Taking Shape

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"N... no," she answered.

"They get a spanking!" I said, as I released her pussy and started giving her some playful, but firm smacks on that pretty ass.

She was trembling, but I think it was more in excitement than pain.

"I... I'm s... sorry," she said, "I won't do it again."

"How can I be sure?"

"Let me show you," she said with a wink, and squirmed her wet body out of my grasp. She went down on her knees and took my stiffening cock in her mouth and proceeded to take its entire length into her mouth and throat.

I don't know how she did it, but I was far, far beyond questioning as I had my fourth cum of the night. I was spent and needed Marilyn's help to get cleaned up and ready for bed. I could only sit there as she stripped and made the bed, then I crawled in and spooned behind her, my arm reaching around and cupping her breast.

I woke up groggily, gradually remembering the events of the night before, enjoying the feeling of Marilyn's body next to mine.

All too soon, nature called and I went to the bathroom to drain a kidney and clean up. When I came out Marilyn was still asleep, so I headed for the kitchen to see what I could scare up for breakfast. I started to reach for my clothes, then figured, why bother?

As I was pulling breakfast together, Marilyn came stumbling into the kitchen and I was glad to see that she had followed the dress code.

"Coffee," she groaned, "I need coffee."

I put a large mug in front of her as I sat down with my own.

"Aah," she said, taking a large sip, "nectar of the gods."

I got each of us a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, and we ate in silence.

I finally broke the ice.

"Well, I don't know what kind of sex Stewart was looking for, but if THAT was too 'vanilla' for him I'd hate to see his Tutti-Frutti!"

Marilyn almost spit out her coffee.

"Well, I MAY have learned a few more tricks since we broke up, but I don't think anything short of whips and chains would have satisfied him."

Now it was my turn to gag on my coffee.

"I think I like a little kinky sex as much as the next person, but some of those people scare the shit out of me," I said.

"Amen to that," Marilyn said, "So, where does that leave us?"

"I hope that leaves us together for a really, really long time," I said.

"You know what I mean," she said, throwing her napkin at me, "What are you going to do about Gail?"

Oy vey, that was the one question that I was hoping to avoid, even though I knew that it would have to be addressed sooner rather than later. We were still married, for fuck's sake!

Damn, what could I do? The last time I spoke to June she said the Gail was doing better, but I wondered what this news might do to her. I took the coward's way out; I called June.

I asked her to meet me after work, and I think that she sensed that it wasn't good news.

I got there first and took a quiet booth; June arrived soon after. The waitress took our drink orders, and when she brought our drinks I told her that we didn't want to be disturbed. If June hadn't been concerned before, the look on her face told me that she knew what was coming.

"June," I said, "I think you know why I wanted to meet with you."

She nodded sadly

"June, I've met someone and we're getting serious. I'm afraid I can't wait for Gail any longer. I know it's impossible to avoid completely, but I'd like to minimize the pain as much as possible. Do you have any ideas?"

"I wish I did, Kevin. As I've told you, she has been dating, but nothing serious. She still doesn't seem to notice that guy in the waiting room, even though I've dropped some hints."

"Crap! I have to tell her, it's not fair to leave her hanging. Do you think that you could get me in to see her therapist? Maybe she'll have some ideas."

"I'll try, but I don't know how much she can help, what with patient confidentiality rules."

"I understand, but I can't think of anything else."

True to her word, June got a time for me to check in with Gail's therapist, with the expected caveats.

I arrived at the therapist's office, and was welcomed warmly by an attractive, middle-aged black woman as I shook her hand.

"Thank you for seeing me, Dr. Johnson," I said, "I realize this is rather unconventional."

"Please, call me Althea," she said, "May I call you Kevin?"

"Of course, Dr... Althea."

"Well, you asked for this meeting, but you realize that I can't go into specifics on Gail's case."

"Yes, yes, I understand. I presume that Gail has told you the basics of our situation."

Althea nodded.

"My problem, or question is, is that while I'm very happy for the progress Gail has made, both in her mental state as well as physically, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, I have become involved with another woman. It looks like it's serious, but I'm afraid of the impact it will have on Gail. If I don't break things off with Gail I'm afraid that I will just be leading her on, and that isn't fair to her either."

Althea sighed.

"I don't think I'm breaking confidentiality by telling you that your concerns are well-founded. Gail is still in a very fragile state, and I'm afraid that your concerns about the effect of your announcement are accurate.

"I also agree, however, that leading her on, giving her false hope, will only hurt her in the long run. The sooner she starts working on her life after her relationship with you, the sooner she will recover."

"Thank you, Althea. Here is my card, please feel free to call me if you feel that I can be of any help with Gail's therapy."

"Thank you, Kevin, I'll keep that in mind."

We shook hands, and as I walked through the waiting room, I saw a man around my age with a young girl. The girl got up to go into Althea's office as I went out, wondering if that was the same man June had mentioned.

I called June to give her the news. We decided that she should be there to comfort Gail as much as possible.

I knocked on June's door, and when she opened it I could see Gail sitting on the sofa looking hopeful, but she must have read the expression on my face and tears were already beginning to form. June sat beside her and put an arm around her shoulders as I pulled a chair up on the opposite side of the coffee table.

"Gail," I said, "I think you know why I'm here."

She nodded slowly, sniffling and dabbing a tissue to her eyes before blowing her nose.

"First, I have to tell you how proud I am of the progress you have made, I know that things haven't been easy for you."

She nodded again, she was still quietly snuffling, and I could tell that she was on the razor's edge.

"Unfortunately, while I've been waiting for you, I've met someone else, and we're getting serious..."

"Is it that slut from the amusement park?" she barked.

"I told you that Sharon is just a friend from the office," I said with a sigh," and is engaged to Henry. She is a friend of Sharon's though."

"I'll bet you just couldn't wait to get in her pants!"

"That's not true. She is aware of our situation, and we mutually agreed to hold back until I resolved my feelings towards you. I won't lie, it was difficult. There were many nights that I wanted to just turn my car around and go back to her."

"So, what's changed?" Gail asked, not looking up.

"It was when we went out. I realized that I simply no longer felt that connection with you, and I still felt the resentment at the way our marriage fell apart. I'm sorry, Gail, but I'm going to be seeing an attorney and start divorce proceedings. I'll try to be as fair as I possibly can..."

Gail jumped up, livid. "Well, boo-hoo, poor baby hits a little rough seas, and abandons ship! Go ahead, get your fucking divorce, see if I care!" she said, then ran crying to her room and slammed the door.

"That went well," June said, and I shot her a dirty look.

"I'm sorry," she said, "not the time for bad jokes."

"It's okay," I said, "You were just trying to lighten the mood. I just don't think that's possible right now."

We hugged; I gave her a kiss on the cheek and made my way to my car.

I went straight to Marilyn's, and she read my mood immediately.

"I guess it didn't go well?" she asked.

"About as bad as you can imagine," I said as I fell into her arms crying as she rubbed my back.

I just lay down on the bed with Marilyn spooned up against me with her arms wrapped around me protectively as I fell into a fitful sleep.

Marilyn and I settled into a comfortable routine as the divorce made its way through the courts. We hadn't moved in together. We told ourselves it was because we had leases, but in reality, it was because we didn't want to rush things or complicate the divorce. Fortunately, Gail wasn't fighting it; according to June, she had retreated into a shell. She was still seeing Althea, but didn't seem to be making any real progress.

Marilyn and I were still going through a discovery process in the bedroom. It wasn't always as wild as that first time, though sometimes it was even wilder! Often it was just soft and tender, sometimes we didn't have intercourse, sometimes, we didn't have sex at all, just held each other close.

It may sound cruel, but I found myself thinking of Gail less and less, usually only when the divorce intruded.

The next time I saw Gail was when the divorce became final. Against my better judgement, Marilyn went with me. My judgement seemed right on when Gail laid eyes on Marilyn. I was afraid she was going to blow up the divorce right then and there, but she signed everything and stood up.

Standing at the door, she said, "So that's the slut? I hope she treats you just as well as you deserve," the sarcasm fairly dripping off her, then turned and bolted from the office.

"I'm so sorry," June said before running after her.

My relationship with Marilyn was progressing steadily, we had soon moved in together, and she was giving subtle and not so subtle hints that she was ready for the next step.

I was still in touch with June, and as expected, Gail suffered a setback after the divorce, but was still seeing Althea and making progress again.

I eventually proposed to Marilyn, and after talking to June, we decided it would be best that she not come to the wedding, let alone Gail!

We got caught up in the wedding arrangements and didn't talk to June again until we got back from our honeymoon about three months later.

When I finally called June, she had quite a tale to tell, so we invited her over to give us all the details.

"I guess I should start at the beginning," June said, "As you know, Gail was quite upset at the divorce. I know, I know, quite the understatement!

"In any case, things were pretty much back to our new normal, until Gail saw your engagement announcement in the paper."

"Shit," I said, "I didn't even think of that!"

"Don't beat yourself up about it," she said, "in fact, it might have been a good thing."

"Huh?" Marilyn and I said together.

"I don't mean that quite the way it sounds, and it certainly didn't start out that way! Gail really had a meltdown, and Dr. Johnson and I were very concerned about her, but she eventually calmed down, but was really in a depressed mood.

"One day, I took her to her appointment and she was having a really bad day, and she was really falling apart and there didn't seem to be anything that I could do. That's when Adam, that's the guy I told you about, went to her to try to comfort her. He had his arms around her as she cried, then Adam's daughter Chloe came out of Dr. Johnson's office.

"Even though she herself had been crying she went over to Gail to ask her what was wrong.

"'I did a bad thing, Sweetie, and I'm being punished and it hurts. Why are you crying?'

"'My Mommy did a bad thing, too. She doesn't live with us anymore, and I miss her.'

"I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Gail could figure out what Chloe's mother did, and I think that's when it truly hit home what she had done. All the months of therapy, and one little girl broke through all of her defenses, and she started crying so much that Dr. Johnson had to come out and take her into her office.

"Adam, of course, had no idea of what was going on, and I didn't know how to tell him, especially with Chloe there. I also had a selfish motive; I knew that he was attracted to Gail, and I was afraid that he might be scared off if Gail's history wasn't brought up carefully.

"Gail came out of her appointment early, she was too broken up to get much use out of her session. Little Chloe looked up at her so sweetly and said, 'My Daddy always takes me for ice cream after I see the doctor. Do you want to come?' Gail tried to beg off, but Adam convinced her to go. He invited me as well, but I begged off, asking him to please drop Gail off, and he agreed.

"About an hour later, Adam pulled up and the three of them came up the walk, Gail and Adam each holding one of Chloe's hands.

"When they reached the door, Gail had the first real smile I've seen on her for months as she thanked Adam for the ice cream and Chloe hugged Gail's legs. After Adam and Chloe left Gail came in, and I swear she was glowing.

"'Somebody sure had a good time,' I said.

"'Sheesh,' she said, 'it was just ice cream!'

"'Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, maybe you'll even believe it,' and I walked away.

"Since then Gail and Adam have been on several dates, and I've rarely seen her happier. She didn't even seem to notice when your wedding date came and went. I've baby-sat Chloe, and she is just a darling little girl. She really seems good for Gail. She's really helped Gail see the pain caused by infidelity, and they're able to comfort each other.

"The only problem is that Gail hasn't told Adam yet about what she did. I think he suspects, and I think he's actually all right with it, but I think he needs HER to open up about it to him. I've told her and told her, but she's afraid. Maybe you could talk to her?"

"Do you really think that's a good idea? We didn't exactly part on the best of terms!"

"I know, but who better to impress upon her the value of honesty in a relationship?"

"I get your point; let me sleep on it, okay?"

"Yes, Kevin, of course, thank you!"

I talked to Marilyn about it, and while she was totally on board with the idea, I had my doubts.

After being begged and cajoled by June and Marilyn, I reluctantly agreed, and stopped by June's after work.

Gail came in with a big happy smile on her face, until she saw me. Then all the joy just drained out of her face.

"What's HE doing here?" she asked with bitterness.

"Relax, Gail," June said, "I asked him to come over."

"Just why would you do that?"

"Maybe I can explain," I said nervously.

"Yeah, I'll just bet you can!"

I sighed; maybe this wasn't such a great idea, but I felt I owed it to Gail for all of our good times.

"Gail, June has told me about you and Adam..."

Gail shot June an evil glair.

"So, why are you here, you going to tell him about the evil sinner, 'Once a cheater, always a cheater'?"

"No, not at all. I'm here to encourage YOU to tell him."

"What!" she screamed, "Have you fucking lost your mind? You want me to throw away the best thing that's ever happened to me?"

The hidden meaning in her statement wasn't lost on me.

"No, I don't want you to throw it away, but if you go into the relationship without total honesty you risk losing it all. I realize that I'm probably the last person you want to take relationship advice from, and I understand that. Why don't you talk to Dr. Johnson, see what she says?

"I don't expect you to believe me, but I do wish you happiness, and from what June has told me, you have a really good shot with Adam and Chloe. I hope you don't throw it away."

I gave June a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and though she stiffened up I gave Gail a hug as well.

"Good luck, Gail," I said as I left.

EPILOG

Gail did talk to Dr. Johnson, took our advice and told Adam about us. There were some bumps in the road, Adam was still hurting from his first marriage, but with Althea's help, they worked through it.

Chloe helped as well, Adam saw the real bond there, and didn't want to break it carelessly.

There's no marriage yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at any time.

Marilyn is pregnant with twins, and I hope to be as good a father to them as Adam is to Chloe.

Gail and I have a cordial, if frosty, relationship, and we occasionally get together at June's where I'm grooming Chloe for future baby-sitting duty!