Streets of London Ch. 02

Story Info
Josh finds work and determines to expose Tom's infidelity.
17.4k words
4.72
1.9k
4
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 09/01/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a few more weeks, Josh started to feel in a rut with his job search and decided to try a new tack. After breakfast and showering on the Monday morning, he put on his suit, with a smart shirt and a designer tie that Tom had lent him. He left the house and made his way to the High Street to visit the job agencies in person to see if this would improve his chances of finding employment.

He had mixed fortunes; finding some that would not even see him without making an appointment whilst those that would, advised him that there was little point in going to the office as he was already registered with them online. They assured him that they were putting his cv forward for any vacancies that they thought suitable and that they would, of course, contact him if any promising leads came from it.

Having planned on spending the whole day in this endeavour, Josh felt rather crushed when he had seen the last of the agencies by lunchtime. He was, at least, partially solvent now, with the regular gigs at "The Saracen's Head" and with Lucy refusing to take any money from him for his keep until he had a "proper" job. Nearing the end of the High Street, he realised that he was close to Lucy's sister's place and decided to drop in for a bite to eat.

As he approached the door, he was struggling to remember her name; he knew it began with an A - Amy? Alice? Alison, that was it and, if he remembered correctly, she preferred to be called Ally. He opened the door and smiled at her behind the counter, approaching as he viewed the menu.

"Hi Ally - it's Josh, in case you didn't remember," he told her, as she smiled back.

"Oh - I remember - well, I must say Lucy has worked wonders with you, you look a real treat compared to that first time. What can I get you?"

"I think I'll have the ham and cheese toasted panini and a cuppa, please," he stated, getting a tenner from his pocket.

"Look, I know you're still unemployed - have it on the house," she responded, as she placed the order through to the kitchen.

"No, no - I insist - I'm kinda earning at the moment - doing gigs at The Saracen, I get decent money from there so I don't need handouts," he passed the note over the counter and Ally gave him his change. "You should come and see us some time, if you fancy an evening out."

She smiled at him, "Yes, Lucy mentioned them, said you were really good and something about some girl singing with you."

"Yes, Shannon - she's got a great voice - I can't understand why she hasn't made the breakthrough yet - but I'm glad she hasn't - I can't sing for toffee so I need someone who can and with her looks, well, I think the guys sometimes just come to look at her as she moves on stage."

"Yes, I seem to recall Lucy mentioning something - what was it she said? Oh yes, dresses like a whore and flashes her panties. I guess that would pull the men in. We've been meaning to come along but our usual child-minder has been unwell and we want to make sure she is fully recovered before we let her near the kids," Ally responded.

"Oh - Lucy never mentioned you had a family - congratulations," he remarked as he took the panini from her and started to walk to a table. He was about to take a seat near the window when he spotted a familiar face - it was Amy from the pub. He walked over to where she sat, nursing a cup of coffee.

"Mind if I join you?" he enquired, "I could use some company."

She sniffed as she indicated the seat opposite her and as he looked closer, he could see she had been crying.

"Are you okay, Amy? What's the matter?" he asked, as he sat down opposite her.

"It's my boyfriend, he's broken up with me - found some other girl," she sniffed, as she dabbed at her eyes with a hanky.

"If he's that stupid, then he doesn't deserve you - you're a cracking girl and you're so nice as well - not like that Shannon. You'll soon get another fellah - hell, every time I'm at the pub I see them all eyeing you up - you'll have your pick of replacements, Amy." He bit into his panini as he watched her.

"Thanks - that's kind of you, Josh - it's just that I thought he was the one - we'd been together for eight months and this is the first I knew that he wasn't happy," she told him, as she sipped at what looked like a cold coffee.

"Do you want a fresh cup? My treat," he offered.

She looked into his eyes, "You don't have to - we barely know each other, why would you be so kind?"

"Hell, it's only a coffee and I like you - well, what I know of you - in fact, I'd like to get to know you better," he stated, as he got up from his seat and went to the counter. "What do you want?" he asked, as he reached Ally.

"Could I have a Mocha Latte, please?" responded Amy.

As soon as she spoke, Ally swooped into action, preparing the coffee for her.

"Want a slice of cake, or a biscuit, to go with it?" he enquired.

"No, really, you don't have to," she answered.

"A slice of the lemon drizzle as well, please," Josh ordered, remembering back to when Amy had brought a lemon drizzle cake into the bar to celebrate her birthday.

As he returned to the table carrying the cake and coffee, he was greeted by a happier looking Amy, her eyes still glistening from the tears but a genuine smile on her face.

"You're a breath of fresh air, Josh - you really are a good friend to have," she accepted the cake and the coffee and immediately set about the lemon drizzle, with the fork provided.

"I know what tough times are like, hell knows I've had enough of them myself - I hate to see people - people I like - upset. Your Martin is a complete fruit cake, giving up a gorgeous girl like you - I hope he gets dumped soon and realises his mistake."

He sat down and finished his panini and drank his tea, his eyes frequently looking across at Amy. For her part, she was aware of his glances, which made her feel a bit brighter. She liked Josh very much, ever since that first day in the pub.

"Aren't you and Shannon an item?" she enquired, before taking a sip of her coffee.

Swallowing his latest mouthful of tea, Josh looked across the table at her. "Shannon is a law unto herself. Sure, I won't lie to you, we've had sex twice but the last time was three weeks ago. She's a strange girl, sometimes all friendly and flirty, other times as cold as a wet fish. I'll be honest with you; I don't know where I stand with her apart from the fact that we seem to be a semi-permanent act. I'm thinking of telling her I'm fed up with her games and that we should just be a duet, no personal attachment, just so I can move on."

"You know her and Geoff were an item a couple of years back?" she asked.

"No - no, I didn't - I know he warned me off of her but I didn't realise it was from personal experience," responded Josh, "I guess he got burnt, did he?"

"Well, I wouldn't put it quite like that. Geoff is a bit of a player, himself - he even tried it on with me when I first started at the bar - if you ask me, those two deserve each other," she took another sip of her coffee, "Thanks again for being so kind - you really helped me get out of the doldrums."

Finishing his tea, Josh checked the time on his phone. "I'd better get to the shops; I need to get some ingredients for tonight's dinner. You want to talk some more, give me a ring - you've got my number, haven't you?"

She nodded as he left, finishing her coffee and leaving the café a few minutes later.

As he went around the supermarket, buying what he needed as well as a bottle of wine and some beers, Josh thought about his conversation with Amy. Now, there's a girl more like my Lucy, he thought; kind, honest, respectful with a good sense of humour, not to mention stunning looks and a good figure.

He paid for his purchases and made his way back home, letting himself in and taking a quick shower before starting to prepare dinner. He was whistling "Shallow" as he worked his way around the kitchen, the latest song he was thinking of adding to their repertoire. His mind kept switching back to his conversation with Amy but he decided that it was too soon to suggest a date, she needed time to sort out her emotions, she would be too vulnerable now.

He heard the door open and Lucy was soon in the doorway, smiling at him, "You don't have to cook every night, Josh," she stated, her nostrils taking in the pleasant smells emanating from the pans on the stove. "Tom's gonna be late tonight. We'll probably have to eat without him - is it something that can be warmed up later?"

"Yeah - probably won't be as nice but still edible," he responded, looking at her, framed by the doorway.

"Okay - well, I'll go up and shower - then I'll give you a hand if you need one," she smiled at him, before turning her back and making her way upstairs.

When she returned back downstairs, she joined Josh in the kitchen, pouring them both a glass of wine. She started telling him about her day and that Megan had been moved onto Tom's team as he was working on a very large case that needed more bodies.

"Oh - I nearly forgot," she blurted out, "there's a vacancy in the post room at our place. It's not really what you're looking for but it'll be a start if you're interested; regular work, reasonable salary, after six months you get some perks.

"Hell, I'll take anything right now," stated Josh, "Do you think I'll stand a chance?"

"I've asked Tom to have a word with his dad. You should be a shoo-in," she answered, "Who knows, if you do well, with your qualifications, they might take you on as a paralegal."

"Great - what do I need to do?" he asked.

Just then the timer went off. "I'll fill you in over dinner, Josh," she replied, grabbing a couple of plates from the cupboard for Josh to dish up on.

As they ate, Lucy explained who Josh needed to contact to apply for the post, telling him they already knew about his years on the street and that it would not be a problem. Josh finally felt like his life was getting back on track, even if he had to settle for the fact that Lucy could no longer be more than a friend.

He told her about his decision to cut the romantic, if they could be called that, ties with Shannon and that from now on it would be a strictly professional arrangement. He wasn't surprised when Lucy told him she thought it was a wise move; knowing that she had never liked Shannon. They finished their food and Lucy insisted on loading the dishwasher and doing the pots and pans, telling Josh to relax in the living room.

They watched telly together for a couple of hours; Lucy frequently checking her watch and muttering about work. Finally, the front door opened and Tom walked in, going straight upstairs and into the shower. Moving into the kitchen, Josh started to warm up Tom's dinner, arranging it on a tray with a cold bottle of Bud, for him to eat while he watched some tv.

Once Tom was down and had taken his tray, Josh went upstairs and started playing guitar, practicing the next weekend's songs. When his phone beeped, he assumed it was Shannon wanting to change things or discuss the order of play. When he saw Amy's name, he was slightly surprised though he had offered to be a friendly ear. He took the call, listening to her blurting on about Martin between what Josh took to be drunken sobs. When she asked him if he could come round, he paused, before agreeing to go to her place.

After explaining to Lucy and Tom where he was going, with Tom giving him a huge wink, he made his way out onto the street towards the flat Amy shared with one of the other barmaids. When the door was opened by Rhia, she motioned him to come in and pointed towards the kitchen. As he neared the kitchen door, he could hear Amy sobbing and he walked in to find her throwing herself into his arms.

"I'm not undesirable, am I?" she slurred her words as she spoke, a glass of straight vodka in her hand, which sloshed over Josh's tee as he grabbed hold of her. "Oh fuck, sorry," she said, wiping his shirt where the drink had spilled. "Mmm - nice pecs," she continued, as she moved her face towards his, trying to plant a kiss on him.

"Come and sit down, Amy," said Josh, as he avoided the kiss. He led her into the living room where Rhia was sitting, watching the pair of them.

"Sorry Josh, I couldn't dissuade her from calling you - she said you were very nice to her earlier and that you wanted to look after her. Anyway, I'm supposed to be spending the night with Pete, my fellah, so I guess she's in safe hands now." And, with that, she up and left.

"We need to get you into bed," stated Josh as he took the glass from Amy's hand and placed it on a nearby table.

"You naughty boy," slurred Amy, as she tried to kiss him again, this time her lips brushing his cheek as he turned his face.

"God, you reek of booze - how much have you had?" he asked, as he scooped Amy up in his arms and started to carry her towards what he assumed were the bedrooms.

"Just a little drinky," she responded, her arms around his neck, her face nuzzling into his chest.

He nudged open a door, "No - this is Ree's room," she murmured, half-asleep now.

He moved to the next room and opened the door to Amy's bedroom, laying her carefully on the double bed as he looked at the posters of Bowie, Elton John and the Beatles decorating her wall. She was breathing heavily now and he moved her so that she was lying lengthways on the covers. He looked down at the pretty girl and wondered if she would be alright. He turned to leave and then wondered whether she might throw up in the night. Looking around, he saw a bin in the corner of the room and placed it by the side of her bed. He knew he couldn't rely on her to hit the target so he found the bathroom and grabbed a couple of towels, laying them on the carpet, underneath the bin to catch any sick that missed the receptacle.

He looked at her again and decided that he couldn't risk her spoiling her clothes; he raised her back off the bed and leant her against him as he undid the zip at the back of her dress, sliding it off her shoulders and down her arms, revealing a very pretty flowery bra. He admired her breasts as they swelled as she breathed but managed to resist the temptation to cop a free feel. Lowering her back onto the bed, he raised her arse and pulled the dress down her legs and off, revealing a matching pair of bikini panties. Her camel toe was obvious in the skimpy material and he felt a strong desire to remove her panties as well but he fought back his urges, leaning down and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Night, night, Amy," he whispered, as he turned and left the room.

Not wanting to leave her alone for the night, Josh returned to the living room and called Lucy, advising her that he would be spending the night at Amy's place and he would see her the next day. He kicked off his shoes and thought about sleeping on the couch; then he remembered Rhia's room and rationalised that there was no point spending an uncomfortable night on the couch when there was a bed going spare. He made his way to the empty bedroom and stripped down to his boxers, sliding under the sheet and soon falling into a deep sleep.

In the middle of the night, he was disturbed by the sound of retching. He sprang out of bed and rushed to Amy's room to see her with her head bent over the side of the bed, spewing into the bin and on the surrounding towels. He moved towards her and stroked her back as he held her hair out of the way of her vomit.

When she had finished, she looked at him, her eyes level with his crotch.

"Mmm - have we, you know?" she murmured, her words still coming out in a slur.

"No - I've been sleeping in Rhia's room," he responded, wiping her face with a tissue, "Have a drink of water," he continued, holding a glass towards her,

"Lucky Rhia," said Amy, before taking a small sip from the glass.

"She's not here - she's spending the night with Pete," he explained.

"Oh - okay, sweet boy," she responded, "Want to get under the covers with me?" she made a half-hearted attempt to pat the bed beside her as she drifted back to sleep.

Making sure she was comfortable, Josh carried the bin to the bathroom and rinsed it out before grabbing some fresh towels. He returned to Amy's room, where he gathered the dirty towels and threw them in the bath, before laying the clean towels on the floor and replacing the bin. Checking that Amy was breathing okay, a lesson he had learned from losing his street friends to alcoholism, he returned to Rhia's room and got back into bed.

As he lay there, his mind kept turning to Amy - he had sure seen a lot more of her than he had expected to and he had to admit he was aroused by her barely concealed figure. He turned his head to the side and realised the pillow smelled of Rhia - probably her perfume - a sweet scent that seemed to intensify his desires. Reaching under the covers, he slowly started to stroke his cock, using his thumb to spread his pre-cum over the tip. He threw the covers off and switched on the bedside lamp, looking at his swollen member as he stroked harder and harder. There was a tv in the corner of the room and he grabbed the remote with his free hand, switching it on, hoping to find some late-night porn to jerk off to.

As the screen came to life, he found himself watching a scene of a couple in bed, the man on top of the woman, impaling her arse with his cock. He started to wank harder, groaning as he became more and more excited. As the woman looked up at the camera, he realised it was Rhia and who he thought must be Pete, having anal sex in this very bed. His cock erupted so fast that it was hitting his nose and mouth before he knew it; he opened his mouth to catch any more that might reach that far before using his fingers to clean his face, sucking the cum from them. When he had finished, he switched the tv off and lay back on the pillow, closing his eyes and drifting back off to sleep.

He was awoken in the morning by the sound of a key in the front door. As he opened his eyes, he was disorientated and it took him a few moments to recall the events of the previous night. He was about to get off the bed when the door opened and Rhia walked in. Her gasp of shock was soon replaced with a smile as she saw his limp cock lying against his stomach.

"I expected to find you in Amy's bed, not mine," she whispered, as she approached the bed and sat beside him, her hand reaching out to stroke his cock, "But seeing as you are here, we might as well have some fun." She lowered her mouth and sucked on a nipple as she stroked his manhood slowly up and down.

"I - I didn't mean - I just thought - Christ that feels good," he finally moaned, as his hand moved under her top and grabbed a breast.

"You're in my bed - that makes you fair game," stated Rhia, as she slipped her top over her head, revealing her naked breasts.

His mind filled with lust and his cock now raging hard between his thighs, Josh grabbed hold of Rhia and pulled her onto the bed beside him. Climbing on top of her, he straddled her and grabbed a breast with one hand while lowering his mouth to the other, licking and biting her breast. A moan passed from Rhia's lips as she pulled his head hard against her breast.

"Fuck, yes - take me Josh, fill my pussy with your cock," she moaned.

Reaching under her short skirt, Josh was surprised that there were no panties blocking his path. He moved down the bed, pushing her skirt up over her waist and burying his head between her thighs, kissing and licking her pussy.

"Fucckkkk" she moaned, "Yessss - keep doing that," she raised her legs, pushing her pussy against his face, grinding her clit against his nose.

Remembering the video he had been watching, Josh worked his mouth along her perineum until he reached her anus. He started to kiss and lick her there, getting even more encouragement from the raven-haired barmaid.