of challenging me. Even when I asked you..." Bertrand stopped.

Serene gasped, "When? When did you ask him too?" she asked.

"Babe, it's not important. He refused to anyway, then went and beat the crap out of the pack members that were causing the dissention." Bertrand explained.

"Was this over the twins?" She asked.

Bertrand smiled, "How did you know?"

"I'm your mate. I know when something has you upset." Serene answered. She stood, "I'll leave you two to finish. Dinner is in thirty minutes, so hurry up." She left. Simon laughed. "You are truly blessed."

Bertrand smiled, "I know, now you have to go to Jackson talk to the future Mrs. Roundtree and bring Bertha home."

****************

At Jackson, things were not as calm as everyone thought. Many saw Bertha's blossoming relationship with Madam Alpha Tasha as a threat.

"Why does Alpha Madam spends so much time talking to her?" Aggie Amelia, one of the ladies at Bertha's post grumbled one day. Soon several women chimed in. "She has Madam Alpha thinking that she does so much, let's make her look like an imbecile and see how long this friendship last." Aggie suggested.

The other women shared a look they had no problem with Bertha, and did not understand the animosity coming from Aggie.

Aggie Amelia Jackson never really liked Bertha, Even before she mated with Willie DuPont, Bertha was never someone she tried to befriend. As a matter of fact, she tried to make Willie break up with Bertha before they mated decades before.. She didn't really want him, but he'd probably still be alive if he didn't have to deal with her and her meanness.

The women listened to Aggie day after day. When Bertha would come to work, Aggie made sure she was next to her. She talked to her like she was her best friend. She even made lunches to share with Bertha. Bertha accepted her kindness, but was well aware of the other female's animosity towards her. One day when the day ended, bertha waited until everyone left and decided to talk to Aggie. She knew her offer of friendship was insincere and wanted to find out what she planned.

"Aggie, cut the crap. You don't like me. We both know this. What are you doing?" Bertha asked point blank.

Aggie was surprised. She'd made it her business to be nice and befriend this heinous woman. No one could accuse her of ever being malicious towards her.

"Bertha, what are you talking about?" Aggie feigned. "I've been nothing but cordial towards you. How dare you accuse me of..."

"Save it chick, I know you. You don't spend a century hating someone and then decide they are your best friend. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but baby I ain't the butter knife. What are you up too?" Bertha demanded.

Aggie sneered, "You'll see. This time tomorrow, you'll be banned from this pack." Aggie laughed and then walked out. Her words startled bertha then she remembered her dream about the snake. She had been warned. Bertha watched her smirk and then walk Aggie away proudly. That stupid woman has forgotten who she is threatening. It's time for the gloves to come off, and remind her of who I truly am. Bertha thought, as her nemesis laughed in the distance.

However, she was Bertha DuPont. Maybe she'd softened over the past few since losing her mate, but she had not changed. She's deal with Aggie before talking to Madam Tasha. If Madam Tasha felt she needed to be punished, then she'd deal with whatever she deemed appropriate. Fright now, she had to remind the people of Jackson that Bertha was not a woman to mess with, starting with Aggie Amelia Jackson. She was a distance relative of the alphas but that would not protect her from the burn she was about to feel from bertha.

Bertha smiled slightly, she was still the woman she had always been Now she'd use her true nature to deal with this nemesis once and for all.

*****************

Olivia sat on a private jet, her heart racing, her palms sweating, but the child beneath her breast moved and comforted her. "Hey, you'll love Wildwood It's near the city and there is so much to do there." Declan explained. Olivia nodded. She wasn't thinking about the city, she wanted to make her understand the pressure she felt. Soon, the plane approached and was about to land. Olivia's heart felt as if it was about to explode in her chest.

As the plane touched the tarmac, Olivia stood to exit. As she walked outside, she was greeted by a cool Louisiana breeze, and the air smelled so fresh. They entered the airport, where they were greeted by members of the Gaines Pack. The men retrieved and leaded their luggage as they talked to Dallas about his visit. Olivia was silent. Soon they arrived at Wildwood and went straight to the alpha home.

The house was amazing. The people were friendly and greeted them kindly when four people walked in. They greeted Dallas and Declan immediately and then their attention turned to Olivia.

"You are simply beautiful, " I'm Alpha Madam Margaret, and this is my Sister Alpha Madam Reina. These are our mates, Alpha Lakota and Alpha Levin."

"Hello, I'm happy to meet you." Olivia spoke softly. Declan had already explained that he had four alphas but she wasn't sure what to expect.

"Come, you must rest. Tia is at work and the men need to debrief. Let's have a snack." Reina and Margaret whisked Olivia off to the dining area. Olivia was speechless and then Margaret said something that made her relax immediately.

Olivia sat, nervously awaiting questions from both Madam Alphas.

"Are you excited?" Reina asked.

"Excuse me?" Olivia replied, confused.

"Questions about the baby, about being here at Wildwood?" Reina clarified.

Olivia exhaled. "I'm actually nervous, but I'll be ok." She replied softly.

Margaret laughed, "Listen young lady, you are family. You are the mother of one of our pack members that makes you Gaines. Now I know Jackson is home, but we want you to see that Gaines is home too. Come on, you must be starved, let's eat."

A young lady entered. "Harriet, please bring us some frit and a beverage please Olivia needs to eat and I won't have it said we starved a guest."

Olivia laughed, still nervous. She waited. She knew they'd want to know why she considered abortion. Margaret and Reina shared a look. "Listen little ne. We all have found ourselves in a dark lace. We make decisions and often at the time it's the best we can do. We are aware of what you thought about doing and honestly we both understand. Never think that we are going to judge you and hold your past against you

"I couldn't do it, but I was so scared." Olivia whispered.

"Well, you don't have to be scared anymore." Reina assured her. No one will ever harm you or DJ here."

"DJ?" Olivia asked.

Declan, Jr. of course. You weren't aware that the twins had a pact." Margaret teased.

"Wait, what pact?" Olivia asked, wondering what she'd gotten herself into.

"We'll let Declan explain. Here they come now." Reina added, smiling. On cue Dallas and Declan entered the room followed by the alphas, Olivia smiled, but the way Alpha Lakota looked at her made her shiver on the inside. The only thing that calmed her nerves was when Declan sat beside her and l[placed his hand on her knee. Margaret, Levin, and Reina noticed her reaction immediately. It seemed as if both Deacon and Declan had found their mates in the Jackson pack.

Do you see this? Margaret sent.

I want to talk with her. I need to know that she won't make rash decisions where my people are concerned. This child is Gaines. Lakota declared.

Reina, Margaret, and Levin agreed. No matter where they resided, all three would be considered Gaines.

"Hey, are you OK?" Declan whispered, clearly aware of the anxiety Olivia was feeling/

"I'm fine. Your alphas are intimidating." Olivia whispered, "But they seem fair."

"Well young lady, it seems that everyone here is fascinated with you, let's meet the rest of the pack. Declan, Dallas, join us." And the group walked outside. Many people were gathered waiting. They all knew that Declan was bringing a young woman home, and were curious. An audible gasp filled the air. She, like Evangeline, was a dark were. Soon, a jubilant sound arose as everyone wanted to be the first to welcome Olivia to Gaines. Only one stood back. She watched the beautiful girl and new she hid a pain that she did not need to carry. Lexi would meet her, but only when the time was right. Right now, she needed to see Tia. She sensed that her sister was going through some emotional turmoil.

Tia sat in her office. Dallas called and told her they were home. He really didn't have to call she felt his presence the moment his plane landed. The young lady, Olivia returned with them. Tia sighed, She remembered what Evangeline said the day before leaving. She swore she'd give Olivia a chance, but the idea of her thinking of destroying her grandchild tainted her picture of this girl.

Tia, I need to talk to you before you go home. Lexi sent.

Lexi, Declan is back and he brought home a guest. I really need to get home. Can I stop by tomorrow? Tia asked, knowing Lexi would understand.

Ok, but remember, you were young once when you talk to her, Lexi sent with waves of love.

OK, I'll be nice. But Declan is my baby. Tia teased.

Bo stood on the porch of his home. He needed to talk to Lexi. She'd become a new person since becoming a Werewolf, but she was still his mate. He wasn't sure of much, but he loved his Lexi even if she was a different woman now.

"Bo, come inside. I know you're standing outside." Lexi called softly.

Was today the day? Was he about to tell her he wanted to leave? Years had passed since she became a wolf and her mate cooled towards her. When Bo entered, Lexi sat down.

"Tell me," She demanded. "I deserve the truth." Lexi whispered.

"I love you, Lexi Anne. I've always loved you, even this new you. But I'm not a young man and you are beautiful. I've seen the way the men watch you. I've watched you smile and laugh with them, but now you never smile for me. I don't want to lose you, but I'll be damned if I stay and be made a fool of. Lexi, have you found another man?" Bo asked

Lexi was shocked. She knew something was bothering him, but another man. How could he think such a thing? Is he serious? Is he trying to hide the fact that he's met someone else? She checked their bond. It was still there. Sending Bo love, he gasped.

"I would never do something like that. You've held my heart since I was a girl and that has not changed. But I don't excite you. You never touch me, hold me, or spend time with me like you used too. Why is that, Bo?" Lexi asked.

Bo steeped forward. "You don't need me. Before, you needed me."

"Bo, really. You leave for work early. You come home late. When I stop by to see you, you are often smiling at women at your job. At first, before, it never bothered me, but those women are not like us. They are human, and you are a man. Are you interested in someone else? Is that where this is coming from?" Lexi asked.

She looked so innocent, so much like the Lexi before the change. Bo sighed, "I'd hurt myself before I even look at another woman. You're it for me Lexi girl. I always want you but do you want me, need me?"

Lexi smiled and caressed his cheek. "I will always need you." Then she gasped as she was tears create a track down his dark cheeks. She kissed him as he lifted her, carrying her into their bedroom.

"You are my king. I know I've changed, but I'm still the same girl that used to follow you around. When I look at you, I see the man that I promised to love forever." Lexi reassured her mate.

Bo smiled, "Well, it seems I've been remiss in my duties. " Lifting Lexi n his arms, "Girl, let me show you what this old man can do." For the rest of the night, Bo and Lexi loved each other.

Later as Lexi lay spent, satiated, and more than satisfied. She told Bo something that made him smile. "Bo, I want another baby. I know we had complications with Alexia, but I was human. We're more now. Let's make a new pup."

Bo laughed, "Baby girl, I'm ready willing and able." He teased as he slide between her thighs once more entering her tight sheath and reclaiming the only woman in a dance shared by true lovers.

Lexi gasped, he felt so much bigger and he seemed to go deeper and deeper. Then Bo stopped.

Lexi, he demanded, shift. She was surprised, he never wanted to make over in wolf form, but something in his tone told her that this was something he needed. Immediately Lexi shifted and Bo wasted no time mounting his mate and ramming her swiftly and forcefully. He had never been rough with her, and he was not rough this time just more forceful than usual. Lexi came hard, so hard that for a moment everything went black. When she woke, Bo was holding her chuckling. "Ah, so you are back, I didn't know you were a fainter, love." He teased.

Lexi smiled, "I didn't know my mate could be so unrestricted. I need to see that more often."

Bo smiled, "Babe, anytime, anyplace. You tell me when you want it."

Lexi smiled then she remembered. She needed to talk to Tia. "Babe, I've got to go,"

"Wait, girl you can still walk. I didn't do the job right." Bo grumbled.

"Babe, my knees are jelly right now. If this was not important, I'd stay here with you. I'll be back shortly, but I really need to see Tia before she goes home;" explained.

12