Tales from the Stream Ch. 18

Story Info
Getting the Band Back Together.
4.2k words
4.86
3.1k
4

Part 18 of the 28 part series

Updated 12/12/2023
Created 04/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note

Another lighthearted tale, but with more sexiness than the last one.

*

Chapter 18: Getting the Band Back Together

On board the Black Prince, in the conn.

"That's it," said Jade. "A little more feather on the main sail."

Amaliya reached out to the pilot's console and tapped at the various lighted disks superimposed on a graphical representation of the ship. All around the ship icon, was the hazy purple glowing line of the stream. In the upper right corner of the console, labeled in kilometers per second, seven digits became six, and continued to drop rapidly.

"We're slowing."

On the screen, the ship icon began to drift to starboard. Amaliya chewed her lip. She reached out for the console once again. After a few taps, the ship eased back toward the center.

"Nice correction," said Jade. "Keep 'er trimmed until we get to sub-relativistic and then we can drop out."

"How's our course?"

Jade glanced at the panel in front of her. "You're dead on for the local star."

"I'm doing it," said Amaliya.

"You're doing it," said Jade.

"Did you hear that, autopilot?" Amaliya clapped her hands together once and pointed both index fingers at the console. "I got this. And you're out of a job."

Jade chuckled. "We still have to cross out of the stream. But you're doing great."

"Five-hundred thousand and falling." Amaliya tapped and slid her fingers over the controls, centering the ship once more.

"Four-hundred," she said. "Funny, I always thought shedding a hundred thousand kilometers per second would feel more monumental."

"Port or starboard exit?" said Jade.

"Does it matter?"

"Nope. Just wait for three hundred before you think about doing anything. I don't want to clean anybody's barf off the Megacomf."

"Eww," said Amaliya. And then after a moment, "Starboard."

"Starboard it is," said Jade. "You're at two-ninety. Go ahead and pull the starboard sail in a bit."

Amaliya tapped at the console.

On the screen, the ship icon began to drift right. The numbers in the upper right corner continued to tumble. As they crossed 250,000, the ship icon touched the edge of the purple boundary.

Captain Jade extended her hand toward the microphone. There was a lurch that caused her to adjust her reach. The ship icon now lay completely outside the purple.

"I did it." Amaliya clapped her hands together again. "I did it. Now what?"

Jade held the microphone at her side. "Full sail. Keep 'er perpendicular to the local star."

"So the solar winds will slow us down?"

"Exactly."

Amaliya reached to the console again and tapped at the screen. There was a shuddering throughout the ship. The numbers on the velocity indicator tumbled rapidly.

"Once you hit point five AU from the star, adjust course to establish orbit, but turn the ship so the sails stay pointed in."

"To catch the solar wind," said Amaliya.

"Yep. Between the gravitational pull and the solar wind's push--"

"We'll shed the excess velocity we picked up in the stream, establish a stable orbit, and be ready for normal maneuvers."

Jade turned her gaze away from the pilot's console to meet Amaliya's eye. "You sure you've never done this before?"

"Aye, Cap'n." Amaliya grinned. She tapped the console and the ship icon moved closer to the large sphere now dominating the screen.

Jade lifted the microphone to her mouth. "Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of your pilot Amaliya and myself, Black Prince Airlines is happy to announce we have crossed out of the stream and into normal space. We're currently shedding performing braking maneuvers and will be en route to Nauja Vilnius in about an hour."

A round of applause and cheers erupted from the lounge area behind the conn.

"Until then, the captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign and you are free to move about the cabin. Once again, Black Prince Airlines would like to thank you for your continued--"

Amaliya reached over and smacked Jade on the shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Put the microphone away. I'm flying. This is my moment."

"Don't get cocky. Just 'cause you sailed us out of the--"

Amaliya turned and glared. "Admit it. I'm a star."

"One time and now she's an expert. One time." Jade leaned forward to put the microphone back in its cradle. On the way back, she paused to rest her hand on Amaliya's thigh. "You are, baby. You're a star."

* * *

Nauja Vilnius space elevator, planetside terminus

"I did it." Amaliya grinned. "I docked the ship. I'm on a roll. First, my triumphant exit from the stream, and now I've just docked with the space elevator. All that, and nothing's broken."

"Nothing broken." Jade chuckled as she shook her head. "I love your definition of success."

Amaliya turned to Jade and stuck her tongue out as the group exited the double doors and walked into the open air. "Admit it. I was brilliant."

Jade smirked.

"I think you did great," said Emily, laying a hand on Amaliya's shoulder as the walked. "You can fly me around the galaxy anytime."

"Thanks," said Amaliya. She turned to Lúcia. "I have to know, honey. Were you praying?"

"I was," said Lúcia. "But not specifically about your piloting, if that is what you are asking. More of a general thanking God for looking after us in our travels and everything else She has provided for us on this momentous journey. And also for not letting our ship be reduced to its individual atoms as we completed our braking maneuvers."

Reg, who was riding on Lúcia's shoulder, hunkered down and buried his eye stalks in the collar of Lúcia's jumpsuit.

"Mm-hmm," said Amaliya. She clasped her hands together over her heart. "Emily, dearest, tell me again how wonderful I was."

"Not to rain on your parade, but," said Jade. "maybe we should go over the plan one more time. We only get one shot at this."

"Fine," said Amaliya.

"Okay," said Jade. She turned to Aidoru.

"I go in alone," said Aidoru,

"and ask for a Toblerone,

"at the front counter."

"Right," said Jade. "And you have the coupon?"

Aidoru held up the twenty-percent off gift shop voucher.

"And what shall I do,

"if Captain Joan is busy,

"or if she's not there?"

"Just try to act casual," said Jade. "We'll figure it out."

"Act casual." Amaliya snickered. "I love your definition of contingency planning."

Jade grinned, threw her arm around Amaliya's neck, and pulled her in for a kiss on the cheek.

"Remember though," said Jade. "Just Aidoru, and just one of her. If we all pile in, we'll spoil the surprise."

The group came to a halt across the street from the tourist shop. A single Aidoru shot a crisp salute, looked both ways, and crossed.

* * *

Inside the tourist shop on Nauja Vilnius

One Aidoru wove her way through racks of T-shirts and postcards on her way to the front counter. She paused and shot a look back over her shoulder before plucking up a single Toblerone bar in her hand.

"Be with you in just a moment." A young woman wearing a black eye patch and a name badge that said 'Ask me, I'm here to help', hustled her way toward the counter. Also on her name badge, penned in handwritten letters, was 'Joan'.

Aidoru grinned and picked up two more Toblerones to set alongside the first one as she waited. Joan walked behind the counter, reached for the Toblerones without looking, and rang up the sale.

"Do you take Dogecoin,

"Or just local currency?

"I'm new around here." Aidoru thrust out the twenty-percent off coupon and bit her lip to suppress a smile.

Joan looked at the coupon and then looked at Aidoru, who lost the fight with her lip and broke out into a wide grin. Joan took a step back. "Aidoru?" she said. "Where's the rest of you?"

"Hi, Joan," said Jade, walking through the front entrance. She was flanked by Amaliya, Emily. Lúcia stepped around from behind, holding hands with the remaining Aidoru.

"Surprise," said Amaliya.

"Missus Hodgepodge, I'm taking my break," hollered Joan. She reached up and tapped her right shoulder. A holographic parrot glowed at full brightness.

* * *

A dimly lit starship hangar on the edge of town.

Jade rolled halfway out from underneath the engine nacelle. She held out her hand. "12 millimeter open end, please," she said.

Joan dug through the toolbox to produce a 12mm combo wrench. She placed it in Jade's hand, with the open end aligning with her fingertips and the box end resting on her palm.

"Thanks."

"Anything else I can help with?" asked Joan. "I feel like you're doing all the work."

"We'll need to do a pressure test on the cooling system before we think about firing up the reactor. What's the state of your backup batteries?"

"Sixty percent, give or take. I've been keeping them on a float charge."

"Good thinking." Jade rolled out from under the ship and stood up. There was a small grease stain on her collar. "Replacement pump's in. As long as it passes diagnostics, I'd say you're good to go."

Joan held her arms wide and pulled Jade in for a hug. "Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me."

"Provided everything checks out, you're ready to sail the seven seas, matey," whispered Jade. "What are you naming 'er?"

"The Hispaniola, of course."

"Of course."

"Um, Joan?" said Amaliya from across the hangar. "There's someone here to see you. Someone with some, um, stuff."

Joan turned to look. "Jamie," she said.

"It's just the first load." Jamie, dressed in a baggy coverall and wearing a commodore's hat, pushed a cart laden with a dozen sacks labeled beans, another dozen labeled rice, and still another labeled quinoa. There were several bundles of dried herbs tied at the stems and protected by loose fitting clear plastic bags. Next to the herbs was a baguette wrapped in paper.

"Baguette," whispered Amaliya.

"Nice, um, beard, Jamie," said Joan. "And the hat. Where'd you find the hat?"

"You said it was pirates. I thought I should dress the part."

"Okay..."

"Mmm, baguette," whispered Amaliya, again.

"Everybody, this is my cousin Jamie," said Joan. "Jamie's going to be my first mate."

"Provided the ship actually leaves the hangar," said Jamie.

"She'll fly," said Joan. "Captain Jade was a machinist with the Colonial Navy. She got the new cooling pump installed."

Jamie stepped forward to lay a finger on Jade's collar. "Got a little grease there," Jamie said. And then, in a whisper, "I bet it drives the girls crazy."

"You know it," said Jade, looking Jamie in the eye. "I'm digging the guyliner you've got going on here. Very piratey."

"Arrgh." Jamie grinned and stepped back. "Well, spaceworthy or not, at least there's plenty of food. I just need to fetch the canned goods from the restaurant. Be back in a jiff."

"Mmm, baguette," whispered Amaliya, eyeing the cartload of supplies.

Jamie turned to Amaliya and blew a kiss before leaving with the cart.

"Jamie's family owns a restaurant," said Joan. "I got all this wholesale."

"God has provided," said Lúcia, hoisting a sack of quinoa. "I will help you get it loaded."

* * *

A few hours later

"Joan," hollered Amaliya, "There's someone else here to see you. And she brought more baguette."

Joan exited the ship and waved to the woman with the white blonde buzzcut, wearing a slinky red dress and pushing a cart full of canned goods and other assorted items. "Hey, Jamie."

"Hey, cuz. I brought bread for your friends this time," said Jamie. "And there's a couple bottles of wine in there, too. Grandpa Steponas sends his love."

"Jamie?" said Emily.

"Jamie," said Jade. "You clean up well. Where's the beard?"

"Yeah well. About that. I heard it was space pirates, you know. Hat and a beard, and a hearty yo-ho-ho. But then I figured out it was lesbian space pirates. So..." Jamie picked up a baguette from the cart and presented it to Amaliya. "For you."

"Mmm, baguette," whispered Amaliya. "And it's still warm."

"And," said Jamie, stooping to pick up a large cardboard container labeled 'KitchenAid 1800 Watts with Air Fry and Temperature Probe' from the cart. She held it in her arms. "Also for you. One lucky winner, anyway."

"A toaster oven?" said Emily. "Is that for toasting the baguette?"

"Heavens no. Who would do such a thing to fresh baked bread?" Jamie shook her head. "The toaster oven's the prize. It's for whichever one of you randy babes turns me gay." Jamie winked.

"Okay," said Jade. "So you're not a dude?"

"I told you, the beard was part of the pirate shtick. Joan told me you were pirates. She didn't mention the lesbian part. I figured that out on my own. But now that I know..."

"Okay," said Jade. "And?"

"Look," said Jamie, "I just dumped my loser boyfriend and I haven't gotten laid since last Tuesday."

"You broke up with Lukas?" said Joan. "I liked Lukas."

"Meh," said Jamie. "He was just... meh. Anyway, the point is, I'm done with meh. And I'm done with the current selection of eligible bachelors around here. I'm ready to try something new. I'm not looking for a lifelong commitment, here. Just need one of you gals to turn me gay."

"Unbelievable," said Jade.

"What do you say? There's a top quality toaster oven on the line here. I understand your galley leaves a bit to be desired."

Lúcia stared at the box. "What is an Air Fryer?"

"So, you want to go gay, huh?" said Emily, stepping forward.

Jamie nodded.

"No commitment?"

Jamie shook her head. "None whatsoever."

"And a toaster oven to sweeten the deal, too?" Emily smirked. "As an enticement, that's a step up from a dick pic. I suppose I could take one for the team."

"Oh, come on now. You make it sound like I'm hideous. I assure you I'm not." Jamie licked her index finger and ran it along her bare thigh from just above her knee to up under the hem of her little red dress. She ended by cupping her crotch. "And I sugared myself bare just this morning."

"Never been with a woman?" Emily stepped forward, resting her hand on Jamie's shoulder. "Amaliya, hon, we've got another innocent to bring over to the dark side. You think you could help me out?"

"With the baguette?" said Amailya.

"Actually, I was thinking with sex toys," said Emily, picking up Jamie's hand and weaving Jamie's fingers in with her own. "But if you need to eat first so you have energy... This one might take a while."

Jamie grinned.

"You sure you're straight, Jamie?" said Amaliya.

"For the moment. Straight as an arrow. But I trust one or two of you horny gals who hasn't seen port for a while can take care of that shortcoming."

"Oh, we'll take care of you," said Amaliya, setting the baguette back on the cart and picking up a bottle instead. Wine in hand, Amaliya slinked over to where Jamie and Emily stood. She leaned in, her lips just centimeters from Jamie's left ear. "The question is, will you survive the conversion process?"

"Sounds like a challenge," said Jamie. "I like a challenge."

"Oh, Amaliya, dearest," said Emily. "A word, if I may?" Emily pulled Amaliya aside.

"Sorry, Em. I'm not trying to step on your groove," said Amaliya, "If you want her to yourself, I'll step aside."

"Actually, I was going to say all the sex toys are on the ship," said Emily. "We'll have to take a trip back up the gravity well, for a, um, thorough conversion."

Jamie stood with her hand on one hip and batted her lashes. "Dig through the baguette," she said. "Toward the bottom of the pile. I brought a little something for the party."

"Eaves dropping is not sexy, Jamie," said Emily.

"No, but this is," said Amaliya, holding a long paper bag with the head of a flesh toned sex toy peeking out where a baguette should have been. Amaliya stroked the shaft. "Very sexy."

"You certainly came prepared," said Jade, smirking.

"What can I say? I'm a planner," said Jamie. "Why do you think Captain Joan chose me as first mate? It's my meticulous attention to detail in critical situations such as this."

Joan's eyes widened, and when Jade looked her way, she shrugged. Oblivious to this exchange, Amaliya grabbed Jamie by the earlobe. She nestled the baguette wrapper sex toy in the crook of her elbow and turned to Emily. Emily wrapped Jamie's arm up in hers.

Jamie moved her wavering gaze to Joan as she turned three shades of pink. "Permission to, um, come aboard, Captain?"

Joan chuckled and waved her hand with a flourish, pointing to the gangplank. "By all means."

"Come on, Jamie," said Emily, "Let's see if there's an empty crew bunk on this ship."

"Somebody be a dear and grab the laundry sack from the cart," said Jamie. "It's got my bed linens in it."

"You really are a little planner, aren't you?"

Jamie shuffled along between Emily and Amaliya.

"So what are you wearing under this dress," asked Amaliya as they scaled the ramp to the ship.

"Not a stitch," said Jamie.

"Definitely a planner," said Emily, running a finger down Jamie's nose and pausing at her lower lip. "I like that in a girl."

Amaliya pulled the sex toy from the baguette wrapper. "Such a good planner," she said. "It's double ended."

Emily heaved a sigh.

"Not to worry, Captain Joan," hollered Amaliya over her shoulder as the trio disappeared into the ship. "We'll have your freshly minted baby gay back on duty in a jiffy."

"No need to rush," said Joan. "I still need to charge the ship's backup batteries." She looked at Jade, smirking, as her voice trailed off. "Take all the time you need."

"They'll be gentle," said Jade. "I hope."

"We'll be gentle," hollered Amaliya from inside the ship.

"Look in the bottom of the sack," echoed Jamie's voice. "There's lube."

"Such a planner," said Emily.

"Do you think they will mind if we continue to load the supplies?" asked Lúcia, carrying a sack of beans. "There are many sacks still on the cart."

On Lúcia's shoulder, Reg rolled his eye stalks and tipped forward to bury his front half in the collar of Lúcia's jumpsuit. As Jamie's red dress went sailing through the air to land at the top of the gangplank, Joan and Jade exchanged a glance.

When the moaning sounds began to pick up from inside the ship, Aidoru reached for the sack of beans. She deposited it back on the cart and reached for Lúcia's hand.

"Lúcia, cherie,

"Let us give them privacy

"For their conversion."

"I like to watch," said Lúcia, shoulders slumped.

"If you like to watch,

"Then would you like to watch me?" said Aidoru, as one Aidoru slipped her hand behind the neck of another and pulled herself in for a kiss.

"I'll give you a show."

Reg stood bolt upright on eight tiny legs, eye stalks pointing straight to the ceiling, before crouching down and making the jump to Jade's shoulder. Lúcia gave a little finger wave goodbye and traipsed, glassy eyed, behind Aidoru to find a corner of the hangar.

"So, um, Joan," said Jade, helping Reg get situated. "I've got a fair idea of a potential course in my head. Do you have a tablet? I can chart it out for you."

"Yeah sure," said Joan, scratching at the back of her neck. "And I really ought to get these batteries on the charger."

A trio of moans echoed from the ship. "Wow. It's, um, bigger than I thought," grunted Jamie.

"I think she needs more lube, Em" said Amaliya.

"Definitely more lube."

"Oh, wow." Jamie grunted again. "Why didn't I ever think of this before?"

* * *

Two and a half hours later

Oh my..." hollered Jamie. "Yes! Yes! Just. Like. That. Fuck!"

Joan and Jade stood looking at each other. It was Joan who spoke first. "I should really finish loading this stuff, otherwise we'll be here all night," she said.

Jade nodded and picked up a flat of canned tomatoes from the cart and hefted it up on her shoulder.

12