The Adventurer Pt. 05

Story Info
Plots within and without.
12.8k words
4.69
2k
1
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/10/2023
Created 02/18/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This is Freywind Hamlet, our home. I'll bring you to see the others, Fatimah," I said. Fatimah obediently nodded.

We convened a meeting in the dining room. It was lunch as well. "Greetings. I am Fatimah," she said to everyone in a sweet, melodic voice. "I hope we can get along."

"Monica," Monica said, smiling. "Nice to meet you."

"Ariel," the elf continued while still eating (or drinking? truly a debate for great scholars) her soup.

"I'm Ursa," the orc continued. "Welcome to the household." Both Ursa and Ariel were clearly somewhat suspicious.

After the lunch, I toured Fatimah around the Freywind Hamlet. "This is the main building," I said. "I'll take you to your bedroom."

I gave Fatimah the key to her bedroom. "It's yours now. Take care of it well," I said.

"Thank you, Master. You're too generous. So all your slaves have a bedroom here, Master?" I nodded.

There was a lingering sense of dishonesty behind her words. Something just felt wrong. "Next, here's our storage room. Food, supplies, weapons, gold, and other things."

What I did not say was that there was a secret trapdoor that led to a hidden treasury.

"This is our orgy room."

"Orgy room?" Fatimah mused.

"Yes. The purpose of this room is obvious."

"Here's the office. Well, Monica works here, sorting out finances and things like that. You don't have any business to be here. Neither do I, frankly."

"And then, there's my pavilion tent. I expect you to pay me a visit after dinner." The implications of my words were obvious.

"Certainly, Master."

"Do you have any questions or requests?"

"May I know my tasks, Master?"

"Hmm. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful entertainer, Fatimah. And you can help Monica with household chores."

"Understood, Master. If I may?"

"Yes?"

"May I request parchments? I am a singer as well and I like to write my own songs."

"Sure. Ask Monica for it. Anything else? If not, you can rest in your bedroom."

"Thank you, Master."

Fatimah went to her bedroom. Monica, Ariel, and Ursa were still in the dining room. It was time for lunch, round two: wild speculation.

"I find Fatimah very suspicious," Monica opined. "In the first place, Ronald is primarily a silk merchant. Why would he give you a slave? It doesn't make sense."

"Silk can't spy on people. Slaves-or spies disguised as slaves-can," Ariel said.

"I agree there seems to be something going on, but what could be the motive?" Ursa asked.

"Yes, I doubt she's here to steal. Ronald is far richer than us," I said.

"Wrong, Master," Ariel said. "You do have one extremely valuable possession. A fully docile, completely subservient orc female."

Ursa....

"So you're thinking she's here to kidnap me somehow," Ursa said.

"Kidnap you and then sell you," Ariel added. "Not single-handedly, of course. Looking at her, she could die if you sneeze on her too strongly."

"All of this is just baseless theories for now," I said, ending the talk. "Put her under watch but remain friendly. Monica, assign her household chores-also, she asked for some parchment."

"I'm on it, Master."

After dinner, Fatimah headed my summons. The enchanting beauty was wearing little clothing. "Shall I dance, Master?"

"Sure."

She presented an alluring dance, making full use of her flexible body. At times she was a graceful dancer, each move a calculated and beautiful art, while at times she twerked lustfully like a back-alley whore. I didn't even realize her opening my trousers. "Go ahead, Fatimah," I said. "Show me what you can do."

Fatimah lowered herself carefully, her moist pussy hovering just above my erect cock. She moaned when my cock finally entered her cunt. It wasn't the tightest, but her skill more than made up for it. I gripped her ass and shoved my cock from below.

"You really are quite experienced, aren't you?" I asked as we engaged in this lustful dance.

"Indeed, Master," she said calmly. Compared to Monica, Ariel, and Ursa's expressiveness and dirty talk, Fatimah was rather cold. Aside from small moans, it felt like sex between a prostitute and a client.

Fatimah ejaculated first, her body spasming lightly. "How do you want to finish, Master?" she asked, correctly guessing that I was near my own.

"Finish me with your hand and swallow it," I commanded. Obediently, Fatimah got off me. She stroked my cock with her soft hands. It didn't take long for me to ejaculate in her open mouth.

"Do you wish for any more service, Master?"

"No, Fatimah. You are dismissed. But call Ursa here."

"Certainly, Master."

I sighed. That was the most passionless sex I've ever had since becoming an Adventurer.

I slept with Ursa that night. The massive bed in the tent was just barely big enough for both of us. It wasn't rare that I slept with one of the women in my pavilion tent. When I woke up, they'd perform a signature service of theirs.

"The usual, Master?" Ursa teased, smiling.

"Of course, Ursa."

The orc slut diligently licked my cock before her mouth and tongue pleased it. Monica was proud of her titjobs; Ariel's footjobs had no equal; but Ursa, with her tusks, surprisingly offered the best fellatio. I was enjoying my morning blowjob when Monica barged in. "Master!" she half-shouted, obviously in panic.

"What is it, Monica?" I asked lazily. My body was loath to abandon the bed.

"We got this letter in the morning... you've been called to attend a royal court hearing! They're accusing you of using black magic!"

I sprung from the bed. "What the fuck?" I cursed. Ursa immediately stopped the blowjob.

"That... that is not good," she said. "Right?"

Ariel and Fatimah came running. "What happened?" Ariel asked. Monica explained the situation to them.

"I need to go to the Adventurer's Guild," I said. "I'll ask for their advice."

"Good plan, Master," Monica said. "I'll prepare right away!"

A few moments later, I was in the Adventurer's Guild. "Darryl!" Dolores called out sharply. "I know why you're here. Let's go to the office. The Guildmaster and others are waiting." In the office, an emergency meeting between Guildmaster Erika, Alexis, Erich, Dolores, and I commenced.

"Fuck, what is this bullshit?" Alexis slammed the desk. "I risked my life against the most powerful drow witch in existence and this is what I get?"

"Calm down, Alexis," Guildmaster Erika said. "We anticipated this. Darryl, what does your letter say? What are you called for?"

"Using black magic," I replied.

"Alright, that one's easier to handle. We just say it's an emergency," Dolores said. "Alexis' case... is much, much worse."

"What? Insulting the king? I didn't even realize that was a crime!" Alexis barked.

"I'll have some contacts look into it, I think there could be a loophole or two," Guildmaster Erika said. "The trial is in a week... assuming two days for journey and one for good measure, we have four days. Prepare yourselves. This might well be the beginning of our greatest challenge."

"We're taking the airship?" Dolores asked, the answer to which was an affirmative nod.

Alexis clicked her tongue. "No, Alexis, we can't solve this by bonking the king in the head," Guildmaster Erika added. "Alright, everyone's dismissed."

After I returned to Freywind Hamlet, I gathered everyone and explained the situation. "There might be a chance I'll be imprisoned or even executed," I said grimly.

"We can't allow that!" Ariel roared.

"If it ever gets to that, I'll kill the executioner myself!" Ursa declared.

"If it ever gets to that...."

I began quietly writing my last will. "Master, you're releasing us?" Monica asked.

I nodded. "Go on and live your lives if I die or get imprisoned," I said. I looked at Ursa, specifically. "That's an order."

They couldn't speak. I couldn't either. And time passed so swiftly. I hugged all of them one by one.

"It's been a pleasure, Monica," I said.

"Likewise, Master," Monica replied. She looked resigned.

"I'm sorry I can't help you anymore, Ariel."

Ariel couldn't muster a response. Only tears.

"Ursa... keep on living for me, wouldn't you?" Ursa nodded.

"Please take this, Master," Ursa requested. She handed me a medallion made of white gold. "It's my lucky charm. It will protect you."

"I understand. Thank you, Ursa," I said. "And Fatimah. It is a shame we cannot even know each other well."

"Indeed, Master."

"Alright, stop it with this crybaby talk. If that brat king does anything to us, I'll beat up his head with this stick," Alexis said, her oversized staff in hand. Guildmaster Erika and her had been waiting for me.

For some reason, Alexis the mad woman made me feel calm. "Good bye, I hope we meet again!" I said as I entered the airship. The Blackfire Eye ­; probably the most blatant, unsubtle name in the history of names, given that Alexis wielded blackfire and Erika only had one eye.

"How on earth did you build this airship?" I asked Alexis.

"Erika and I might have some spies in Stygia," Alexis said grinning. "Said hypothetical spies might have brought some blueprints of their airships. Oh, and money. Tons and tons of money. I'm broke, Darryl, I might need to stay in your home for a month or two."

"We split the cost. It was money well spent," Guildmaster Erika said. "This is the only airship in Revallia and one of only seven in the whole world."

"Is this some kind of intimidation tactic?" I asked.

"Naturally," Guildmaster Erika replied.

"So how is this trial going to go?"

"Interestingly, the King is not the judge this time, unlike most royal courts. Instead, the ten Dukes will be the judge. So we'll just have to convince them. Of course, most other nobles will attend as well. There will be two parts of the court: one for you, one for Alexis."

"So I'll go first?" I asked.

"Yes, Darryl, the smaller fish gets to be fried first," Alexis joked.

The Blackfire Eye landed near Revallia City, which was also rebuilt after the Second Sylvan War. We exited the airship. An uncomfortable air still hung over the city. And why wouldn't it? Husbands watched their wives had sex with their sons while they werre making love to their daughters. Abstinent nuns and priests gave in to lust. The soldiers who were supposed to protect succumbed.

Thank goodness the children were spared was the only positive thought I could muster about that incident.

The night in our rented inn (Alexis rented the entire inn; so much about not having money) was quiet. The next day, we headed to the Imperial Palace. "Alright, good luck," Alexis said. It was my trial.

"Defendant Adventurer Darryl! Defender Guildmaster Erika! Take your seats."

Admiral Jervis, one of the king's courtiers, served as the master of court. Mostly he just announced stuff. "Your Majesty King Verence IV of Revallia, please present your case!"

"Thank you, Admiral. My case is very simple. The defendant has used lust magic--a type of black magic--in the Imperial Palace itself. As witness I call forth my cousins Lady Tina and Lady Mita, and my uncle Count Benko."

Those three affirmed that statement.

"What does the defendant and the defender have to say?" Admiral Jervis asked.

"Simply that utilization of black magic is not illegal, especially in life-threatening or otherwise dire situations," Guildmaster Erika said calmly. "And also that Adventurers are allowed to study and utilize black magic, regardless of the situation." Thank goodness Guildmaster Erika--not ­ Alexis--was there to help me; the latter would probably hurl half a dozen insults by now.

"Can you explain the situation?"

I went on a ten-minute explanation of my rescue of the royal family during the Battle (it really wasn't one) of Revallia City. After I was done, Admiral Jervis asked the Dukes for their opinion. "The defendant should be acquitted. It would be outrageous to punish him over using this magic, especially since he used it to save His Majesty's life," Duke Oakwood offered.

"I concur," Duke Cornwallis said shortly.

Most of the Dukes murmurred indecisively, but a few quietly supported Duke Oakwood. "I agree, but I think we should ask where the defendant learns lust magic from?" Duchess Amberwood asked.

"Lady Alaya von Schauffenberg," Guildmaster Erika said.

Even more indecisive murmurs followed. "Are there any more questions?" Admiral Jervis asked. The answer was a collective silence. "In that case, let the voting begin."

"Wait, voting?" I muttered to Guildmaster Erika.

"Yes, that's how royal trials work," she said with disdain in her voice, her teeth gritted. "This one will decide whether you're innocent or guilty."

I could easily think of many ways this could go wrong. Bribery. Familial ties. Trying to curry favour with the King. I closed my eyes; my fate was in the hands of ten people I didn't know.

The results were out. Three voted for my innocence, seven were neutral. I sighed a big breath of relief. The court was adjourned. "I survived," I muttered. Guildmaster Erika nodded solemnly.

The night was rather sleepless. The next day was Alexis' trial. This time, the air felt much more oppressive and stuffed. It didn't help that Alexis looked like she would kill everyone present. I was brought in as a potential witness.

The first charge--usage of black magic--was metaphorically slammed into the ground and stomped by Guildmaster Erika, who practically copy pasted her defence of me yesterday.

The second charge--"contempt of royalty"--was far, far more tenacious.

"The defendant called the King a 'moron', I think it says it all!" one Duke Thompson argued.

"It was perhaps harsh, but the defendant was merely attempting to make a point," Duke Cornwallis calmly said.

This back-and-forth exchange continued for hours without end. It looked like the nobility was split almost evenly, but the neutrality of the Mages Guild and the backing of the Church for the King meant that the odds were slightly against our favor.

Ancient royal laws were invoked and fought off. The Dukes (even the old and frail Duchess Willow) took turns bringing out their impassioned speeches. Guildmaster Erika delivered defences stronger than her actual, magical barrier. At last, the King declared, "in that case, let us settle this with a formal duel!"

What?

The two strongest battle mages in the entire kingdom and he wants to duel them, seriously?

A grin broke out on Alexis' face. "Very well then, Your Majesty," Guildmaster Erika said. "I'll be Alexis' champion. Pick yours, or will you face me yourself?"

"Wait, you're--"

"Yes," she cut off Alexis.

"High Priestess of the Holy Church, Saint Andra!"

High Priestess Andra was the de facto leader of the entire Church. She was a black-haired woman in her late thirties or so. She donned a regal white cloak and a golden staff. "You'd think they would drop the 'Saint' title after what happened to... who was that again? The one who barged into our Guild?" Alexis asked.

"Tiara?"

"Yeah."

"Has she recovered or anything?" I asked.

"Nope. She's no longer in coma but she's a bit insane now," Alexis said.

In a grassy field some half an hour away from Revallia City, the duel was set up. People of Revallia City, nearby villagers, a host of Church devotees, almost every single significant noble, representatives of the Mage's Guild and the Slaver's Guild and half a dozen Adventurers spectated. A great magical dome was erected.

"Are you ready?" Saint Andra asked. She was brimming with light (literally!) with a halo hovering atop her head.

"Sure, go ahead," Guildmaster Erika responded.

A great beam of light shot out of Saint Andra's staff. Guildmaster Erika stood motionless as the beam headed at her. A second later, she still stood there unharmed. "Flashy, isn't it?" Alexis commented. "But it'll take much more than that to break Erika. I'd know."

"Have you ever actually fought her?" I asked.

"Of course--a couple training fights," she said. This farce continued for some time--the Saint hurled everything but the kitchen sink at Guildmaster Erika, who didn't even bother moving an inch. What insane shields!

"I told you I fear no one," Alexis chuckled. "That's not exactly the truth. Look at that, how'd you get past her defence?" The Saint began to show signs of frustration, walking in circles without any direction.

"Come on, why aren't you attacking?" Saint Andra taunted.

"Very well then."

Glowing marks appeared on Guildmaster Erika's left arm. A burst of divine energy shot out from her hand, blasting the Saint point blank. "Is that... did she copy the Saint's spell?" I whispered.

"Bingo," Alexis whispered back.

As the Saint was sent reeling, Guildmaster Erika took off her eyepatch, revealing the legendary eye of medusa, shining green. The Saint was frozen in place. Her opponent fired another divine beam, knocking her out cold.

The ground rumbled. The dome cracked. Alexis and I drew our weapons. "What is going on?" I asked.

"Do I look like I know?" Alexis grumbled.

From the sky descended a tall woman. Clad in golden cloak and shining with divine brightness, she came well-armed with a golden sword. "G-Goddess!" one priest shouted in shock.

The clergymen bowed down together. What?

"Alexis, are they... serious? That's the Goddess Aura? She's real?"

What just happened?

Goddess Aura (that was but one of her many names) was the main deity worshipped by Revallia's Church. To her followers--and to Revallia, quite frankly--she was simply "the Goddess".

"Rest now, my child," she said in a melodic voice, cradling the unconscious Saint and handing her over to the priests. "I will take your place."

Alexis stepped forward, swirling her staff. "If the other side's allowed to change champions, our side should be as well!" she said. "Come on then, Goddess. Let's see what you're made of." It wasn't hard to see the rage of the devotees.

Guildmaster Erika raised her brow but stepped aside. "Your arrogance is telling of your psyche. You are rotten," the Goddess claimed before unleashing a truly massive beam of light at Alexis.

Alexis twirled her staff again, creating a black hole that consumed the light. "Your reading of my psyche sucks ass!" Alexis taunted before bathing the Goddess in black fire. Her staff morphed into the Queensblade and the two quickly closed in on one another.

Brutal close combat followed; the Goddess proved enough of a match for the the Queensblade and its wielder until Alexis slashed her foe's face, drawing silver blood. Alexis flicked her fingers and the blood exploded. The Goddess' face was burnt.

The two broke away, carefully circling each other. Alexis was wearing her mocking grin.

Screams broke out. "Cambions!" Guildmaster Erika yelled.

The cultists-turned-half-demons charged by the hundreds on all sides. Fighting broke out quickly. Cambions rushed us with an unfathomable craze. Guildmaster Erika and I, with our backs against each other, held our ground. Goddess Aura and Alexis had set aside their duel.

The cambions looked almost feral, charging on all fours like dogs. And so like dogs they were slaughtered by Guildmaster Erika's squashing shields. "Strangely easy, isn't it?" I wondered as I swung my blade, decapitating a cambion in half. This must be the most disorganized mob I had seen (the lynching ones tend to be more organized).

"Careful about your words," Guildmaster Erika said whilst casually slamming two cambions onto the ground. "Though, well, these seem to be chaff. Even regular villagers could probably beat them."

The chaotic fighting began to die down half an hour later as forces from Revallia City arrived. True to Guildmaster Erika's word, once reinforcements arrived, the cambions were destroyed en masse. It was a victory, yet....