Sweet Venom Arc 03 Ch. 16

Story Info
Seeth has a harrowing encounter with the Vora Barons.
8.2k words
4.8
657
00

Part 29 of the 45 part series

Updated 02/22/2024
Created 02/25/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 16 - Shade

"I WANT HER FLESH AND I WANT IT NOW!" The Baron Chief-Seer spat a mouth of stringy chicken and phlegmy saliva across the table, slamming his heavy fist down with a thunderous bang. Plates rattled, and knives clinked together as the wooden surface shook.

A Vora Baron mothership is truly a sight to behold, a beast in its own right. They are much larger than the usual barges and tugboats you'd find prowling about nomad space; large enough to comfortably house hundreds of Barons at a time, but just as rugged and poorly maintained. In this instance, several dozen Barons of various forms and sizes (although generally on the larger side) were crowded around a large table in the ship's main hall. Thick, creaking brass grating lined the floors, dripping with freshly spilt viscera. The grease-lined walls were adorned with poorly-hung weapons, trophies, and prisoners, crudely strung up by puncturing bare metal cables that weaved in and out of their limp bodies.

The Baron Chief-Seer was sat at the head of the table. He was draconic, with deep red scales glittering against his skin, violent orange eyes, and a pair of tattered, large wings sat upon his shoulders. The hall was busy with the sound of chatter and discussion, but also with the clumsy scratching of pencil on grease-stained paper. Sheets were scattered about in seeming disarray across the table, and several had also been pinned up against the walls. Some were covered in notes, written in a messy illegible scrawl for the most part, but most had a familiar amethystine face drawn on them, with varying degrees of accuracy.

"If I may, Chief-Seer..." A smaller, human male stood by the side of the gluttonous dragon. He stood out a little from everyone else in the hall, thanks to his somewhat normal weight and height. He had a slick, black side-swept fringe and a cunning guile to his step. His voice had a synthesised hum to it, emanating from the bionic neck that connected his head to his otherwise completely organic body. He clearly shared something in common with his larger cousins, but seemed distinctly different to them in another, more insidious way.

The man raised a far more accurate and well-drawn portrait of Seeth up to the Baron, and tapped on it with the pen in his other hand.

"...This is the closest image we can verify... but this really isn't the issue. And I think you know that." He gestured to the litany of drawings strewn around the hall.

The Baron huffed loudly, swiping a fist-full of paper off the table and reaching for a fresh leg of meat as his lesser continued.

"You're fighting an opponent that is wielding no less than field artillery, that can overpower us Barons up close, and seems remarkably illusive for such a physically dominating presence. There needs to be a shift in tactics - a shift in priorities."

"Get to the POINT, Theyrun." The Baron rasped, his throat thick with juices and mucus. His beady eyes drifted towards the human's throat in a not so subtle manner.

Despite the Baron's threat, Theyrun seemed unphased.

"You said it yourself, Chief-Seer. You want her flesh. Your Barons are trying to bring her down in the usual prey manner, ideally preserving her life or, failing that, preserving as much of her meat as possible. It should appear obvious at this point that she is not prey. Our supplies have decreased dramatically since she appeared, we're having to launch more and more attacks that we no longer have the manpower for, and we are coming back less and less successful each time. We are both painfully aware of this fact, and she is too. She is using our own greed against us."

"So, what do you suggest? You think we should go open season on her? For just one woman?"

"With respect, Chief-Seer, this 'one woman' has single-handedly disabled over fifteen barges over the course of this week alone. We were at our peak a few mere months ago. Our hunts were more successful, and our bounties bigger, than they'd ever been before in Baron history. But now? We've hit some of our worst casualty rates since the Cyrune incident."

Theyrun quickly cast his gaze towards the entrance of the hall where several Barons were just lumbering in, wearing masks and full environmental suits, and carrying huge silver casks on their shoulders. "She has restored the nomad's confidence in the sector to the point where even our prisoners know who she is! They speak of 'Lockblade' in the cells of this very ship, right now, hoping that she comes for us."

"Famine Bringer..." The Baron growled. The bone in his hand, which had already been picked clean of its flesh, was promptly snapped in two with a loud crack that echoed around the hall.

"Your efforts to not appear intimidated by her has only enabled her further. We cannot pretend that she hasn't affected us, else we may give her the room to destroy the entire fleet. How many Barons has she slain? How much cattle does she need to 'liberate' before you consider open season? She has taken several hundred times her own body-weight in food from us! The scales are unbalanced! Need I remind you what happened to the last Baron lord who failed to feed his kin?"

"No..." The Baron replied in a surprisingly soft tone, sinking back slowly into his creaking chair. "I was her body. Her meat. I will not be embarrassed by one single woman. The Barons will not be dominated by this... thing." He flicked at the drawing of Seeth in a mixture of embarrassment and disgust.

"Doubling down will not solve this issue." Theyrun continued to press his master. "If you're not willing to recall the barges or to issue a kill on sight order, then I propose a counterintelligence strategy. She must have a support network, and there are only a few merc dens still in operation. Let's track down who is still supplying contracts, and cut the creature's head off at its source."

"And get burned by every den this side of the DA's border...!? Hmm..." The dragon pondered Theyrun's words, scratching his chin as he weighed up the potential consequences of attacking a merc den. Generally, dens were seen as true neutral zones, and anyone stupid enough to mess with them would paint a target on their back for every merc in the guild to see. But these were the Barons, and the Barons were seen as fair game anyway... Besides, the nomads hadn't been much of a challenge up until this point. Once that godforsaken czarite was taken care of, there'd be no resistance at all...

"The priority is still to have her meat on our hooks. I will keep the bounty. But I heed your words, Theyrun. Perhaps it's time we go on the offensive."

The dragon fixed his gaze on the drawing of Seeth in front of him. His eyes stared into the paper as a concoction of feelings coursing through him.

"You still have contacts at the Black Lance?" The Baron asked, his mouth curling into a snarl.

Theyrun nodded in response, with the slightest grin visible at the corner of his pointed lips.

"Reach out to them, find who's dealing with her contracts. Let's pull the curtain back on this dick-swinging, top-heavy tart. If that means being burned by the rest of the mercs, then so let it be."

*

"This fuckin' BITCH! SHOW YOUR FACE!"

From deep within the darkness of the barge's interior, a faint metallic jangle echoed through the Baron's ears.

"L-Lockblade! S-She's here!" A nomad cried out from behind his cell bars, prompting a rush of footsteps behind him. Suddenly, dozens of bodies were pressing themselves up against the metal, staring intently out through the bars at the two Barons who were marching forward in the dark, each armed with a massive auto-cannon. Thick metallic flashlights were bolted to the bottom of the weapons, along with a softly beeping motion sensor, which was shining a weak green glow over their bodies as their eyes darted between the beam of light shining ahead of them, and the motion display. There were numerous doors on both sides of the corridor ahead, draped in shadow and interconnected by the labyrinthian design of the barge.

"Shut ya damn trap, meat! Before I pull you through the bars and eat you!" One of the Barons snapped at the prisoner.

"You're gonna die, Baron! And not a moment too soon!" Another nomad shouted, his voice hoarse and croaky.

The Baron turned and went to respond, but just as he did, the bleep of the motion sense caught his attention. Straight down the corridor, there had been a flash of movement.

"LIGHT HER UP!"

The auto-cannons roared to life and bright orange sparks of explosive lead hurtled down the corridor.

BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM!

The corridor shook violently with each ear-piercing shot, shell casings clattering to the ground as the Barons held on tightly to their death-dealing machines. After several long seconds of sustained fire, the barrels rested, smoke wafting out from the glowing steel.

The motion sensors were silent.

"Did we get her?" The Baron's voice cracked slightly.

"Well I'm not fucking checking. I can't see shit down there!"

It was even harder to see down the corridor now than it had been before, thanks to the lead rain which had served only to further shroud the black interior with thick smoke, rising from the holes and craters where the bullets had impacted. Both of the Vora Barons stared down at their motion sensors blankly.

"You should -"

*Crack!*

The Baron tumbled forward as his knee suddenly buckled from beneath him, but before another syllable of pain could dribble out from his slobbering lips Seeth's hands had seized his head, and were twisting sharply. A bassy, muffled crack echoed down the corridor as he slumped forward and collapsed with a heavy, metallic thud.

The second Baron spun around on the spot and was immediately met with an earth-shattering punch, right in the ribs, sending blood rushing to his head. His autocannon was ripped out of his hands, but his vision was blurry, and all he could do was swing his fists clumsily into the darkness.

The darkness responded with overwhelming force.

Blow after crunching blow smashed into his body in a bone-shattering flurry. Blood leaking from his nose and mouth, his body quickly crumpled and keeled over. The corridor shook as the Baron hit the floor with a painful but unceremonious thump. He didn't move, didn't flinch, not even as Seeth drew her axe and brought it down on his neck, severing it cleanly. The head rolled along the floor ungracefully as the body rapidly exsanguinated at the stump.

As his blood slowly leaked out over the floor, the corridor was suddenly immersed in a deep crimson hue as the emergency lights clacked back on.

Finally. Took 'em long enough to get those back on, the fat sacks of shit.

Seeth sighed gently and turned to face the cell full of nomad prisoners. They were staring at her, a mix of awe and gratitude.

"I-It's really her! Lockblade! You've come for us!" One of them shouted out, his hands tightening around the metal bars, his tired face now full of hope.

"Lockblade?" Seeth raised an eyebrow.

Her axe jangled as she hooked it across her back. A thick ring of ornate keys hung from the base of the handle, all taken from other Baron barges, other victories. A suitable memento, she thought.

"Ohh... I see. C'mon, let's get you all out of there. Ship isn't clear yet."

She marched towards the bars and went to rip them from their hinges, but the prisoners inside shook their heads violently.

"D-Don't! You need the key!" They pointed to a vent in the ceiling, centred in the middle of the cell. "They have Ten Percent hooked up to us!"

"Ten Percent?"

"I-It's the gas they use! We don't know what sort it is, but we've heard the Barons talking about it! Five Percent to stun, Ten Percent to kill. That's how they talk about it."

"Right." Seeth stifled a sigh but nodded firmly at the nomads, loading the SAFU cannon and flicking the safety off.

Captain likely has the master key. I'll need to clear the rest of the ship.

And so, she proceeded through this ship as she'd done with all the others.

Thunder in her hand, blade guarding her back.

Their panic was palpable. Under a torrent of tungsten rain, Seeth cleared room after room. No Rager could withstand her blows, no Baron could halt her advance.

Every roaring shell painted the ship with a spatter of bright red blood, like flicking a wet brush at a canvas.

She noted a deliberate shift in their tactics the closer she got to the heart of the barge. Panic was starting to set in, now that they knew who was attacking. The Barons were becoming more and more willing to use their guns to try and take her down. Seeth's bully diagnosis had been correct from the very beginning; Vora Barons were quick to crumble under anyone capable of standing up to them.

Mere minutes later, Seeth had all but cleared the barge. She'd shot and cleaved her way through body after body like they were nothing, and made her way to the cockpit.

A thick metal security door stood between Seeth and the cockpit, which had been locked tight from the inside. The metal had been defaced with a crude writing, spelling out the word 'COWARD' in bright yellow letters. Seeth's eyes drifted down to the Baron slumped to the side of the door with patches of yellow paint on their broken body, split open by the SAFU mere moments ago.

She quickly loaded a new shell into the SAFU and blasted the handle clean off, before unhooking a grenade from her belt and launching it through the watermelon-sized hole left in the door.

A flash of white-hot heat erupted inside the room, with a quick boot of the door it buckled inwards off its hinges and Seeth charged inside, pointing the SAFU at all four corners.

The room was empty. A heavily worn pilot's chair was positioned in front of several large screens and the ship's main controls, complete with the usual Baron decoration of gnawed bones and discarded litter.

There was a supply room on her left which looked like it had been hastily raided, but otherwise the room seemed undisturbed. She quickly looked around for any lurking Barons, but all seemed to be clear. Hiding and stealth wasn't exactly a Vora Baron's strength, after all. However, something in the corner of the room did catch her eye.

That's unusual...

A massive shiny white crate, standing nearly as long as Seeth was tall, was opened and looted.

That looks like DA tech.

She approached the crate, examining it closely. She recognised it from her military days as a twelfth generation security crate, guarded with nigh-unbreachable code locks. Curiously, the lock was completely intact.

They didn't brute force this open - they must have had the code. How..?

It was impossible to say what had once been in the crate, however there was still a large sum of Dies within, spilt over the armoured base. As she peered inside, to get a closer look... her body suddenly shuddered.

Someone was watching her.

She swung back round, hands gripped around her shotgun, ready to fire... but there was no-one there...

No. She could still feel it. That chill along her spine. Someone was watching her, someone was here.

Cloaking!

She raised the SAFU and fired. The roar from the blast was followed immediately by the static buzz of an energy shield being struck.

It was a direct hit. A huge Baron suddenly fizzled into existence. The armour may have stopped the SAFU shot from barreling through her attacker, but it had taken all of its power to do so. Seeth cocked her weapon, ready to fire, but just before she could pull the trigger, a flash of familiarity caught her off guard.

Black skin, purple eyes.

And she froze.

It was just the briefest hesitation. But it was all that he needed.

*CLUNK*

In just one second of hesitation the hulking man had swung for her head with all his might, landing a shattering blow which instantly knocked her down. Seeth hit the floor with a muffled thump. Reality swayed. Her vision went blurry.

A strong, greasy, hand reached down and seized a fist full of her dreadlocks, pulling it tightly. Slowly, her exposed body was pulled upright as her eyes fluttered around desperately, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

"I can see why the boss wants you. Thick meat. Juicy. Heavy. Too bad he's not here to taste it."

A torrid breath filled the air, a rancid taste heavy on her tongue.

Her body hung clumsily from her hair. She was still reeling from that first blow. The Baron yanked on Seeth's neck and pulled her neck painfully to the side, exposing her bare skin.

*THUNK*

Hot fluid gushed from her neck, and with a shiver Seeth tumbled back into reality.

Her eyes found the Baron before her, gripping her hair, ready to slam his cleaver into her neck once more. His stare was desperate and hungry, his mouth frothing for a taste of her succulent flesh.

He swung again, the cleaver burrowing deeper into the spewing wound. It impacted the bone with a head-rattling thwack.

With a loud cry Seeth suddenly started flailing at him, eyes wide, the strength quickly leaving her body as blood oozed down her chest. He swung again but she raised her arm and interrupted the strike. The cleaver smacked straight into her carapace, and as Seeth pulled her arm away the weapon lurched free from the Baron's sweaty grip, and clattered to the floor. Enraged, the Baron changed tactics and with his now free hand, shoved her back. She hit the ground and the Baron landed directly on top of her, his fat, sweaty form pinning her down as she tried to get away.

Seeth's heart pounded against her ribs. This was not a situation she was used to, this guy was bigger than her... He pulled himself up, purposely keeping his heavy body on hers and reached towards her face, wrapping his thick fingers around her neck and squeezing tightly. His other hand grabbed her body, groping anything and everything it could, squeezing her hips and thighs tightly.

His fingers tightened around her throat, his disgusting, weighted form bearing down on her. Seeth was in an all-out panic now, blurred images, half-formed thoughts and streaks of colour flashed through her brain. She flailed again, wildly, desperately trying to push his otherworldly girth off of her, but her attempts just seemed to antagonise him, and he pushed down harder.

Feeling victory in his grasp, the Baron pulled back on her back, then slammed her head hard against the floor, staring deep into her eyes as his gross form sat across her chest.

She was going to die here. To this fat sack of greasy filth. And then he was going to eat her.

No. I can't go out like this.

*BANG*

"This... is what happens..." The Baron panted, spittle flying out of his mouth. "To people... who challenge... THE BARONS!"

He smacked her head against the metal panelling, and a high-pitched ringing echoed around her head. His weight was squeezing the breath out of her chest. Her hands pushed against his body, but they just seemed to sink into his fat and fur. There was nothing to grab, or to pull. She was running out of fight. It was like a nightmare.

The room began to fade. Black fur, purple eyes. Another Baron victim on the ever-growing pile.

Desperation filled her, pouring into every crack and crevice of her heart.

There was a way out of this... something she could do...

With every blink of his eyes, her body lurched with a profound rush of freedom. She wouldn't even have to concentrate. At this point, it was taking more effort not to teleport. Her resistance sat uncomfortably in her stomach, as though she were about to vomit.

Some might call it a gift. But with every jolt that shot through her body, Seeth could only think of the nomad she'd tele-fragged on Barru X. An unknown, unsuspecting, innocent person, who'd been terrified for their life...

To end up splattered against the walls of their own living room.