Texas IS Heaven 002

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was Friday and I was up early. John was still in bed as I loaded a bag of gear into the Crown Vic. I went into the garage and opened the hood of the Bronco and carefully unplugged one of the control modules from the engine. I knew that without that module installed, that vehicle wouldn't ever start. I quietly closed the hood and put the module in my pocket.

I waited around until John came into the kitchen. I knew he had been up very late watching movies. I also suspected that he had a bottle of whiskey in his room that was a big part of the way he looked that morning.

"Morning. I got to run some errands. I think we are pretty close to closing this thing out."

He turned from where he was pouring coffee and looked at me.

"Oh? Have you found out something new?"

"Not really. But she is a total creature of habit. I haven't been able to see anything stopping us from going ahead and cashing out this contract."

"What do you have to do today?"

"I need to pick up a few things, I'm out of deodorant.. Little things."

"How do you intend to handle this?"

"Next Friday, I intend to grab her as she leaves the dance studio. She lives alone, I haven't seen anyone else at that house. No one will expect her to be anywhere until she opens the dance studio on Monday. That allows us 2 full days to do what needs to be done and get clear of the scene."

"Where's it going to happen?"

"Not sure yet.. That's one of the things I intend to scope out today."

"Yeah?"

I held up a list of local real estate listings.

"Vacant houses, all on rural lots or locations. Anything that has been on the market for more than 90 days... Probably derelict and not what most people want. It might be weeks or months before she is found, tho'""

"That works, I guess."

'You coming?"

"No. Sounds like you will be driving around all day in the Crown Vic. If an emergency comes up, I can always use the Bronco."

"The keys are on the dresser in my room."

John nodded and I left. Little did he know.

&&&&

I checked my phone and it was nearly lunch. I knew that lunch time at the dance studio was quiet. I headed directly there but parked a block and half away on a side street and walked the rest of the distance. I walked in like I owned the place. The door had a chime on it that rang anytime it was open. That was convenient. I heard a female voice from the office behind the small reception desk.

"Just a minute."

I waited and watched the door. When she came through the door, I had to work to control my breathing. She was stunning. I did my best to smile cordially.

"May I help you."

"Are you Mrs. Stephanie Stamford?"

"Yes. But it's Miss. I am single."

MY brain cried hallelujah. My voice was quite different.

"My name is Preston Rossini. We need to talk."

Her eyes flew open, as did her mouth. She started to stammer, taking steps backward.

"Don't worry. I come in peace."

"Does my Dad know you are here?"

"No. He doesn't have a clue."

"How did you find out?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell it all about it sometime. Right now, I would just like to talk. Can we find a place to sit down? Can we lock the front door."

She looked at me a little apprehensively.

"It's fine. Leave it unlocked."

She nodded and motioned for me to come back to the small office. It had a desk, a desk chair, an armchair and some shelves. It was otherwise decorated with hundreds of photographs of little girls in cute costumes doing dance recitals. I looked around as I sat.

"Not quite the image I had of a drug dealing procurer for a human trafficking ring."

She blushed. I mean, she actually full on blushed.

"That was my dad's idea. He said he needed me to act the role. I guess I didn't do too good of a job."

I shrugged.

"It got me to Houston."

She took a deep breath.

"So what now. I guess my dad's scheme is busted."

I looked at her.

"Would you mind giving me the story he told you to get you to do this?"

"He said he was vetting a new business acquaintance. He needed to see how the guy would react to a certain proposal he was going to make. I'm not sure what kind of business, but I assumed it was something at the ranch."

"Do you know what your dad does besides raise cattle?"

"UMM.. I know he hosts some special kinds of hunts. He does a lot of charity work in that little town."

"I nodded."

She looked at me.

"I can tell from your accent, you aren't from Texas. What got you involved with my dad?"

"I'm from Chicago. We met accidentally while I was traveling down here a couple of months ago. I needed some help, and he was a good Samaritan."

"That's my dad. Always the helping hand to anybody."

"My family back in Chicago owns a big meat packing plant. I was down here looking at cattle. I was eager to know more about that end of the industry. Your dad invited me down to see how a real cattle operation operates."

It wasn't much of a lie. In fact, it's about half lie, half-truth.

"That too sounds like dad. He thinks more of those cows than he does most people."

"I came and have spent a few months at the ranch."

"That's what I can't figure out. Dad usually doesn't take to strangers right off."

"We have a connection. I am a retired SEAL."

'"OOOhhhhh.. That tells me a lot. So what sort of deal did he offer you that needed me to perform this little folly?"

I stopped a minute to consider how far to go with this.

"He asked me to do a hit on a woman who was a drug trafficking pimp for the mob."

"What the hell did he do that for?"

I took a deep breath.

"John let me know that he had a long career as a contract shooter. He told me he had worked for the mob, the CIA, the NSA and some foreign governments. I took him at his word."

He watched as she started to protest, but then saw wheels turning and things falling into place.

"That would explain a lot about after he got out of the Navy. You know that he was dishonorably discharged over an incident with a naval commander and some shady dealing with locals in Okinawa?"

"Nope. Never heard of it."

"He always claimed that it was trumped-up, but he didn't have all the evidence to support it. He lost his pension and all his benefits. It was a struggle. He barely had enough to get me and my mom home. It was a tough couple of years. He and my mom were both working as hard as they could, but with the DD on his record, most people wouldn't touch him.

Then, he told my mom he would be back in a couple of days. He left and was gone for more than a week. She was worried sick. Then he just reappeared. I don't know what happened or what he did, but he had the down payment for that ranch. We moved and never looked back.

I remember that he would be home for months without leaving the ranch. Then he would disappear and sometimes be gone for weeks. When he came home, he was always smiling and brought presents. I thought it was the cattle business. I guess I'm not so sure now."

I nodded.

"He told me he was looking for someone he could trust to step into his place. I think he meant the contract business. I'm not so sure about the cattle ranching business but it is a perfect cover. I didn't know he had a daughter at the time. It makes sense that you would inherit the ranch. I think he concocted this scheme to try me out."

"That sounds like something he would do as well. He was always conducting little tests to see how we would react to different situations."

I looked at her. Her eyes were clear and staring straight at me. I realized I hadn't seen either of her hands since she sat down at the desk.

"Would you mind putting that pistol away? I assume it is still pointing at me."

She gasped.

"How the hell did you know about that?"

She raised a small Smith and Wesson revolver from under the desk and laid it down. I looked and judged it was a.357 magnum. More than enough to get the job done through the thin veneer of the back of the desk.

"Thanks. It makes sense that he had taught you more than just how to ride. Shooting seemed like a natural thing. A SEAL with one daughter would make sure she knew how to take care of herself."

She grinned.

"Daddy said, be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"General Mattis."

She grinned back.

"What are you here to do? Confront Daddy?"

"I was thinking more of giving him back, a little of his own. If, that is, you are willing to play along."

She looked at me carefully.

"You aren't going to hurt him, are you?"

"Oh hell no. In the four or five months I have been here, he has been more of a Dad to me than my biological father ever was. I almost love the gnarly old bastard.. Oh... Excuse me."

"You hit that on the head. He is an old bastard. What did you have in mind? Let me hear a bit of it and then I'll decide."

"I laid out my plan. Her smile grew broader and broader as I talked. Finally, she held up a hand.

"Ok. I'm in. This should be worth whatever time and expense it takes. Where do we go from here?"

I told her about the preparations I had made. I explained that I had disabled the Bronco, so he would have to find a ride. I told her my plan was to go to one of the nearly abandoned properties I had found and stage the outcome of the contract. I wanted him to walk in just as I was to deliver the coup de gras. She was chuckling and then got sober.

"You gotta be careful. He has a temper and if he thinks you have actually hurt his little girl, you may be in for more than you counted on."

"I thought of that. Every weapon he brought with him is disabled in such a way that he can't tell it without stripping it down to components. So no threats from those. He carries several knives, but I might get a chance to get a word in and if you get a word in me might take the edge off any situation that develops."

"Better than that. Let him find me when you aren't there, and after I let him stew a little, I'll spill the beans. You can come in when he has settled a little."

I raised my eyebrows.

"I like that."

"We also need to go by my house, so I can get a few things. Let me pack up some stuff here and we can go. I assume you want me to leave the corvette here."

"That would be best."

She grinned.

"Stay here. I'll be back in a few minutes."

She got up and hustled around the desk and out the door. I watched enthralled as she left. Those legs and that behind were a mouthwatering vision.

It was a little over a quarter-hour before she showed back up at the office door. She had a duffle bag and her purse.

"You ready?"

"Yep."

She looked at me.

"You are starting to sound like a Texan."

We walked to the Crown Vic and got in. She looked around.

"This is a nice ride."

"It does its job."

I started the car and headed toward her house. I pulled into the driveway and she hopped out. I sat behind the wheel. She stopped and turned around.

"Aren't you coming in."

"I didn't know I was invited."

She rolled her eyes.

"Good God. Get your ass out of the car and come in. It may take me a few minutes. You might as well have a beer."

As we walked to the house, I looked around the gardens and the backyard. There was a pool.

"Nice place for a dance instructor."

"Daddy gave it to me on my 30th Birthday. I think he hoped I would settle down, get married and raise a family."

"No prospects."

"Plenty of prospects. All culls. You do know what a cull is."

"Yeah. The calf that isn't fit to feed and raise."

"Exactly."

Once inside the house, she opened the refrigerator and tossed me a tall, long neck bottle of Shiner beer. She took one out for herself.

"You have this pretty well-thought-out."

"I try."

"Why go to all the trouble of going to some derelict shack out in the sticks. Why wouldn't you have just come here and done what you intended. You obviously know I live alone. I don't have many friends."

"That's a point."

"We should go get the 'vette and bring it home. We can put it in the garage. There is room for that heap of yours as well. At least it is comfortable and has a full fridge"

I thought about that. I did make sense. I looked at her.

"You think outside the box."

"I try."

'Ok. Let's go get the 'vette and come back. Then we can start working on the next step of this little surprise party. By the way, does your dad have a key to this place?"

"Hell yes. And the security guards know him on sight."

"Figures."

In an hour, we were back at her house. She puttered around the kitchen and I asked her what she was doing.

"I figure once you contact my dad with whatever excuse you have doing this without him, he is going to bust a nut trying to get to wherever you are. Meanwhile, we need to eat. You like chili?"

"Sure."

I sat down at the kitchen island and watched her move around the kitchen. There was a single thing she did that wasn't graceful, sexy, and attractive. I couldn't figure out why the hell she wasn't married yet, unless her old man had something to do with that.

"I'm gonna text your old man that I have you and will let him know later when I am done. That should heat up his jets."

"What exactly were you supposed to do with this drug dealing slut?"

I looked at her. She had a mouth like a sailor. Not surprising I suppose given her raising."

"According to the contract, we were to torture, rape, and then kill the target, leaving her in a way that it would point to a vengeance hit by another US mob."

"Ah. Who was your client?"

"Some South American cartel that you double-crossed on a drug deal."

"My dad always had a penchant for tall tales. What then."

I figure it will take him a couple of hours to figure out how to get a ride. Sometime in that period I will send him this address which he will recognize. I figure it will take about 15 minutes for him to arrive."

"Probably. You're just gonna let him come in and find me sitting in the living room waiting."

"That was my thought."

"She tossed the bag she had brought from the dance studio onto the counter."

"Theatrical makeup. I use it with the kids when we do recitals. They love it."

"Yeah, so."

"I learned a little about stage makeup when I was in New York. I did about two weeks as the third backup dancer in an off Broadway production of Dracula. I learned a lot from the makeup guy."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. If you want to really get to my dad, let me do a little work, and then I'll give you some more suggestions."

"Ok."

"Let's eat. Then you can call my dad, which should allow me just enough time to get myself sorted out. I can tell you my ideas as we eat."

When she had said chili, I was thinking of the Chili they put on hotdogs at Wrigley Field. What she served me was lava fresh from the bowels of the earth. I took my first bite, and it felt like my mouth was going to burst into flames. She laughed and got up and brought me a glass of milk. I drank the whole thing in one gulp and then gasped at her in a raw hoarse whisper.

"What the fuck was that."

"That is Texas Red Chili. Good isn't it."

"It's toxic. God. My mouth is still burning."

"Relax. You get used to it. Drink a beer. Eat some crackers. You haven't felt anything yet. Give it a few hours, and you will understand what I'm talking about."

I sat back down, tears in my eyes. My nose was running. I could hardly still breath. I took another tentative bite with a saltine cracker. True to her word, the second wasn't as bad as the first. It only took the top layer of skin off my tongue.

12