Tales from the Grave: Wicked Beauty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked back at him, and shook her head. She reached out "I'll tell you what. When you come back from home, I will take this. But right now, at this moment, I can't take anything this nice from you. I love you too much. Please. For me. Maybe when you get back, I will be ready for you."

His eyes began to water, but he fought back the tears that were about to come. "OK, see you next semester." He gently grabbed her sweet brown delicate face, and kissed her softly on the lips.

He stayed there for some time, until he finally had the courage to move. As he was nearing the door, he glanced back at her one last time, and left with his heart in shambles.

~*~*~*~*

Rebecca sang a sweet melody as she walked through the store. She decided that she needed to do some well-deserved shopping after the night she'd had. As it turn out, the man she met last night, had three hundred dollars in cash on him, so she and Danny decided to treat themselves.

She rifled through the clothes rack, pulling out article after article of clothing. When she tried on clothes, she enjoyed the feel of fabric against her skin, and imagined how eye-catching she would look in them to her next victims.

One particular dress was so tight that it hugged all of her curves in the right places, but was loose enough for definition and elegance. And knew this would be the dress for her.

Packing up the dress, she stepped out the dressing room, and was met with a soft harsh thud, and fell right onto her butt.

"What the hell?" she said loudly. She looked up to see who could have been so rude, and felt herself becoming even angrier. "Nigger, are your eyes broken, or something?"

The woman turn looked down at her in disgust, arching an eyebrow. "Says the woman wearing that awful dress you have on. You shouldn't speak too soon my dear."

Rebecca's mouth flew open. Never in all her thirty-one years, had a black woman ever talked to her like that. She was livid. Getting up on her own two feet, she reached eye level with the woman and stuck out her finger preparing to teach the woman a lessons in manners she would never forget "Listen here, you coon. I-"

Her words of anger where cut short when she felt the strong, vice-like grip of the woman's hand on her wrist. Rebecca could feel her whole left side going numb, and her knees getting weak. The woman looked deep into her eyes. "Now lookie here, you ugly worthless hoogie BITCH! I am NOT the one to screw with. You got that?"

Rebecca, without her own will, shook her head up and down. She couldn't put her finger on it, but something in the woman's eyes was very off-putting.

After what felt like an hour, the woman threw her hands up in disgust and Rebecca almost dropped to her knees to recover. When she heard footsteps coming their way, she looked up, and felt relief when the store owner and her assistant came running their way. She knew that the woman would get a good taste of humble and was going to be put in her place.

She stood up strong, proud, and tall. "It's about time, ladies, this ni-."

"EVA! Are you ok?" the older white woman asked. Rebecca's mouth flew open and her heart pounded with rage. She surely could not be witnessing the things she was seeing right now. She felt like she was in another world.

"How dare YOU!?!" she shouted She was so perplexed at what she was seeing, she could feel herself shaking.

Everyone looked in her direction. Finally realizing what was going on, the older woman finally spoke. "Umm, Rose, could you be a dear, and ring up this young woman for me, and take care of all her needs, please?"

"Well, you can start by kicking out that she-beast who man handled me. Or, better yet, maybe I need to call my husband, Sheriff Watson, to handle her." She let her words hang in the air and sink in. She wanted the woman to be shaking with fear and dread at the mention of her husband.

But all Evangeline did was giggle, "Ohhh, no. Don't do that ma'am. I'm sorry."

The owner turned to Rebecca with a hopeful look. "See. She apologized. Now, if you will, to avoid further conflict, my assistant Rose will check you out."

She looked over to assistant, who was quickly but neatly packing up all her clothes in boxes. "You can follow me, this way ma'am," Rose said politely.

Finally, swallowing her pride, she follow the woman to the register. When she began moving, she heard the store owner speaking to the woman that went by the name Eva. "Miss Eva, again I am sorry for what happened. Please forgive me."

"Oh, it's not your fault, dearie. It was mine. Maybe it's my old age finally catching up with me," she heard Eva say.

She turn her attention back to the young girl walking ahead. She watched as the young woman rang her up, but her mind was focused on what happened, and that strange woman. She was so transfixed on her thoughts, she didn't hear the young girl requesting her money, until she finally broke her reverie when her heard laughter coming from behind her.

She looked over her shoulder to see the store owner and Eva deep in conversation, laughing. And she felt the heat of seven suns raged inside her.

She turned back around when the young woman tapped her hand. "OHH, I am sorry. How much again?" she asked, looking dazed.

"Twenty-five fourteen, ma'am."

She went into her pocket book, and pulled out thirty dollars. As the cashier cashed her out, she looked over her shoulder once more. She could not believe in all her years that she would be treated the way she did.

"You know, they are people just like us, ya know?" her attention quickly reverted back to the young cashier.

She stared at her bugged-eyed as if the girl grew a second head. "Excuse me?"

"I said they are people just like you and me. They are no different than us. It's just God decided that he thought they would look better in a different hue."

Rebecca stood there staring at the young girl in dismay, and disbelief. "Now, don't you go there, missy." She looked over her shoulder once more, and lowered her voice to make sure the two women behind her couldn't hear. "Those savages are not like us. They are animals! Filthy disgusting animals that need to be locked away, or put down like the savage dogs that they are. And that thing behind me—-will be the first one I kill off."

The girl laughed and simply shook her head "That kind-hearted woman back there, that you call a savage, is the reason why this boutique you love coming to so much is here. It would not exist without her help. She's the reason why my Mom and I are able to sell clothes to snot-nosed bitches like you. People like you make me want to vomit. Please leave."

Rebecca stood there in shock. Her eyes blinked uncontrollably to process everything. Never in all her life had she ever been this mistreated. Especially at the hands of a menial she thought so little of. She quickly snatched her things and gave Rose a stern look. "Just so you know, I will no longer be doing business with you nigger lovers." And, with that, she left in a huff, slamming the door behind her.

The two women looked up startled at the sudden outburst, and asked what had happened.

"Ohh, that lady got what was coming to her. People like that need to wake up and smell the roses. Sooner or later a new day will come, when blacks will no longer put up with racist twats like her anymore." Turning to Evangeline, the owner gave her deepest sincere apology.

"Eva, I am deeply sorry that you had to meet that wretched bitch today. People like her make me ashamed to be a part of the white race."

Evangeline smiled a warm smile. "It's ok. And don't berate yourself like that, honey. You have been nothing but good to me over the years."

"Oh, no .It's YOU that have been nothing but good to me. Hell, without you, this shop would not exist," the woman said flailing her arms. "Thank you so much, Eva."

Evangeline had always felt that not too many of her clients were grateful for what she did for them. But when Annie hugged her tight, she felt this overwhelming sense of love and appreciation.

It was these moments that made what she do for a living worthwhile. As their embrace came to an end, Evangeline looked at the clock on wall, and realized that she should going. "Oh, wel,l would you look at the time. I wish I could stay longer, but I have to get going. My son is coming in town today, and I don't want to miss him."

"Alright. You take care now, ya hear?'

As Evangeline walked out, she threw her head back and called, "You do the same." And left without a care in the world.

~*A.B~*

The moment she burst through the door, Rebecca began screaming like a wild banshee. She was past the point of anger and frustration. She was now at the point of rage and bloodshed. She began running through the house knocking down anything in her path.

Paintings, vases, figurines, dishes, and anything that crossed her path, she knocked over. She continued this horrid rampage, stuck in a haze until she felt a pair of strong hands grab her around her shoulders, and turned her around facing them.

"Becca, are you insane? What's wrong with you?" her husband shouted at her.

As she looked at his angry but shocked look, she couldn't help but feel bad and weak-hearted. A sting of tears came rushing to her eyes. She laid her face against his chest and tried to tell him what happened, but the words came out in little huffs. She was shaken up about what happened earlier that day, and she didn't know how to react.

Gently patting her on her back, he began to slowly rock her side to side to calm her nerves. "Shh. There, there. Everything will be ok," he gently whispered. She let herself melt into his warm embrace as his deep voice resonated throughout her core. She closed her eyes, and slowly felt herself drift into a deep unconsciousness.

*~A*B~*

The journey home seemed like a long one, especially since he moved all the way to Philly. But the moment he stepped on Baton Rouge soil, the scent of home engulfed him.

"Milton!" He heard a voice shout. He looked in the direction the voice was coming from, and saw his friends and his sisters standing next to a red Chevy. Grabbing his belongings, he ran over to them with open arms, and a wide smile on his face.

"The Ivy League hot shot has finally made it home I see." He heard his sister say. He looked Anya's way, and gave her a playful punch in the arm.

"Shut up, knucklehead, and get over here." He grabbed his older sister and gave her a huge hug. When he finally released her, he saw his other sister coming towards him with open arms.

They all surrounded him, and he just melted in their warm embrace. It was good to finally be home, and have his family and friends hug him again, but something was missing.

He looked up and around to see that his parents were nowhere in sight. "Where are Mom and Pop at?" he said, looking down at his sisters.

Anya looked up at him with bright eyes. "Oh they're at home, tending to the bar and Ava. So they were unable to pick you up," she said, shrugging. "Anyways, enough of the chatter. Let's get you home so you can check out the new bar."

~~*~*~*~*

Later on that evening, Milton reunited with the rest of his friends, and the remaining sister that did not greet him at the train station. Ava, and Allie and his mother and father. They all celebrated his big return home. He had ate a big meal and a sweet delicious dessert that Ava had made. Which he was surprised that she was able to do, considering how far along she was. And, in fact, he was so happy to be an uncle, that, with almost every chance he got, he could not help himself but rub her fat pregnant belly.

And now here he was, with his old childhood friends, enjoying a few beers at a bar that he was dragged too.

"So, Mr. Big Shot," one friend said. "What's it like being you ,all the way up there in Philadelphia?"

Milton took a big swig of his beer, and placed it back down wiping his mouth. "It's going good. I am in a field that I love, and even though race relations is hard there, it's not as hard as it is here. I will be graduating next semester with a degree in Psychology, so life couldn't be any better."

"What about dating? You ain't got no pretty little thang waiting for you back in Philly?"

He paused in mid sip as he debated on what he want to say. He wanted to pour his heart to them about the love of his life, but something told him not to.

"Naw. Not yet," he said thinking about his love back at college. They all finished their last round of beers, and were quietly talking amongst themselves, when the sweetest voice he ever heard spoke from behind him, asking for a cigarette.

He turned around, expecting to match the image with the voice, but instead he was in for a rude awakening.

~*~*~*~*

After her hellish breakdown the day before, and after some well needed rest, Rebecca had to get out of the house. And with Danny doing his rounds for the night, she managed to slip out for a night of much needed fun in her life. Catching some new prey for the evening was just what she needed.

She put on the bright red beautiful dress she bought at the boutique, and put on her best shoes, expecting a night of fun, mayhem and murder.

She walked into every bar in the neighboring town five miles outside of hers hoping to catch the perfect prey. She checked out all the men in each bar, hoping get something, but it was all a dead zone. They were either afraid of her because of her husband, or they were too frightened to mess around with a white woman.

When she finally entered in her last bar for the evening, she was expecting the same thing that happened with the others, but the moment she walked into Batiste's bar & grill, and saw the beautiful chocolate man at the bar sitting amongst his friends, her eyes widened, and her mouth watered.

Out of every man in the bar she could have, this particular man sitting at the bar facing away was one that took her breath away. Even for a black man she could say that the man she was staring at was drop dead gorgeous. She had really never found black men that attractive. Even when she went out, and picked them up, she did so because they were fun, and easy to get into trouble for her sick twisted game. But the man sitting at the bar with his friends was to die for. And she knew she had to have him.

She slithered her way to the bar, checking out his two friends, and put on her best seduction methods.

"Hey there. Can I bum a cigarette from one of you guys?" she asked, sweetly. She stuck out her chest to make herself even more eye catching to his gaze. But when he turned around and gave her a once over, he looked like he lost interest.

"Here," he said, simply giving her a cigarette. She quietly took it away from him, and made sure to caress his hand as she grabbed it, and ran her hands over the Rolex on his wrist. She had no idea how a man of his race could afford such a novelty, but she was impressed none the less.

"My, you have beautiful hands. So big and strong."

"I know," he simply stated, and took his hand back. They continued to stand there in silence, until his friends announced they had to leave, and the two of them were left alone by themselves.

When they finally left, she pulled up a stool next to him, and ordered a drink. "Long day, huh?" she asked. As her drink was getting prepared, she gently place her hand on his rubbed it.

"No. Just thinking lot," he replied. He turned his back and finished his cigarette. This surprised her. This was going to be much more of a challenge than she thought.

After another moment of awkward silence, he stood. When she saw that he was leaving, she quickly made her move. "How would you like to experience what it's like being with a white woman for the evening?" she said seductively.

He looked down at her once more, and rolled his eyes. "I have had one of you already. Y'all ain't that special." And her mouth literally flew open.

She sat there in stunned silence as the man threw his money on the bar, and hurried out of the door. But Rebecca was not one to take defeat well. She marched after him in a huff.

~*~*~*~*

Whoever the woman was, Milton did not like her. Not one bit. He couldn't exactly put his finger on it, but the mere presence of her was off-putting. A white woman coming into a bar full of coloreds just screamed suspicious to him, even-though it had white visitors. And something else about her was very off-putting as well.

He walked out of the bar with every intention of heading home, until he heard the sound of footsteps came rustling behind him.

"What the hell is your malfunction, nigger? Are you mental?" He turned to look to see the woman glaring at him angrily.

"Look, lady, I have no idea who you may be, but women like you disgust me. And something ain't right about you. So no, a nigger such as myself would not like the honor of sleeping with you. You can run along now." He turned back around heading to his car until he heard the shrill scream of bloody murder erupting out of nowhere.

He turned around seeing the woman from screaming at the top of her lungs at him and charging at him like a lunatic.

Standing there perplexed he did not know what to do as he felt his fists of furry reigning down upon him. He was a big man, and could take a punch of two, but all in his years he never laid hands on a woman. Even a white one.

After her tirade seemed like it had gone on forever, he finally had enough and grabbed her wrists in his bigger hands. "ENOUGH!" he shouted.

He watched in silence as the girl continued to throw a fit, until a set of footsteps came running up to them and a bright flashlight came beaming across his face. A harsh thud against his head made him fall straight on his ass to the dirt pavement below.

He looked up to see four white men all dressed in police uniforms standing above him. "Mrs. Watson. Are you ok?"

"WHAT!?SHE ATTACKED ME FIRST!" he shouted. He could feel rage boil inside him as this woman began to tell a lie straight from Satan's ass crack.

Placing her hand over her racing heart, she gave an explanation that further pissed him off. "No. This man tried to attack me." She said. "As I was dropping off my maid for the evening, this mongrel came out of nowhere, and tried to rape me."

The fake tears began to flow freely now, and he saw the men cock their guns at him. "I am going to call your husband so he won't miss out on this. You, nigger." the leader of the group said. "Stand up."

As Milton's rage turn into sadness, and the sting of tears came to his eyes, he stood up with his head held high. If he was going to go out, he would not do it defeated.

"Are you eyeballing me, boy? Wipe that stupid look off your face."

"NO!" He stated proudly. When he refused to cooperate with his would be killers, the last image he saw was all four of them closing in on him. Another sharp blow to the head, then there was nothing else but darkness.

His friends had been waiting for him to come out. They wanted to keep partying and having a great time, but that came to an end when they saw their dear friend getting attacked by a group of white men. They wanted to help him but they were too frightened to act. So, they ran with their tails between their legs.

~*~*~*~*

The brutal thuds and sharps blows rang in her head. Kicking and cheering could be heard throughout the woods as a group of white men skipped around a campfire and the scent of burning black flesh tarred her nostrils. And the image of her sons face twisted up in agony came into her view.

Shooting straight up in bed with a fearful pounding heart, the feeling of grief, despair and panic took hold of her. Grabbing her things, she ran through the house waking her husband and daughters for something that she could not bear to take.

As they were about to reach the front door, the sound of knocking beat them to it. When she finally opened the door to see Milton's sad friends standing with tears in their eyes' she knew her dream was real, and fell to her knees with a heavy heart.