The Adventures of Tim Bodge Ch. 16: Pt. 01

Story Info
We have had the MTS working to and from Tabitha’s ship. Now.
5.2k words
4.71
6.2k
10
Story does not have any tags

Part 20 of the 74 part series

Updated 11/22/2023
Created 09/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 16 Part 1

The next to stand was Fafaw. "Everyone knows we have had the MTS working to and from Tabitha's ship. Now it has worked to and from her homeworld. But now we have a shuttlecraft with the MTS in it." He said. "We are starting to add three more to the fleet; once all are online, we will be able to deliver all the soldiers and their supplies very quickly."

Tawni stood back up, and Fafaw sat down. "I have a couple of other things to bring to the board's attention; we have also changed the weapons each individual will carry; they will be carrying an AR185. These are the standard weapons, and the only difference will be our bullets have nano-bots in them." She heard groan sounds that came from some of the individuals. "Now, hold on a minute; we have fixed the nano-bots to work differently. These nano-bots activate on impact, and they will only be active for fifteen seconds. In that fifteen seconds, they will eat through anything they touch." Said Tawni.

"What would happen if someone picked up one of our weapons and fired it at us?" asked Ditin.

"Good question, the nano-bots in our uniforms are programmed to attack any other nano-bots; since the uniforms nano-bots have a power supply, they are more robust. They will multiply faster with a power supply, and remember that the bullets nano-bots are programmed to die in fifteen seconds. Does that answer your question?" Tawni asked.

"Yes, for now. When the shields are up, on the new uniforms, how long will they last since they need power?" asked Ditin.

"You are coming up with the right questions. The shields will last for one hour, and then the power source will have to be recharged. But remember, with us having MTS on-site, we can rotate our people. Once that member is back to the ship or whichever, all we have to do is replace the power pack and put them back in business."

"Now, each member of our crew will be armed with our newest handheld weapon, and it is an Amplified Laser Weapon or ALW. This weapon will be smaller and lighter than the handgun we now use. It is a self-defense weapon, so it is designed to kill." Said Tawni.

"Does anyone have any questions for these two?" asked Tim. "Sarha, how soon will you have uniforms for the defense forces?"

"Those uniforms will be ready within the next day, now. Do you want the whole ship to have uniforms?"

"That's an excellent question; how does everyone feel about that?"

"Tim, please remember that there are small children here also; Trying to keep them in a uniform will be hard. Also, some of the teenagers would be a problem." Said Thaito.

"You're right; let's do it this way; defense force members, crew members, and the board members will be in uniform all the time; that they are on duty. But uniforms will be handed out to everyone. Whenever we go into a red alert, everyone must be in uniform for their protection."

"Fafaw, I have a question. Could your MTS shuttlecraft be used during a boarding party?" asked Tim.

"Yes, the MTS sets back further into the modified shuttlecraft's bay. The shuttle would dock the same as before; once docked, the individuals could exit the MTS and straight into the other ship."

"I think instead of three MTS shuttlers, you may want to make five more." Said Tim. "Also, does the shuttle have a shield?"

"Yes, it uses the same shields that this ship does. It will hold for three hours on the ground."

***

Tim sat in the lounge as he took a break. He thought about the meeting. 'It seems that everything was going along fine.'

Tabitha walked into the lounge and over to Tim, "Tim, I have talked to my father; he has said, if you need more soldiers, he could send a ship this way."

Tim sat in his seat, "Tabitha, we have been using the MTS for a few days now. Have there been any problems?"

"None that I know of, why?"

"How would you like to take a trip back home, per the MTS?"

"For real, I'd like that, but do you think it would be safe?"

"Tim, we had an emergency call that came in. They are asking for help. It seems that the aliens that you called Red Ant are now attacking another cruise liner."

"How far away are they?"

"I calculate about two hours, and we should be there."

"Call an emergency meeting now. Also, send out a red alert." Tim said. Tim got up and headed to the meeting room on deck two. Tabitha was right behind him. "Tabitha, I will need you to make that MTS trip. Ask your father for about 50 soldiers. Let me know what he says, and if so, how soon?"

Tabitha said, "I will call you as soon as I get there and ask." She turned away from Tim and moved at a quick pace towards the MTS. Telling Sarha what she wanted, and please have it ready to go.

"The MTS was already sat up and waiting for you." Replied Sarha.

Tim entered the meeting room; a few of the members were already there. He took his seat, and the rest came walking into the room. All took their seats, knowing it was an emergency. "The Alien Red Ant has attacked another ship. We are on our way; hopefully, we will be on time."

"Tim, what do you want us to do?" asked Pauline.

"I've sent Tabitha back to see her father about sending 50 soldiers to us. So now we have less than two hours to work out a plan. We need to capture the ship before it can leave. Remove all the prisoners to safety. Clear out the other cruise ship and make sure it's free of aliens without getting ourselves killed."

"Sarha, could you let us know when the Alien ship appears on our scanner?"

***

Tabitha walked up to the MTS and looked a tiny bit nervous. But she stepped right into the MTS like all the previous times. Instead of stepping out on her ship, she stepped out onto her father's castle's floor.

Her father and mother were there to meet her. They all hugged and started talking about the MTS. How it felt, and was she OK?"

Her father had a total look of surprise and had not believed that things like this were real. Even after he saw the small packages coming and going, it was still hard to believe. But he knew his daughter was with Tim on his ship, and now she stood just in front of him.

After all the hugging and the small talk, Tabitha asked, "Father, will you be able to send the 50 soldiers Tim requested?" She stood there, being held around her waist by her mother's arm, and watched her father.

"Yes, I'll send 50 soldiers to Tim; we will have to find a way to show them that your machine is OK." He said. He was still a bit nervous about sending 50 soldiers through that thing, but Tabitha did come through it.

"Father, have the commander come here, and I'll prove to her that it is safe."

Her father sent a runner for the commander. It only took ten minutes before the commander showed up. A surprised look on her face, seeing Tabitha standing there. "You wanted to see me, sire?" She said,

"Yes, Tabitha needs you to see something; after you see this, I will need 50 of your best soldiers."

"I want you to walk around this machine very carefully and look at it. After you do that, please stand right there." She pointed to a spot about five feet in front of the MTS.

The commander walked around the machine and stood where Tabitha had pointed. "I have done what you have asked princess, now what?" she asked.

Tabitha talked into her translator that was on her chest, "Tammy, could you please come here," Tabitha said. Tabitha pointed towards the MTS front, where Tammy came out, a big smile on her face.

"Now, I need to get back to the ship; we have that emergency meeting." She turned and walked right back into the machine. She was waving to everyone and disappeared.

Tabitha looked at the commander, and there was a shocked look on her face. "Now, commander, we need your help."

The commander snapped out of the shock and said, "Yes, princess, how may I be of assistance?"

"I need 50 of your best soldiers; Tim will be fighting an alien race of giant Red Ant, and he needs our help, and I need five of your specially trained individuals." Said the King.

"How soon are we needed?"

"We have less than one hour before the ship will be within range. You will need to leave in ten minutes, so you can meet Tim and find out what your soldiers will be doing." Said Tabitha.

"Your soldiers can leave in about half an hour, and they will be shown to deck two and the assembly area, where you will be able to talk to them after you meet with Tim."

"I will be right back, and I need to talk to my second in command, so she will get everything ready. I want her here to see me leave. That way, she will know."

The commander walked out of the room headed to her office.

Tabitha turned to her father, "Thank you."

The commander and her second in command return to the MTS room. Both looked at the MTS machine, and her second just looked; she had a worried look.

"OK, now I'll go to the ship and get the information we need. When you come through, there will be someone there to show you where to go." Said the commander.

The second in command looked at the machine again, "Are you sure about this commander?"

"I will go with the commander and then return; that way, you may feel a bit more relaxed about this trip." Said Tabitha.

Tabitha and the commander walked into the MTS machine. With a shocked look on her face, the second in command just stood there because they had just walked in and disappeared. She waited to see what would happen now.

It was only a few minutes, and Tabitha came back through the machine's front. "See, that's all there is to it."

The second in command just shook her head and said, "I will have the soldiers ready to leave in half an hour." She turned and left.

***

The second-in-command gathers her troops to let them know what they are about to get themselves into. She stood in front of the 50 individuals with a strange look, "Ladies, if I could have your attention."

"Ladies, the King has asked us to help Tim in rescuing a cruise liner that is being taken over by... [ this sounds crazy but by some giant Red Ant....], and at the same time, we will be traveling thereby a new... 'what they call Matter Transfer System or MTS for short.'"

"You walk into the machine here and walk out onto Tim's ship.... I know, but I have seen princess Tabitha take the commander with her and then come right back.'"

"You have ten minutes to get all your gear and be back here ready to go. You will not need your weapons. Tim's group will be furnishing your new weapons. Now, let us move it!" The whole group started to leave at a double-time run. They had no time to ask questions, and they only needed to get ready to do their job.

It was about ten minutes, and all the soldiers were standing, ready to go. "You will follow me to the MTS room in the castle and right into the machine with no hesitation, do you understand?" said the second in command.

"Yes, mam!" came the reply.

The second in command turned and started out the door, with a line two abreast following her. They got to the room and reported into the King. Tabitha stepped beside the second in command, and they both walked into the MTS, followed by all 55 soldiers.

***

Sarha was having the bots sit up deck two's assembly area for the 55 soldiers from Tabitha's home world. She also was having the bots guide the soldiers from the MTS room to deck two.

Tabitha and the second-in-command came through the MTS. The second-in-command had a genuine, funny look on her face. She took four or five steps forward and stopped and turned to see that her troops had followed her through. She pointed to the right, and the troops just kept walking, now following a robot.

The bot led them to the assembly area on deck two, where their commander was waiting for them. Tabitha and the second-in-command were last to enter the assembly area.

Stepping forward, Tabitha now stood next to the commander. "Ladies, if I could, we are going into the firing range to show you a demonstration of our new bullets. Please remember what is said about them."

Tabitha turned, and everyone followed her into the firing range; bots were handing out safety earplugs.

"These bullets are not loaded with explosives, but with what we call nano-bots. They are programmed to be active upon impact; once engaged, they will eat or devour the item it hits. So, you see, you must hit your target. Your target will be the head of a seven-foot Red Ant. The nano-bots will be active for fifteen seconds, so if you hit it with a bullet, it may not do the damage to kill the Red Ant. So, hit it with three shots to the head." Said Tabitha.

Tabitha turned downrange and had a target brought forward, and this was to show that the target was a good clean target; it was about six inches thick. Sent the target back downrange, then turned to her demonstrator. "She will now fire three shots at this target, and we'll bring the target back for you to see.... Please fire a three-shot group at the target." Tabitha replied.

The shots were fired, and the target was brought back and was shown to the soldiers. Each one could not believe their eyes. There were not three small holes like a bullet would have left, but a circle about six inches in diameter. "Now, ladies, I have shown you what our new bullets will do. Please be careful about where you aim."

"If you would please follow me, you will be given a weapon and ten magazines of thirty rounds each. Also, if you should use these up, there will be a bot with each group that has more magazines. We do not want anyone to run out." Said Tabitha.

Everyone went to the armory, was handed their weapon and the magazines, and then returned to the assembly area. The commander met with the second-in-command and the squad leaders. She told them of the plans Tim and Pauline had laid out for them. They were to retake the cruise liner and send all passengers back to the shuttle and onto the ship. Everyone understood what their job was and how it was to be done.

The five special individuals would be the first through the MTS, clear a passageway through the airlock, and hold the loading bay.

***

Tammy came into the meeting room with someone following her. "This is our commander Anden-Aipas. Father sent her to help."

Tim stood up and shook hands with the commander. Tim showed her Tabitha's seat and had her sit there.

Tim would let the soldiers handle the cruise liner, and his group would take the Aliens ship.

"Sarha, could you run the file on the first cruise ship to show Anden-Aipas what her group will be getting into." Said Tim.

Anden-Aipas sat there and watched the file that showed the aliens, and yes, she had seen pictures of the tiny Red Ant Tim referred to, and yes, these were the same, only one million times bigger. She watched how these Red Ants handled the passengers. Saw that they used their top four arms to move the passengers around without hurting them. The only ones that got damaged were the males that fought back, and only then did the Red Ant raise that individual off the ground and carry them.

"Does anyone think it's funny that these Red Ants do not want to hurt the passengers?" Said Anden-Aipas.

"Why would you capture a ship full of individuals and try not to hurt any of them?" Asked Madlyn.

"Please, let's not go there!" said Tim.

"Tim, why would you say something like that?" asked Pauline.

"OK, let us suppose you are going to the store for food. Do you squeeze the fruit to see if it is ripe?``said Tim.

"Are you saying that these individuals are their food?" Asked Pauline.

Anden-Aipas said, "I agree with Tim on this point; that would be my guess also."

"So, we have a bunch of Red Ant out looking for food!" Said Pauline.

"Tim, how are we getting onto the cruise ship?" Asked Anden-Aipas.

"The same way your group got here. We will dock a shuttlecraft, and you will enter from here and exit out on the shuttle through the MTS."

"Then I had better get down and talk with them. How will we keep in touch with you?"

"Sarha, make sure that all her people had translators. Anden-Aipas, your translator, will let us talk anytime.

Anden-Aipas got up and left the room, and she followed a bot; it would show her the way down to deck two.

"Tim, the ships are on the scanner now," Sarha replied.

"Please place it on the big screen," Tim said.

Everyone looked towards the big screen. The two dots were representing the ships. "Sarha, I need two probes sent ahead, need them and us cloaked. Let me know when they are there." Said Tim.

"Sending the probes now will be about fifteen minutes, and you will see a better picture."

"Sarha, could we approach both ships cloaked?" asked Pauline.

"It will be as you asked," replied Sarha.

"Tim, I need everyone to their battle station in the 'Tactical operation center.' Also, pilots to their fighters and shuttles." Said Pauline. "Tim, I will leave now and head to the TOC; I will be operating from there."

"Sarha, I need Bob and Jeanne and the student's nurses down on deck two, in case we have injured returning, also volunteers for moving the wounded." Said Tim.

"Tabitha, Tammy, Tawni, and Madlyn will go with me. Also, could you have two bots follow us encase?"

"Tim, the probes are approaching the ships now." Tim and his group looked towards the big screen. The ships appeared on the screen, and the Red Ant's ship was four times the size of the cruise ship.

"That's one big ship," said Tammy.

"Tim, I think we are going to need more help! I'll call my father and ask." Said Tabitha.

"I think you are right and tell them to bring their weapons."

***

Tabitha headed down the MTS room; this request for more soldiers would have to be done in person. She entered the MTS and exited into her father's castle. She left the room and headed to the library and needed to see her father right away.

Tabitha walked into the library and saw her father sitting there; she walked up to him, "Father, we need your help."

"OK, but why are you back so soon?" He asked with a worried look. He got up and walked to his daughter, holding her in his arms.

"The Red Ant's ships are four times the size of ours. We need more soldiers if you could please."

"OK, just give me a minute; the Red Ant's ship is four times the size of yours. How many soldiers will your MTS hold?" He asked.

"It holds two at a time. The exit place is next to the assembly area. So, that area will hold 1,500 individuals."

The King reaches for the cord next to his chair. "Sire, you rang?"

"Bring me the commanders, all of them ASAP." He said. He turned back to Tabitha, "Is Tammy and Tim alright?"

"Yes, they're both OK for now; Tim will wait for me to call and let him know what you are going to do."

Three commanders ran into the room, saw that Tabitha was with the King. They had heard that she could travel back and forth from her ship. But did not believe it. Now to see her here and knowing that 55 other soldiers had left. They began to worry. "Sire, you called?" They said,

"Yes, Tim and my daughters need our help. I want 1,000 soldiers to volunteer to fight off an alien army of giant Red Ants." Said the King.

All three commanders looked at the King, and they did not know what to say. The King has never asked for them to do anything; he always told them. But if he has asked, then it must be imperative. All three commanders said, "We will have your 1,000 volunteer's that you asked for. How soon are we going to leave?"

The King looked towards Tabitha. "You will follow the princess to her ship as soon as you can. Once on the ship, you will take your orders from Princess Tabitha. Are there any questions?"

"No, sire. Princess, will we need our weapons?" Now all three commanders looked towards Tabitha.

"Yes, and as much ammo as you can carry. We need to start moving your troops as soon as possible." She said, "Father, if you could send ammo through after we leave, as much as possible."

12