Sweetening Convention

Story Info
A secret furry at a convention gets into bed with a friend.
6.4k words
3.6k
9
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

All work is fiction intended for fantasy only, regardless of content, and consent must always be acquired when engaging in any sex act with another adult.

Please note that all characters are clearly over eighteen and written as such in all stories.

--

Nomax shifted his weight, Tabby sitting before him, though she was only drinking a soft drink, something fizzy and sweet. He knew what it was as she'd let him try a bit and some part of the canine anthro had wondered just how it would have tasted if coming from her lips. But that thought had made him feel all hot and bothered under his fur, when he was not sure that he should have been thinking about the woman before him in that way.

"You okay, Nomax?"

She smiled and his heart turned over again. It was so easy to get lost in her brown eyes, spots of hazel deep inside, though he could see them more clearly when she was wearing contact lenses rather than her glasses. Her dark brown hair could have been black in the right light, hanging down to her shoulders and sharply cut, contrasting the softness of her facial features and the laughter lines around her eyes. If there was one thing that came easily to Tabby, it was her smile.

Around them, grabbing a quick bite to eat after the Dealer's Den had closed, the convention was in full swing, other people in full fursuit thrumming around, moving amongst one another like the flow of a river that understood the course that it was to take. Many knew one another and the rest were open to conversation as it found them - mostly. Furries from all walks of life came to conventions like that, but that the African Wild Dog in their midst was not eating while everyone else at the table was sating themselves was not seen as a strange thing.

He sweated nervously, the pads on his paws moister than he would have liked, squirming in place, trying not to sit on his tail. That he was a furry at a furry convention... That was not strange. That he was an actual furry, one that was a real African Wild Dog at a furry convention? Now, that was the strange part. Yet Nomax could only say that he'd found the community so welcoming and accepting online, when he had simply been an entity behind a computer screen, that to not progress to the next natural step, finding out what more was out there for fun and friendship, would have been more confusing still for him.

At least others there thought that he was merely wearing a fursuit, though he never quite knew what to say about the comments that it was such a realistic one. A bashful smile and a shrug and, well, he did his best to avoid talking too much in public, though that was difficult enough when all he wanted was to be involved in every invent, to watch every panel. He didn't even take his lanyard off, complete with all his favourite self-designed and commissioned tags, when he crashed into bed, saddened by the fact that it was nearing the last night of the con.

Tabby and her friends, who she had introduced him to, had all gotten on like a house on fire, though Nomax didn't quite think that that saying worked as well as they thought. It was good though to be around light-hearted people, even if they didn't know that he was really an anthro, the kind of people that made him feel like the convention was even more of an escape from reality than it already was.

"We're having a little get-together tonight, a mini room party."

Sarah caught his attention, cheeks dimpling as she smiled.

"Do you want to come?" She chuckled, rubbing the side of her face and removing a touch of concealer. "Are you going to be in fursuit? I bet we can get some great pics of you if we go out for a late walk!"

He could only nod, for it was hard to make it sound as if his voice was coming out of the mouth of a suit and not his own, for his lips moved far more than even the most realistic suits out there on the market. But he could mimic a suit and part his jaws in a smile, letting them all know, at the very least, that he was game for something quieter. Besides, it would be nice to take things down a level, for even helping Tabby out in the Dealer's Den had been tricky to do with a layer of fur covering him, though he had drawn more people to her table. That could only be a good thing, the canine dipping into the shower and finding food for himself, in his room, of course, before the hour got too late.

Still, he could not stop the squirming feeling in the pit of his stomach as he paused before the door, voices rising inside. It was a suite, something that a couple of them, including Tabby, had pooled together to afford, though it did allow them more room to store fursuits and the like. Nomax smiled at the memory of fursuiting last night with her, Tabby in her cute silver tabby cat costume (hence her chosen name), how the lights had glanced off the lake. She'd been adorable even then, but the dog could not have said quite why he'd fallen for her.

A crush? Well, he'd had those before. Even someone like him could not lean too far away from the warmth spreading through his body, lifting him up and making things noticeably brighter merely when he was around her.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked - and then the party was in full swing. They welcomed him in, grabbing his arms and paws lightly, though everyone was so gentle with him as they thought he was still in suit. No one wanted to damage what they thought was an exceptionally high-quality suit, though he was more than happy to share hugs and more, dressed just as they were in jeans and a T-shirt (furry branded, of course) and a grey hoodie that he'd lent to Tabby the other night. It still smelled a little bit like her, the fruity spice of the perfume that she dabbed at her neck.

"Are you ever going to tell us where you got this suit?" A guy that he didn't know, though had seen in passing, said, rocking back on his heels to admire Nomax, though the dog had to fight not to squirm uncomfortably. "It's amazing... I don't even know how they did all the detail in the fur!"

Blushing discreetly, Nomax waved him off, eyes roaming over the people remaining there. The suite was a good size, but a handful of people filled it nicely with comfortable activity, music playing from a furry band, everything relaxed and easy-going: exactly the vibe that he wanted there.

He didn't want to think that Tabby was sitting so close to him for any particular reason, but it was impossible not to notice how close she was, her arm brushing up against his every time she reached for a drink. That time, she had an alcoholic beverage, something fruity and light that slipped down her throat easily, not being one for harder liquor. He might have gone for mixed drinks himself, though everyone said that he had to let them know if he had too much or if he didn't want alcohol, even though it was Tabby who fed the straw into his maw. It was surprising to be assisted to drink but even she still thought he had a fursuit...or so he thought.

The alcohol eased the edges of inhibitions and allowed courage to surface when it may not have otherwise been present, conversation flowing so easily between them all that Nomax forgot that he tried to limit talking. It was simply too easy to laugh with Tabby, her shoulder bumping into his, his tail even lifting and wagging, freed from its position between his body and the back of the sofa where they were seated.

"Hey..."

Jade, an artist that he knew in the fandom and had been exceedingly flattered to meet, leaned in towards him, her brow furrowed.

"Your... Your tail just moved. I thought that was just supposed to hang? You didn't say that it had that function?"

He sucked in a breath and tried not to tense, holding his maw slightly parted to give the impression that he was controlling the jaw of it too, though his heart pounded viciously.

"Yes... Ah... I swapped it out for another one. I can do the ears too!"

That might not have been the best thing to claim but, well, there was little more that he could do in a moment like that, panting lightly, his tongue fluttering within his maw. Yet alcohol made him forget about the little things that he had been trying to hide for the whole convention, showing them a little too obviously how much his ears could swivel back and forth. The praise, however, softened the edges of his demeanour, forgetting himself, tongue lolling out.

"Whoa, that's so cool!"

It was a small group to accidentally reveal himself too, though Tabby looked at him strangely, a hand on his thigh. That might not have been so strange if he had been in fursuit, but he felt everything even through his jeans, her touch setting off an electric tingle pulsing through him, itching and coursing.

"Nomax..."

There was a flush in her cheeks as she leaned in but there was something there that the African Wild Dog did not think was due to the alcohol. Everyone else had gotten bored of teasing him, having seen so many fursuits during the convention, but the four of them were still there, in the background.

Nomax didn't see that, whimpering and squirming, trying to pull away even though he knew too that he had to stay where he was. That was because it was where Tabby was, wearing her cat ears, the dog unable to think of anything besides simply how adorable she was with them on. She'd look cute to him no matter what she wore.

But what he did not expect was for her lips to brush his cheek, feeling the fur, though there was more behind the kiss than even he expected. He felt the warmth of her gasp against his cheek just as she felt the warmth of him beneath the fur, something soft and tactile and so very real that he could not deny it.

Nomax gulped and held a paw up to his lips, one finger there, eyes pleading. "Shush", the gesture said, though his eyes flicking back and forth anxiously could have conveyed that all on their own. Tabby sat back, wide-eyed, but something had been revealed to them that could not be taken back, the reality of him being a real anthro at a furry convention out in the open - or at least between them.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She hissed, though it was hard for Tabby to keep her excitement under wraps, leaning in close, lips quirking up already in a breathless smile. "You could have said! And what are you doing at a furry con if you're... If you're..."

But she couldn't get the words out as she ran her hands over his fur, his coat, the fluff of it, playing through the markings wondrously. Tabby giggled, hardly able to believe it herself, fingers pressed over her lips.

"Jeez, Nomax... And I thought you were running around in suit all the time! It's a good thing that I didn't ask you to take your head off! I thought you were more comfortable in it and didn't want to make you feel put out!"

The dog blinked, head working more slowly than usual. He didn't want to leave her hanging but his tongue was thick in his mouth, flickering against his teeth. Pausing for time, he grabbed his drink, turning his head a little so that the others could not see how he pursed his lips around the straw. There was no need to hide it from Tabby anymore anyway.

"Why would you ask me to take my head off?"

She grinned, though he wasn't so sure that he recognised the look in her eye.

"So that I could kiss you... Is that so strange?"

He blinked, his lower jaw falling slack, but it was most certainly Tabby who took the lead that time, filling in the space between them with her words and her body. Her lips were on his before he had a chance to react, breath catching, head tipping back as she pressed over him. Whereas he was wearing his grey hoodie, Tabby only had a light T-shirt on, and Nomax was more than easily able to feel the curves of her body as his paws lifted, nervously, to her sides. It felt right though, even though he didn't want to push things too far too fast, hardly aware of what he was doing as she kissed him, tongue flickering up to his lips.

It was strange to kiss a human, though the canine had done so before. Maybe that was why he'd been so hesitant to go out on a limb and push on into something more, even if it was just a bit of fun. Who was to know? He wasn't, most certainly, teetering on the precipice of something greater than the two of them, tilting his head a little so that their lips could more easily come up against one another.

Half in his lap, Tabby quivered, trepidation in her too, despite her being bolder than him. It would have been strange if she'd thrown all manner of caution, who she was in the heart of her being, to the wind, still the same woman that he had stirrings of a crush for. Nomax swallowed, his lips parting, showing her how anthros could kiss too with a fluttering pulse of his tongue brushing sensually and sweetly up against hers.

What he didn't expect was how that sensation alone made his stomach jump, flipping over, twisting within him.

Oh...

"Uh-oh, look out, lovebirds over here."

Dimly, Nomax was aware of the rest of the group tittering lightly, though there was no ill-feeling or will behind it. He probably wouldn't have been friends with them if they had been like that, though he wanted to pause, to explain things to them, to let the secret out good and proper. It was wrong to hide it from them, he understood that now that Tabby had accepted him as he was, but it was as wrong to him to stop kissing Tabby, drawing her in against his chest with a groan that rose from the depths of his soul.

Sometimes, no words were needed and that was something that he had learned more and more in recent days at the convention, often mute to keep his secret, but loving every second of it. Yet being with Tabby right there and then would forever remain the highlight of Nomax' very first convention, the warmth of her body melding softly up against his as if the curves of both of them had been meant to fit together.

Was that too sweet and sappy? Nomax could not find it in himself to care, groaning lightly into her mouth, lost in the moment. It was not unheard of for things to "kick off" in a good way, as they were for them, at parties, but Nomax had not expected it, his mind roaring with lust that could not be controlled, for the woman in his arms leaned into him even more passionately. What were the two of them to do, after all, when such inclinations matched up so perfectly, heartbeats racing harder and faster, the canine blushing as his paws sweated all over again?

"Come on..."

He didn't want to look up, the others talking, his ears folded back, no longer caring to even do anything to pretend that he was someone other than who he was. He couldn't, not with Tabby in his arms, cradled so very close that he felt every tiny shift of weight in her body, her soft thighs slipping to either side of his legs as he leaned back.

"Let's give them some privacy, I want to check out the dance anyway. Can you guys get it together by, say, eleven, hm? Or at least get in the bedroom..."

That had to be Sarah, but he couldn't stop kissing her, his paws on her hips, lost in the moment. Tabby clearly felt the same, though she hunched in closer to him, gripping his hoodie with both hands as if she was afraid that he would take the wrong kind of hint and leave. But Nomax wasn't going anywhere that she wasn't in any kind of hurry, not as they broke the kiss briefly, Tabby's warm breath washing over his muzzle, before coming back together again.

The others shuffled out, the two of them barely aware of them leaving. What did they need to worry about anyway with them making good their exit?

"Dude, did that suit look really realist to you?"

"Come on, if he wanted to tell us, he would have, let the guy be..."

"But seriously..."

"Don't tell anyone."

His secret was safe but that was not even something that Nomax was most concerned as he pressed his lips desperately to Tabby's, head spinning with the intoxication of her. He wanted her, even though he didn't know quite how he felt about her, not yet, but that didn't matter when she was so close to him. There was something in them right there and then that needed the other intimately and that was good enough for them, coming together as Tabby slid her hands up under his shirt.

Nomax blushed shyly and half-turned away as she lifted his hoodie, revealing him as he was. He had not gone around topless, of course, during the convention, but his T-shirt stuck to the inside of his hoodie, peeling off at the same time, revealing the cream of his belly, the tan and black markings that were typical of his species. He could not have said quite how he had become an anthro, what with how the gene was or was not present through society, but his muscles were strong and taut beneath his fur, lean but not wasting an inch of fat.

She sucked in a tiny breath, a smile on her lips that was more devious than he had before given her credit for.

"I wanted to see if you, you know, might be into me... But I didn't think you'd be like this, really. You should have said something, Nomax."

She might have appeared to be reprimanding him but her hand caressing his cheek, wondrously stroking his muzzle, was too sweet to be denied. Without his shirt, wondering just how he'd gotten there, Nomax whimpered, a more canine-like sound than he had made his entire time at the con rising from his lips.

He'd never expected her to lead so confidently but, despite the others being present to start with, Tabby proved to be no shy wallflower. She was a woman who knew what she wanted and how to lead him down the same path, kissing down the line of his jaw, the trembling fur of his neck. There was nothing off-limits as she squirmed against him, encouraging him too with little murmurs and half-formed sentences to caress her also, to explore her as she explored him.

Nomax gulped when her wandering fingers reached his jeans, but he obligingly lifted his hips, despite his hesitation. It was not too fast, not for him, her kisses still lingering in dancing memory on his lips, yet it was unexpected. Maybe he would not have eased on so far without the alcohol, his naturally more reserved nature getting the better of him, but that only meant that it was just as well that he had Tabby there to let him see what he was not going to miss out on.

To say that it was romance would have been a step too far, but it was a kind of exploration that could have gone either way as Tabby revealed the bulge of his shaft showing through his underwear. For, of course, Nomax had a sheath just like any other African Wild Dog, his shaft trying to push its way out even as his blue and white boxer-briefs kept it neatly in place. He had thought that they looked good on him that morning when he'd donned them but worried about what Tabby would think, whether there was something else that she may have liked...

His mind, however, could not carry on down that line of thought as she, once again, took charge, drawing her T-shirt up and over her head, revealing her bra, the smooth whiteness of her skin. Considering that the convention was in the Autumn, her summer tan had surely faded by that time, and he whimpered excitedly, not able to stop himself from licking his lips, tongue lashing out against the side of his muzzle.

"Easy there, boy..."

Grinning, she fluttered her eyelashes at him, though Tabby did not want to hold back her curiosity over him for a moment longer, or so it seemed. Later, Nomax would wonder whether she had suspected something "different" about him all along, but the throbbing of his shaft would not be denied even as she eased her jeans down too, dropping into her underwear, just like him.

12