Surefoot 43: Mamageddon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers

But it would not have left me feeling what I am feeling now."

The Caitian tilted her head, bemused. "And what are you feeling now?"

T'Varik breathed in, never losing her fixed gaze on C'Rash. "A feeling of suffused sorrow, that you might have died before I had an opportunity to express how important you have become to me, to my life. How much I love you."

C'Rash reacted to the open admission, drawing close and rubbing her muzzle against the side of her lover's face, embracing her and whispering, "What am I gonna do with you?"

T'Varik embraced her back, whispering, "Marry me."

*

It was late, and in their quarters, Kami and her husband sat close together on the couch, holding each other as she told him about her final encounter with Beldam. "I... brought to life my own Beast, Esek. I had only ever felt that way once before, when we were prisoners of the Ferasans, and one of them had broke Sasha's arm. That awoke something primal in me, but only for a few seconds.

But this was far, far more intense. When this creature tried to kill my cub, the cub in me... my Beast was born. I... I could have gone for my phaser and stunned Beldam. I could even have just killed her quickly, cleanly.

But I didn't want that. I wanted to literally tear her apart. I wanted blood."

He nodded soberly, sympathetically. "That... sounds familiar."

She swallowed. "My Beast certainly won't be as pronounced as yours was; she only existed for a few moments. But... I know she's there now. In the back of me. I- I don't know-"

"Tell me more about seeing Sreen's spirit," Esek urged.

She regarded him, seeing his question as a ploy to distract her, but taking it anyway. "She was... resplendent, Esek. Luminous, glorious. I- I don't know how much of it was shaped by how I picture her, or how much was just... her soul, unfettered by her tiny body." She nodded to herself, wiping tears from her eyes. "She's beautiful. So very beautiful."

He stroked her, smiling. "Like her mother. She's gonna do so many wonderful-"

"Wait." She swallowed, unable to hold back any longer. "There's something I haven't told you yet. Before this insane day started, I saw Doc Masterson." She breathed in. "Esek, there's a possibility that Sreen has Neurodystraxia."

He started, his expression turning cold. "No... Mother's Cubs..."

"It's not been confirmed, and we don't know how severe it might be."

He was nodding, taking in the news. "I knew a cub growing up back in the Archipelago with it; he needed antigrav crutches. My asshole father had a word for him, one I won't ever repeat." Esek frowned. "What- What about treatment?"

"Masterson says there's a cytoleptic treatment that Caitian doctors have developed recently. But... he tells me it's lengthy and repeated, it would have to begin while still in the womb... and it will cause her pain."

She squeezed his hand. "Esek... I'm not putting her through all that.

Neurodystraxia won't kill her, won't cause her pain. She may take longer to learn, to crawl and walk and speak. She may need mobility aids. She may struggle. A lot.

But Esek... I saw our daughter's spirit. She's strong. And she's brave. And she's fierce. If she has to struggle more than other cubs to keep up with them, physically or mentally... she can do it. With the help of her family." Kami swallowed. "Esek, I'm sorry, I've made this decision without you-"

"You don't need to be sorry. And I'm a hundred percent behind you on this."

She blinked. "You- You are?"

He smiled. "Of course. I won't be party to causing her pain for no good reason, either. Absolutely not."

She studied him, looking for signs that he was just saying that for her benefit, to avoid an argument. But she saw none.

She hugged him, breathed in his reassuring scent and relishing his huge arms around her.

"Esek," she gently warned him. "She might not join Starfleet."

He shrugged. "So what? She can do anything she wants, so long as she is happy doing it."

"But she might not be as extraordinary as you hope."

He pulled back, his expression incredulous. "Are you kidding me? She helped you fight off a 3,000-year-old monster while she was still in the womb!

She's already extraordinary!

Do you remember four years ago when you were carrying Misha, and that anaphasic lifeform Samedi boarded our ship and attacked you? Misha's instinctive love, his need to protect you, sent that monster fleeing, and gave us a chance to destroy him.

And now his little sister has had a chance to defend her mother too."

He hugged her again. "Our cubs are amazing. They get that from you. They'll be fine. You'll be fine.

We'll all be fine."

She clung to her husband, wanting to believe it with all her heart.

Inside, Sreen settled down again, satisfied that all was right once more...

THE ADVENTURES OF THE SUREFOOT WILL CONTINUE

Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers
1...456789