SWIB 03: The Truth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was stunned. I immediately stopped, though I was so beside myself I almost couldn't find my voice. "I'm sorry, you used to love that, and we haven't played in so long, I thought maybe you'd missed it."

"Well, I don't. You can't just rape me because you're feeling randy."

"Rape you? Really?" I was stunned and hurt. My uninhibited spouse had changed. "I'm sorry, so, sorry. I'll never . . ." I didn't really complete the thought. I turned and walked toward my office. I spent the rest of the afternoon in there, just fiddling.

"Do you want dinner, or what?" Her voice startled me. It was the first either of us had spoken in several hours.

"I'm not too hungry, I guess I'll settle for, 'or what'."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just a joke, no I don't want dinner, thank you for asking."

She just turned and walked away. Usually, if we spent a Saturday night at home, we watched TV, a movie, or something on the History Channel. I left my office and went to the family room and turned on the TV. Molly was on the couch reading, when the TV came on, she got up and started toward our bedroom. I turned the TV off.

"Molly, what's the matter?"

"I don't know, nothing, I guess. I don't know what made me so upset with you. We used to do that all the time. But I don't want it now, that bothers me. I'd prefer not to take it out on you, but I just couldn't help it."

"It's ok, I don't break, easily."

"No, it's not ok. Life has changed me. I push so hard at work, and I need to feel loved and safe at home. You love me and keep me safe. That's what I've come to need from you. In fact, I've got an idea, why don't you come make me feel safe right now."

I didn't need to be asked the second time. We were quickly on the bed and ridding each other of clothing as fast as we could. I kissed her, and we kissed for the longest time. I moved the kisses lower and lower, and it was a beautiful night of making love."

When we finished, we talked for the longest time. We eventually ran out of conversation, and I was dosing off when I felt her mouth on me. We made love again and fell asleep for the night.

++++++++++++++++

Maybe this is good news, Molly has still not shown up. Things are too wonderful between us, surely Sue was wrong. Was Sue jealous? That caused me to recall.

"Greg wants me to work with the head of manufacturing for a while. Refine the existing products so the manufacturing folks can make them. I met the superintendent today. She is an interesting woman."

"The head of manufacturing is a woman?"

"You don't think women can do those jobs?"

I laughed, "No dear, I think you all can do whatever you set out to do. Tell me about her."

"Just met her today, don't know much. She's about my age, I guess. Blonde, average height, her name is Sue Dobson. She's fairly new in this job, she has been almost exclusively at the fabrication plant."

The new work fascinated Molly. She argued with Sue daily, but the two of them became close friends. They were both goal oriented but saw things from different perspectives. Surprisingly quickly, they learned to work to keep things functional but change them to be easier to manufacture.

After working together for several weeks Molly suggested we go out on a Saturday with Sue and her husband. I was all for it. We had few friends, so much time was devoted to our new careers. We decided on the Country Club, it had a nice restaurant and beautiful view of the river.

We said we'd meet them in the foyer and go into the dining room together.Molly and I had been in the foyer for about two or three minutes when this couple walked in. "Oh, my gawd! Sue!"

"Dave?" she looked at Molly, "You never told me you married Dave Smith." Sue came over to me and we hugged like a brother and sister who'd not seen each other in a long time.

The man who'd come in with Sue said, "John Dobson, I take it you two have already met."

Molly laughed, "I'm Molly Smith, no, my Dave is just a friendly guy, he routinely meets women this way."

We all laughed. "Molly, you won't believe this, Dave moved across the street from us when I was nine. He is the little brother I never had."

We were seated for dinner and the topic was growing up in Rivertown. Sue and I talked while Molly and John listened, politely, if not overly enthusiastically.

"If you two were so close, why did you lose track?" asked Molly.

I looked at Molly, the question surprised me. I didn't really remember, then. "I guess, we were a childhood friendship. The year between us was a big deal back then. Older girls don't hang with younger boys. We never thought of each other as a boy and a girl."

Sue laughed, "Almost never."

I looked at her and had no idea what she was talking about.

"My parents were out of town, and I was staying at home, alone." Sue glanced at me I'd suddenly caught up. "Little brother wanted to come and play. But he took his shirt off and I saw this hunky guy. I promised I'd not entertain boys while they were away. Suddenly he qualified as a boy who had to leave.

"After that, he started dating. I never seriously thought of dating a junior, girls don't do that. He and I were still friends, good friends, but we just didn't cross paths that often."

"I graduated a year ahead of Dave, I didn't know what I wanted to do so, I got my dad, the superintendent of manufacturing at Atherton to get me on, part time, and I went to school part time. I met John at community college, and we knew from the start we were long-term."

"You have your father's old job?" I was smiling, though I wondered why my family had never mentioned her. It was a fleeting thought. I hadn't asked about her, our parents were never very friendly, for reasons I never bothered to explore. In a flash, the thought faded away.

"Yeah, I do. He's so proud. He retired at thirty years, even though he liked the work. He and Mom enjoy life now in Florida, near her family. As he sees it, he still has a family member doing the work."

The evening was a big success and began a great friendship. The four of us were thick as thieves, as they say, after that.

++++++++++++++++

Only two minutes passed. Time has slowed. All I can do is wait.

I was growing more concerned. Molly was not truthful. We just had an argument. She promised when she completed her project, we'd start buying a home and making babies. She came home delighted her project review had gone so well. I told her I'd call a realtor. She looked at me and said, I told you after this project is finished, the one I am working on now.

I had written down the date of her last promise.

That started a fight. Why do I refuse to trust her? why are you not trustworthy? Back and forth we went. It was becoming routine.

Yesterday, the receptionist called me on the intercom. "Mr. Smith, there is a Sue Dobson here to see you, she says she has no appointment."

"Absolutely! Send her right in!"

We exchanged pleasantries and a kiss on the cheek, and she sat, nervously. "I don't know how to do this, so I have to just get into it. Molly is behaving badly. I am sure she is going to have an affair."

"I wish I could say it is a shock. I don't know what's wrong, but I know something's really wrong."

"We have this supplier of paint supplies. I'll say this, the guy is gorgeous. About 6 feet 3 or 4 and built. Maybe he weighs 225 or more and all of it is in his chest and arms. I think he was a pro football player until he got hurt. He is confident and throws his charm around at anyone and everyone. Molly is smitten."

"Do you know if she is having an affair or about to have one?"

"No, but I heard them. I was supposed to meet with her in her office, I walked right up to the door and heard him saying, 'Pines Motel, you whore'. He called her a whore, to her face and she just giggled like a schoolgirl. I heard her ask something about the Pines, I backed up and waited maybe another minute or two and he came striding out. He looked at me and quickly looked away, we have a not-good history. I went into her office and said, 'what are you doing?'"

She just said, 'isn't he evil?'"

"When was this?"

"Twenty minutes ago. I tried to tell her she could not be involved with him. She looked me right in the eye and said she wasn't. He just loved being a flirt. I gave up on her and came right here."

"The Pines has that reputation. Did she say what time?"

"No, just tomorrow afternoon, is all I heard."

"She has taken to lying, so it will do me no good to confront her tonight. Like she did with you, she'll just deny it. I'll wait in the diner's parking lot next door. There is a break in the fence between the two so people can get from the motel to the diner, I guess."

"Wow! Sounds like you know the place well."

"Not really, but like I say, it's a popular place. I have a friend who's done his own patrolling from the diner's lot.

"You are a good friend, Sue. Hopefully, the shock of seeing me before they go in the door will set her back on the right path. You think it's the first time?" I don't know why I repeated the question; hoping for an answer, I guess.

"I think so. Mr. Atherton and I handle all the paint purchases."

++++++++++++++++

That's how I came to be sitting in a borrowed car facing The Pines motel on a Wednesday afternoon. I arrived at 11:30, I was not going to miss the chance to stop her. I had no interest in shaming her afterward. I wanted to stop her before. It was approaching one o'clock, and still, I waited.

At a few minutes past one my wife's blue BMW came around the corner, past the office and parked in front of unit five. There were no other cars parked at the motel. She was alone in the car and just sat there. She was facing the motel, so I got out of the car. I had on a floppy hat and big sunglasses, unless she looked straight at me, I didn't think she'd recognize me. I walked toward the gap in the fence and as I got there a Chevy Impala drove in and parked right beside her. A tall well-built man quickly got out of the Impala. Molly was getting out of her BMW. I was walking toward them, but I could have had a neon light and bass drum and they'd not have noticed. They had eyes only for each other.

They met in front of her car, she reached out for him, and he said something.

She quickly drew her arms back effectively thrusting her chest forward. I said, "Excuse me!" I'd taken the glasses and hat off. The glasses were in my jacket pocket, and I'd just dropped the hat.

He turned and looked at me. "You got some problem?" It was more a growl than a question.

"The lady is my wife." I said without much emotion.

"May be, but the pussy is mine and I mean to have some of it right now."

"Molly, please come home with me."

Molly was just standing there. I think she was in shock. She didn't reply or even acknowledge either me or him.

"Get the fuck away from us and life will be good."

"I can't do that, I'm sorry, but I am taking my wife home." I had raised my voice, and I was moving toward her, around him.

"Well, I guess that's it, then."

He turned his back toward me and looked like he was heading back to his car. I took another step and suddenly he wheeled around with his big right hand headed for my face.

++++++++++++++++

It must have connected because the sight of that fist is my last recollection. I woke up. I'm in a hospital room, with a tube in my arm and bandages on my face. I tried to sit up but found I hurt, everywhere. I found what I presumed to be a call button and pressed it.

It was a while before anyone showed up. An efficient looking nurse came in and said, "You've rejoined us, I'll get a doctor. It may take a while we are short-staffed on Sunday nights."

I tried to say, "It's Sunday?!?" but all that came out was a croak.

"If I heard you, yes, it's about," she looked at her wrist, "3 AM, Sunday morning. You came in Wednesday afternoon, I think. You'd been beaten badly. You have a few broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, a broken leg, and a slight skull fracture. We kept you sedated, so the swelling could go down."

"My wife?" I croaked.

"She has been here almost constantly. I think she left for the first time a couple of hours ago."

"What . . ."

"I think that is enough for now. You rest, I'll tell the world you've rejoined us." She pressed a button on my IV tubing and suddenly the world faded away.

++++++++++++++++

When I next awakened it was daylight. There were a variety of people scurrying about and a middle-aged balding man looked at me and said, "Mr. Smith? Can you hear me?"

I opened an eye and nodded. "My name is Doctor Michaels. I am a neurologist. Can you squeeze my fingers?"

He placed two fingers in the palm of my hand.

I squeezed.

He poked me with a sharp instrument and prodded me here and there. He finally said, "I'm pleased, you are going to fully recover."

"Then, I'm pleased, too." My voice seemed to be recovering.

"Are you strong enough to be interviewed by the police, Mr. Smith?"

"I guess, what strength does that take?"

"You've been out of it for a while, answering questions can prove to be taxing. If you get tired, tell him. I've told him if you say you've had it for now, he must back off. OK?"

"Sure, where's my wife?"

"Oh, she's here but, the detective has asked to talk to you first."

"Well, get him in here."

It seemed odd. Couldn't I just say hi to Molly first? Couldn't she be with me when I was interviewed? But things were still a bit stilted, I was maybe not thinking clearly.

"Mr. Smith? My name is Lake, Detective Lake, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

It was rhetorical, I just nodded, and he continued. "Do you remember how you came to be here? Mr. Smith?"

When he asked, momentarily I didn't know. I thought for a moment, and it came rushing back, "I was at the Pines motel waiting for my wife and a would-be lover. They arrived I tried to talk to her, but she seemed to just freeze and shut down. I told her friend, a big, well-built man who I'd never seen before, and I thought he backed down. He turned to leave, then spun around and sucker punched me. I was out with that one punch."

"The man, a Ray Harrison, says you hit him first. He has quite a shiner."

"I don't know his name. But I can guarantee you I didn't hit him unless I can punch while in a coma."

"Have you and your wife been having problems?"

"My wife? What does she say? She is here."

"Let me ask the questions, Mr. Smith. I promise you I want to do the right thing here. There is conflicting information, so it is my job to get the real story. I am good at my job. Have you and your wife been having problems?"

"Not like this, I mean no other men... that I know of. Our good friend Sue Dobson came to me yesterday, err, the day before they were to meet, and told me Molly was meeting this guy. She said it was the first time."

Lake asked me about Sue and got enough information about her that he could go and interview her. He asked a couple of ways and convinced himself that my first inclination of another man was when Sue told me and that I chose to confront them there because I was afraid Molly wouldn't tell me the truth. He thanked me and left.

Molly must have been standing at the door because she rushed in almost the same second the detective left.

"Oh, my gawd, Dave, I've been sick with worry. I am so sorry. I don't know how I got you in this mess." She finished talking and started sobbing. She was a mess.

"Why? Molly."

"You know why. I'm not making excuses, but he is so bad, it just made me crazy. I thought our love drove the need for nasty sex out of me, but he was like cat nip, I'm so sorry. Fortunately, you stopped us, but look what my bad judgment cost you. Can you forgive me?"

"You were right there. He must have beaten on me for a while after I was unconscious. Couldn't you stop him?"

"Dave, I'm so ashamed, I just shut down. I guess it was a panic attack. Here I agree to meet a man for the first time in our marriage and you are there to catch me. I just froze."

"The police claim he says he hit me first. What did you tell them?"

"Dave, I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. I saw you, and then you were on the ground, and he kicked you and I screamed. He stopped. I called 911 and the police and ambulance were there pretty fast after that."

I looked at her. It was a story. I was sure of it. Why can't she be honest anymore? Suddenly, I was tired. No! worse than tired, I was exhausted. "Get me a nurse, I don't feel well."

She zipped out of the room, and I slipped off to some other place.

++++++++++++++++

I awakened again, and it was dark. There was no one in the room. I rang the buzzer, and the nurse came back into the room.

"When is it?"When is it?? what kind of a question was that? Was I losing it?

"It's Sunday night, Mr. Smith. You've just been asleep a few hours. The doctor asked me to ask you if it bothers you to see your wife."

"Yeah, it did. It just wore me out. I felt pretty good when she came in, but in a few minutes, it was like somebody let all the air out of me. Why? is that important?"

"You'll be able to leave here in a couple of days. Do you want to go home?"

"My parents, have they been here?"

"Yes, but your mother asked so many questions and your dad said she was making us and herself crazy. He went on to say you did not need visitors until you said so. We are supposed to call them when you ask."

"What time is it?"

She looked at her watch and said, "11:30."

"Call them right now, I want to talk to them."

She looked at my chart and dialed the phone in the room. She handed me the phone, "It's ringing."

"Hi, Dad." I listened. "Well, I've been better. Say, when they let me out of here, I want to stay with you for a few days. Molly is not coming clean with what went on, I don't want the pressure of trying to get her head out of her ass for a while. Thanks."

Dad handed the phone to Mom who had to hear my voice and know I was getting better. She cried and was relieved to hear she got to care for me as I recovered.

The last day I was in the hospital a Victor Garland came to talk with me. Mr. Garland was an Assistant District Attorney. He wanted to talk with me about their findings.

He told me they were going to arrest Mr. Harrison for aggravated assault, assault and battery, and a variety of other lesser crimes. He said because Harrison was an otherwise good citizen, he would be arraigned and released on bond. The trial would be in about three months.

I asked him about the conflicting testimony and the fact my wife claimed to have seen nothing. He looked at me and said he needed to take me into his confidence. He explained the case, the difficulties he had, and what he wanted me to do. I looked at him, thought about it for a while, and agreed, I could do that.

But it turned out, I couldn't.

++++++++++++++++

I had been at Mom and Dad's for nearly two weeks. I asked that Molly only visit me afternoons, stay for dinner and then leave. She'd done it without complaint.

We talked about everything, but not too much or too often about that day.

I believed her when she said she'd gotten confused with her own sexuality. She saw me as her safe place and needed my love. She said she had discovered she also craved being taken. I could play with her, but my nature wasn't aggressive enough. She was a ticking bomb waiting for the aggressive Mr. Harrison and I'd saved her.

She was sincere in her remorse. This wasn't anybody's fault but hers. I kept telling her she didn't sucker punch me and kick me while I lay unconscious.

She'd cry uncontrollably. The tears were real, but I couldn't believe the emotion. She could not be so loyal to Harrison to falsely protect him. But, so far, she was. Or maybe, so far, she just couldn't remember.

123456...8