Tempus Fugitives

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What we had done, while it created some fuss in financial circles due to the rumbling of the broker who had been caught short, was not illegal and it gained our brokerage a reputation for its aggressive approach to trading. Several similar deals involving coffee (crop failure) and diamonds (Large deposit in Kimberley region of Australia prompting a reaction from the existing cartel to manipulate the market to negate the impact of an influx of gem quality diamonds on the market) saw enough variation to generate a further several million dollars in after tax profit for the company.

We decided that the next part of our project was ready to implement. By starting off with provincial newspapers and electronic media stocks we quickly gained control of a substantial slice of the media interest around the country. The large players in the field began to get a little paranoid about what we were doing, and began a program of buying to raise their own stakes in the regional broadcast and print media.

We quietly began offloading our shares in provincial media at a substantial profit and at the same time riding the slump in the major newspapers and television stations. We did not arouse too much interest until it became obvious that we held enough voting shares in these groups to be able to elect our own people onto the various boards. Of course the proprietors of these groups cried foul, and questions were raised in Federal Parliament by their paid stooges. It became obvious to them that, at the time, nothing could be done because we had always worked within the frame work of the current media legislation, and by the time the rules had been changed it was too late.

The real profits from this venture could not be measured in fiscal terms, but in the influence that we would now be able to bring to bear on the public. That was the profit that we were seeking.

We had intended an entry into the armaments field but decided against that on advice from Micha who claimed that, because the Americans had build their whole armaments industry on supplying both sides of any conflict, for us to enter into the industry in competition would attract unwanted attention from them. We did also consider the ethical ramifications of such a move and this was the major influence on our decision.

Our corporation was expanding rapidly and we found that we had to delegate more and more of our work to Micha and Tony, who in turn persuaded us to employ more staff, after first vetting them thoroughly for confidentiality and trustworthiness. We had moved our offices from the building in the centre of the city to one more secluded behind luxuriant shrubbery on Greenhill Road. Our home was also relocated from the city to the outer suburban foothills.

On the surface it looked like any other modern version of a 'colonial' house with its wide return verandas and high pitched roof. What couldn't be seen was that under the house and accessible through the garage floor was a large bunker style accommodation area which could effectively be sealed from the outside world.

It was in this bunker that we held our 'family' meetings. Micha and Tony had moved in with us and Margaret came in once a day for her briefing before going to the office. It was considered necessary not only to have them join us on a permanent basis, but for us to take them into our confidence, as it was becoming more difficult to explain our phenomenal business successes.

Micha was the first to move in and fitted in with our lifestyle and routines with her usual casual manner, while Tony, who arrived a few days after Micha was a little reluctant to fully embrace our extended family lifestyle.

Once he became used to holding meetings naked and sprawled on the enormous bed, he had little trouble in contributing fully and participating in all aspects of our lives. Both Jadixna and Micha finding him attractive helped matter somewhat.

I was sitting with my back to the headboard and with Micha's head in my lap while her feet were in Tony's. Jadixna was seated beside me slowly stroking Micha's long dark hair. This situation didn't detract from our loving relationship with each other and it helped to ease the traumas of our being separated from each other if either of us had to be away from home on business and found it inconvenient to zip back to be together.

I often took Margaret with me on overnight trips and we had discussed the possibility of her joining us also. It wasn't as if she didn't want to, it was more that she had a family of her own who depended on her, while neither Micha nor Tony had any close family members.

My relationship with Margaret was as loving as it was with Micha, only the circumstances prevented her inclusion in our family. Jadixna knew and approved of it, I could not have hidden anything from her even if I wanted to. That apart, I would not do anything without first seeking her approval.

We had agreed that, as part of our contingency plans, if things started to get a little out of control Margaret and her family would come and join us. We hoped that we would never have to use those plans, but they were there if needed.

The high profile of our business ventures and successes led to an inevitable interest in us accompanied by the usual plethora of rumours and innuendo that was associated with the 'tall poppy syndrome' endemic in Australian life. We tried our hardest to ignore these, feeling that they would eventually die off if unanswered.

One of the more insidious rumours in circulation was that the only way that we could possibly have made as much money as quickly as we had would have been because we were heavily involved in the importation and distribution of narcotics as well as the laundering of drug money for the Mafia. At first we thought that this was purely a local phenomenon, but soon became aware that, because of our extensive international business links, that the interest of one of America's major security organisations had been aroused.

This interest was further aroused when we became embroiled in controversy over the failure, during proving trials, of weapons supplied to the US Army which contained components supplied by one of our subsidiary companies. We were able to convince the US government that the fault lay, not in the components but in the installation, but the damage had been done, we were being scrutinised.

At first we were aware that we were being followed but unsure by whom. Everywhere we went there was a tail on us, then we discovered that an attempt had been made to tap our phones, both at home and at the office. Because we had rigged our phones so that they wouldn't work with a bug installed, the phone company was forever visiting either the house or the office to repair a reported 'fault'.

Apart from the attempted phone taps there were bugs installed in the house and office. These were audio only and we made sure that we didn't talk about any confidential information within earshot of them. We also developed a way of confusing the listeners. By using the Time Machine we could arrange to be in two different places at the same time, we even managed to have simultaneous conversations in both places which must have confused them something fierce.

We received the inevitable visit from the telephone repairman trying to find yet another fault in the phones. We watched him from our own monitors as he checked each of the bugs for any sign of tampering, which he couldn't find, and which left him even more confused.

Meanwhile Tony, Micha and Margaret were taking lessons in telepathy. Because of their closeness with us they were able to transmit thought messages over quite long distances in no time at all. This was a necessary part of our contingency plan because we felt that we needed as much warning as possible if we started to run into trouble and the way that things were we would never be able to place too much faith in the phone system being available when needed.

Also, as part of the plan, we had a duplicate set of books for all of our subsidiary companies that would stand up to the closest scrutiny by any officially appointed auditors. Phoney of course, but good.

Telepathy had its other uses, Jadixna and I could encourage or remonstrate with each other without the others knowing, not that we ever needed to remonstrate with each other. It also made the pleasures of the flesh even more enjoyable, after all how can you fake an orgasm when the other party could read your mind. It meant that we had learned to relax and enjoy the experience rather than trying too hard to please each other. As each of the others became more proficient we could feel the relationship between us growing stronger.

"Micha, I get this feeling that we will soon be under siege from the authorities. How do we stand legally?" It was at a family meeting on our large bed, five of us, naked, nothing to hide even if we wanted to. The situation had become so natural to us that we felt no discomfort.

"I've checked the latest dealings and they are all kosher. They can't touch us using the Companies Act." She was again stretched out with her head in my lap and her feet in Tony's. Jadixna was leaning with her head on my shoulder, her fingers idly brushing Micha's long dark hair.

"We had another visit from the telephone serviceman this morning." Margaret sat, legs crossed facing me. "He said that he had complaints from people who were trying to call us that they were unable to get through. He said that they had tested the lines at the exchange and there was no fault with any of the switching gear so that it must be at our end. He installed a new bug and left saying that the line seemed to be working fine now."

"I bet." Jadixna spoke up. "I wonder what was working perfectly, the line or the bug. I'll soon find out." She reached over and picked up the phone and dialled our office number. The dial tone came over loud and clear on the monitor. There was a click and the ringing tone followed by our recorded message announcing that the office was unattended. Following the beep that heralded the space for the caller to leave a message. Jadixna dialled a code number. This was followed by a loud buzzing noise and then silence. "The bug has been swatted."

"I wonder when they will stop trying."

"Probably never." Tony was running his fingers lightly over the soles of Micha's feet causing her to squirm most enjoyably for me, something that didn't pass un-noticed.

"I think we had better try to keep our minds on what is happening before we end up in the usual tangle of arms and legs." Jadixna was businesslike without a great deal of conviction.

My hand met Margaret's on Micha's left breast and our eyes and thoughts met. I saw the tip of her tongue appear between her lips as her hand slowly caressed the mound of flesh beneath it.

Micha moved her head, releasing my obvious interest. "I think that the meeting is closed." She pecked it on the head as her hand reached out and caressed Margaret's thigh. Tony's attention had drifted higher than Micha's feet and he bent forward to kiss the inside of her thigh.

Jadixna's hand found mine and pulled me to her. I went willingly. The business meeting was over, the family meeting was on in earnest. Jadixna and I were making slow passionate love aided by Margaret's gentle caressing. Tony and Micha were more energetic, but just as passionate. After many minutes that seemed like both seconds and hours. I left Jadixna for Margaret while Jadixna went to Micha's aid.

Some time later, after we had all recovered from our meeting and were gathered around the kitchen table drinking a pleasant Riesling, we resumed the business part of the meeting. "Our New York office has had a visit from the Securities and Exchange Committee as well as Internal Revenue, both of them looking for something to pin on us. They didn't have any luck, but I don't think that it will be the end of it."

"If only we could operate without an American office. If any one is paranoid about us, it would have to be the Yanks."

"We could always move to the Bahamas."

"That would be admitting to them that we had something to hide."

"Do any of our companies over there have any clout with the CIA?"

"Yes, but I'd rather that we didn't have to use it. I do not want to be in a position where they felt that we owed them a favour."

The discussion continued on for several minutes without resolution and eventually the meeting was formally closed. The others drifted off, Micha and Tony to the bedroom and Margaret left to go home to her family. Jadixna came round the table and sat on my lap, her arms snaking around my neck and her head buried under my chin. At last she looked at me. "I have some news for you that I wanted to save until we were alone. Darling I'm pregnant."

5

"Marvellous." My reaction was spontaneous and genuine and accompanied by similar reactions from the telepathic others, except for Micha, who's reaction of 'me too' came as just as much of a surprise as Jadixna's.

"What about you Margaret, are you pregnant too?"

"No way Jose."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. I've had my family and there is no way that I will start again. I'm too bloody old for that."

I could tell from her reaction that there was a touch of either jealousy or envy in her voice. "I can see that you will be much in demand over the next several months providing help and encouragement for these mothers-to-be. You are going to be more wanted than us mere mortal males."

"Thanks Boss darling."

The others came back into the room. There were hugs all round as we congratulated each other on the upcoming events. There was no ownership of the babies, they would become a part of the extended family.

Margaret sat next to me, her hand in mine. I could see that she was worried. "I have been thinking. I think that the family set up that you have here is as near to perfect as can be achieved. I would like to bring my son and move in with you."

"Welcome sister." I said it out loud but was shouted down by the thoughts of the others. Margaret kissed me with a feeling that she had not shown before. It was as if she was at last a real part of our family and not someone who was allowed to participate in some of the activities. It was cause for celebration so we sat around with the stereo playing softly in the background, lowering the level of several bottles of wine and generally growing closer together. It was a time of fullness.

Margaret eventually left to collect her son from school and bring him over so that we could meet him and him us.

We resumed our business discussion in her absence, dealing with several problems that didn't require input from Margaret. After which we sat around discussing our chequered pasts.

"I am," Micha began, "The product of a long line of successful lawyers. My father assumed that the line would be broken when my mother presented him with a daughter and promptly decided that she should have no more children. Father could never forgive Mother's lack of consideration and the marriage foundered in a sea of recrimination. Mother left to pursue a career of charitable works and television appearances, while father immersed himself in his self pity, his law practice, secretary and red wine. Not necessarily in that order. All of this steeled, me and drove me to prove to both parents that there was more to life for a woman than social chit chat and safe marriages. Prove it I did. Although the Legal profession was slow to concede that a woman who finished as Dux of the Law school would have any long term career at the bar. It was assumed by everyone, wrongly, that I would find some eligible young lawyer, marry him and retire prematurely to breed the next generation of legal practitioners."

"I set out to prove them wrong, much to the disgust of my father who had already decided that if he couldn't have a son in the profession he would have a son in law and a grandson. He completely overlooked the excellence of my passes and the critical acclaim that greeted the presentation of my Doctoral thesis on 'White collar crime and the inability of the Legal Profession to keep pace with the changing nature of organised crime.'"

"It was suggested that I should seek police protection from the criminals to whom I referred in the Thesis. I rejected this suggestion on the grounds that, as presented in the Thesis, I could never be totally sure that the protection I was offered would not in fact end up killing me."

"I have lived my life as normally as possible under the circumstances until I answered that ad that brought me to the consultancy that John here was working at the time. A happy coincidence."

"I come from a diametrically opposite background." Tony's voice was matter of fact as he spoke, but through it came a sense of pride in achievement that was also evident in Micha's voice. "I am the product of a 'working class' background. My father a car assembler and mother officially listed as 'home duties'. I worked hard through High School and University (Flinders) emerging at the end of sixteen years of continuous education naively thinking that the degree that my parents had carefully framed and mounted in a prominent position in the living room of their modest suburban home, would provide a ready entree into the World of commerce. Wrong. It lead instead to the marginally legal commodity broker who eventually moved from marginally legal to marginally illegal and left the country and many creditors behind him. Among the debts and broken promises that he left behind, he left me bitterly disillusioned and unemployed."

"From that inauspicious start to my career I resolved never to get involved in anything illegal. I studied the Companies Act to familiarise myself with all of its convolutions, and there are many, so that I would be aware of any breach and protect my position. Which leads me to what it is that you are doing. I know what your plans are but what I don't know is the reasons for those plans. I hope that I'm not overstepping my position by asking, 'who are you and what are you hoping to achieve?'."

"Well I guess that it is an appropriate time as any to fill you in on the whole story. Jadixna and I, they are our real names by the way, are from the year 2097. We are here to try and stop a war that will destroy most of civilised man."

"That explains something that has been bothering me, at least I think that it explains it, the walls of this cellar are like glass and appear to have been made of a material not currently known, how was this done?"

"By lasers. We used a high powered laser to cut the walls of these rooms from the solid rock. The process caused the silica in the rock to fuse leaving a glass like surface. The rock that was taken out was cut into blocks and used for the rest of the construction."

"How did you managed to get the work done without anyone asking embarrassing questions?"

"We used out of town labour and paid them well not to ask any questions."

"How did you get back in time?" Micha asked.

"In one of the tunnels leading from this room is a time machine that we used to travel from our time to this. Jadixna fixed it so that it can't be easily traced by the Security Police from our time."

"Why did you decide to come back and try to stop this war?"

"Life in the future is a far cry from what we are experiencing today. Everything is so clinical. Everyone is cloned from a person who was genetically engineered for a specific task. There is no communication between people out of an employment situation. Travel is better though. We have teleport machines to get from one place to another, although Jadixna and I don't need these as we are adept at teleporting without them. After our curiosity was aroused, the authorities started to make life difficult for us, so we decided to change things if at all possible."

1...45678...22