Teaching Racial Tolerance

Story Info
Can a widower find love a second time?
10.6k words
4.48
9.5k
8
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: I guess its necessary for me to let my readers know that this story is fictional. It has several components. Interracial stuff, is what the first part is made of. There is some sadness. There is a part that deals with conflict, too. Any and all people involved in sexual stuff are over 18 years of age. If I happen to use the names of people you might recognize, its to advance my story. WARNING!!! There is an instance where I use the very negative, derogatory term for African-American people, and in no way do I ever use this term in my life. Be forewarned.

I'm Paul Freeman, who happens to be recovering from the loss of my wife of nearly twenty-two years. One day we were talking and laughing, as we often did, and the next, I was planning her funeral. That's what a brain aneurysm can do.

It might help if I start at the beginning. I'm a life-long resident of the Greater Seattle area, who has worked in the Internet Security business for nearly twenty-three years. If I do say so myself, I'm pretty good at what I do.

All through High School, I quickly mastered every class the science and math departments had. Likewise I seemed to pass every computer class, with ease.

I also decided to try my hand at sports. At just six feet tall, and weighing about 165, I knew football wasn't for me. I thought about basketball, thinking could I be the only white kid on a team with a history of over a dozen state championships, and more than a few NBA players, that played at storied Garfield High.

With me knowing how to play defense, and being the best free throw shooter in school, I gave it a try.

My first two years, I played on the Junior Varsity teams, and held my own. My Junior year, I made the varsity, but saw little action. I didn't care, because I made the team that won another state championship, that season.

My senior year, along with my acceptance to the U of W, I played in every game. I scored more than a few points, guarded the opposing teams best players well, and helped our school to back to back state championships.

I did have to withstand some well meaning ribbing by the rest of the team, with me being the only member who couldn't dunk the basketball. Think of the 1992 film, White Men Can't Jump.

Well, the second to the last regular season game, I blocked a shot by one of the tallest members from our opponents team, from behind him, which had our cheering section on their feet.

The next day at practice, my teammates called me an honorary dunker.

All through high school, I was friends with students of every race. With our school being very racially diverse, I made friends with everyone. Black, Asian, each and every ethnicity. Both males and females.

When I started to date, I didn't shy away from any girls in my classes, no matter their skin color. There was this one girl who piqued my interest, Paula Jefferson. On the short but larger side, with a million watt smile.

Our Senior year, we went to a few school dances and got along just fine. My parents had absolutely no problems with me dating a black girl, but her parents were none to pleased with her dating a white boy.

The first time I met Jerome and Jasmine Jefferson, I was met by two icy stares. After talking with them both, and assuring them we were still very much in the 'friend mode' their opposition softened.

All through our senior year, we did talk about going to our prom together, and right from the start she told me we weren't going to wind up in bed.

"Its not because I don't care for you in that way, because I do, it's just I don't think I'm ready for sex. I hope you're not too disappointed, Paul."

I told her I wasn't, and we both had a good laugh with other students ribbing about our names Paul and Paula. We even had a teacher tell us about a popular song, Hey, Paula, from 1963. The duo who recorded that song, Paul and Paula, who were actually Ray Hildebrand and Jill Jackson, and were just singing partners, not brother and sister, as the rumor had said.

We did go to Senior Prom, and had a fabulous time. It took a while to convince her parents to let us stay at my house, overnight, promising them we'd both behave. Both during the prom, and after getting back to my parent's house. We talked about what we were both going to do, after graduation.

Sitting in my living room, with her head on my shoulder, we did start kissing. Slowly, at first, before picking up some steam. When I got brave enough to place my hand on her fairly large breast, she inhaled sharply, but didn't tell me to stop.

After a few more kisses, I slowly started to unbutton the blouse she was wearing. When her bra came into view, I got my first glimps of just the most perfect set of boobs, I'd laid my eyes on. OK, they were also the first set, too.

I leaned over and kissed her bra covered nipple, which made her gasp, and whisper to me that we should stop, for a minute, or two.

Sitting back up, but not rebuttoning her blouse, we just stared at each other, smiling.

"Paul, I hope you don't mind my decision about not going any further, but I just can't. I really hope you don't hold it against me."

"Paula, I'd never hold anything against you, because I'm starting to have some serious feelings for you."

"Paul, I want you to know, I've already enlisted in the Army for three years, to try to learn a useful job skill, because my parents can't afford to send me to college."

Just holding each other, we did some more kissing, and I did have another chance to feel her very hard nipples, through her bra. I did get very brave, when I slid my hand inside her bra, to feel just how sensitive her nipple was, as it nearly brought her to an orgasm.

Catching our breath, she whispered to me that she hoped I would enjoy my college life, and I told her not to spend all her time learning, and to enjoy her time in the military.

We really did sleep together, and feeling her soft breasts against my back, nearly causing me to shoot my load.

At our graduation, our parents met each other, and got along very well. I kept having this feeling that the Jeffersons were happy that their daughter was leaving for quite a while on her three year enlistment.

I saw her off, as she left for her basic training all the way to Fort Lewis, about 45 miles south of Seattle. She did tell me she would write when she got the chance. I made sure she had my address, to help her remember.

Off I went to the U of W, but decided to live at home. My older sister was married, and out of the house, giving me lots of quiet time to study.

I quickly found my classes to be fairly hard, mainly with the huge amount of homework, every night. It wasn't that I had trouble doing the work, but after two months my parents sat me down and suggested I find a social life.

There were several girls in my classes that I found very attractive, but soon realized some of them only wanted to date upper classmen. Seeing as I was always one of the youngest in my class, I just took that in stride, and kept studying.

There was this one girl in my English class who studied with me several times. Latisha Robinson was as opposite from Paula as possible. Nearly as tall as me, and on the thin side. Where Paula wore a DD cup bra, Latisha barely needed one. The main thing they had in common was their skin color.

During the third week of studying together, we started kissing, right in the library, off to one side. After a few scorching kisses, we both thought it best not to be so public, and headed for her dorm room, as her roommate was in class.

Getting just inside her door, we started grabbing at each others clothes, while locked in an embrace. As I raised her shirt over her head, seeing two small, but nicely shaped boobs, I leaned down and started kissing one very hard, sensitive nipple. With our clothes in a heap on the floor, and both of us naked on her bed, she took my solid seven inches in her mouth, and slowly started to bob up and down.

I returned the favor, with my tongue finding her hidden gem, and two fingers finding their way inside her smoldering sex. It was fairly obvious she wasn't a virgin, but still seemed very tight. When I thought I was about to blow, she took one finger and slowly pushed it inside my ass. I literally shook the entire bed, shooting stream after stream of cum down her throat.

"Do you have a condom, Paul?"

Reaching for my pants, one was brought out and unwrapped. Latisha took it from me, rolled me on my back and placed it where it needed to be. As I was massaging both her rock hard, tiny nipples, she mounted my still hard cock and slowly started up and down. I was in heaven. With our tongues exploring each others mouths, I kept thrusting in and out of her very tight snatch.

Again, I came like is was the Fourth of July! I saw stars, it was so great. With Latisha laying on my chest, both of us catching our breath, she just grinned at me and told me she hoped I had more condoms.

For the next few weeks, we spent a great deal of time, both studying, and fucking. We found time when her roommate was in class, to make use of her empty dorm room. Nothing was off limits. Nothing!

Just when I realized my grades were starting to slip, she told me her father was very sick, and she was dropping out of school and returning home, to Vancouver, B.C.

I did feel sorry for her, but I knew I had to get back to studying, if I wanted the degree I was there to get, hopefully in about three years. We both had admitted to each other, that this was a great college fling, that most likely, would never go any farther.

During my Freshman year, I did get a few letters from Paula, telling me about how hard basic training was, and that she was going to be a radiology technician, which would require a five month training program, that would start right after basic, but in Missouri. I was bummed about her not getting any time off, but soon realized it was her job, and I best be on board supporting her.

My second year, I buckled down and did some extra classwork, and got my grades back to where I wanted them to be.

I did date, some, but nothing all that serious.

After Paula's training, she was sent to Germany for eighteen months. Again, she didn't have any time off. Her parents did tell me they visited her for a week, in Missouri, before she left for Germany.

Was I right to feel neglected? Not really, as we never made a serious commitment to each other. Even so, I felt a little left out.

As my final year of school was going along great, I did receive a few letters from Paula, but not a word for several months. The letters I did receive just told me how much she enjoyed her work, and nothing about any social life.

With only a few weeks before my graduation, and not hearing from Paula for quite a while, I called her parents, with Jasmine just handing the phone to Jerome.

I could tell something wasn't right, when I asked how Paula was doing, he just didn't give me a direct answer.

Watching the national news a couple of days later, there was a story about several soldiers in Germany being attacked by a gang of Neo-Nazis. I started paying attention, and realized this happened about a week earlier.

I started asking questions, and the Army just wouldn't tell me a thing. I went to the Jefferson's house and asked both her parents to please let me know what happened.

Finally, Jerome started telling me some of the details of this racially motivated attack. It seems as if a group of four Army members, including Paula, were attacked by these thugs, and, it seems as if Paula might have got the worst of the four soldiers.

"Paul, we want you to know Paula will be transported to Madigan Hospital, at Fort Lewis, in about a week. Please know that she doesn't want any visitors, besides us, for a while."

"Will you please let me know when I can see her?"

He just nodded, so I got up and left. Not knowing what to expect, when I was able to see her.

Not wanting to just sit around, doing nothing, I made my decision. When I did decide what I was going to do, my parents told me to tell Paula's parents, too.

After ten more days, finally got to visit Paula. As soon as I walked in, carrying a nice bouquet of flowers, she threw her hands over her eyes and started crying.

I sat on the edge of her bed, and quietly told her I was just there to listen.

"Paul, did you do something that might have embarrassed the Army? There were two bigshot lawyers from the JAG Corps, here, earlier today."

Just as I was saying I did, two high ranking officers came in, asking if I was Paul Freeman.

"That depends on why you're asking."

"Mr. Freeman, someone has been talking to members of congress about Sgt. Jefferson's mishap, in Germany."

"Major Johnson, what you call a mishap, I call a viscous, unwarranted attack, that the Army is trying to sweep under the rug. Before you try to deny my charge, you and I know if Sgt. Jefferson was white, there would be hell to pay for this crime. So, damn right I talked to both our US Senators and our Representative in Congress."

"That's a bit of overkill, don't you think?"

"Nope, I've also contacted the States Attorney nearest her base, in Germany, so get ready for the shit storm I'm hoping to start."

"Mr. Freeman, I want you to know that the US Army isn't the enemy."

"So tell me, why is it the German Prosecutor has told me he is looking for a Sergeant Allen Daly, and the army won't turn him over? They know he got these thugs to attack these women, and your precious Army is OK with that crime! You make me sick, sir!"

He and his lackey turned and left.

I turned to Paula, who still had tears in her eyes, and just held her hands.

"How much do you know about Allen and me?"

"Enough. And more than enough for you to know I will do anything to help you get over this attack, and to recover from the loss of your unborn baby."

With that, she burst into tears, sobbing uncontrollably. I just held her shaking body, until her crying subsided.

"Paul, I need you to know that I never intended to get pregnant. Allen and I were friends, and one night he got a little carried away, and we forgot a condom."

"Shush, you don't have to tell me anything. I know a bit more than I told those lawyer jerks. I know those two lawyers are trying as hard as they can to keep this entire episode quiet, but our two US Senators are having quite a conversation with top Army brass, this coming week. Just so you know, Daly has been arrested, and is awaiting his Court Martial. From what I've been told, someone should be visiting you in the next few days for your deposition."

"Paul, I just can't thank you enough. Have you told all this to my parents?"

"Yes, and they're waiting outside, as we speak."

With that, her parents came into her room, and I turned to leave.

"Please stay, Paul, we don't want you to go just yet."

For the next few minutes, we just talked, and I learned a little more about Paula's injuries.

This asshole, Daly, wanted this attack to cause Paula to miscarry. On that issue, he succeeded, unfortunately.

Why the Army tried to cover it up? It seemed clear to me it was because the color of Paula's skin. Plain and simple.

The following day, I returned to see how she was doing, when who should I see entering her room? Major Johnson and his flunky.

When I entered, the first thing out of my mouth was, where is Sgt. Jefferson's counsel?

They told me she was just giving a deposition, but I told them in no uncertain terms, if I didn't like their questions, this would end her cooperation.

When they were finished, I calmly asked them both why didn't they tell us Daly was awaiting his Court Martial?

They just stared at me and left.

Sitting on the edge of her bed she quietly asked my why was I mad at her.

I told her I wasn't, so she asked me why I hadn't tried to kiss her.

Leaning over, I kissed her soft lips as gently as I could. Damn, she tasted good.

"Can you ever forgive me for what I've done, Paul?"

"How many times do I have to tell you there's nothing to forgive."

"I'm so glad I don't have to go to Fort Campbell, Kentucky for his trial. What I've gathered is he's trying for a plea deal."

"Shhhh, just try to rest, and get better, to get out of here."

"Just so you know, Paul, in about thirty days, I'll be getting discharged a little early, and I'll be moving back with my parents."

"Fantastic, I've interviewed with Microsoft, and hopefully will be starting within a few weeks."

"Paul, can we start over, with a clean slate, and maybe date? Just to start?"

"Just try to stop me."

True to their word, Paula got her Honorable Discharge, just about three weeks later.

I gave her a little time to get settled, and learn to be a civilian, again, and she still wasn't quite fully healed.

We did talk, every night, after I got home from work. I did tell her I was going to be moving a lot closer to work, which meant I'd be getting my own place.

I did tell her I wasn't suggesting we move in together, but I wanted her to know that that might be my long term goal.

"Even after what you've learned these past few months?"

"Nothing I've learned has given me any hesitation to see just what might be."

The second week after being discharged from the Army, I went to the Jefferson's house, rang the bell, and when Paula answered the door, I smiled and said, "hello, I'm Paul Freeman, glad to meet you."

She jumped into my arms, smiling for one of the few times over these past few months.

"Is this our fresh, new start, Paul?"

"Yep, and I hope it's so corny it just might work. I hope we can start by going out for dinner, tonight."

"OK, but can we just sit and talk, now?"

I walked into her house, holding her hand, and telling how nice it was seeing her smiling.

Sitting on the couch, we talked for over an hour. Yes, we kissed a few times, and I was even brave enough to touch her breast, more than once.

"Hey, I don't want you to think I'm easy," she said, with a mile wide grin.

I started to lift her shirt up, but we heard her mother returning from work. Wow, two twenty-two year olds nearly caught 'in the act'

We both told each other this was to be continued.

We did go out to dinner, that night, and went back to my place. Slowly, we started kissing each other, while removing our clothes. When she unhooked her bra, I finally got to see her breasts, for the first time. Very large, dark nipples, and huge, gorgeous breasts. I just couldn't get enough of licking, sucking and massaging them.

Getting the rest of our clothes off, we just held each other, kissing lightly, me lightly caressing her breasts. She moved her hand down to my cock, and slowly moved it up and down my shaft.

When she whispered if I had a condom, I couldn't unwrap it fast enough. Moving between her wide open thighs, she told me to be very careful, and I was.

Sliding my rock hard seven inches into her honey pot, felt fantastic. Slowly moving in and out, while lightly nipping at her boobs and nipples, had us both on the edge, in no time.

When we both exploded, it was difficult to stay on my bed. We both just stared at each other, and even with the lights off, I thought I could see a tear or two slowly drippong down her cheeks

"Oh my God, Paul, that was amazing. I can't thank you enough for being so gentle."

It took us all of about two minutes to be sound asleep.

We must have bumped into each other in our sleep, as we woke up, with her spooning me. Her pillow like boobs pressed against my back and my cock as hard as its ever been.

"I have another condom, Paula," I quietly said.

With that, our kissing started, and I started down her body, only stopping at her fairly thick, curly bush. When my tongue dove into her soaking wet sex, I thought she was going to pass out.