Taking Life One Day At A Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bernie got $100,000, I got $200,000. They never did apologize, but their reputation was tarnished. Word spread throughout the industry.

The day I went to pick up my check, I got a call from Ellie. She was in Austin and needed to talk to me. We agreed to meet for dinner. Ellie is about 20 years older than me, but is quite attractive. She is divorced, having caught her husband fucking his secretary a couple of years ago.

I wondered what was on her mind, but was looking forward to seeing her again. We met at a nice downtown Austin restaurant near her hotel. After we ordered drinks and a meal, she made a proposal to me.

"Mark, I'm moving to Austin to start my own record label. I've saved some money, and I have some investors. I want you to to come work for me. You will be the main record producer. What do you think?"

"I'm honored Ellie, but I have another suggestion. I have some money also. Let me be a partner. Together, we will put this new company on the map, plus we will blow away any current Austin labels."

"You wouldn't have anyone in particular in mind would you?"

We both laughed. She thought for a moment then said, "Why not. Let's do it partner. I already have people working on it. Consider yourself part of the team now. I'm moving here next week, and we will get to work."

We ate our meal, drank a bottle of wine, then went to the bar in her hotel. We had another bottle of wine, and danced for awhile. We wound up fucking the night away in her hotel room. She may be 50 years old, but son of a bitch that lady knew how to please a man.

The next morning we agreed that it was a hell of a way to seal the deal, but should never happen again. It might be bad for our business.

Over the next couple of months we got our business started. Ellie brought in a lot of talent from her end, and I brought a lot from my end. The group I had worked with when I got fired eventually joined our label. As I predicted they hit it big. They broke their contract with Jenkins claiming I was the one they signed with. Jenkins eventually went belly up.

I had now been divorced about six months. I was really missing Kelly. I knew also that I had forgiven her, but I didn't call.

Ellie sensed something and mentioned it at lunch one day.

"You miss her terribly don't you Mark?"

"Who." I said.

"You know who you little peckerhead."

"Kelly? Yes Ellie. I do miss her. I miss her a lot."

"Are you still in love with her Mark?"

"Yes Ellie, I still love her. I don't know what to do."

She whacked me on top of the head. "Call her you moron. See what happens."

That night I called Kelly. "Hi Kelly, it's me Mark. How are you doing?"

"Mark!! Uh, I'm doing ok I guess. Hey, I heard about you and Ellie starting your own record label. It sounds like you are doing pretty good?"

"Yea, it's going well."

"Kelly, I miss you so much. I also want you to know that I have forgiven you."

I could hear her crying in the phone. "Mark I miss you too. You have no idea how much it means to me that you forgive me. Every night I wait hoping you will call. I haven't dated or been with anyone since we split up. I keep hoping you will call. How about you Mark, are you seeing anyone?"

"No Kelly. No one."

"Kelly, I love you."

She didn't say anything for a minute. I could hear her crying, and trying to regain her voice. Then she gave a soft little, "I love you too Mark."

I asked her out for dinner, and she quickly accepted. We started dating. We made love on our third date. We have now been dating for three months. I am thinking of asking her to move in with me. I don't know what the outcome of all this will be, but right now we are just taking it one day at a time. In the meantime, everything else is going great. Ellie tells me I am much happier now with Kelly in my life.

So, that is where I am now. Kelly gets more beautiful everyday. I figure we need to decide something soon. I think I would like kids, but I don't want bastard children. We are going to Las Vegas next week. That is a pretty easy place to get married. Oh well, I guess it is still one day at a time.

Your probably wondering about old George. Well, I did go visit him at his apartment in Austin. He was a little freaked out by my lawsuit, but was more freaked out when I grabbed him by the throat and pushed him against the wall. I basically told him that if he ever fucked with me again I would hang his balls from the University ofTexas Tower for all the world to see. I guess he believed me. He moved out of Texas to who knows where three days later.

Yep. One day at a time. That is how I live my life now. Well, maybe until I have kids. We will see.