All Comments on 'Terrible Taste In Tees'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 421 Comments (Page 5)
chastenchastenover 10 years ago

For all that I know that this belongs in Loving Wives, part of me thinks Romance would have been better because there was never a doubt in my mind where it was going.

I enjoyed it a lot. Happy endings are good for a Sunday morning.

roadbirdroadbirdover 10 years ago
great

For once I am glad of the reconciliation Great story Thanks for a good read

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 10 years ago
My Holiday Wish . . .

. . . that I could vote twice. qhml1, your story deserves at least ten stars. I am a sucker for a romantic love story and this is as good as it gets. The only one I have read here on Lit that is its equal is Two Loves by Romantic1. There really isn't much to say; your story is perfect in every way.

I love the art reference as continuing theme, also the multiple loves intertwined. I know many are small minded and traditional about love and marriage but to me the mega marriage just fits and makes so much sense. Rory as part of the family fits too. Art, business, passion, relationships, children and pets - what more could a good love story ask for?

Good job.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Meh

I'm a fan of lengthy recon stories and of business subplots, but there was zero tension or doubt to the side story here (just straight up the ladder like it doesn't mean a thing), and the recon story was almost straight out of the template. Nothing new, nothing you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Outstanding! *****

I've tried to read all of your stories. But this may be tuition finest! It's just the opinion of an old worn down man. Maybe I've become to emotional in my old age. All I can say is "I was crying like a baby"! More please! willybeach44@yahoo.com

mikey_d52mikey_d52over 10 years ago
Excellent story

Enjoyed reading this story. I agree with harddaysknight that if you do a reconciliation it takes time. As Bree said at the end, she was young and immature. Being one of the beautiful people, she took whatever she wanted and forgot about everything else. As I said again, it was an excellent read and will be looking for more.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Super!!

Thanks for sharing a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I started off disliking it; but you totally won me over.

The characters are flaws and they all make mistakes. Nice to see the best friend wasnt banging the wife or the wife dissing the husband (despite the cheating).

A bit too clean of an ending; but well done nonetheless. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story!!

Very well written. Would love to see more like this.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
Prevailing wisdom on Lit is

if you want a successful reconciliation, it must take years and at least seven pages. It makes the acceptance better if the wife, and often the husband suffer greatly for many years. Look how much both of them lost by not communicating sooner and a lot better. The characters were all a bit unusual with no one I could identify with. I enjoyed the story, but it did not stir emotions up like the one from the other day about the ball game. The ending was simply too far fetched to consider as an ending to anything other than a fairy tale, or at least a romantic fantasy, which I enjoy as well.. Thanks for the hard work and the great writing. It is appreciated.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
For the Reader Who Likes the ' Happily Ever After ' Fade to Fuschia.

Not a great story, but for the most part a spritely, good time uber alles read. The cotton candy conclusion was a bit much. How can I, a dog lover , pan any story with an 80 pound mutt rescue ? Can't do it. Won't do it but I will abstain from voting.

Let the Carrie Underwood fans ,who misted up at ' Sound of Music' redux, happily assume the onus of giving qhml1 his umpteenth hot rating for this unabashedly cheesy but equally addictive effort.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Painfully Irrational

- He was married to a model (narcissist)

- They were nudists (kooks)

- He was rich, but she wanted her "career" so she wouldn't have kids (selfish, kook, narcissist)

- He was good looking, owned his own business, had lots of subordinates working for him, and he never cheated, but his wife was running around on him, playing model, and going nude whenever the mood struck her (unlikely)

- Given their lifestyles, her lack of interest in having children, her narcissistic profession why was it a surprise that she was fucking other people? Actually, it is a surprise that he wasn't doing the same thing. (plot flaw)

- The deal breaker should have come long before she started making her out of town fuck fest trips. (In their relationship, they were so far apart in life plans that should have caused a rift. In reality, they were simply using each other to fulfill their egos at the moment. Him overlooking her attitude was proof of his lack of real love for her and a desire to use her and eventually bend her to his will)

- Not too much sympathy for this husband in what is really more a male artist's fantasy about what a "good" person he is than a story about a cheating wife.

- This story does not really have ONE likable character in it! Indeed the are all fucked up people bent on nothing more than their own ego gratification!

byteme2ubyteme2uover 10 years ago
Great Story

Wondered where you have been. Another great story. Looking forward to your next one. Thank You, Byte

art1972art1972over 10 years ago
Tees

Thought this might be about golf. Great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you for a good reading

I even shed a tear or two, very well written.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 10 years ago
A magnificent tale

Thank you for creating such a wonderful story. I enjoy the stories that combine all of the elements into a solid story about people, warts and all. I've known the young airheads that have blossomed into wonderful women (I guess it's a by-product of surviving to my 50s), and you truly struck the nail on the head there. Then, I hated to be around them, now I hate to be far from them (alas, all to common a fate). Your story had a depth and feeling to it that I quite admire. Certainly a 5 and a Favorite as well.

snuffymachinistsnuffymachinistover 10 years ago
I am in awe!!

Story telling at its best thanks!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Welcome back

Just finished. Haven't read any comments. If any are negative, fuck'em. You're perfect in every way.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Another great story

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing. Easily worth 5 stars.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
I laughed, I cried, I wanted to slap that bitch silly...

... well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...