Susan's Renaissance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sweet wonderful Andrew smiled at me and said, "Your faith in me has paid off."

I was losing it and he pushed a second box in my hand. I was shaking pretty hard as I unwrapped that second box and then opened it. Inside the second box was a purchase agreement for a lot at 37 Lake Chantrain Trail and a purchase agreement for a forty-four by twelve office trailer.

Susan asked, "What is this?"

Kelsey hugged me and said, "The lot you are going to buy and live in Lake Chantrain and an office trailer you and your family are going to fix up for you to live in. All you have to do is sign them both to make it happen."

I lost it completely. They told me to put my coat on so they could show me the empty lot. Andrew explained, "This is 37 Lake Chantrain Trail. It is only seventy by eighty feet but it is legal for that trailer going lengthwise along the road."

I asked, "You really want me here?"

Everyone nodded. My family. I love my family!

He explained the trailer was not very nice inside but was solid and that it wasn't the nicest lot and that was what made it so affordable. There was only room for parking one car and most of the rest of the lot was ten feet above the road on a huge rock outcropping so stairs would be needed. Basically, the lot was dirt over a large hotel-sized boulder that was not going anywhere. A tiny lakeside lot with crappy access involving ten feet of stairs, but the view! He explained a list of other expenses to expect, but there was going to be enough money to do things well even after the additional items such as the membership in Lake Chantrain which was a shares-based membership that was going to cost me ten thousand plus one thousand dollars per year for regular dues.

I just shook and cried with all of the love flooding my way but managed to say, "So I will have money to fix the trailer up."

Andrew said, "Yep. By the way, my mom has an appointment to set you up for college at SUNY."

I was hit by another wave of wonderful and said, "College? Me?"

My mom said, "Tuition runs a bit over five thousand per semester... and once you are a full long-term resident next fall, tuition will be free."

I was bewildered, "Me... college? Free?"

Leah nodded and said, "As long as your income is under one hundred twenty-five thousand, it is free. The catch is a longer-term residency requirement, but do you want to leave?"

I was crying but shook her head vigorously and squeaked out, "I want to be here forever!"

Kelsey went over and hugged me and said, "Mom! Maybe we can commute together for class!"

They were still smirking at me and it was clear they were not done spoiling me. We went back to my daughter's place and I opened the final box. Inside were twenty gift cards of five hundred dollars each for Home Depot in one of those metal gift card holder boxes that said, 'From everyone!'. Everyone in my family had pitched in to give them to me.

A bit after half past nine, Brian, Anne, and Greg knocked on the door and were carrying bags of presents. I knew what I wanted most and did not care who saw. I had a deep wet kiss with my love, Brian then got a warm wonderful hug. I held his head firmly until I got my fill of a deep loving kiss. I gave Brian the good news about me getting a place in Lake Chantrain, but his knowing smile told me they had already told him.

As for mundane gifts, I gave Brian three of the largest Milwaukee Electric M18 batteries that came in a special three-pack. That was his biggest wish. It was zero romantic, but the man needed them constantly from constant use.

I also got him a detailing for his work van. It was three hundred dollars from a shop that did work vans as a specialty including the cargo area. This included a new floor liner that was another three hundred dollars, but was top of the line with an amazing Christmas sale. That wasn't romantic either, but he already had a lifetime collection of jeans and flannels and I like his Mennen Speed Stick and sawdust scent so cologne was out.

Brian had permission to bring Max so I got Max a stuffed squirrel to chew on and his own bed for when he visited with Brian. Andrew and Kelsey had talked it over and Max was welcome to spend the night any time Brian did. Max liked the squirrel, but loved the bed and spent most of the day in it looking up at us with a happy 'dog smile'. Max knew both gifts were his and clearly loved the bed.

After the presents for Max. Brian handed me a gift and then just smirked at me then I noticed everyone was smirking at me again. It was overwhelming already as I unwrapped the small flat box and there was a printed picture of a bunch of cabinets sitting stacked in a warehouse. I was dumbfounded, "You are giving me a bunch of cabinets?"

He nodded, "A funny thing happened and I took it as a sign. I did a job in Woodbury a month ago in this mansion. They wanted me to rip out this perfectly good and ridiculously expensive five-year-old kitchen to put the flavor of the year in. They did not care what I did with the old ones so I saved them. Then I learned your family's plans for today and well... It may be used, but it's the kitchen of the truly rich. I even managed to save a lot of the granite slabs. Damn, those are heavy!

I tackled him and gave him a tongue bath. No, I did not care who saw me though I heard, 'Get a room' several times. He was grinning and liked it and that is what mattered. He had worked tirelessly to carefully remove those cabinets and I made it extremely clear I appreciated it.

It was around half past ten when Hans and Carlos came by with a cart of presents. Carlos gave me two framed and hand-signed 5x7 prints of his nature photography. He did that in addition to photographing birds. One was a fall colors picture taken at Liberty Loop across the water and the other was one of one of the waterfalls at Ricketts Glen in Pennsylvania.

Carlos handed me five boxes and said, "More for my bird buddy!"

I was shaking again because I had more love and good times in the last four months than the rest of my life combined. I composed myself and opened the gift, literally shaking, and sat stunned when I saw a Nikon D850 camera and said,"This is too much."

Carlos shook his head and said, "No, it's not. Stop telling yourself you aren't worthy. I know about Earl and he is gone. You are a very worthy person Susan."

Carlos hugged me and said, "Hans and I are doing very well and have more than we can spend unless we do stupid things. We WANT you to have this. You are a natural. Okay. You are worthy and you are a naturally talented woman."

I could only squeak and nod.

The next box held a big telephoto lens, the next was a nice flash unit and the fourth box held a medium-sized zoom lens and a 50-millimeter non-zoom lens. The final box was a mish-mash of a dozen memory cards, and adapters.

I hugged Carlos who smiled at me, "You have no idea how much I treasure finally having a bird buddy. Your friendship and your reaction make it all totally worth it."

Mrs. Johanssen came by with a single box. I was shocked when I opened it to find a laptop computer and a certificate for January second at SUNY Orange for a single night course of 'Computer basics for the extreme beginner.' I was stunned as she simply said, "I adopted your daughter like a granddaughter so I may as well adopt you as my daughter. Those times you come over and just talk with me... mean a lot to me. You will never understand just how much. You and your family participating in the Movie Max video helped Lake Chantrain and that helps me. Again, a huge favor to me and the things I care about. This computer is a small thing compared."

It was wonderful being with people who wanted to be with me simply because they liked my company. I got shot and it improved my life immeasurably.

Dinner had the same people as Thanksgiving. I was sitting between Carlos and Brian. Hans was talking sports with my dad, Giants fans unite... yawn. Carlos was the most lively at the summer parties when he got to DJ. When he was not being Carlos the DJ, he was much quieter.

That night I was sitting in front of the lakeside window again, I had moved the loveseat to the window on the hearth side so I could look out and daydream happily feeling the warmth of the fire. I was leaning up against my Brian, happily pondering my life in silence relaxing in the orange glow in a dark room. I was just looking at the frozen lake with another cup of hot cocoa in my hands. Brian was on his phone reading about some new thing coming from Milwaukee Electric just being next to me. Andrew came over and pecked me on the forehead and asked, "Did you have a good Christmas?"

I nodded vigorously.

Andrew smiled, "You had quite a lot this Christmas, a camera, computer, clothes, gift cards, and a house! an entire freaking kitchen!"

I laughed and said, "I got something much better."

He asked, "What?"

I smiled and said, "Love. For the first time in my life at Christmas, Last Christmas was basically nothing. This Christmas was everything I could ever have hoped for and then far more! All I felt was the love of you all. All day. Love of my man and love of a family."

He pecked my forehead again, "Heading upstairs."

I smiled, "Thank you for everything you have done for me. Bringing me here has completely changed my life for the better."

He smiled and then headed upstairs.

I went toward my room hand in hand with Brian trailing behind me. I wanted my Christmas night with my man. My man. MINE!

We coupled once. The orgasms were not huge, but they were a nice release at the end of a perfect day and I was very tired. I was half laying on Brian who had his arm around me as I was getting drowsy to the glow of the lights of the Christmas tree in my room.

A perfect moment.

I kissed Brian on the cheek, "I could lay here in your arms forever..." and drifted off for the night fulfilled and content, skin to skin on my Brian.

Friday, December 28 2018

I signed the papers for the lot and the whole family plus Brian made a show of going to Mrs. Johanssen's home and handing them to her. I handed her a bank check for the lot, the membership, and the dues for the following year. The official purchase date was to be January first.

Another stark moment I remembered for the rest of my life. I handed over those items and realized that I, Susan McCoy was going to be a homeowner. ME! The girl from a dead town and a broken home... knocked up at thirteen and a mom at fourteen. Daughter of a prostitute. Woman beaten and controlled by her former husband. THAT Susan McCoy was going to own her home!

Mrs. Johanssen smiled at me, "Welcome Susan. I knew your family was presenting you with the offer sheet for that lot. I am glad you accepted. By the way, make sure you attend the shareholders meeting on Saturday the twelfth of January."

I smiled and hugged Mrs. Johanssen, "I'm not sure I could ever leave here. It has become my home."

Everyone was smiling as we went back and went onto my laptop and signed into the website with the trailer David had picked out. I put a check on that one then surprised everyone, except David and Brian, by buying a second twelve-foot by forty-four foot and a third trailer eight-foot by twenty. It was their year-end inventory clearance. Brian had worked with me as we scoured the internet and David was going to call in favors to get my permits approved quickly and he knew a guy who could tell us how to shore up the walls as we modified the trailers into one home. My place was going to be just over twelve hundred square feet when done.

Brian signed into his Sketchup account and showed renderings he had made for me. It wasn't fancy, but we were adding a gable roof across the length of the home and a second gable on the left side facing the lake. That gable was to extend over the small trailer which was going to be my eat-in kitchen overlooking the lake. The living room had its own tall gable in the center. The deck went across the front along the rest of the length with two sliders to the deck on the lakeside. The one near the center was to be my living room. The one on the right end, my bedroom. I could almost see myself there in a year, sitting in a loveseat facing the lake with my Brian and sipping hot cocoa and enjoying the view of that frozen lake.

Everyone oohed and aahed. I kissed Brian for all his help... and his love, "I love you. Thank you."

Brian spent the night again, the sex was amazing, but the connection beat it by miles. I was in love and falling ever deeper. He loved me and all he ever asked was to be loved back.

Monday, December 31, 2018

I was tired after work, but Carla had been right. I made two hundred sixty dollars in tips and my customers were not only nice, but almost apologetically so for having me work when most people were preparing for New Years parties.

Brian picked me up as he agreed. I was exhausted and quite frankly, I love it when he drives me places. It's sweet as heck and I love it. I walked out the door from work and sure enough, his van was right by the door, warm and ready. I greeted him with a rather wet kiss then asked, "Spending the night? Please!"

He smiled, I was tired but a nice easy, and soft missionary session would be just the ticket after going to bed. I did not have the energy for vigorous sex, but coupling to my love was magical and fulfilling. I was hoping that everything would die down right after midnight. Staying up until four was something for teens, even on New Year's Eve.

He smiled the brightest smile, "I love you."

I stroked his cheek softly and repeated, "I love you too."

He drove quietly. I know sometimes that his past with Brittany sometimes bubbled to the surface and I wondered if this was the case. I let him be other than reassure him, "Brian. I love you with all my heart and I will never hurt you."

He smiled, but was still quiet. I was surprised Brian's parents were at Leah and David's place, but I really liked them and was happy to see them. I really liked Anne. She took no shit, but doted on her husband similar to the way Leah did on David.

He was better when we got to Leah and David's place. They had the countdown on TV though they were tuned to one in Bar Harbor Maine, not New York City. It was a YouTube channel promising fireworks. It looked very cold, but a nice place to visit... In July.

It was five minutes to midnight and Leah was giving drinks to everyone.

Kelsey put her arms loosely around Andrew's neck and smiled, "Our first new year together!"

I smiled, my baby girl had a wonderful husband and I had a man I loved dearly.

10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5!

Why is everyone looking at me?

4! 3! 2!

Brian sure looks nervous again.

1!

He brought out an opened ring box, "Susan..."

I was nodding before he could get the question out, "YES!"

I tackled him and smothered him in a flurry of kisses.

*******

Author's notes.

I do not have any idea if any of the fifty-ish police officers are named Alvarez and in Middletown NY in 2018. I picked a surname that did not appear on their list of officers. If there actually is one and you are Officer Alvarez, I apologize, but I did not find a comprehensive list of officers as the list on their site seemed shorter than the number of people in the picture wearing police uniforms.

1...5678910