Tethered Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Closing his eyes for sleep was a nonverbal cue that she could relax her posture and rest. She stretched her strained muscles, tucked her feet beneath her in as comfortable a position as she could manage, and laid her head on the couch cushion, careful not to touch or stir him. She bit at her bottom lip to stay its quivering.

They lived in a harsh world, a world that had died but somehow gone on living as a vile, brutal skeleton of its former self. Everywhere was decay and rot, atrocity and hardship, meanness and abominations. It was a world of death and cruelties much worse than death. She lived with these things and more, day in, day out, with never a moment's respite. Yet, somehow, the worst cruelty she could imagine was being placed outside him. He was her anchor in this hell. He was her owner. He was her love. To be outside his strong embrace was a barbarity that feasted on her soul.

Pained stabbed at her chest like needles prodding her bones. Her breaths grew quick and urgent. She felt as alone as she had in the clearing today, and as scared. She balled her fists, nails embedding into her palms. She wanted to scream, wanted to jump into his arms and bury herself away. It was too much. How could he do this to her? She shouldn't have to...

His hand rested on her head. She drew in a sharp breath like a gasp. She calmed, not all at once, but slowly, incrementally, as if her body were skeptical of this rescue. After a few minutes, her heartbeat relaxed to an acceptable cadence, and sleep found her.

His hand was still there when she woke in the morning.