Taken for Granted

Story Info
A meeting of the minds.
3.9k words
4.29
4.2k
9
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We too often take things for granted. All of us do. A seemingly insignificant event, at first glance, turns out to be life changing. That was exactly what Beth Turner was about to experience. She was in line at the coffee shop. It was seven A.M., and she was on her way to work. The line, longer than normal for a Wednesday, was moving slow. Beth was patiently occupying her time looking at the woman in front of her.

What Beth was deciding was if the girl was as interesting as she appeared? Maybe even one of the, so called, cool people? She certainly seemed fashionable compared to Beth. She was wearing a waist length black leather jacket and black jeans. Tight black jeans. Jeans meant to be worn by just this sort of girl. Arrow straight black hair past her shoulders. She was taller than Beth's five-six. Her legs longer. Her figure. Her figure was captivating, Beth, realizing that she was staring, forced herself to look away.

When she looked again, the line had moved ahead. The girl was reaching into her back pocket. When her fingers reappeared, she held some folded bills in her hand. At the same time, a twenty fell free, and dropped to the floor. Beth knelt and picked it up.

Hesitantly, she tapped the girl on her shoulder. Only then did she realize that the girl was busy placing her drink order. Even so, she turned her head, looking back at Beth. Unfortunately, Beth just stood there. Her mouth was partially open. She was looking into the greenest eyes of a most beautiful face.

"Yes?" the girl asked.

Beth just held the money, her hand slightly extended.

Not noticing that, the girl turned back to the waitress behind the counter. Beth watched her shrug her shoulders. She finished giving her order. When Beth found the nerve to tap her shoulder again, it caused the girl to turn completely around.

"Is there something you want?" She asked. She didn't say it in a rude way.

"You drop." Beth said. She pushed her hand forward showing her the money. "You dropped this."

The girl's expression softened. Her hand went instinctively to her back pocket. "Really?"

"Yes." Beth said. She pushed her hand forward. The girl took the money.

"Thank you." She said. "That's very sweet." Then she smiled at Beth. "What are you having? I would like to get it for you."

Beth was growing nervous as she often did. She was trying to concentrate on what the girl was saying, but all she could do was look at her. "I. Sorry, I forgot. I need to." Beth turned and hurried away through the crowd, and out the door. She was all the way to the corner before she finally calmed down.

She hated that she had such difficulty talking to people. Especially girls. Especially beautiful girls.

Once in the office, at her desk, the events at the coffee shop began to fade. She was working on her boss's schedule for the day. She was the assistant to Margaret Werner, owner of Werner Management. A small but successful firm representing and managing the careers for Actors and models in the Phoenix area. And that lay at the core of Beth's being uncomfortable around beautiful girls as there was no shortage of them passing through the office on a daily basis.

Beth was arranging Margaret's schedule and stacking each current or prospective client folder in order. She opened the next folder. "Oh, crap." She whispered. The headshot photo, always required to be on the inside cover, was of the girl at the coffeeshop. "I'm screwed." She added. "Totally."

One of Beth's responsibilities was to meet each client when they arrived, offer refreshments, and show them to Margaret's office at the appropriate time. Beth looked at the girl's resume. Tess Howard. Twenty-four. Five-ten. One hundred-twenty pounds. She closed the folder. "So screwed." She stood and went to Margaret's office carrying the folders for the day's meetings. Tess's was the third of the day, her appointment was at eleven o'clock.

Beth gradually let the thoughts of the girl dissolve among the many things she needed to do. At ten-fifty, her phone rang, the front desk. "Beth, there is a Tess Howard here to see Ms. Werner."

Beth's paranoia returned. Slowly, she stood, ran her hands over the front of her skirt and headed to the lobby. Tess was easy to spot. Setting there, still in her black outfit in an all-white reception area. She was sitting on a sofa, one knee bent, one leg straight out. Beth now noticed the girl was wearing black western boots as well. She was fanning through a fashion magazine.

"Ms." Beth swallowed. "Ms. Howard."

Tess looked up from the magazine. She smiled. "Hey, I know you." She grinned. "My lucky twenty." She stood up.

Beth grinned. "Well." She shrugged. "If you are ready." Beth said. "Ms. Werner can see you now."

Those green eyes were starting to distract Beth again. "I'll follow you." She actually winked at Beth.

Beth introduced Tess to Margaret and quickly backed out of the office, closing the door.

A half-hour later, the meeting ended and the two came out of Margaret's office. Beth watched as Margaret accompanied Tess to the front reception area where the two said their good-byes. On her return, Margaret stopped at Beth's desk, returning the folder for filing. "I expect Ms. Howard will be our newest client." She nodded. "I think this one is going places." She added.

Margaret turned. "Oh, and she told me that she met you at the coffeeshop this morning." Margaret smiled. "She seemed very impressed with you." Walking away, she added. "Well done."

At eight that evening as Beth was curled on the couch watching something so trivial that she didn't even know the name of the program. Her cell phone started vibrating on the coffee table. She checked the screen. She didn't recognize the number, but it appeared to be a local one. She answered.

"Hello?" She said.

"I still owe you a coffee." The voice said. It was soft, almost sultry.

"Excuse me?" Beth replied.

"Really?" The voice said. "How many people can possibly owe you a cup of coffee?"

"M. Ms. Howard?" Beth hesitated. "How? My number." Beth was growing uncomfortable.

"I asked Margaret." Tess said.

"But. But you. We don't. Ms. Howard." Beth, unable to complete an entire sentence, finally stopped trying. She waited.

"I think maybe you should call me Tess." Tess said. "I think we should meet for that cup of coffee."

"But, Ms. Ha..." Beth started.

"Tess." Tess said again, a little more insistent.

"I don't think we." Beth was trying to offer an explanation. She was not saying how terrified Tess was making her, but anyone listening could tell.

"I think we should." Tess said. She waited, but Beth was silent. "The Breckenridge." She whispered it. "Room 1228."

"I. When?" Beth was confused.

"Beth?" Tess said. "Beth?" She repeated.

"Yes?" Beth said.

"Your coffee is getting cold." The call disconnected.

Beth sat there, her phone in her hand, the screen blank. Her mind, however, was anything but. It was racing. This girl, a model, was calling her. Wanting her to come to her room. Could she do that? Should she do that?

"Oh God." Beth whispered. This girl was a client. Tess Howard was a client and wanted to meet her. What would Margaret think? What might she say? So, as Beth usually did when it came to important decisions about her personal life, she fretted, worried, and debated it in her head. Then she went to bed and had an expectedly sleepless night.

When the Friday morning sun appeared in her bedroom window, it found Beth already awake. She pulled herself from her sleep deprived bed and managed to shower, dress, and get herself downtown.

As she passed the coffee shop, she did not dare stop. What if Tess was there, waiting for her. She might be angry that she hadn't gone to her room last night. When she reached for the front door to her office building, all Beth could imagine was Tess sitting, once again, in the lobby. In her black jacket and black boots and, this time, not smiling.

The lobby was empty. Beth exhaled the breath she had been holding in. As she entered her own small space, there on an otherwise cleared desk, was a coffee cup, with a cap on. She sat down. Looked at it, then she reached for it. Her fingers felt warmth. It had not been there very long. Beth looked around.

On the side of the cup, along the rim, was the clear outline of lips, in red lipstick. Below that was the number 1228. Tess's room number.

That's when Margaret appeared in her doorway. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Um, yeah. Yes. Of course." Beth offered.

"You sure?" Margaret added. "You look, worried."

"No." Beth said. "I'm fine."

"Alright." Margaret said. "Oh, by the way." She added. "Tess Howard was in earlier. She returned our contract, signed." Margaret smiled. "And, she asked about you."

"Me?" Beth tried to sound surprised.

"Yes. Actually, she said she might call you later. It's her first weekend in Phoenix. She was hoping you might me available to show her around."

"Well." Beth started.

"The things we do for our clients, right?" Margaret disappeared into her own office.

Beth's phone rang at four o'clock. It was the front desk. "Beth, an envelope was delivered for you, when you have time."

Beth went to the front desk to pick it up. The girl was on the phone with another client, but she pointed to an envelope laying on the counter. Beth went back to her office before she opened it. Inside, a card, blank, except for the same number, 1228.

At six that evening, Beth finally built up the nerve to call the hotel where Tess was staying. She listened to the ringing and was almost hoping that no one answered. The voice that finally spoke was not Tess's but that of the desk clerk. "I am sorry, Ms. Howard does not answer." He informed. "Would you care to leave a message?"

"Yes." Beth said. "Please tell her that Beth called." Beth added. "She has my number."

At eight o'clock, Beth's phone rang. "Hello?" Beth said.

"I'm impressed." Tess said.

"I'm sorry, why?" Beth said.

"I did not think you would call me." Tess said.

"I wasn't going to." Beth replied. "I'm not sure this is a good idea."

"Coffee?" Tess asked. "Everyone in the world drinks coffee."

Beth thought. "I don't think everyone." She started.

"Fine." Tess said. "But most of us do." She waited. She could hear Beth breathing. "Come see me." Tess asked.

"I'm not." Beth paused. "Not good at this."

"Not good at what?" Tess replied. "Meeting a girl?"

"What?" Beth was even more confused. "Well, yes." She finally said.

"And you think I am?" Tess said.

"Yes." Beth said. "I, suppose I do."

"Then why aren't you willing to listen to the one who knows?" Tess asked.

Beth didn't speak. "I won't be upset if you don't come." Tess offered. "Just disappointed." The phone went silent.

By the time Beth entered the lobby of the Breckenridge Hotel, she was a mental mess. She had started out her door a number of times, but each time, she stopped. By ten that evening, she had debated this in her head for two hours.

So, wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers, she crossed the lobby toward the elevators. The desk clerk watched her all the way. He did not think she was a guest, but he decided she was not a terrorist threat.

Standing in front of room 1228, she looked at her left palm. 1228 was written in ink. She was now wondering what Tess would think of her when she saw that she had her room number written on her hand.

She knocked. She waited. She started to knock again when she heard the latch click. The door opened. Tess stood there. "I really didn't think you would come." She said. But what she said wasn't registering with Beth. Tess was standing there wrapped in an extremely short black silk robe. Her legs looked even longer displayed that way. Beth was mesmerized.

Tess reached for her hand. "Beth?" She said. Beth was just looking. "Beth!" Tess raised her voice.

Beth was jarred back to consciousness. She looked at Tess. She swallowed. She looked down to see her fingers in Tess's hand. "Are you coming in?" Tess asked. "Or are you going to run?"

Beth nodded. Tess tugged and Beth stepped into the room far enough that Tess could close the door. She released Beth's hand and turned, walked over to a loveseat that set against a large window. The night skyline of Phoenix was behind her.

Beth was trying to focus. The room was dim but that was not really her problem. "Why don't you come sit down?" Tess said.

Beth walked slowly toward Tess. "I'm sorry." Tess said when Beth was close enough for her to reach out and take her hand again.

"What?" Beth said. "Why?"

Tess pulled at her arm and Beth settled down beside her. "I suppose I have lied to you." She said. Beth offered a look of confusion.

"I don't understand?" Beth replied.

"After all of this." Tess smiled, "I actually didn't order any coffee." Tess whispered.

Beth smiled. It was the first time she seemed at ease since she had met this girl. "Probably too late for coffee anyway."

Tess placed a finger under Beth's chin. She lifted her head so the two looked directly at each other. "Don't get nervous." Tess said. "I'm going to kiss you." She could feel Beth immediately tense up. She slowly leaned forward. Her finger under her chin, her thumb tracing under her bottom lip. It was enough to keep Beth from pulling away. A good sign.

When Tess's lips touched Beth's, they were soft, moist, cool. The kiss lingered. Tess let the tip of her tongue trace Beth's mouth. When the two parted slightly, Tess whispered. "You see." Tess said. "Your world didn't end."

She felt Beth nod, she let her hand drop from her chin, to settle on Beth's knee. She was confident that this girl would not need much more encouragement.

Her lips went to Beth again. Her tongue pressed at her lips and Beth's mouth parted, accepting her. Tess's right hand was sliding along Beth's thigh. Her left hand was at her side, roaming up and down her ribs, "I think there is a problem." Tess whispered. Their lips parted and Tess stood up. She went to the side of the bed, the backs of her legs leaning against it, facing Beth.

"What's wrong?" Beth asked.

Tess took hold of the ends of the ribbon that secured her robe at her waist. She held them, one in each hand. Standing there, her long tanned legs looked fabulous. She smiled at Beth. "One of us is overdressed." She said.

"I." Beth said, "I."

"That is exactly right." Tess said. "You are the one." She waited. "Come here." She said.

Beth slowly stood and walked up to Tess. Tess released the ribbon and ran her arms around Beth's waist. "This t-shirt has to go."

Beth remained still.

"Did you hear?" Tess whispered.

Beth's fingers finally found the hem of the shirt and she began pulling it up, over her head. Once it was off, she seemed unsure of what to do with it.

"Drop it." Tess instructed.

The shirt settled on the floor. Beth's breasts were small. She very often went braless, as she was this evening. Tess leaned down, her lips finding a nipple. She licked at it, sucked it. Beth moaned. Tess felt Beth wobble slightly, her knees failing her.

Tess 's fingers went to the button at the front of Beth's jeans. She eased it open. Then Beth's zipper was slid down by those same nimble fingers.

"Tess." Beth was sounding very nervous. "I don't think."

Tess brought her hands to Beth's face, cupping her cheeks. When her lips kissed Beth again, Beth actually moaned onto her mouth. "Take them off." Tess said. She did not whisper this time. She said it with authority.

Tess watched Beth's eyes watering. She also watched her reach for the top of those jeans and work them over her hips. Her hand went to Beth's shoulder, steading her as she pulled her feet free.

Beth straightened. Standing there in just her panties.

Tess smiled at her. "Now look who is overdressed." She said. She pulled the ribbon on her robe and the front fell open. As she rolled her shoulders, the silk fabric slid from her body. She was tall, and tanned, and beautiful. And she was the first girl that had ever stood naked in front of Beth.

Beth's eyes seemed to be pleading with her. Tess eased herself onto the bed. She slid up in the center, leaning on some pillows against the headboard. Beth watched as Tess, now emboldened, eased her legs apart. Her left hand traced her side, over her abdomen, along the inside of her thigh.

Tess's right hand patted the mattress. "Come." She whispered. "Come here."

As Beth worked up onto the bed, Tess now brought both hands to her legs. She patted the inside of her thighs. "Right here." She said. She took Beth's arm, guiding her between them. Easing her forward until she could kiss her again. Beth seemed to have melted into moldable clay, easily moved, controlled.

"There is so much I can teach you." Tess said as her hands found the top of Beth's shoulders. She began applying gentle pressure, guiding her down.

As Beth was being lowered down Tess's body, Tess said, "Kiss me. Kiss me all over."

Beth's lips kissed her breasts, her abdomen. When Tess felt that tongue tracing over her pubic mound, she knew this girl was hers.

Tess laced the fingers of her left hand into Beth's hair. As she drew her knees up, she pressed Beth's nose to her sex. "Smell me." She whispered. "Learn my scent." She pulled at the hand full of hair. Beth's mouth moved to her pussy. "Umm, um, slowly." she said as that virgin tongue made the first pass along her labia.

Tess's hips began slow twitches up and down. She could sense that it was encouraging her lover even more.

Her strokes lengthened, quickened, she firmed her grip on the girl's hair.

Beth was extending her tongue. Reaching deeper into Tess. Searching for the source of the pungent juices she was now tasting. It was the same flavor she had experienced all those nights she lay alone in her bed, Fingers deep in her own sex. And later, when those fingers were pushed into her mouth, only then did she cum.

Beth was humping her own sex on the mattress as she pleasured this amazingly beautiful girl beneath her. When her tongue flicked over Tess's clitoris, Tess jerked her legs up higher. "Oh, umm, suck it." She pleaded.

Beth wrapped lips around the protruding pearl. She sucked down hard, and Tess's ass began the tremble. Tess wrapped her legs over Beth's back, her feet pressing down on her. She lifted her pussy and pulled at Beth's hair. The two became one as Tess 's orgasm erupted. She bucked, rolled her ass, grunted, and squirted her fluids as she rode her long awaited release. "Don't stop." Tess commanded. "Suck. Oh fuck. I, I. I knew you." The started pulling Beth's mouth along her labia, up and down, back, and forth as she continued to soak the bedding, smearing her cream over Beth's face.

Slowly, Tess's fingers untangled from Beth's hair. She finally just patted the top of her head as her legs settled alongside of Beth. Her body went still. Her breathing still a little erratic.

It took a few moments before Tess raised her right leg and rolled over Beth. When she slowly sat up, she ran her hand along Beth's back as she lay there quiet. Tess leaned down, kissed her cheek. "Don't move." She whispered.

Beth raised her head slightly. Tess's hand in the middle of her back held her in place. She kissed her cheek again. "Don't move, please" she said again.

She slipped from the bed and willed her week legs to take her into the bathroom. In there, she ran hot water onto a washcloth. When she pressed it between her legs, the warmth caused her to moan. She slowly washed her sex, along her inner thighs. Then she found a towel and dried herself. When she was finished, she looked at herself in the mirror. Not too bad, she thought, for just having an amazing orgasm provide to her by a lovely virgin, lesbian speaking. She ran her fingers through her hair doing little to improve its disorder. Before she left the bathroom, she rewet the washcloth and picked up another small towel.

12