Thank God for Irish Women Ch. 13 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Emily and I strolled around to visit with the guests before our first dance. We had learned a swing dance from Clint and Jodi. It was a lively number that everyone seemed to enjoy. David and Emily danced to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World," receiving many cheers. I danced with Mom to her favorite song, "Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan.

Dinner was served, and it featured different meats and poultry such as rack of lamb, prime rib, and roasted chicken. The fish was grilled red snapper. The feast was a hit.

Before the dance floor opened, Shannon came out in an elaborate Irish dance costume and joined the band on their stage. She put on a great show for everyone. We were shocked at the speed of her dance steps while her back remained ramrod straight. River Dance had nothing on her and the crowd roared their appreciation of her talent. Matt Stedman told our guests she was the best Irish dancer he'd ever seen. We later saw at least six or seven young men competing for her attention.

Brandon found two cute young ladies who were enamored by his good looks and Irish accent. He and the girls went missing for a good while, but showed up later with pieces of hay on his clothes. I'm sure the girls' hospitality was memorable.

The bouquet was caught by Debbie and the garter by our pastor's son, Lee, after an exciting scramble. After cutting the cake and visiting with friends a while longer, Emily and I walked to my parents' bedroom to change. We were a little amorous, so it took longer than it should have to shower and dress. Yes, we did shower together.

Once in our traveling clothes, we rejoined the party and gave our thanks to the band, the DJ, and the caterer and bid our families and guests farewell. The limo rushed us to the airport, and we left for Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands after stopping for the night in Atlanta. That was a trip of a lifetime for us.

Emily immediately returned to Stanford following our honeymoon, and I returned to the development lab.

****

In early January 2012, Ron came to my office and closed the door.

"Matt, we have an opportunity I'd like you to consider. We've just signed a contract with Lockheed Martin to co-develop new technology for the next generation of stealth fighters. We need an outstanding electrical engineer to be on that team. It's a three-year project, but the job is in Atlanta. Is there any way you would consider moving there?"

"Ron, I would but I don't know about Emily. Can you let me talk to her tonight and give you an answer tomorrow?"

"Sure. Tomorrow is fine."

She was much later getting home than I expected. I thought it must have been the traffic. That night, following dinner, we sat and talked as usual. I described the conversation with Ron, fully expecting that she would never agree to return to Atlanta. After explaining all the details and why I was interested, she asked,

"When do we leave?"

"Are you serious? You're willing to consider it?"

"Were you asleep when I said my vows? I'll go anywhere with you. Just tell me when to start packing."

"What about all your friends here?"

"They're not my husband. They will always be my friends and are just a plane trip away. Matt, your love is the reason I'm alive. God brought us together, and I vowed I'd never leave you. I can transfer to Georgia Tech as time allows, and we can run the Foundation from there."

"I didn't think you'd be willing to go after what happened."

"What happened changed our lives and is changing the lives of hundreds of people we're able to help. Atlanta was where one tragic love story ended, and a great authentic one began. I love you unconditionally with all my heart, Matthew; we're going to Atlanta together."

She grinned. "The reason I was late tonight is that I saw a doctor and now there are two of us fully committed to you."

It took a moment for me to process that. "You're pregnant!" I exclaimed almost in a whisper as chills shot through me.

"You're going to be a great dad," Emily replied.

****

As I wrapped up this story on a brilliant Atlanta Saturday afternoon in December 2012, Emily and Shannon were out working on a project. Shannon had been here attending Georgia Tech since September. She was elected to the board of the Cathleen Foundation and was experiencing the pleasure that comes from helping others. She often stayed with us on weekends and loved to babysit. She had two delightful roommates, one from Germany and the other from Canada. Already, Shannon had found five projects, including two homeless families, that the Foundation assisted.

Our daughter, Cathleen Ryan-Anderson, made her expectations known for at least the tenth time that day. I left my study and walked down the hall, past the bathroom with Emily's bidet, to Cath's room. As I walked to her bed, I passed the child's table and chairs set perfectly with the plastic tea service, awaiting the day that Emily would teach her about both tea and life.

Her amazing bright eyes stared intently at me as I broke the tapes on her dirty diaper. I carefully wiped her tiny bottom, gently washed and dried her and dusted on the sweet smelling powder. Just as I opened the new diaper and slid it under her clean little bottom, she peed on my hand. Cath flashed me that same devious grin of her mom's. I leaned over and kissed her tiny forehead and mumbled, "Thank God for Irish women... sometimes."

The End