Summer A Marriage In Trouble

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She again tried to grab my dick, a defeated grimace spreading across her face. "What do I have to do to make this work?"

"If you have any thoughts about saving our marriage then you need to stay by my side throughout the cruise. Stay away from that toxic arsehole and then when we get home, we could try counselling. But I warn you now, go with him and it's over."

I could see she wasn't even listening. She rolled away silently.

In the morning, after showering and getting dressed Summer stopped me at the door. "I will have your gear ready for tonight. Mum is picking up the girls. Ross said he is sending a limo, so we just have to be ready by five."

I shrugged. "Maybe. I feel a tummy bug coming on. I think I we might have to sit this one out."

"Artie, don't fight this. You have got an opportunity with Ross. Rather than fight it, get involved. It might be fun. If you say we can't go I fear you really might lose your job."

"So, who cares? I can always get another job."

"Hon, you put so much into this one. You are finally getting somewhere, don't throw it away just because of a few hours of sex."

I left her standing at the door. Her face an unreadable mask.

I sent Michael a text from the car. "When can I move into that apartment?"

The reply made me feel a lot happier. At least I had somewhere to live.

At work, I was immediately sucked into a planning meeting. There were a lot of uneasy people. The announcement over the project allocation was nearing. Everybody was nervous. The tension was apparent on every face in the room.

I had a meeting with Michael at lunchtime. He handed me the keys to the apartment. "Thanks, Michael. Would you be comfortable with me taking up my new position with you guys as early as next week?"

He frowned uneasily. "I would prefer if you could stick it out for another week or so. The announcement's close. Is something going on?"

"Yeah, we are going on this damn cruise over the weekend. He has made it abundantly clear that I have to bring my wife, if you know what I mean."

"Oh shit." He spat out. "Fuck, he is a sadistic bastard."

He flinched as he asked, "Look this is none of my business, but is your marriage retrievable?"

When I didn't answer directly, he said. "I hate to ask, but if your marriage is dead and buried. Can you stick it out? Let her go alone, stay home."

"No, you obviously know what he's like. He wants to rub my face in it. He made it abundantly clear if we both don't go, I'll be looking for a new job."

"Arthur, you have a job. There's no problem with it. You can start Monday if you want to tell him to stick it. I was only asking because I would have liked you on the inside for another week."

"What about Lye?"

He laughed. "Lye is finishing today, and he's leaving them a very nasty trojan as a leaving present. Monday morning, the shit hits the fan. I mean, if you're there you will get to see it up close and personal."

"Yeah, but to enjoy that, I have to watch him and my wife together for the whole weekend to see it."

He looked at me and laughed an evil laugh. "Can you swim?"

I scowled. "What are you suggesting?"

"If you can swim, jump overboard somewhere close to the coast and swim ashore. Leave them searching for you. It will fuck up their weekend well and proper."

"And if I drown?"

"I did ask if you could swim."

I laughed at his twisted humour. He patted me on the back. "Arthur, it's your call. I am happy either way. Your job is waiting for you already. Start when you want."

I gave him the new disc; with all the information I had and went back to the office.

Not long after returning, Reynolds walked into my office and pulled the door shut behind him. "Summer tells me you are uncomfortable with the proposed sleeping arrangements for the weekend?"

Gritting my teeth, I replied. "Nope, no problem."

He walked up behind me and patted me on the arm. "Good man. Look, she won't be with me all night. We will have some of the clients on board. We will have to keep it seemly. Summer will visit my cabin for an hour or so, but she will return to your cabin for a little frolic, as well. It's a win, win."

We were all let go early to go home and prepare. I was greeted by Summer who wore a very revealing little yellow sundress that left very little to the imagination. "Hi, Babe," she chirped happily. "The girls are at Mums and your bag is inside the door. I brought some swimming trunks for you. Hurry and change."

I pulled on some casual clothes, and before Summer and I could get into anything, the limo rolled up. The driver quickly loaded out bags and we were off. We drove straight to the marina, where we were escorted onto this thing I could only describe as huge. It was more like a cruise liner than a pleasure yacht.

Reynolds played the big man, dressed in his make-believe skipper's uniform, and we were all welcomed aboard. There were just the senior Revington's managers and their wives. Added to that were several of our biggest clients and their wives.

We were ushered into our cabins, which were as plush as any motel rooms. "Oh my god, Artie, look at this." Summer squealed as she threw her luggage onto the king-sized bed. She bounded and jumped on it, as well. She lay sprawled on her back with her arms and legs spreadeagled. "Artie, it's awesome. Jump on beside me."

No thanks, I'm going up on deck, feels like we're moving." She gave me a dark sad glare as I turned and walked out the door.

As I stepped out on deck, Reynolds was making some bullshit announcement over the PA system.

Summer slipped out beside me as I leaned on the hand rail and peered over the side. "God, Artie." She sighed. "Wow, Babe, this is the life, who would have thought we would ever be on a ship?"

I sniggered softly. "Yeah, and all you had to do was fuck the captain... Who knew?"

She snipped back. "Don't spoil it, Babe."

As we got out of the marina a waiter brought around champagne for everyone. There were introductions and trays of food. It was straight out of a movie.

Summer talked to the other wives and they all headed for the bar, leaving us men to talk shop. I didn't know the clients, but it was interesting to listen in. Reynolds came down from the bridge, announcing that now we were out of the marina he had handed over the helm.

What a tosspot. Always had to big note himself. He headed straight to the ladies, where he kissed them all. Funnily, I noticed one of the less senior managers grimace as Reynolds kissed his wife. Made me wonder how far up the tree the rot went.

Soon we were seated at the dining table and being served this stunning array of foods. The conversation flowed. Summer really fit in with some of the other women. She made sure she laughed and giggled at all the jokes. They all talked about fashion, what's hot and what's not. All very swish.

There was plenty to drink, and we all went out onto the deck to watch as we passed through the harbour. Reynolds grabbed Summer and said, "Let me show you around."

As they were about to head away, he turned to me. "Come on, Arthur."

I followed along like a good puppy. When we got to the lower aft deck, he showed us the hot tub. A huge thing. He grabbed Summer and with his arm around her waist he said. "I can't wait to get your hot little bod in there. We might come out later." His eyes flicked to meet mine. "You don't mind do you, Arthur?"

I snapped, "Nah, who cares, that's why we're here isn't it?"

He gave me a very caustic glare, as did Summer. With his arm pulling her tight against him he whispered loud enough for me to hear. "Have you ever made love in a spa pool?"

Summer tittered sexily. "No, but I bet it's fun."

"We'll find out later, shall we?"

Just then some of the others arrived and the party mood picked up. He was a different guy when the clients were around: charming and good natured. The two-faced toad.

It was about ten when everybody started heading for their cabins. Summer and I slipped into ours and she quickly changed into a very sexy bra and panties set. Gorgeous sexy red and black. She pulled on a see-through negligee. She did a twirl. "Well, do you like?"

I shrugged, feigning being drunk. "I'm sure Ross will think it's great."

She sighed. "Come on, Babe, I won't be gone long. I'll be back before you know it and we can make love."

Just then her phone rang and she giggled, answering it. "I'll be right there, sexy."

She leaned in close to kiss me. "Babe, his room is next door, you might be able to hear us if you listen closely."

With that she snuck out the cabin door, pulling it closed softly behind her. Jesus, how drunk was she? I believed she thought if she kept saying it, I would just get used to it.

No way was I sitting in here listening to them. I headed for the deck, wearing nothing but T-shirt and shorts.

I walked up on deck. I was pissed off to the max. My blood pressure was through the roof. As I walked around, I remembered Michaels words. "Could I, do it?"

I decided I would stagger a little. Make it look like I was far drunker than I was. In reality, I had been drinking water most of the night.

It was a beautiful warm summer's evening. I leaned over the handrail, staring at the coastline. It didn't appear to be far away. Could I, do it? I stumbled up to the bridge and made sure that they all knew I was there. Then I reeled and stumbled to the back, making sure the deck hands were still watching.

As I got to the back I looked down and saw the spa pool. I heard giggling, which sounded a lot like Summer. I made the decision right there and then. I screamed as I fell overboard. Waving my arms frantically in a crazy drunken fall, I curled into a ball and hit the water with a thump. It winded me a little, but as soon as I surfaced, I took a deep breath and dived back under. Holding my breath as long as I could, I used a slow steady breast stroke. I surfaced as little as I could making sure I was hard to see, I headed for shore. I thanked my lucky stars for the swimming lessons we got at school.

I heard the alarm on the boat and people screaming "man overboard." The boat turned quicker than I thought. The last thing I wanted was for them to find me. They turned on spotlights and started scouring the waves. Keeping my movements smooth, I cut out. Every time the spotlight came my way, I dived back underwater.

Soon, they were circling in a tight arc, the spotlights cutting the night. Every minute I got further away. As they disappeared from view, I started to panic. This was a fucking dumb idea. I was a good swimmer, but shit, what about sharks? Even if I made it to shore, I would probably get pounded onto the rocks.

I kicked harder, the boat becoming a distant distraction. I saw some lights on the coast and focused entirely on those.

I don't know how long I was in the water before I heard the helicopter: search and rescue. They headed straight past me out to the boat and joined in a search out there. Slowly, with growing confidence, I kept going. My heart pounded in my chest. Excitement raged through me. That had certainly fucked up his plans. I sniggered wickedly. Even if it killed me, at least his weekend was fucked.

As I neared the coast, I felt the pull of the current. Waves picked me up and as the moon poked its shining light through the clouds, I spotted what looked like a beach. Taking a deep breath, I tried to align my body to allow the waves to carry me in.

Wow, what a rush, I surfed in on the crest of a wave, it was fun until I got dumped in a huge wave on the pebbly beach. I got smashed and then the wave dumped on me. I had to crawl up the beach until I was out of the water. I lay there for a while. Out on the horizon, I could see the helicopter still hovering, spotlights lighting up the night,

Now out of the water, I started to shiver, the cold water clinging to me. I needed to get to some shelter. What a numb-nuts. I hadn't thought this through at all. Now what was I going to do? What I needed was somewhere to get out of the wind and just get my head together.

I walked up the beach onto a rough track that led onto farm land. I stumbled around in the dark and found a hay barn. There was a pair of overalls hanging on the wall that were way too big, but at least they were dry. Rummaging around, I found a canvas sheet. I climbed up onto the top of the bales of hay, wrapped myself in the canvas sheet and pulled some loose hay up over myself.

As exhausted as I was, it didn't take long to fall asleep.

Daylight came and it dawned warm and bright. Climbing down, I wandered around the outside of the barn. Fate was on my side. Standing of to the side were a group of apple trees laden with ripe fruit.

With my stomach full, I wandered down the track to the top of the beach. I spotted a small Coast guard boat edging along the beach. Checking for a body, I guess.

Keeping low, I returned to my hideout. I decided to leave them searching for the rest of the day. I could only imagine what was going on back on the boat. Sure, was going to ruin Reynold's day.

With a bunch of apples and a bottle of water from the trough, I climbed back up onto the hay bales. Lying there gave me one thing I had lacked: time by myself. I managed to rationalise what I wanted from all this. Number one: move out of home into my new apartment.

Number two: start the divorce proceedings. No more worrying about Summer. Number three: help Michael as much as possible.

I didn't hate Summer. She was the mother of my children. Yes, we had grown apart and it was obvious we wanted different things. She wanted what dickhead Reynolds had to offer, then good luck to her. I had been thinking about separating for a long time before all this happened, anyway. All I wanted to ensure was access to the kids.

Late in the afternoon I heard a boat out off the beach somewhere. Stripping off the overalls I snuck down to the beach and flopped into the surf.

Thankfully, as I lay face down in the sand, I heard cries from the boat and soon I was being manhandled up the beach. I was wrapped in an aluminium rescue sheet for warmth as they resuscitated me.

Within minutes, the helicopter had landed, I was loaded and shipped off to the hospital.

Of course, there were hundreds of questions. I just feigned ignorance. Didn't know what happened or how long I had been on the beach.

In the hospital, I was put on a drip and given all the usual tests.

About an hour later, Summer came charging into the room, saw me and rushed to the bedside, wrapping me in her arms. "Artie, what in the hell happened?"

I shrugged. "Don't know, all I can remember is being resuscitated."

She hugged me tight. "Jesus, you scared the shit out of us all. We thought you drowned."

"Sorry, looks like I survived."

She gave me a strange look. "Don't be an arsehole. We were all worried. A crew member saw you fall overboard. We spent ever since combing the waters, searching for you."

She let me go and pulled up a chair to sit beside the bed. "Are you okay? I mean, what did the doctors say?"

"I'm fine. They have run some tests, but I feel fine. You can go back to your cruise."

She snarled, "Don't be ridiculous. Ross took the boat back to port as soon as we heard you were okay."

"Then you can go and meet him and go home with him."

"Oh, for fucks sake. Don't be an idiot, Artie. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here until you are cleared to go home."

"I'm pretty beat, Summer, I need some sleep. Maybe you should go and get something to eat?"

She sighed. "Do you need anything? Something to eat... I did see a café as I walked in. I could get you something?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. I'm okay. I just need some rest."

She leaned over and gave me a kiss. "You had me so worried, Artie. God damn, I thought I had lost you. I never want to feel like that again."

"To late for that, Summer. We are already lost. As soon as I can sort my shit out, I am moving out. We need to be apart. We are in different places, want different things."

She frowned. "We don't have to talk about this now. You need to rest and then when we get home, we can talk."

"There's nothing to talk about. Summer, you need to understand our marriage is over. Go back to Ross."

Her face twisted into a dark nervous mask. "I don't want to be with Ross."

"Yeah, then where were you going when you walked out of our cabin?"

"Artie, I don't want to live with Ross. Christ, he wouldn't want me anyway. He was going to be an interesting interlude. Nothing more, A little excitement."

"Well, you can have all the excitement you want now."

She held my hand between hers and she stroked the back of mine. "Hon, all I want is for you to get better. All the rest means nothing."

She wandered off to get a drink and I lay back and closed my eyes. I woke to find a group of doctors gathered around. They gave me the all clear and I was permitted to go home. Summer arrived soon after with some clothes for me and we headed down to get a taxi home.

Once home, Summer cooked us a late snack and as we sat, I decided this was it. "Summer, I'm moving out tomorrow. This marriage is no longer working, Christ, it's not even a marriage any more. I'm not prepared to sit by while you fuck whoever you decide is the new flavour of the month."

She sat back and stared back at me with an unflinching gaze. Her expression was impossible to read. "Artie, we have talked about lots of things recently, does none of that even excite you a little? I mean, forget your ego, or outside influences. Just be honest, I wouldn't think less of you."

"Summer, you just don't get it. All this crap about you and Ross. It is shit. There may be people, men on this planet that feel that way, but I'm not one of them. What you suggested disgusts me."

With a sad wistful sigh, she mumbled. "I don't want a divorce; the girls will be heartbroken. They love you. Don't you care about them at all?"

"Of course, I do. They are my children. I don't want to walk away. Right up until Friday night I was prepared to try. But the moment you got dressed up and headed for Ross's cabin, that was the end."

"I could live with that decision if that's where we end up. All that annoys me is, you never really gave it a shot. If we tried it and you said then that you didn't like it, well, at least then I could accept it. But at the moment, I'm sad because it feels like we never even tried."

"You don't always have to try something to see whether you like the way it tastes. Sometimes the smell is enough. That's the way I feel. This stinks. You having sex with another guy, especially Ross, might be fun for you. For me it is torture. I can't live like that. If I'm not enough for you, sex wise, then I never will be. This shit will follow us till the end of time."

The anger I had been stifling erupted, and I snarled, "You fucking humiliated me. Don't you understand. I was totally demeaned. Everybody at that fucking party knew what was going down. They all laughed at me. Every single one of them were splitting their sides."

She winced, and she stumbled trying to find words. She tried several times to find the right thing to say. In the end she groaned. "What I have been trying to say is, if you opened your mind and accepted it, you wouldn't feel embarrassed or humiliated. You would look forward to it, enjoy it."

"What... People laughing at me, making fun of me? Forget it, Summer. Monday morning, I am filing the paperwork. If we work together, it will reduce the pain. Work with me and we may still walk away friends. Fight me and it will end badly for all of us."

"Yeah, and what am I supposed to live on? You've stripped most of the money from our account."

"I did that because I wasn't sure you wouldn't do the same. I have that money and I will give you half."