String of Beads

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So tell me Lon, how's the writing going?"

"It's going better than it has in a very long time. I finished one short story, abandoned one and started the one."

"The one we talked about at breakfast?"

"Yes, that one."

"Do you have a name for it?"

"No not yet. The story will be presented as fiction of course and will flow from what we experience this week, what I wish we could experience this week, from what I've experienced before and from what I'd like to experience in the future. I'll tell you this much. You are prominent in the story but I will make you look a little different, I will embellish certain things and maybe omit a couple of things. After all I don't want anybody but you to know it's you I'm talking about and it will be honest in all the important places."

"I can't wait to read it."

"I'll see that you get the very first one and I'll sign it and write a cryptic note on it."

I stood up, and staring across the lake said, "Just think of all the houseboats that ply these waters. Think of all the lives and loves that come and go here. How many do you suppose swim in the nude for example or make love in the open? How many lives are made happier here by proclamations of love or proposals of marriage? Is it possible that any of their lives were impacted more than mine by just one woman? Tonight as we have a cocktail and watch the sun set how many others will be watching it with us?"

"Lon you have such a lover's heart. Everything you have said has come from your heart. I love to hear you talk. I love to see how you look at things."

I turned to her and said, "I have an over active imagination that some times gets in the way of common sense which permits me to spin plausible but damned unlikely stories." I sat down again and said, "Take for example what I just said about boats coming and going. I could probably write a dozen stories involving houseboats. What I'm trying to do as I sit here and babble is make myself stop talking about you."

Leanne stood up, kissed me and said, "Lon honey don't ever change. Now I think we need to make a snack and have some wine."

Chapter Nine

Jerry was up in time to join us for snacks and wine and then I settled in to do some writing while Leanne tanned and Jerry did, what else, worked on his project. The only thing that changed was I noticed he frequently stared out across the lake like he was thinking about something. I wrote feverishly until almost dinner when my mind refused to contribute anymore. I put my things away and wandered out to the deck where Leanne was reading. She was still nude and I thanked the Gods yet again for bestowing me with such favors. She looked up and asked, "Done for the day?"

"Done for the day and maybe tomorrow. I'm at a point where I want to think about it awhile."

"Ready for a walk before dinner?"

"I could use a good stretch."

"You said we could walk a long ways naked here right?"

"I did indeed, interested in a long walk?"

"I need some exercise I've been sitting way too much."

"Then let me be your guide." We put on our shoes, Leanne kissed Jerry and said we'd be back in time for dinner and we were off to explore the wilderness completely naked.

Our path stayed close to shore but not so close we had to worry about being seen. Well at least most of the time. Part of the time it depended on how brave you felt. The trail was too narrow to walk side by side most of the time and I gloried in watching her ass as it floated down the trail and every so often a breast would peek at me. We didn't talk a lot for quite some time and it became a serious walk with us working up a sweat in the warm Tennessee summer air. If we stayed in the woods the shade of the trees helped a lot but when we neared the shore the heat would find us. We had a better view of the lake and the walking was easier but it was more exposed and warmer.

When we had gone quite a ways we stopped to rest at an area near the open shore with an almost level area and even some grass to sit on. Because of the very warm Tennessee summer sun Leanne was glowing and had this sheen of sweat on her face and a line of moisture coming down between her breasts. I was surprised to find that look to be a powerful turn on for me and I had to step close to her and kiss her. She returned the kiss and said, "Maybe we better take a quick swim and head back because you make me want so much more and those rocks in the grass don't make an inviting bed." Those words quickened my pulse to say the least. I took her hand in mine and we waded in a ways and then dove off the drop off. After swimming and floating a few minutes we waded ashore put our shoes on and headed back. Watching her sweet ass tormented me just that much more. I guess that's what they mean by sweet torture.

We made it back and after giving Jerry his kiss on the forehead Leanne told him, "Honey this spot is the best yet. There is so much to see and explore. The heat drove us back but I wouldn't mind trying that walk again maybe in the morning before we move on."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. How about you Lon?"

"How could I not have a great time? "I'm with great friends, in a fantastic area with nearly perfect weather. You doing okay Jerry?"

"This is exactly what I hoped it would be and just what I needed. I'd like to come back here again one day." That struck me as odd since he'd done nothing but eat, sleep and write or think. No swimming and no exploring. Then it occurred to me that there had been no signs of them making love or even being close beyond that kiss on the forehead. Curious.

Dinner was accomplished and we resumed what was becoming our ritual. Wine or cocktails on the deck with our feet propped up, watching the evening light soften and disappear, only to be replaced by that slowly waxing moon casting its soft light on the calm water. In the calm each of us retreated into our own world to sort and consider all that was in our minds. When the drinks were gone Leanne stood up and asked Jerry, "Honey would you be interested in having Lon take us for a ride in the runabout? We've hauled that thing all over and have yet to use it an I've never been out on a boat at night."

"I'll pass but by all means you two go ahead. I think I'll write a few more notes and go to bed."

I did my best to sound casual and said, "Two things Leanne, to be safe we will have to go slowly and the other thing is bring a sweatshirt or a blanket or something because it could get pretty cool before we get back."

Jerry stood up and said, "You two take your time. There's a lot of water out there to explore and our week is going all too quickly."

Leanne's last comment before going for the blanket was, "Lon do we have to put anything on?"

"That's up to you but with only a sliver of moon I don't see why you'd have to. I'm not going to."

"That's what I wanted to hear." With that she was gone and then back carrying a blanket. We headed for the runabout that was tied at the stern and I grabbed a blanket and flashlight on my way.

We pulled away and headed out into the lake slowly heading toward the other shore to explore nothing in particular. The lake is Y shaped with the longest dimension being over sixty miles long and a couple of miles wide in one area. At a slow cruise it took us some time to get across. Leanne was in the seat next to me and it was light enough that I could see her naked beauty in the moonlight. The combination of the warm night air, the smooth becalmed lake and the sight of that wonderful naked woman were enough to give me an erection of admirable proportions. To put it in less poetic terms I had a hard on that I could break planks with.

As we slowly ran parallel to the shore I said, "I'd give anything to have a camera so I could take a picture of you just as you are."

"And what would you do with that picture?"

"I'd sleep with it every night." She didn't say anything more but soon after I said, "I wish I had a picture of you on the sundeck, in the water and making love to me. All of which I'd sleep with. My mind is still trying to wrap itself around this wonderful week with you." She just put her hand on my arm without saying anything. On we cruised coming to a bay and slowly entering it.

It was a large empty bay very open to the lake and we were just into it when she said, "Let's shut off the motor and just drift a while." It became totally quiet until she said, "Don't these seats fold flat?"

I did my level best to sound casual but failing miserably I'm sure I said, "I believe they do." I stood up and it took me a minute to figure it out, but it did indeed fold flat making a long nicely padded bed designed no doubt for tanning. As she stood up naked in the moonlight I knew we wouldn't need the bed for sunning and as I stood there naked in the moonlight with a proud erection she looked at it and didn't think of the sun either. "I see you approve of the situation."

"I've been approving ever since we left the houseboat."

"I know."

We made love in that sweet Tennessee night air. Long gentle unhurried love. We rested and talked and made love again. I'd like to say we each came six times but in reality it didn't even matter. We were making love for the pure pleasure of being close; close as only lovers can be. We did indeed have orgasms, intense mind warping orgasms but they were like quotation marks to a wonderful, long and full sentence. One near the beginning and one near the end. We paid no attention to the time. It was of no importance. We paid no attention to where we were because it didn't matter. We were together, alone and naked.

When we felt the boat bump the shoreline at some point during our lovemaking I looked up and saw we were at the juncture of the bay and the lake. We were out where in the daylight we would be seen. We didn't care. The next time we looked up we were well out into the lake. We still didn't care. We rested and commented we should be getting back so I started the motor and eased toward our temporary home. When we were fairly close she said, "I'm not ready to go back just yet could we drift some more?"

"I'm in paradise so I'm in no hurry for reality." The bed that we had was narrow and to lie side by side was a challenge. It required a lot of holding and body contact but we managed. Of course that encouraged kissing, which encouraged touching, which encouraged more lovemaking. It was a night like nothing I'd ever experienced and would not likely ever experience again. I could plan the event but it would never have the same magic of that night. We got almost no sleep that night. Oh yes and we never did need those blankets.

Jerry had to know that we were making love. He had to know we were kissing and talking. Yet he seemed totally comfortable with the arrangement and if anything went out of his way to make it easy for us. Jerry was a tough businessman, a mover and a shaker and yet here we were in this strange situation. Rest assured I asked no questions.

Chapter Ten

In the morning I forced myself up and poured coffee down my throat like it was life-giving fluids. Leanne didn't have her usual perky look but she put up a good wide-awake front for Jerry. I did my best but I don't know if I fooled anybody or not. Our day went like the ones before it, cruising, eating, drinking and writing. Well at least Jerry was writing. Leanne asked if we could tie off early so she could sun on the roof so I found us a nice cove. It was no match for some of the others but it was more than adequate. Leanne sunned and I wrote. Well I tried to write. I kept thinking of putting lotion on Leanne. Jerry wrote, slept sitting up and wrote again. His writing style intrigued me because he'd pause write what I took to be only a couple of sentences and then would spend a long time thinking before writing another sentence or two. A couple of times I heard him say under his breath no, that won't work, or something to that effect. Another time it was, no they don't deserve that.

When Leanne had cooked in the sun as long as she dared she came down glowing and sweating and in spite of our night on the lake she more than affected me. The last two or three days had gotten into the nineties so I was impressed with her endurance. On her invitation I closed my laptop and dove in after her to enjoy the cooling water. We didn't swim so much as float and talk slowly making our way to shore. With our butts on bottom and staying in water up to our waists we sat close and talked of the night before. "Lon at some point before we go home I'd like to take another night boat ride bit I don't think I can survive another all night ride no matter how much I want to."

"I'll let you say when. I know you want to handle it tactfully with Jerry. I can only hope last night affected you at least a little like it did me."

"I'm no writer Lon but one of these days I'll write you a note about our time together. Maybe you can use it in your book."

"You write your thoughts and I'll guarantee they will be in our story."

As dinner time approached I said, "Is anybody interested in putting clothes on and going to the marina for dinner?"

Surprisingly Jerry was all for that and Leanne said, "I'd like that."

"Their food is simple as I remember it but good southern style cooking." Jerry asked how far it was and I gave a wild guess at twenty minutes down the lake. At least in the daylight we could travel full throttle, which was a major change of pace for us and Leanne loved feeling the wind in her face and the boat bounce as it skipped over the small waves. My guess of twenty minutes was close enough and we tied up at the dock. It was about five hundred feet up a small hill to the restaurant and gift shop. Dinner was as I remembered it. It was buffet with fried chicken, meatloaf or pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and on and on. It was a feast topped off with fruit cobbler and ice cream. It was far more than we had been fixing on the boat and we ate until we hurt. Leanne excused herself and eventually reappeared with a package from the gift shop. "Sorry guys I just had to take a minute and buy something." Most husbands just out of curiosity would immediately ask what they found, but it was some time before Jerry asked. "I bought a sweat shirt and a tee shirt with the lake painted on it." Dinner and shopping done we made our way back and once again to Leanne's great pleasure it was full throttle as we headed back to the houseboat.

We almost missed our cocktail and sunset ritual so we settled for a quickly poured glass of wine and our feet up on the railing. Jerry thanked me for getting them there and back safely and sang praises to southern cooking, but was quiet after that once again deep in thought. Jerry excused himself and retreated to their room where I assumed he took up his project. Leanne and I sat there pretty much in silence, both very tired but refusing to give up on the day. We had to be tired because we didn't even get undressed. I said, "You know it really surprises me that seeing you in those shorts and top are like a tease to me. I've seen you naked so much it's a turn on to see you dressed. If that isn't the damndest thing to me. Don't get me wrong I can 't wait to see you naked again."

"Lon lets plan on another boat ride tomorrow night okay?"

"That's very okay love." Our week was rapidly coming to and end and that sad fact hovered over us like a dark cloud.

It surprised me in the morning when Leanne asked to stay where we were since it wasn't nearly as nice as some of our places, but it was fine with me, and Jerry didn't give a damn. Leanne said she wanted to sun some more on our last full day on the lake. About mid morning she disappeared to the sun deck, Jerry was on the front deck writing and I was at the kitchen table with my notes and laptop. So passed a good chunk of the day with Leanne coming down once for something to drink and asking me to put lotion on her back. It was incredibly hard to stop at her back but being a strong willed guy I did. Well that and the fact she walked away with a wave over her shoulder. I closed up my work for the day and dove off the deck for a swim ending up on shore hoping she would join me. Just as I was about to give up I heard a splash and she was soon beside me. "Hi Lon honey."

"Music to my ears and heaven for my eyes."

"Lon I'm going to miss your sweet flattery so much. I'm going to miss everything about you more than you can imagine." Before I could say anything she was back in the water and swam to the ladder and pulled herself onto the deck. I gave myself a minute to absorb her parting words and then headed for the boat as well.

With our last evening meal out of the way we sat on the deck and had drinks waiting for the sunset. Jerry was more talkative than he'd been the whole week saying he'd accomplished far more than he'd ever hoped he could and was ready to go home and finish things. We watched our last day fade into what promised to be a starlit night and Jerry excused himself saying he was tired. Leanne told him we were going to take one last long ride in the runabout and he told us to enjoy ourselves.

It wasn't quite totally dark yet when we pulled away from the houseboat still naked and headed to new territory. When we were a ways away Leanne moved toward the stern and said, "Lon honey look this way." When I did she took my picture bare assed and smiling. "Now where did you come up with that camera?" With a big smile she said, "Some how I found it mixed in with the sweatshirt." "It's my turn to take your picture." Leanne opened her seat into the flat position and lay there posing like a model as I took a few pictures, naked and in the middle of the lake. There was a distinct possibility that somebody saw the flashes and had brief glimpses of heaven on earth.

We slowly motored on for a while as the night sky revealed itself, full of stars and a growing moon. Because of the brighter moon we stayed close to shore and low in the boat until we found a small unoccupied lagoon. "Go in here hon....Lon." I eased the boat in and shut it off letting it drift to a stop. For the next two or so hours we made love, held each other and talked and made love again. We set the timer and took pictures of us lying together, holding one another, kissing and making love. This would be our last hours together and alone. This would be the last hours of the sweetest most overwhelming time in my life. Jerry couldn't know the life changing gift he'd given me or the pain he was causing us. I looked at her and holding her said, "Leanne even knowing that we can't be together and knowing the heartache I'll feel when you aren't with me again, I'd do all of this again in an instant and I will do it all again and again in my mind, my heart and in my writing. You will never be far from me." She held me close and cried quietly. As desperately as we wanted to we couldn't make love and save it for another day. We couldn't put our time in a bottle just as the song says. We had to go back. We had to return to the real and uncertain outside world.

Chapter Eleven

The trip home was a quiet one with Jerry being the most upbeat of the three of us. Just having to wear clothes again was depressing. Leanne had whispered to me saying she would be sending me a package in the coming weeks but I was to be patient. The thought that I would have some kind of contact with her however small in comparison was a lifeline that I held onto. We never did say we loved one another. I wanted to because I felt so much love for her but I knew it wasn't the thing to do. She knew the depth of my feelings for her just as she felt for me.

I buried myself in my work for the next few weeks and slowly eased back into my old life. Amy and I had been seeing each other but she was slipping away from me. I didn't know if I was behaving differently or if it was by other forces but there was no way I could take Amy to the houseboats. Not for a long time anyway if ever. It felt like my life had turned to shit, but surprisingly it didn't affect my writing and I produced like never before. The project closest to my heart of course was my Leanne story and I was taking my time wording and rewording until it said just what I was feeling. To do that without betraying any confidences and yet know it told the true story was tricky. With passing time Jerry's circle of friends and associates no doubt forgot about his houseboat vacation and I was counting on that to further blur the connection. My only contact with Leanne was to have Rex forward a message to her saying simply that I was still on the project and it was coming along nicely.