That Friend from College Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mhmm, I will, yes," Alli told him. Pete exhaled in relief. "It's a beautiful ring, Pete." She picked it up, looking at it more closely.

"I had hoped I'd be able to put it on your finger, but that would be kind of difficult at the moment," he tried to make light of the situation. Alli smiled a half-smile.

"Yeah," she carefully placed the ring back inside the box. "Hold onto it for me for now."

"I will." Pete closed the box in his hand, standing up from the floor and moving back into the chair that he had been sitting in next to the bed.

"This is awesome, you guys, congratulations!" The doctor beamed a huge smile at them. "I've never witnessed an engagement in the ER before. This is really cool." They smiled at him. "Let me get you all sutured up and x-rayed so that you guys can be on your way."

Alli had six stitches and two non-displaced fractures in her ring and pinky fingers. She left the ER bandaged, with her fingers in splints, looking absolutely exhausted. They went out to a diner to get some food before heading back to the campsite. Alli took a picture of her hand with her phone after they ordered food and sat waiting for it to arrive.

"Who are you sending that to?" Pete asked her.

"Dotty and Leah," Alli told him without looking up.

"Ugh," he picked up his hat off his head by its peak, rubbing his hand through his hair. "I hate this. You should have been sending them pics of the ring on your finger, not the stupid splints."

"Well, give me the ring," she looked up at his face, her eyes twinkling. He pulled it out of his pocket, setting the box in front of her. Alli opened the box and took out the ring, placing it carefully on top of the splint of her left ring finger. She took another photo, then carefully replaced the ring back in the box. "There," she turned her phone to show him the message she had sent. The caption on the picture read simply 'So this just happened.' He smirked.

It was over two months before he was able to place the ring on Alli's finger properly, but they were engaged and already planning their wedding for the following Spring.

12