Such a Little Thing Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ScattySue
ScattySue
1,859 Followers

"Well..." I said, thinking furiously, "it's not so much on the way home as a bit of a detour. I really wanted to come and see you both."

"That's nice, love," said Mum as she returned with the tea tray. "Any reason in particular?"

"Well I've not seen you since I started working at the framing shop, but, yes, there was something..." I could feel myself trembling but I felt Milla's hand slip into mine, which helped steady me. Dad didn't notice, but Mum did.

"Yes?" she prompted, a slight edge to her voice.

"It's... it's about me, who I am..."

"What are you talking about, Amber? We know who you are: you're our daughter for heaven's sake," interjected Dad, slightly irritated by my rambling. I took a deep breath and decided to just say it.

"Okay. Mum, Dad, I wanted to tell you that... I'm gay... I'm... a lesbian." I hesitate and glance at Milla who gives me a slight nod. I take another breath and grip her hand tightly, "And Milla here... she's my girlfriend."

Silence followed. I half hoped that I'd hear Mum say 'That's nice dear. More tea anyone?' and nearly laughed at the thought. Thank God I didn't.

"You can't be a, a, a lesbian, Amber. You've had boyfriends... you were with that chap, Max? Yes, Max, until a few months ago," argued Dad.

"She's just being silly, Tom. This is just some girlish infatuation with a woman and now she's just being a drama queen and trying to shock us."

"No!" My voice was loud but I managed to keep from shouting. "Yes, I've had boyfriends including Max -- who treated me like shit! -- but I'm not physically attracted to men, certainly not now if ever. Do you know how hard it was to come to talk to you about this? But I had to, now Milla and I are together..."

"Well, that's the problem!" Mum interrupted, "this -- woman! -- has clearly been putting ideas in your head and she's leading you astray into this unnatural behaviour!"

"What?" I exclaimed, "That's complete nonsense. Milla told me she was gay but never made me..."

"That's enough, Amber. Your Mum's right, this woman is a bad influence and I think she should leave now -- and then leave you alone in future so that you can find a proper relationship with a man." Dad turned to Milla, "I'm sorry, but you can't stay here as it would be best if we can spend some time with our daughter on her own. I'm sure you understand." He stood, and gestured towards the door.

Milla rose uncertainly but I clasped her hand tight as tears started to well in my eyes: this was worse than I'd dreaded. Then something hardened inside me. Max's language had been crude and bigoted and I had dissolved into a blubbering wreck. My parents' language might be polite, but the prejudice was still there and, worse, they were treating me like some silly child. However, I was not going to blubber: I was going to be like Milla and get angry.

"Fine!" I declared, standing up sharply. "I felt I had to tell you about me -- about us -- because my delightful ex-boyfriend is likely to post spiteful things about my sexuality on Facebook and I felt you should hear it from me first. It would have been lovely had you even tried to listen and accept what I've told you. Milla has to leave because you've asked her to, but if she does, then I am going with her, okay?"

"Amber, love, you don't need to go," pleaded Mum, clearly shocked and upset. "Please stay and we can find someone for you to talk to so you can sort this out."

"There is nothing to sort out!" I was shouting now. "Aagh! What's the use? Come on Milla, let's go home."

"Goodbye, Mr and Mrs Taylor," said Milla in a small voice as I stormed out with her in tow.

I made it to Uncle Graham's car and threw myself into the passenger seat. Then the tears came and I wailed like a lost child, which is what I felt I'd become. Milla climbed in the back seat and placed her hand on my shoulder, squeezing softly, just being there. I grasped her hand and held it tight as, gradually, the wails and sobbing eased, though the tears continued gently falling.

I looked at Uncle Graham. "It went badly then?" he asked. "I were worried it might."

"They think I'm just playing at this, being a dramatic little girl. Either that or that Milla is corrupting me and that I need some kind of counselling."

"Amber, maybe they just need a bit o' time t' come round and accept it. It's very sudden for them."

"I know. It's not how I wanted it to be either. It's just... oh, Uncle, they didn't want to even try to listen. And they wanted to throw Milla out so they could talk to me alone. Persuade me that I wasn't a lesbian is I think what they had in mind."

Uncle Graham sat in silent thought for a while then made a decision. "Come on, Amber. You too Milla," he said as he opened the car door and got out. We followed him back down the road to the house. "Now, you lasses listen," he warned, "particularly you Amber: stay quiet and let me talk. When tha needs t' talk, stay calm. I'm guessing that realizing and accepting you were gay was hard, yes? Well, remember that this is every bit as difficult for them, maybe harder. You ended up wi' a girlfriend, Amber; they're scared they're losing their daughter."

"I'm scared of losing them too," I admitted.

"All the more reason to stay calm then. Is thee alright, Milla?"

"Yes, Uncle," she replied, making Uncle Graham smile. "Thanks for helping Amber through this."

"Aye, well let's see. Here goes nowt!" and he rang the bell. "Afternoon, Tom," he said as Dad opened the door. He looked past Dad "Hello, Abigail, love; nice to see my little sister. May we come in?" Dad hesitated and I could see Mum had been crying like me. "I think we need t' talk; Amber's upset and I can see Abigail is too. Tha don't look too happy, neither." Dad opened the door and we began to file in, Milla last.

"Okay, but we don't need Amber's, um, 'friend' here."

"Tom, don't make Amber choose between her parents and Milla. " Uncle Graham said quietly, "you'll lose either way up: if she chooses Milla, you've lost her; if she chose you, she'll like as not hate thee for forcing her t' walk away from the woman she loves." I saw Dad flinch at the word 'loves'. "Aye, Tom, she loves her, whether thee and Abigail likes it or not. And Milla loves Amber just as much. Come on, let's sit down and sort it out... if we can."

So we filed back into the sitting room, Milla and me on the sofa once again, Uncle Graham in one armchair and Dad in the other with Mum perched on the arm.

"So," began Uncle Graham, "let's begin wi' some introductions, or rather, one introduction. This is Milla Carluccio who runs Caffè Carluccio, the coffee shop next to my -- and Amber's o' course -- framing shop. She makes lovely coffee and was very welcoming and friendly to Amber when she first arrived in the town and knew no one. As I understand it, they became friends. Milla and Amber get on very well together, help each other out and support each other."

"That's all very well Graham, and it was kind of, of Milla to be welcoming to our Amber," Mum replied, "but this lesbian nonsense. They can just be normal friends, surely? I have lots of women friends."

"Mrs Taylor? Milla asked timidly, "Do you find any of your women friends sexually attractive? I'm not trying to be rude or flippant, but do you?"

"What? No, of course not!"

"Then you are neither a lesbian nor bisexual. Perhaps we should ask Amber the same question?" Milla looked at me and nodded. I looked at my parents.

"I do find women attractive, and not just Milla," I held up my hand to forestall the objections my parents were about to make. "I'm sure that's been true for some years at least and, though I never admitted it to myself, part of me, I think, knew that I was at least bisexual. I think I was attracted to boys too when I was younger but how much I can't be sure, not now. I was certainly attracted to the idea of a boyfriend because, well, you had to have a boyfriend at school and college or you were a weird saddo.

"At university, Max asked me out -- mainly because he'd just been dumped I suspect -- but anyway I went with it because he was handsome and people told me I was lucky he wanted me. And we had se... well, you probably don't want to know what we had, but it was okay, fun even, at times. And I screwed up my year at University and he dumped me."

"But just because he was vile to you... not all men are like that, you know." Mum protested.

"Mum, I know that Max is a particularly obnoxious and odious individual. That doesn't matter; it wasn't ending with him that made me reassess my sexuality, it was meeting Milla."

"So she has been convincing you! It's as I thought, she's..." said Mum angrily.

"Abigail," Uncle Graham interrupted but kept his voice calm and soothing, "let the lass speak."

"Milla never tried to convince me." I looked at Milla, pleading with my eyes for her to help me out.

"Mrs Taylor, I admit that I found your daughter attractive from the moment I first saw her: she is beautiful and clever, kind and friendly." I found myself blushing but I saw Mum and Dad nod in agreement -- one point to Milla. "However, I'm not some predatory dyke seducing young, lonely women. The truth is that I'd had very few lesbian relationships before I met Amber and only ever one girl that I'd have called a girlfriend, back when I was at college. It didn't end well and I was badly hurt by it; for her, it had all been an experiment and she decided she wasn't gay." The sadness and pain of that break-up were again visible in Milla's eyes.

I couldn't help slipping my arm around her to comfort her. I looked at Mum and Dad and for the first time since my announcement, they seemed to see her simply as a young woman and not some freak.

"Amber was friendly," Milla continued, "and I really liked being with her. I... I admit that I flirted with her a bit, I couldn't help myself..." I turned slightly to look at her and she did the same to me, our hands joined. "And you were so cool with it," she continued, now talking to me, "and when I saw your drawings, the way you drew the women, the tenderness... it all made me wonder, even to hope, that apart from being stunningly beautiful, and kind and clever and my friend, that you might be gay too." She looked again at Mum and Dad.

"I came out to Amber and told her that I was a lesbian. I felt I had to, even though I knew she might then walk out and end our friendship as others had done to me in the past. She didn't: she accepted me as I am. She said that she might be bisexual, that she did find women attractive, at least to look at."

"But Amber is now saying she's a... a lesbian," said Mum, her voice was low and full of confusion but she had stopped protesting.

"Yes, Amber," added Dad, "why the change?"

"I couldn't stop thinking about Milla. It was like that since the first time we met, since -- it sounds silly, it was such a little thing -- since she touched my hand to give me back the money I'd given her for a cup of coffee. I kept thinking about that touch. I started wondering about us together, I thought and dreamed of kissing her and more... what it would be like to sleep together..."

"They call it 'bi-curious' don't they?" I was surprised by my mother's voice and looked at her. "Some of the ladies at badminton were talking about it the other week," she explained defensively, her cheeks pink.

I smiled, "Yes Mum, they do, and I was very definitely in that category. But I couldn't do anything because I couldn't do to Milla what her friend at college had done to her; I couldn't use her to satisfy my curiosity and hurt her in the same way again. It was driving me nuts -- all the things I dreamt and so wanted but couldn't have, until..."

"Until I told her that we needed to take a chance," Milla interjected. "We both loved and cared for each other, we knew that; we just needed to take a risk on that last step. We both accepted that it might be a once only thing, but we're so very glad it wasn't!"

"There's more to a relationship than sex!" protested my Dad.

"We know, Dad, but, well, it is an important part. And, for me, it also meant accepting that I love a woman fully, not just as a friend or a companion but someone I want to share my life with, completely and in every way; in a way that I don't want to share my life with a man." I paused, looking and Mum and Dad in turn. "I found it hard, admitting to myself that I wasn't straight because, well, that's what I'd always told myself I was. After admitting what I felt for Milla, I called myself bisexual at first but the truth is I'm lesbian and knowing that, admitting that... well, I feel that I'm properly me for the first time in my life."

There was silence, the sort of silence that's full of whirling thoughts. It went on for some time until, eventually, Uncle Graham spoke.

"Abigail, Tom, I know this is sudden for thee both. Well, the girls haven't exactly hung around either. However, I saw them together in Milla's Caffè and that were before they, er, got together if you catch my meaning, but even then there was a real love, a spark between 'em. I saw it."

"Not just you, Uncle. Other people who saw us noticed it too."

"Aye, well I'm not surprised: the two of you could be a bit touchy-feely at times!" He turned to my parents once more, "Anyways up, the question for you two is whether you're going t' accept what Amber has told thee? You don't have t' be happy about it, you don't even have t' like it; will you accept it?" My parent's looked at each other. "Milla, Amber, why don't we three go in t' kitchen and make us a brew and let them talk for a bit, eh?"

So we went to the kitchen and made a pot of tea. Uncle Graham shamelessly raided the biscuit tin for all the Chocolate Digestives and shortbreads, filling a plate with them before we went and sat out on the patio in the evening sun to drink tea and munch biscuits. "They could be a while, so we're well stocked. Let them come t' us when they're ready," he said.

"You were brilliant in there, Uncle," said Milla and Uncle Graham laughed.

"It's right sweet when you call me that, Milla, but Graham will do. Same goes for you, Amber, you're a big lass now. You two were very open and honest back there: you definitely made your parents think. I just hope they think carefully. The world's different now, more accepting and you two deserve a chance."

A thought occurred to me "Uncle, you never married did you?"

"Eh? No lass, happen I never met t' right woman."

"When I asked Milla if she'd not met Mister Right yet, she said that there wouldn't ever be a Mister Right. Could there ever have been a Missus Right for you?" Uncle Graham stared at me.

"It's all water under t' bridge now and is long past mattering, but no, probably not. I think tha made a better choice t' be who you are, but things was very different then," he replied quietly. Then straightened up and spoke firmly, "An' that's as much as I'm going t' say on t' subject!"

The sun was getting low and Milla and I were cuddled close, my head on her shoulder, when we heard footsteps. We sprang apart and looked to where Mum and Dad had emerged onto the patio. "It's alright Amber," said Mum, "you can cuddle with Milla, with... your girlfriend." I could see those last two words hadn't been easy for her to speak but she'd said them anyway. I leapt up and went and hugged her.

"Thank you, Mum. I'm sorry that I upset you by walking out earlier," I told her, "but please understand that I won't apologise that I'm lesbian, any more than you or Dad should apologise for being heterosexual."

Dad actually gave a little chuckle. "You and Milla have been very candid and honest with us, and that has helped us a lot, but actually Amber, that comment is probably the most sensible thing I've ever heard." He held out his arms and I hugged him too. "Lesbian, straight, whatever you're still our daughter, Amber." He turned to Uncle Graham, "And you were right, Graham: we can't make Amber choose between us and Milla, not if we love her."

We had more tea; Mum produced sandwiches and cake and my parents and Milla began to get to know each other. Eventually, Uncle Graham interrupted the peace that had broken out. "I'm sorry t' play the big, bad mill owner, Amber love, but I've a shop that needs t' open tomorrow and I believe there's a nearby Caffè in t' same situation, eh Milla? Come on, I'll drive you both back."

We said our goodbyes and, while things were still a little reserved between my parents and Milla, I was very touched when I overheard Dad say quietly to her, "Thank you for making our daughter so happy."

CHAPTER 13 -- 'I've hidden this for so long

That night we were back in Milla's bed, naked and snuggled up together. Uncle Graham was crashed in my bed as, after the two-hour drive here, it was too late for him to drive home.

"What a weekend!" I sighed tiredly. "I feel completely wrung out."

"Amber?"

"Yes, Milla my darling?"

"I'm so glad that telling your parent's worked out okay in the end."

"It's not perfect yet; Dad seems more okay about it than Mum. Perhaps it's easier for him to understand the idea of being attracted to a woman, particularly one as spectacularly cute and gorgeous as you!"

"Maybe," she replied distractedly. "I need to tell my parents, don't I?" she added reluctantly.

"I think, yes, you do. It was wonderful to be more openly a couple in London but what if it hadn't been Joe that saw us on Saturday? What if it'd been your Mum or Dad or one of their friends in the town?"

"Or Nonno... Amber, I have to tell them, but I'm so scared. I've hidden this for so long."

I slipped my hand into hers and held it up. "It's not going to be easy but you told me once that you could tell them if you had the right woman by your side holding your hand: well, here I am. I'll be with you, Milla darling."

"Thank you, Amber, you're the best. Can we go and see them tomorrow, after work?"

"Of course, whatever you want to do."

"I don't want to at all... but I have to. Oh God, I'm so nervous about it; I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight."

"Perhaps I can help you relax," I suggested.

"What did you have in mind?" she asked suspiciously.

"I thought a massage might help," I said innocently, though the images of our oil-slick bodies sliding together that were playing in my head made my pussy grow hot and wet.

"Mmm, it would help," she sighed and I slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom where I remembered there was a bottle of massage oil on the shelf. Also, there was my makeup bag and I reached in to take out the gold vibrator that we'd not yet christened. I didn't want to walk in holding it but being naked I had no pockets. Actually, I had one 'pocket' I realised and the vibe wasn't too long so... I reached between my legs with it, lined it up and slid the whole thing inside my cunt. Ooo yes! Just the feel and knowing it was buried inside me almost made me cum right then. I was definitely going to enjoy this massage; I had to ensure that Milla received just as much pleasure.

When I returned to the bedroom Milla was laying on her front with her arms raised and her legs slightly apart. I climbed on the bed and knelt next to her. "Ready, darling?" I asked and she nodded. I took a large handful of oil and coated my hands before spreading across her upper back and shoulders. I added more oil, admiring the way her perfect, smooth tanned skin glistened in the soft lamplight. I began gently to massage her neck and shoulders. "I should have lit some candles," I told her.

"Mmm no need," she sighed, "this is perfect my love." I continued, expanding to massage her back, working out the tension and knots in her muscles. I moved and now began again from her feet, gradually moving up her calves to her thighs. I was now sat straddling her leg, my inner thighs and pussy slick with the oil from her skin. I used long strokes from the top of her thigh, over her bum and up her back as I massaged her glutes and lower back. I was rocking back and forth as I did so, my oiled pussy rubbing deliciously over her glistening skin; the pressure also moved the vibe embedded inside me.

ScattySue
ScattySue
1,859 Followers