Sweet Venom Arc 03 Ch. 02

Story Info
Seeth gets an emergency call and Diego makes eggs?!
5.7k words
4.9
1.4k
1
0

Part 15 of the 45 part series

Updated 02/22/2024
Created 02/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Easy does it... I just finished cooking these bloody things and I am not doing another batch; I've seasoned these perfectly! Diego thought to himself as he carried a breakfast tray of lightly seasoned eggs, full-fat buttered toast and freshly squeezed juice through the main lobby of Karen's mansion, and up the stairs.

It was just sunrise, and the staircase was brilliantly lit by dazzling white-golden rays, pouring in through the thick, soundproof glass panels that made up a good portion of the mansion's architecture. Diego's bare feet sunk into the rich, steel-coloured carpet beneath him with every soft step. He was currently dressed in a sharply cut turquoise shirt and plain black trousers; uniform.

Admittedly, this was some super comfy carpet. Thick enough to sleep on, in fact. It was a better quality than most nomad beds.

The breakfast tray rattled gently as plates and cutlery clinked against one another, the juice slipping and sliding around inside its glass precariously and threatening to spill as Diego carefully climbed the stairs, and reached the gently-warmed landing. He paused for a moment and looked over at the view before him, through the glass walls to the surrounding estate.

This place was gorgeous. This area had only recently been terra-formed and grass only recently sown, and as such, acres upon acres of brilliant green, sweeping fields surrounded the mansion. The grass sparkled in the morning sun, thanks to a passing seeder barge (a low-hovering DA vehicle designed to spread seeds and water over large areas automatically) spraying fresh water from its sides in large, life-bringing arcs.

Hell, the grass was more comfy than a lot of nomad beds.

Watching the planet's sun rising over the distant mountains and lighting up those fields was a joy. And Diego got to witness it pretty much every day, seeing as part of his new life involved preparing his early-rising keeper's breakfast every morning. It was a picturesque and brilliant scene, with naught a single soul in the area besides himself. It was just... peaceful, in every sense of the word. No wonder she'd chosen to have her estate built here...

He arrived at the master bedroom, and tapped his knuckles against the door gently to signal his arrival.

"Come in, Diego." A feminine, well-spoken voice called out.

He pushed the door open slowly with the tray, and went inside. Somehow, the carpet was even thicker in here.

Karen was sitting upright in her massive bed, looking out over her balcony and enjoying the morning sunrise as well.

She was a pleasant dragoness to look at; brilliant golden skin that faded to a lighter, almost white, ghostly hue towards the end of her limbs and her snout. A pair of dazzling teal eyes sat just above her smoothly scaled muzzle, which was a little short for her species. She had sharp ears of a medium length, and a sleek set of horns that rested parallel above them. Her silvery-white hair was currently messy and curling around her face and neck, but usually she ensured to keep it straight and sharp. She had three teal marks on her face, one centred under her lips, and the other two, just under the outer corners of her eyes.

On her back sat a large and impressive set of wings, currently stretching out from either side of her as she relaxed in bed, as though reaching out for an embrace. They were coloured just like the rest of her, but covered with a splattering of teal pellets, as though someone had flicked a paint brush at her.

She met Diego with a sleepy, comfortable smile.

"Oh, those smell wonderful, Diego! Uh, just lay it on the bed for me here, please."

"Of course." He smiled back, half forced but also half not, and lay the tray down as she'd asked. Her bed was gigantic; even with her wings stretched out, she couldn't reach from one side to the other.

"I've changed my mind about the pool this morning. Don't worry about it. Instead, I'd like you to pop down to the village and pick up some shopping for me. Feel free to take your time, enjoy the morning, I know you like to go out and splash your feet around a little in the fresh dew!" She giggled softly and leaned over the tray, taking in the scent of the food. "Oh, look at those! Seasoned to perfection!"

"Thank you, Karen." His smile didn't falter, but he could feel his face reddening. She'd obviously been paying even more attention to him than he'd realised, and now he just felt embarrassed.

"Clean yourself up and head out straight after, if you'd like. I have nothing else for you to do this morning, and I'll send you the shopping list later on - oh! Before I forget, I'm hosting a party at the end of the month, so we'll need to get you a brand new suit, tidy up that hair of yours as well, have you looking less like you've spent the last six months just running through my hedges!"

"O-of course, Karen. Is that it then, for this morning?" He grit his teeth together slightly; the hair was a sensitive subject.

"Oh, don't pout. We'll keep your hair long, it just needs to be tidied up!" She giggled again and reached a hand out towards her breakfast, causing the blanket to roll down her body slightly and show off her silky dressing gown, with just the slightest hint of soft, golden cleavage.

Diego immediately averted his eyes and took a step back.

"W-will that be all, Karen?"

"Hmm, for now. Ugh, I've got a meeting later tonight with a nomad anomaly hunter and he is such a spineless hog! UGH! I will want a hot bath when I get back, so please have it ready for me... Right, that's it for now. On your way!" Her face had creased in frustration for a moment, but it swiftly smoothed into a satisfied smile as she hummed and chewed on a mouthful of toast.

Diego retreated from the room sharply and made his way straight back to his living quarters on the basement floor.

He walked quickly through his bedroom and into his small ensuite. Splashing his face with cool water, he rested his arms heavily against the sink, sighing loudly.

I do not need a reminder of what I'm missing. Or what I'm not doing. Or what I am doing! This is difficult enough as it is. He tugged at the thick metal collar, sat snugly around his neck.

I can't even jack off with this bloody thing on, not without Karen 'checking in,' asking me if I'm having a freakin' heart attack! I have no privacy in this place, she's made sure of that!

He stared at himself in the mirror, watching the water drip down his face and muzzle. His eyes narrowed, the briefest hint of a snarl curling at his lips.

I would have torn this place apart.

He jolted, shaking his head vigorously.

No! No. He grabbed a towel from the rack nearby and dried himself off.

The basement was less cushy than the rest of the house, but by no means was it a terrible place. The grey, stone walls were thick, heavy and pleasantly warmed, and he had several nice pieces of dark wood furniture, a generously sized single bed, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers for storing clothes, plus the ensuite. It was spacious, nicely heated and it felt rather homely, in a weird sort of way...

His eyes flickered briefly to the printed note that had been securely stuck to the wall above his bed.

"Any further escape attempts by the labourer will result in him being removed from the premises and re-auctioned after behavioural calibrations."

The words 'behavioural calibrations' had been underlined several times and circled in thick, red ink. It wasn't pleasant to be reminded, but it was useful. He remembered quite clearly the 'chat' he'd had with Karen that night...

* "Diego, stop it! That's enough!" Karen snapped and glared down at her labourer for a moment, then furiously continued pressing buttons on the remote device in her hand. The collar around Diego's neck beeped and flashed in correspondence; she was re-calibrating it, following his latest - and hopefully last - escape attempt. Diego growled threateningly through his molars and stared straight down at the floor. There were fresh cuts and bruises all down his arms and torso, and blotchy, red marks around his wrists. The collar tightened its grip for a moment around his neck, and instinctively he went for it, clawing and yanking at the metal ring.

"You're behaving like a child! There, we're done!" Karen sighed in frustration and placed the device down on the coffee table, locked and well out of Diego's reach. She looked over at the two DA enforcement officers, who had been watching their interaction from the far side of the room the entire time. "You can go now, I've got him from here."

"You better hope you do! The enforcement division won't tolerate strays meandering around a beautiful place like this!" One chortled. "I hear the pet store down the village is having a sale on leashes, maybe you should invest in one!"

Diego turned his furious glare towards the guards and made to stand, but Karen quickly placed a hand on his knee.

"Good boy, settle for your mistress now!" The guards continued to laugh as they made their way down the hall, and left the building. As the front door closed, Karen leaned in towards him, feeling the heat and anger rising off his skin.

"If you try and escape again, you better make sure it's a success, because I won't be able to help you again!" She hissed into his ear. "They're already starting to laugh at me, 'only one labourer, and she can't even reign in him' and the like! If the authorities catch you again, that's it! I don't know exactly what happens to repeat offenders, but trust me, they do not come back the same. So I suggest you get a hold of yourself, and go run me a god-damn bath." *

A deep growl vibrated through his throat. His next escape attempt needed to be successful, or he'd be in for a whole lot of trouble... But those were thoughts for another morning; for now, it was time to go shopping.

He pulled some fresh clothes from the wardrobe in preparation for the walk, a solid hour each way, along with a backpack. He glanced down at the walking shoes at the bottom of the wardrobe, and after a few seconds, decided to leave them be. Karen was right, he did like the feeling of the dew on his feet.

Before he could be alone for too long though (privacy wasn't a thing for him here, after all) the sound of small, pattering feet could be heard, rapidly approaching him. A pint-sized petshee suddenly bounded down the stairs and burst into his room, running circles around Diego's feet. It was akin to a gecko-puppy hybrid, with all the enthusiasm, daftness and love of a golden retriever puppy, combined with the aesthetics of a long-legged leopard gecko. There was a deep midnight hue to its little body.

"Yes, hello Morby." Diego sighed. "Ya know, I still can't tell if you actually like me or not. Are your brothers and sisters awake yet?" He kneeled down to pet the hyperactive bundle but it actively avoided his hand, still sprinting around him like a cracked-up lunatic. The rush of more feet suddenly echoed down the hall towards him.

"Oh yeah, you only like me when I feed you! How could I forget? C'mon, let's get you some lizzy-kibble, you adorable little twat."

*

"Fuck - FUCK!" Seeth slammed her hands down against her bed and collapsed onto it, curling up into a ball on the grey sheets.

She glanced up at the alarm clock on her bedside table - 3:45am.

Her room was the largest in their flat, with a king sized bed pushed against the far wall, a large metal desk against the right side, accompanied by a bin full of tissues and broken pens underneath. It was also the only room with a private bathroom, the door situated next to the desk. It was currently being used to dry out her freshly washed bio-suit; it hung limply over the glass door to the walk-in shower.

Seeth's skin was clammy, her forehead thick with sweat. She hugged herself tightly.

"Nothing to do - nothing to do, no distractions!"

She remained frighteningly still on the bed for a few seconds, before bolting upright and charging over to her desk, pulling the drawer open furiously and retrieving a battered notebook. She slapped it onto the metal surface of the desk with a loud *pang*.

Biting hard on her lip, she flicked through the notebook, scanning its crumpled, ink-scribbled pages until she got to a fresh one.

She grabbed a pen and pressed the nib up against the page... yet she could not make it move any further. Her fingers were trembling. She squeezed the pen harder until eventually, the plastic snapped in her grip. Quickly, the pen was thrown into the bin with all the others and she grabbed another from the drawer.

Indecision gripped her. She flicked back one page in the notebook.

From top to bottom, the words "IT DOESN'T HELP - IT NEVER HELPS" were scribbled in an aggressive, sketchy fashion over and over again, taking up all the lines, the header and footer and every inch of spare space.

Seeth gripped the pen in her fist and traced the words on the page, taking long, laboured breaths as she did so.

She could feel them through the walls.

Her body ached for it. They were so easy to overpower. She could take any one of them - hell, she could take them all! She knew that.

"M-maybe I could just ask if T-Trent or T-Tivy just... if they... if -"

She stopped herself again. The pen crunched in her hand, ink splattered all over her palm, and she dropped it into the bin.

"No. I've made it this far. That means something. He believed in me. I can do this."

Clasping her hands together tightly she attempted to meditate, closing her eyes and slowing her breathing. But, in all honesty, her mind was no good company right now.

Please, just come back to me...

Suddenly, a gentle pinging noise broke through the chaos, sweat and desire of Seeth's unique and personal hell, like a ray of sunshine. It was a sound that made Seeth exclaim with joy every time she heard it.

"OH THANK FUCK! OH MY STARS! YES!" Seeth cried out, her huge amethystine eyes turning glassy with relief.

She clambered over to her bedside table, where her data-tablet was bleeping.

One new message.

Still trembling, her fingers unlocked the tablet and quickly flicked through the main menu screen:

Seeth - Need you at the Fixer Den if you're available - Situation ongoing - Non-lethal takedown at the den - NON-LETHAL TAKEDOWN!!! - Wife made pie - COME QUICK! - Garnet.

She stared at the tablet, holding it in shaky, sweaty hands.

O.K. Coming.

Just those two words had to be deleted and retyped several times, as her shaking fingers hit the wrong keys time after time.

The moment her message was sent though, she charged into her bathroom, snatched up the still dripping hazard suit from the door and squeezed it on. In the space of just a few minutes, she had adequately dressed herself, but as she turned to leave, she caught a glance of herself in the mirror, and stopped.

Her hair was wild; an all too honest representation.

"This won't do."

She quickly reigned her dreadlocks in and tied them together into a huge single plait, ensuring the braid was as tight and clean as it could be.

"Better."

Quietly, she tapped on the panel next to her door, deactivating the sound shield and sliding the metal door open to reveal the empty corridor, linking to everyone else's rooms.

Seeth nipped out, walked down the hall and past the kitchen, where she heard a quiet fumbling. She paused and looked in, and saw the crouching form of Venner, pulling her security gear out of the washing machine. She was dressed in a loose-fitting, plain yellow nightie, rather unflattering considering her fit, well-kept physique.

Seeth averted her eyes, unwilling to look at her directly.

"Hey. I got a message -"

Venner leapt out of her skin and bolted upright with a gasp, clutching onto her uniform as a deep red blush spread over her tired face.

"S-Seeth! Fuck! Eugh! You scared me! W-what are you doing up?" Her shock faded into confusion as she eyed Seeth's biosuit. "A-are you going back out already? You only came back today!"

"Yeah. I got a message from Garnet, he needs me now. Not sure when I'll be back, might just be a quick one."

"You taking the ship?"

"Yeah, if that's okay with you?" Seeth asked, rubbing her forearm.

"No problem. you're the one earning the big bucks, better you use it than me."

"Thanks..." Seeth turned to leave, then looked back. "What are you doing up?"

"Oh. Just some laundry, Tivy doesn't do it right so I'm just... sorting it out." The rat suddenly went shy, shrinking a bit where she stood.

"Right. She would likely change what she was doing if you spoke to her about it. Save you being up at four in the morning for some washing... Anyway, gotta go."

"B-bye! Be safe!" Venner called out as Seeth resumed her pace, leaving the flat quickly and locking the door behind her.

The journey itself was a blur as she made her way through the housing complex to the dock, and quickly embarked on her routine journey to Garnet's den in Venner's ship.

Non-lethal? That's... specific. And unusual. I wonder what's got Garnet so worked up to message me like that? He has guards at the den too; why does he need me? Seeth sat back in the pilot's seat and wondered to herself as the stars drifted past her. It was only a short trip, and within a few minutes her ship had docked at the den, a converted asteroid that now functioned as Garnet's heart and home.

She grabbed her somewhat blood-stained equipment from the weapon's rack within the cargo hold - just a studded metal bat and a stun rifle - and cautiously exited the ship. Each landing pad had been positioned within easy walking distance (and view) of the den's main reception, which was smoothly decorated with white and grey tiling. The reception was always warm and nicely lit, and usually bustling with bounty hunters looking for their next contract, or visiting old friends from Garnet's military days. Now, there was a distinct lack of people inside. Something was very wrong.

Seeth entered the lobby slowly and noted its empty chairs, the drops of blood on the floor. The receptionist was nowhere to be seen, and there was a strange noise... a mechanical noise, almost like drilling.

Seeth approached cautiously, bringing her stun rifle up to her shoulder and following the sound to its source.

Ahead of her was a heavy security door, operated by a code panel on the wall. Her eyes flickered to the panel, and the faint speckling of red blood on the metal numbered buttons. As she approached, however, a light above her head flashed green and the doors parted automatically, revealing a large storage bay.

The bay itself was very grey, sterile and metal. The floor was mostly empty, except for several large metal crates stacked up in the corners and against the wall, illuminated by industrial white lights hanging from the multi-meter tall ceiling.

The sound of the drilling intensified, and the source revealed itself quickly. On the opposite side of the storage bay was a second security door, which was currently being bored into by a mechanical drill, fixed up with some scaffolding to keep it in place.

Standing guard, currently huffing and swinging a kanabō club, an intimidating and deeply irritated woman patrolled the drill and the bay, hustling between the whirring machine and a small group of bound hostages, including Garnet's receptionist.

"I swear to fuck, I didn't want to do this. But if you don't believe I can't FUCKING HANDLE MYSELF, then I'll just have to show you, won't I? YOU WATCHING THIS GARNET?!" She paused and stared intently up at the corner of the bay, where a small, silver security camera was watching her. "I'll get those fucking contracts, whether you let me have 'em or not!"

The woman was a strider class oni-demoness, standing at seven-foot-nine, with blood-red crimson skin. She had a humanoid face with sharp but attractive features, piercing copper eyes and brilliant white hair in a messy, fluffy and chaotic bob cut. Her body was heavily muscular, donned in armour designed to deliberately expose her carved midriff and thunderous thighs, although most of her body was well protected, and armoured in heavy metal plating. Her slender tail, fists, and feet were wrapped in a white fabric, giving her a strong sense of physical prowess. The fabric around her knuckles were stained with pink splatterings of blood - likely someone else's.

12