Story Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think so. We had some others taken that day that I put in a photo album. I know everyone has digital albums now, but I prefer looking at prints."

She smiled then said, "Guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

"Would you show them to me?" he asked, that same look in his eyes that made her feel lightheaded or dizzy or...something.

"You'd be so bored."

"I promise I won't. I'd really like to see them."

"Gimme a sec."

Lynn returned with a thick album and sat beside him and laid the album between their legs. She opened it and explained who was in each photo and where it was taken. Josh asked questions and took such an interest in her photos that a half hour passed in an instant.

"That was incredible, Lynn. Thank you for sharing that with me."

"Thank you for letting me. I...I wish you had one to show me."

He pulled out his phone and said, "New-fashioned guy here."

She laughed at the play on words and moved closer to see as he scrolled through several hundred pics of Emma, Mia, his family, and his time in the Navy.

"Underwater welding. Wow. I've never even gone scuba diving."

"I could teach you," Josh offered. "I've kept my PADI certification up for years, and am fully qualified to teach classes. I just don't have the time."

He looked at her then said, "And I've never had a reason to."

"I'd like that," she quietly replied as their eye locked.

"And I'd so like to kiss you again," he said even more quietly.

"Then please do."

A soft, short kiss turns passionate, and when Lynn realized the house was silent she was on her back with her arms around Josh.

"Hold on," she said.

Josh raised his head and understood.

"It's dead silent."

He got up, offered Lynn a hand, and the two of them went to Lucas's bedroom. He and Mia were both on the floor sound asleep, a small puddle of drool under the boy's open mouth.

"Looks like Lucas sprung a leak," Josh teased.

"He's so much better now. When he as two and three he'd go through a bib at every meal. I mean...gushing!"

Josh chuckled quietly as they stood there looking at their children.

He looked at Lynn's hand and she put hers in it and moved closer.

"Why does this feel so right?" Josh asked almost rhetorically.

He let go of her hand and put his arm around her as she put hers around his waist.

"I'm not sure, but it really does feel that way, doesn't it?"

He then lowered his arm and moved in front of her and put his hands on her waist.

"Lynn? Do you believe in fate or destiny or something like that?"

Again, her eyes were darting back and forth as he spoke.

"I don't think I've ever thought about that. Do you?"

"I don't know. I've never given it any thought, either, but is just pure coincidence that we're both...alone and both of us have children about the same age, and...."

When he brushed her back, her knees went weak again, but her eyes remained fixed on his.

"I am so insanely attracted to you that I don't have words," he told her.

"That's exactly what I was thinking. About you."

He smiled, tilted his head a bit then said, "You think I'm attractive?"

Lynn's eyes opened wide as she said, "Duh! You're...gorgeous."

She finally broke eye contact then said, "I...can't imagine why you feel that way about me. Don't get me wrong. I'm flattered to be sure, but Josh...I'm forty-th...."

He stopped her by kissing her then whispered, "I don't care, Lynn. At all. I just want us...."

He pulled back and looked at her for a moment.

"I just want to be with you, and if you even feel that way a little bit then...."

Now it was her turn to silence him.

"I do feel that way, Josh. And more than a little."

The tension between them was thick it could have been cut by the proverbial knife. They knew that if they didn't stop this now there'd be no stopping it at all.

Josh moved back then looked at his watch before saying it really was time to go.

"Yes. We need to get the kids to bed. Or rather...in a bed."

She scooped Lucas up as Josh pulled the covers down for her.

"Night sweet boy," his mother said as she kissed him on the cheek.

Josh picked Mia up and Lynn brushed her hair out of her mouth.

"She's such a sweetie, Josh."

"I'm so blessed to have her."

"Yes. Same here. I can't imagine my life without Lucas."

That same 'energy' returned so they stopped looking at one another which gave Josh a chance to head toward the door.

"Thank you for having us," he told her as she unlocked it.

"My pleasure."

"Well...good night."

"Yes. Good night."

He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, and as she closed the door Lynn wondered if things had suddenly changed. Was she only imagining there was something more between them?

She stood there for a few seconds then moved away when she heard a quiet knock. A quick look through the peephole answered her question as she opened the door.

"Did you forget something?"

"Uh-huh. This."

The way he kissed her sent her mind reeling, and were it not for Mia being in her carseat asleep she'd have given herself to him right then and there.

As their lips parted Lynn whispered, "I haven't been kissed like in forever."

Josh again brushed her hair back then said, "It's been that long for me, too."

"So what now?" she asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"Come to our house. Tomorrow. We can have dinner and talk about SCUBA diving lessons. Or...whatever."

"I...we'd love to."

"We'd love to have you."

"Then we'll be there."

They were both smiling as Josh continued the game.

"And we'll be waiting for you."

Another shorter, but still passionate kiss followed before he left for good.

Lynn's head was swirling and her emotions were out of control as she tried to understand how Story Time had turned into...this.

Too wound up to sleep she sat in her favorite chair trying to wrap her head around what she was feeling to see if it was real or just some passing, physical fancy. Two hours later she still had no idea and didn't really care. All she did care about was seeing this very handsome, younger man tomorrow night.

She saw a digital clock across the room and laughed.

"You mean 'today', right?" she said to herself before finally getting up and going to bed.

Saturday night's dinner turned romantic the moment Lynn arrived. As Lucas went running off with his new best friend, the two grown ups stayed by the door and kissed and held one another for a good minute or so before they even moved.

In some respects it was a repeat of the night before only with more passion and a lot more kissing. The kids even caught them once, and what they said made their parents laugh.

"See! I told you my daddy loves your mommy!" Mia exclaimed.

"And I love you!" Lucas told Mia.

Their parents' eyes opened wide as the two children ran off hand in hand.

"That's so sweet!" Lynn said, her hand in Josh's.

He looked at her and said, "I think we're a family."

Lynn put her arms around him and told him she agreed.

One year later Josh asked her to marry him, and their dream became a reality.

*****

Lynn learned to SCUBA and eventually got her own PADI certification. Craving more family time, Josh quit his job and he and his wife bought a dive shop from a man who'd owned it since the late 1970s. He was ready to retire and travel, and Jeff and Lynn Lucas needed to settle down.

They tried to have another child, but for whatever reason nature wasn't on their side. They were disappointed, but they had so much to be thankful for they chose not to focus on the one small, dark spot on an otherwise happy and full life.

The shop had been profitable when they bought it, and because of their care and attention to each diver who came through, the business grew even more and eventually expanded into deep-sea fishing.

The same was true for their love as neither of them ever took a single day for granted, knowing what could happen at any given moment.

Their losses were now behind them, and while they would always love their late spouses, they spent their time enjoying each moment with the new love of their life as they watched their children--and their love--grow with each passing day.