Summer in Maine Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She beamed and turned and took off up the hallway. I just watched her grinning as I sipped the dregs of my coffee. Music floated down the hallway a few seconds later as I pondered just how things had unfolded since I'd gotten here. I must have been lost in thought for a few minutes.

"Penny?" Chrissy asked, startling me out of my reflection.

"Sorry, I was just thinking how scared I was that this whole trip was a bad idea, and how everything has gone so right. I'm still worried that something bad is going to happen to screw it up. You know, like waking up and finding that I'm dreaming this."

She ran her instep up my leg. "Don't go looking for trouble, it'll find you all by itself in time."

"So what do you have planned for me tonight?" She asked.

"Oh a little dinner, maybe a show after." I grinned. "You have something nice to wear? No jeans, reservations are for seven o'clock." I said with a wink.

"I'll see what I can manage." She rolled her eyes.

"I can't wait." I said, the excitement in my voice coming through, bringing a smile to Chrissy's face.

"What's next for you today?" She asked.

"Let's see, I need to run back to my motel, pack and check out, stop by the dry cleaners, a couple errands. Most of all I want to start with a long hot shower." I said giving her a wink.

"Mmm, that last one sounds good." Chrissy's eyes wandered to the hallway and back, and her expression changed, turning apprehensive as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"What's the matter?" I said as I took her arms and uncrossed them putting them on my hips.

"I don't know, it just feels weird. I feel like I've got to sneak around to have a life of my own."

I laughed at that. "If we didn't scare her last night then I think she'll be fine. You just need," I paused and corrected myself, "We just need to be straight up honest with her. Show her that she's not being cut out of your life, but I'm joining both of yours, with any luck for a long time."

"You'd better be planning on a long time. I'm not a love 'em and leave 'em kind of girl."

I just raised an eyebrow at her for a moment, and she turned bright red and looked down.

"Okay there was that one time, but..." She began but I cut her off with a kiss.

"Mom, when you come up for air can you help me find my blue sweater?" Em said as she walked into the kitchen.

We both busted out laughing. "Yes dear. I am ever your willing servant." Chrissy replied rolling her eyes up at me and gave me another quick peck.

"Go get your stuff and get back here safe." She added as she made her way down the hallway.

I got dressed and got ready to leave and wandered up the hall rapping on the door jamb before peeking around the corner of the door.

"I'll see you ladies in a little while." I said smiling.

"Hurry back, I want you to meet my friend Jesse when she gets here. She's really cool."

"I'll do my best." I replied.

I made it back with plenty of time. I set up an online music account on Em's laptop, and we sat at the table downloading songs by Chuck Berry, Stevie Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, some David Gilmour and Eric Clapton.

"Are you turning my kid into a rock star?" Chrissy asked leaning on my shoulder, watching us select songs.

I laughed. "Why not?" Em hopped up out of her chair and started playing air guitar as I hit play on Johnny B. Goode. As it wound down she dropped to the floor kicking her feet. I laughed even harder. "I think I've seen that move before."

Em got up breathing hard. "What about you, this is all guitars. Do you have any piano music?"

"That I do." I popped open the browser and found a video of one of my favorites. The song started and a rap sounded on the door, Chrissy answered it. A shuffle of people and chattering was going on and a pretty girl shot out from around Chrissy and came over to the table where we were.

"Hey Jessie, this is Pete," in an exaggerated whisper she followed up with, "he's my mom's boyfriend." I grinned at that.

"How are you Jessie?" I asked. "Think you can help with Em's studying tonight?" Her expression froze on the word study.

"Relax, we're just going to listen to some music, not do algebra." Em said, calming her friend.

I stood up as the ladies approached, a woman a few years older than Chrissy walked beside her with a big smile on her face. Chrissy made the introductions and hands got shaken the big grin remained.

"Alright girls, are you ready? Let's get a move on we need to stop at the store and pick up some food on the way back to the house." Diane announced. "It's good to meet you Pete, hopefully we'll get to see more of you around here in the future." She winked playfully.

"I'll be glad to oblige." I replied with an equal grin. Jesse helped Emmy gather up her gear and they headed for the door.

Chrissy stepped back in the kitchen rolling her eyes. She stopped and looked into my eyes, and bit her lip. "Now what?"

I grinned and shrugged. "What do you normally do on Saturdays?"

"Clean, do laundry, run errands, the usual." She chuckled.

"Where's the vacuum?" I asked. "Four hands are better than two."

We cleaned the place up pretty quickly, with a hand reaching out to give a gentle back rub, or an occasional kiss in passing.

"I might keep you around, you look damn sexy pushing a vacuum." She smiled as we sat and polished off the left-overs from breakfast for lunch. "You cook, you clean, you rescue damsels in distress, and you're amazing in the sack. Is there anything you can't do?"

"Well when your mother is Martha Stewart and your father was Superman, no." I laughed.

Chrissy smiled. "I almost wish we were staying in tonight, Clark junior."

"With the depleted state of your fridge, we'll likely be eating bread and water." I replied.

"Damn that's another thing we need to do."

"Was that the towels in the dryer? They should be fine, let's go do it now. Do you have a list?"

Chrissy shook her head and peeked into the freezer for a minute, then opened the pantry cupboard. "Was that all the eggs?"

"Yup, and don't forget the OJ."

We wandered through the store and I watched as Chrissy filled in the cart I had.

"Do you do anything special on Sundays? You know, family dinner or anything like that?" I asked.

"No not really. Sometimes I'll make something big that we can eat for a few days in left-overs. Why?"

I just shrugged and smiled. As we picked out the groceries I picked out a few things, made an occasional inquiry as to what Em and her liked to eat. A few more things got added to the cart and she gave me a shrewd look.

"What are you planning?" She asked with a sly smile.

I shrugged and smiled again. "Something going along with the theme. When do you think Em will be home."

We finished the shopping, and after a little head butting I slid my card and paid for the groceries.

"You're saving me a hotel and eating out, it's the least I can do." I argued and gave her back her little scowl. "Besides, you're so cute when you're angry." I prepared to duck but all I got was a raised eyebrow. We got everything into the house and unpacked, Chrissy turned and leaned on the counter, blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face.

"I hope I can keep awake during our date. What are we doing tonight?"

"Dinner for one, but that's a given, I need you to build up your strength." I winked, the rest is a closely guarded secret.

"I got it, no jeans or sneakers." She looked up at the clock. "Where are we going?" She sounded piqued. I just chuckled.

"Well we do have about an hour drive to get there, so we should be ready before 6."

She just looked at me wide-eyed for a moment and swiveled her head to look at the clock. "Crap, I'd better get a move on. It's not as easy for us girls to get ready as you guys. It takes time for us to be presentable."

I smiled. "The only thing you need to do is change."

"No jeans." She parroted with me, making us both laugh. She leaned in for a kiss. "I get the shower first." She got up and sashayed into the other room.

"Damn, the only thing sexier than you in jeans, is you out of jeans." I called out.

She came back in a long pink fuzzy robe a few moments later. "The same could be said for you." She leaned down and kissed me again. I took the liberty of slipping a hand up her leg, noting she was shower ready.

"You sure you don't want to conserve water and shower together?" I said smiling.

"If you join me, you may want to cancel the reservations now." She winked.

"I guess I'll just have to restrain myself then." I sighed, then frowned.

"Aww! You look like you lost your puppy." She said with a laugh.

I gave her a light pat on the rump. "You'd better get in there before I lose my mind and take you right here."

"Promises, promises." She said with a wink.

I had been relegated to using Em's room to get ready, Chrissy didn't want me to see her getting ready, she wanted to make an entrance. She made her way from bath to bedroom, singing a song under her breath, pausing to smile at me as she passed, and continuing her song."So lets get it over and just get naked, With sweat drippin' down your little back."I recognized the song, she sang it when we were in Maine at the beach house, the lyrics were definitely not something you'd hear on the radio.

I got my chance at the shower, the floral and fruity smell of soap and shampoo hung heavily in the humid air. I took a deep breath of it and closed my eyes a fleeting thought of kissing her neck, the scent of her intoxicating like a tropical flower. I finished and went across the hall and began dressing, keeping an eye to each detail as I donned the dark gray suit. The tailor at the shop that helped measure me told something I had no idea of, "a well tailored suit is to women what lingerie is to a man." I had to trust her, she was a woman after all. I finished up getting the tie dimpled properly and setting the pocket square how she'd shown me. I remember something she said when she was kitting me out. "She must be a very special lady." I responded that, "she is a very special lady," with a smirk. I made my way out to the kitchen laying my overcoat across the back of one of the chairs and checked to make sure I had everything I needed. Spinning my wrist to check my watch, we had a few minutes before we needed to leave.

"Do you need a hand in there? I could call in the Army or something." I hollered.

"Oh hush! I'll be right out!" She answered through the door. A few more minutes passed before I heard the door open, only darkness beyond. "Prepare yourself, I hope you're not disappointed."

"Oh stop..." I began as she walked into the kitchen light. She stopped tilting a hip, bringing one knee in front of the other like a runway model. She glowed in the dim light, her hair long, tucked back on one side with a silver barrette. Her eyes boring into me watching my every movement as I took her in. She wore a short sweater dress in wide gray and black stripes with knee high gray suede boots. Naturally tall, she was tall or taller than I was as my eyes slowly climbed back up to her face. The hint of a smile appeared as I took her all in.

"Speechless, huh, that bad?"

I cleared my throat quickly. "No, no! You look stunning." I said with complete honesty.

"You look pretty handsome yourself." She responded, her voice husky as she looked me up and down.

"The tailor was right." I thought with a smirk. The twinkle in Chrissy's eye was causing my heart to melt a bit.

"Do you have a coat?" I asked, and she took one from the hall closet. I held my hand out for it and she smiled as I opened it for her to slip on.

"Such a gentleman."

"I'll do my best." I replied grinning as I took my coat and we left.

We made our way north to the city. I ignored her gentle prods to find out where we were going. She reached over and took my free hand while I drove. She didn't grip it tightly, but ran her fingertips along the seems of my palm, her thumb rubbing lazy circles across the back. She was quiet, but I could feel the hum of anticipation. I only hoped things didn't fall short of her expectations.

I pulled up in front of the restaurant and a valet came around opened Chrissy's door as mine opened at the hand of another. He walked her around the front of the Jeep and handed her over to me with a big smile. We walked towards the door slowly.

"Are you nuts?" She said under her voice. "This is going to cost a fortune."

"Don't worry," I replied, "haven't you ever heard of dine and ditch?" I said chuckling. "I'm not saying we're going to do this every Saturday, but you only live once. So let's relax and enjoy tonight." We stepped inside the lavish foyer where the host welcomed us. I gave him my name and he smiled checking off a list and asked if we'd like to check our coats before we were seated. I took Chrissy's before removing mine and handed them over to the coat room attendant. I turned to find Chrissy looking around with wide eyes, her lower lip held tightly in her teeth as she fondled her little heart pendant nervously.

"This way please." He said turning towards the dining room. Without thought Chrissy's hand slipped around my arm. I smiled and led her to the table. She got more than one look of admiration as we passed other tables. The host held her chair for her as she sat with a little smile thanking him. I sat down as he told us who our server would be and left.

Chrissy watched as he stepped away and ducked her head slightly whispering. "I feel like such a grown up." I had to stifle my laugh.

We ordered cocktails and then dinner. Chrissy indulging her love of seafood, I sat watching her eyes roll back with every bite of her scampi. The food was delicious, the wine as well. We finished with dessert and cappuccinos. She noticed I peeked at my watch.

"Already tired of me?" She said with a pout.

"Just making sure we're on time for our next stop." I smiled.

Her eyes opened wider. "There's more?"

I nodded with a smirk. "Not to worry, we're doing good on time." I said sipping my coffee.

She gave me a shrewd look, then shook her head with a smile. "I honestly don't know what I've done to deserve this kind of treatment, but I like it." I chuckled at that. I paid the check, we collected our coats and got the car headed towards our next stop. The club was in a converted warehouse, the brickwork old and worn as we entered and I picked up the tickets I'd ordered earlier in the week. Taking care of that, we were led to a small table a few rows back from the stage. I held Chrissy's chair for her as she sat. I sat beside her, the table set so we were practically side by side. She reached under the table squeezing my thigh as she smiled. She had seen the posters as we entered for the show and beamed at me knowing her love of music. We ordered drinks and the show started. We listened, she sang along under her breath to a few of the songs. At some point our chairs got much closer and my arm was wrapped around her shoulder and she leaned into me putting her head on my shoulder during one song. When it finished she looked up at me, our faces close. She just tilted her head slightly her lips parting as mine met hers in a deep kiss. The applause for the song was our backdrop for a moment. She pulled back slightly, a smile spread across her face, her skin aglow in the dim light. She excused herself and went off to the ladies room.

She returned a few minutes later set her clutch on the table as she sat, slipped her hand out of it and slipped it into my jacket pocket and withdrew it as she leaned in for another kiss. I smiled at her but the curiosity got the better of me and slipped my hand into my pocket. I felt a warm damp lacy bit of cloth. When the realization hit me I looked sidelong at Chrissy wide eyed. She just looked up at the stage biting her lip again and slipping her gaze sideways to me with a knowing smirk. She was lucky the club was crowded or I would have double checked. I removed my hand from my pocket and rubbed my nose smelling the musky scent of her. It inflamed the feeling that had been smoldering in me since I'd seen her emerge from her bedroom earlier. I politely declined another round from the waitress, and wondered how we could make a hasty exit without it being obvious. As the set ended Chrissy leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"There's a nice little park with a walk along the river not far from here."

"That sounds nice." I said softly. I wasn't in the mood for an encore. I stood carefully buttoning my coat hoping my arousal didn't show. Chrissy stood gathering her things and we made our way out to the entrance to collect our coats.

Once in the car she directed me through the streets down to the riverfront where found a place to park. We started down the walk to the waterfront, at one end of the park was a large brightly lit fountain, there were paths leading away down both river banks. She turned us toward the right which led us northward, lamp posts lighting the way, benches lay covered in autumn leaves, they lifted gently in the breeze off the water.

"Tonight has been amazing." She said wrapping her arm around my waist pulling herself tightly under my arm. I smiled.

"I couldn't agree more." I said.

She stopped looking over her shoulder to make sure we weren't being followed. The city had the feeling of people huddling inside in this cold late hour. We were the only people around. She took my hand and led me away from the walk way up the lawn under the trees, leaves rustling under our feet. She stopped a few yards away and turned leaning against the trunk of a large maple tree. She laid her hands behind her against the trunk as she inhaled the scent of the dead leaves and smiled up at me in the dim light. I took her face in my hands and kissed her deeply. Her tongue slipped along mine as her hand gripped my neck pulling me down into her. I felt dizzy like the world had begun spinning around us and she was the only solid point which I could hold onto. I broke away gasping for breath.

"How's a girl to keep from falling for you?" She asked breathing heavily.

"I don't know, but don't let me stop you." I smiled and kissed her again. Her hand slid up the front of slacks stroking me firmly.

"I want you, right now." She said as she reached for the zipper.

"Here?" I asked chuckling as I looked around noting we were in darkness afforded by the leaves still clinging to the trees above us. My zipper was down and her chilly hand found what it was looking for and pulled me none to gently free of my clothing.

"Here, and now." She said stroking me firmly.

I slipped my hands under her coat pulling her dress up over her hips. She spread her legs for me as she slid me into her damp heat. I groaned deeply as she wrapped her long leather clad leg around my hip urging me deeper. I reached around her grasping her exposed ass in my hands lifting her slightly as I leaned into her and pulled her down as I thrust forward. We both grunted as our mouths locked together. Her back arched away from the tree as I plunged into her in short hard strokes. I had her other leg around me as I drove forward with an urgency that scared me. She leaned her head back and gasped letting out high pitched whispers urging me on. "Yes, yes!" Being on edge all night it didn't take me long before I pitched forward pinning her against the tree as I climaxed, all of the tension built up finally releasing.

I gasped for breath, and opened my eyes realizing I was staring at her little silver heart pendant. I was still holding her hard against the tree, my fingers buried hard into her flesh. I relaxed slightly, her legs jerked as she tightened her grip around my hips. "Don't worry I won't let you fall."

"Too late." She said. I felt her tug the hair on my head as she lifted my face up to hers and kissed me deeply. "I'm already too far gone." She said smiling. "You're stuck with me."