Synthetic Intimacy: Digital Love

Story Info
A Close Encounter With A Reaper Reunites EDI And Shepard.
3.7k words
4.57
1.8k
6
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hell, these things don't take a hint," Joker pulled hard on the holo display, throwing the Normandy into an steep ascent, only narrowly avoiding the red streak of light aimed to slice the hull of the ship in half.

"Why are there two Sovereign classes here?" Shepard grabbed on tightly to the overhead railing in the cockpit, struggling to keep his feet firmly planted on the floor as the Normandy twirled to avoid the blistering columns of energy. "This system is supposed to be vacant of life, why would the Reapers have any forces stationed here?"

"Though I lack the access to the Reaper battle-net to confirm my hypothesis, I believe that they have identified the alternative routes that we have been utilising to avoid the main conflict zones. If so, then it would make sense to place their most formidable forces in the direct path of our route back to the Citadel," EDI uttered her theory with utter calmness, with her fingers moving at considerable speed along the display.

"That's a complicated way of saying that they took a guess and got lucky," Joker said, forced to take an evasive action that saw him take the Normandy into direct contact with one of the behemoths, racing across the length of the Reaper to prevent it from locking on, hoping that its comrade wasn't willing to fire upon one of its own. "I'm not sure how long I can keep this up."

"Can't we just fire back?" Shepard proposed, only to earn an eye roll from the pilot.

"Commander, it took the collective might of the Fifth Fleet's best battle cruisers to destroy Sovereign itself. We'd need at least half a kilometre to sufficiently charge up the cannons and hit one of these things hard enough to disable it, but that still leaves its little friend," Joker banked just when the Reaper's mighty limbs stretched away from the main body, coming close enough for the Normandy's wing to scrape across the curve of it, taking a few plated panels with it in the process.

"And out running them isn't on the table? No way of creatively flying us out of trouble?" Shepard asked, feeling that he already knew the answer.

"Sure, we could try. We wouldn't make it close to escaping though," Joker grimaced when the cockpit alarm blared out, recommending him to slow down to prevent a meltdown in engineering. "I can dodge the beams up close, but give 'em enough range and we'll be more charred than burnt toast."

"Shepard, I have a suggestion," EDI's silver eyes darted towards Shepard, showing off her unmatched skills as her fingers continued to accelerate across the display. "But I'm afraid it might be considered highly unorthodox."

"EDI, I think we'll take any suggestion we can get given the situation. Shoot."

"As Jeff stated, it's impossible to gain both sufficient time and distance to land a palpable hit on the Sovereign class Reapers. In effect, our main weapons are irrelevant to our escape," EDI said, still working in lock step with Joker to twist the Normandy away from the beams, far less concerned than her human squad mates when the red glare of the magnetohydrodynamic weapon poured through the cockpit's reinforced glass windows.

"Kinda stating the obvious there, EDI," Joker pointed out.

"It occurs to me that we're considering the methods of escape from a linear perspective, focusing on the main weaponry we have at our disposal," EDI turned to Shepard with a playful smirk, one he knew very well. "As you might say, we need to think a little more 'creatively'."

"What were you thinking?" Shepard folded his arms, almost looking forward to what the AI had planned out.

"Jeff, would you be able to take over total control of the ship?" EDI asked.

"Are you kidding? I know these controls like the back of my hand. Well, as long as I don't break any bones in it again. Why?"

"That depends," EDI again gave her full attention to Shepard, rising from her seat. "Would you be willing to sacrifice a shuttle to ensure a guaranteed escape."

"Without a second thought, even if it's just to see what you've got planned in that positronic brain of yours," Shepard chuckled, opening the cockpit door.

The pair raced across the length of the CIC, dodging the frantic members of the crew darting from station to station to keep the Normandy's kinetic shields working at the absolute max. Leaping into the elevator, EDI hit the button that sent them descending to the hangar, leaving Shepard impatiently watching each light flare up with each deck they passed through. The doors barely had enough time to open before the pair squeezed themselves through the gap, darting past the armoury and over to the rear of the hangar.

"Hey, what's going on?" Vega spoke, picking himself up when a blow finally struck the Normandy. "These stupid machines are about ready to tear us to shreds."

"Lieutenant, I need you to load up and bring every Javelin torpedo you can locate over to shuttle NS-2," EDI ordered, not even giving him the time to question the reason for the request as she strode past purposefully.

"Yes, ma'am," Vega saluted, letting out a sharp whistle in the direction of the armoury. "Hey, Cortez! Give me a hand with these Javelins, I think EDI wants to detonate one of your precious shuttles."

EDI activated the control panel that allowed NS-2 to descend from the railings, depositing it on the rack below. She opened up the pressurised door and jumped inside, kneeling to strip away the seating and protective plating shielding the crew compartment from the main flight core. It was a rare display of what her body was capable of, easily tearing out components that weighed over half of Shepard's own body weight, tossing each piece carelessly through the open door.

"Just to make sure, what exactly are we doing?" Shepard inquired, observing the AI pulling the circuitry apart, rerouting the channels and flow of the manifolds.

"Individual projectiles lack the power needed to so much as scar the armour of a Reaper. But if we can take our inventory of Javelins and wire them directly into the core, then the resulting explosion will be more than enough to rip one apart," EDI contorted her body as she slipped through the incredibly narrow gap leading to the rear thrusters, dragging out a mass of loose cables.

"Do you reckon that'll work?"

"Do you doubt me?" EDI countered.

"Never, I'm smart enough to know better than to question an AI."

"Then hand me the plasma torch, we have too much work and too little time," EDI flashed Shepard with a wide smile, giving her body a teasing sway as she set to work disconnecting the array of safeguards.

They worked as fast as they could, disassembling much of the shuttle down to its bare bones, maximising the space within in preparation for its highly explosive cargo. Floor tiles and bulkheads were ripped out and discarded, allowing EDI to run the necessary wires directly from the core to the control console, turning it into an advanced timer of sorts. Once everything was ready, Cortez and Vega struggled together to load up each Javelin, feeling somewhat emasculated when EDI assisted by lifting the projectiles on-board just by herself.

Linking up the projectiles directly to the core, Shepard, Vega, and Cortez shared a collective concern when the shuttle was filled with blinking red lights, all aware that they were stood within a bomb capable of vaporizing them in a microsecond. They were relieved when EDI gave the order to disembark, watching as she climbed into the cockpit to make a few last minute adjustments before joining them.

"What now?" Vega asked.

"We deliver the package," EDI joked, again manipulating the controls of the hangar's main console, opening the bay doors to their fully extended state. Tapping the side of her holographic visor, she made a direct connection to the Normandy's cockpit, urging the others to clear the hangar. "Jeff, we're ready to deploy the weapon. I require you to line the hangar bay doors up with the maw of one of the Reapers."

"The maw? You mean where the main cannons are contained? Along with its arms?" Joker shouted over the channel.

"Trust us, Joker. I have a feeling that the firework display might just make the risk worth it," Shepard winked at EDI, watching the Normandy moving into position.

The beams came hard and fast, struggling to keel up with the nimble movements of the craft as it approached with significant speed. Reaching the necessary distance, EDI gave the command to NS-2's autopilot to lift off, pushing the thrusters to their maximum output as it shot out of the hangar. With its attention primarily focused on the larger vessel, the Reaper failed to notice the blue and white craft barreling towards it, only reacting when it was far too late. Hitting its target, the shuttle craft ignited with a flash of white light, silhouetting the closing arms of the doomed Reaper.

"Was that it?" Vega asked, turning to the others with a degree of disappointment. "From the way you guys were talking, I was expecting something a little big-"

A secondary explosion saw the core of the shuttle erupt into a blinding burst of light, sending a shockwave powerful enough to rock the Normandy, almost sending those standing up to the ground. Shepard and the team looked on, shielding their eyes as the ball of incandescent flames rapidly expanded, engulfing the behemoth within a matter of seconds. Smoke billowed from the fallen Reaper, the blue lights running across the length of its body faded one by one, replaced by the flames pouring through its internal systems, sending it into an spiral towards the system's dwarf star.

"Joker, we've got one out of action. Do you think you can take out the other?" Shepard asked.

"Just let me work my magic," Joker replied, tempted to crack his knuckles as he aimed the nose of the Normandy in the direction of the final target.

~•~•~•~•~•~

The Normandy returned to the Citadel's space dock a little worse for wear, displaying the variety of scars it had picked up along its usually spotless hull. Locked in place by the magnetic clamps, engineering teams were quickly dispatched to give the ship some much-needed attention, deploying a number of rigs designed to carve away and replace the scorched paneling.

Though it hadn't been scheduled, Shepard decided to give the crew temporary shore leave, providing them enough time to recover from what had almost become a fatal incident. To his amusement, leaked footage of their encounter had already made the news, with back to back replays of the destruction of the Reapers earning resounding applause from every being that happened to be near a screen.

With a rare period of downtime, Shepard decided to pay a visit to Anderson's apartment to let off some steam, deeply appreciating any second he could find to distract himself from the hell of the war that had engulfed the galaxy. Signing off on the maintenance work, Shepard set off and took a transport directly to Tiberius Towers.

Stepping inside, he found everything just as he had left it, kept in pristine shape by the service bots that were tasked with clearing away the dirt and build-up of dust. The lights faded into life, a holo-fire was already flickering, casting a warm orange glow upon the stylish white couch surrounding it. Shepard felt more at ease than he had been in a long while, comforted by the lack of urgency that came with being in the apartment, not having to be constantly on edge when the inevitable alerts on the Normandy were sounded.

With the weight of the battle finally catching up to him, Shepard dragged himself over to the comfortable couch and promptly threw himself onto it, sinking into the soft leather. But before he had the chance to drift off, the front door chimed, causing Shepard to reluctantly lift himself over to the nearby set of controls, unlocking it to grant his unexpected guest entry.

"EDI?" Shepard rubbed his hands across his face, listening to the gentle taps of EDI's feet against the tiled floor. "What are you doing here? I thought you would be busy overlooking the repair job."

"That was my intention, but I was reassured enough by the efficiency of the engineers to leave them to it. Without anything to keep myself occupied, I thought I would pay you a visit in private," EDI answered, holding up a bottle of wine she had brought along with her.

"Always glad to get a visitor or two, I'm still getting used to staying in wide open spaces such as this. You kind of get used to being in cramped surroundings when you spend too much time aboard the Normandy," Shepard laughed, spying the wine bottle when EDI arrived at the front of the corner unit. "What's that for?"

"My research into human habits suggests that its customary for comrades to celebrate surviving in spite of seemingly impossible odds. I made a quick visit to the Presidium to pick out something I believed you might enjoy," EDI set the bottle down on the small glass coffee table, pointing over to the kitchen. "Would you like me to retrieve the glasses?"

"Sure," he lifted the bottle and gave it a short inspection, with his brows raising in surprise when his eyes landed on the words 'Thessian Shillium Vineyard'. "EDI, this bottle must have cost a fortune. The import duty alone would cost a month's salary for a private."

"I wanted to mark the occasion," EDI returned, holding the necks of the glasses between her fingers, extending a bottle opener out to Shepard. "Additionally, my ability to calculate and predict complex mathematical formulas has allowed me to accumulate a significant sum of credits through well placed investments."

"I didn't think they'd allow an AI to have a bank account, let alone an investment portfolio," Shepard wedged the nozzle of the opener over the bottle top, giving it a careful tug. The cork came away with a sharp pop, allowing Shepard to pour out a modest amount into each glass.

"They don't. I employed a tactic humans refer to as 'creative accounting'. Thank you," EDI said when he handed the half full glass back to her.

"Just a few months in a physical body and we've already corrupted you, that has to be a record," a devious grin bloomed on Shepard's face, widening when EDI gave one of her own. He held the glass up, encouraging the AI to do the same. "A toast, the the woman responsible for saving the Normandy and the lives of its crew."

"I...that means a lot to me, Shepard," EDI smiled, tapping her glass to Shepard's, tipping the contents through her lips, showing at least some appreciation for the quality of the liquid with the absence of tastebuds. "I only did what I believed was right, I couldn't allow Jeff and the crew to perish. I...couldn't allow you to perish."

"Was that why you really came?" the words were met with a brief nod from the AI.

"So many thoughts passed through my mind during the battle, far more than I've ever had to encounter in such a small period of time. But I couldn't quite ignore the memory of the encounter we shared," EDI set the glass down and curled her fingers across Shepard's thigh, leaning in close as she carefully stroked him. "It might sound strange, but I made a promise to myself that if we survived I would seek you out to repeat what we did."

"Really? But I thought you got it out of your system?" a brief groan came when EDI's hand moved across a familiar path, wasting no time in beginning the process of loosening the zip of his uniform. "Wasn't that the point?"

"It was. But even I couldn't have foreseen the ramifications of our actions. I thought that the physical act of intercourse would be enough to fully satisfy my intrigue, but it only served to unlock further...sexual urges," EDI informed him, pushing her fingers through the gap, easily finding their target already in the process of rapid growth. "Realising that, I knew I had to seek you out again, to ask if you would be willing to help me."

"Believe me, there's nothing I want more than to take you right here and now," Shepard said honestly, lifting his own hand to feel the curves of her metallic body, sorely tempted by her offer. "But are you sure this is what you want? If once was enough to make you feel like this, who knows what a repeat might do."

"Shepard, those Reapers could have easily destroyed us in that desolate system, only dumb luck alone ensured that we could be here at this very moment. Yes, you're right, it is an irrational decision," EDI pulled Shepard's manhood free, standing up as she lovingly stroked him. "But I've decided that I have earned the right to be irrational every so often. Wouldn't you concur?"

"I think I see what you're saying," Shepard rose and lured EDI into a searing kiss, winding his hands across the curve of her synthetic spine as she jerked him evenly. "Only question is where do you want to do it? This is a big apartment, far more room to go wild compared to my quarters on the Normandy."

"Right there," EDI moved her eyes to the large windows overlooking the Silversun Strip, leading Shepard over to it as she locked lips with him.

"Really? Anyone could look in and see us," Shepard informed her, though he couldn't ignore the surge that went straight to his cock in response to the suggestion.

"I'm aware, but being human means being willing to take risks," EDI pressed her back against the glass, moving her legs apart as she lined his appendage up with her opening. "I need this, Shepard."

"I wouldn't have pegged you as an exhibitionist. But alright, I'll do my best to make it worth it," he promised, wrapping his hands around her thighs, grunting heavily as he hoisted her off the ground, counting himself fortunate that the implants in his body enabled him to cope with the weight of her travelling frame. "Let's just see how long I can last."

Pushing forth, Shepard slid his length into EDI's opening, jerking as he attempted to lift her a few inches higher to provide himself with a better angle. Being familiar with her body, it didn't take too much effort for him to push his member all the way in, planting her firmly against his groin. Steadily, he lightly started to swing his hips, raising and lowering EDI in unison, putting far more pressure in his own body than he would have preferred.

"I've missed this," EDI confessed, lowering her head into the nape of Shepard's neck, enclosing her curvaceous legs around his waist to better improve her weight distribution, conscious of the impact of the weight of her lithe form. "It feels just as good as the first time."

"We have an entire apartment to ourselves, it's only going to get better from here," Shepard bragged, finally able to throw his lower body with enough force to batter EDI against the glass, assuming it could withstand the sheer force of their thrusting bodies.

Shepard swayed on his feet, feeding his manhood into EDI with vigour. The sound of her moans gave him the boost he needed to power on, ignoring the burning strain his leg muscles experienced as they worked to keep them both upright. He was left wondering whether EDI had installed some form of self lubrication in the time following their first romantic encounter, amazed by how easily he could glide in and out of her canal despite how tight she felt around him.

"Shepard, are you alright?" EDI asked softly, stroking the back of his neck as she rode him in mid air. "I can see the discomfort on your face. Would it be better to change positions?"

"Definitely," Shepard nodded weakly, dropping EDI back to her feet, spotting her spinning on her heel until she faced outwards towards the vista, bending over as she placed her hands against the glass.

Sliding back into her, Shepard snapped back to his much preferred speed, planting his feet as he pummeled into her enticing body with incredible force, knowing from experience that she could easily take it. Unwilling to let him hold back, EDI threw her body towards him with an energy equal to his, sending them both colliding hard enough to produce a mixture of fleshy slaps and metallic strikes. It made for a highly erotic picture for those lucky enough to spot them, with the usually calm and collected EDI succumbing to a base desire she didn't even know she possessed.

12