The Arena: Predator and Prey

Story Info
Strangers play out a wicked fantasy in a virtual world.
8k words
4.62
5.7k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note:

This near-future story contains strong elements of non-consent. All characters are over the age of eighteen. Thank you for reading!

—-------

Rick: One hour before broadcast

"Holy shit!"

Rick Lodge gawked in surprise and confusion as the auto-kitchen presented a steaming lasagna loaded with noodles, marinara sauce, ground beef, ricotta, and redolent with herbs. It was Tuesday, a grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli day, not a twelve-hundred-calorie flavor bomb day. What had gotten into the thing, he wondered? No matter! He snatched at the steaming pasta and took a massive bite.

"Ohmugahd," Rick grunted around the food in his mouth. He couldn't remember the last time he had tasted something so decadently, perfectly delicious. It wasn't his birthday, was it?

While he chewed, Rick jabbed at his smart screen to see if the news was reporting widespread malfunctions of the home meal appliance. He found nothing but the standard, ever more depressing string of minor calamities and injustices.

Just as Rick finished his dinner the front door chimed. The video doorbell revealed an attractive and perfectly coiffed blonde.

"Who is this?" Rick asked.

"Did you enjoy that pasta?" His visitor looked familiar. "We thought you might need a little extra energy tonight."

"For what?" Rick wouldn't have minded burning off some calories with the blonde.

"You'll have to come down to find out!"

Rick quickly wiped his hands and went to open the door. The blonde was flanked by two hovering video bots. "Rick Lodge, you've been selected for the Arena!"

"Wha, whaaat?"

"That's right! Your fantasy has been chosen for this week's show."

Now he realized why the blonde was so familiar. She was Selene, one of the hosts of The Arena.

"It's real, I, I don't believe it!" Rick gaped mutely for a moment before recovering his poise. "The predator fantasy?"

Selene winked. "How many different fantasies did you submit, bad boy?"

"None, I mean, just that one. The predator fantasy. Holy crap!"

The host giggled sweetly, took Rick's hand, and began leading him toward a sleek auto-shuttle. "Why don't we chat along the way, handsome? Showtime is in less than an hour."

The shuttle's back row was arranged as two seats facing each other. Once Selene and Rick seated themselves, the video bots took position and the interview began. There was always an interview as the crew drove the participants to the studio.

"So tell us, Rick," Selene began, "what made you decide to make the leap from watching The Arena to participating firsthand?"

"Oh gosh, I dunno." Rick was still half in shock. "I was watching one evening. A man and a woman were going at it but it was so vanilla, and I remember thinking, 'Rick, you could come up with something hotter than that.'"

Selene gave him a sly smile. "Well, we won't mention which episode you were watching now will we?"

"Oh, no! Oh gosh, no. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that the episode wasn't any good, just that they-"

"It's okay, Rick!" Selene reached forward to touch Rick's knee. "We know you like the show. Do you jack-in sometimes?"

Rick felt himself blushing. Jacking-in was the process through which viewers could experience the same sensations as the participants, provided they had some kind of home VR gear. "Yeah, I do sometimes," he admitted. "Like I said, if the scene looks like it will be really hot."

"Speaking of hot," Selene purred, "why don't you tell our audience about your scene."

"Oh, sure. I'm not saying it's super original, but I'd like to think I put a twist on it. In the scene I'm desperate for sex, like it's been weeks since I even jerked off, much less had sex."

"Your balls will be so full of cum," Selene said, licking her lips. She looked into the lens of the video bot. "I hope our audience at home is thinking about how big that load will be later."

"Yeah, and I'm starting to lose control, experiencing moments where my need for sex overpowers my judgment. Like normally I'm an okay guy, but I've let it go too far. I'm right on the edge."

"So what takes you over the edge?"

"I see her. Like, I'm walking down the street alone. Maybe I'm thinking I'll go home and jerk off, ease some of the pressure. But then I see her through the window of a bar. She's with a group of friends."

"What draws you to her, in particular?"

"A couple things. She's, I don't know, vulnerable. Petite, slim. She's not there with any guy in particular and I can tell that she's likely to leave on her own."

"And when you see her, what do you decide to do?"

"I decide to take her."

***

Lily: Fifty minutes before broadcast

"Omigod I can't believe this!"

Lily Dunn was overwhelmed. The unexpected visitor, the shock of learning that she'd been selected for The Arena, even the video bots hovering - everything conspired to disorient her.

"Well, you better believe it!" Hunter Marx, the host, assured her. "Your fantasy has been chosen. What do you say we get you down to the studio?"

"Oh, yes, of course. Do I need anything? Should I change into different clothes?"

Hunter gave a kind smile. "No, Lily. You'll be naked inside the VR suit. Our viewers will only see your virtual body. And from what I know about your partner's fantasy, what a body it will be!"

"Right, right. Fun! Okay, I guess I'm ready, then!"

Once in the auto-shuttle, Hunter began the interview. He was a handsome man but carried himself with an air of humility that put Lily at ease.

"So tell me, Lily," he began, "or rather, tell us about the fantasy you submitted."

"Oh," Lily said, suddenly aware that possibly hundreds of thousands of people were watching her. "I'm not sure exactly how to summarize it."

"That's fine. Maybe take us through it. How do you picture the scene, what brought you to this moment?"

"Okay, sure." Lily twisted her fingers together for a moment before continuing. "Well, I'm on my own. Or out with friends maybe, but I leave on my own. I mean, leave wherever we were."

"A night out with friends," Hunter said. "That sounds nice. Does it turn... not nice at some point?"

Again, Lily seemed uncomfortable but continued. "Yes. So, I end up walking home on my own. It's usually a safe part of town, but it's late and the streets are deserted. I look around constantly, making sure there's no one dangerous."

"But there is, isn't there?"

"Yes."

Hunter nodded solemnly. "Lily, and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but not every woman in our audience can relate to this fantasy."

"Oh, I know," Lily said softly.

"So help them understand. In your own words, what's the attraction? What's compelling about being prey?"

It doesn't take Lily long to find the words. "It's being wanted. Wanted so much that he can't control himself. He has to have you, is willing to break any law, any moral code to get what he wants."

"That's about him, though," Hunter pointed out. "What about you?"

"Mmm, I see. For me, I think it's about freedom."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when you're prey things happen to you. You don't want them to, but they do. You don't want to have sex, but it happens anyway. It's freedom from responsibility. When you're prey you can be fucked roughly by a stranger and still be a good girl. It isn't your fault."

"Lily!" Hunter said with raised eyebrows. "I don't believe that you're as innocent as you look."

Lily bit her lip. "Mmmaybe not?"

***

Rick: Half an hour before broadcast. 113,603 viewers jacking-in to Rick's feed, 91,202 viewers jacking-in to Lily's feed.

"The VR suit is ready for you, Mr. Lodge."

Rick had never seen such a beautiful embodiment of technological achievement. The VR rig he had at home was a masturbation-grade unit with penis stimulators, a moisture module, and an anal tickler that he rarely enabled. The unit he would wear at the Arena studios made his home rig look like a diaper next to a superhero outfit. Midnight black with red trim, it would mold to his body like a second skin.

But it was the suit's inside layers that were the real miracle. Instead of the quasi-mechanical stimulators in his home rig, the Arena suit was woven with tens of thousands of nano strands, each individually or collectively controllable.

"It can simulate the touch of a feather or the sting of a slap," the tech said proudly. The few minutes during which he changed into the suit was the only time that Rick or his virtual character wouldn't be on camera. "It can simulate heat and texture, too. They let me try it once," he said, smiling at the memory. "Of course, I chose the blowjob demo. You're in for a hell of a time, man."

Once in the suit Rick donned the wide-periphery VR goggles and settled into a salt-water flotation tank that left only his lips and nose dry. "The suit can provide resistance," the tech continued. If you're running or opening a door in the simulation the suit will push back against you. It makes all the difference in how immersive it feels. You ready to try it?"

"Uh, yeah, sure." With his body suspended in the water and wearing the goggles, Rick was deprived of almost all sensation apart from sounds coming in through the earbuds.

"Well, that's good, Rick." Selene spoke to him now, her voice seeming to come from no more than a meter away even though she was in the broadcast booth. "Welcome to the Arena."

Light and sensation grew slowly around him like gently emerging from sleep. A strip of light, at first faint, turned into a horizon, then a sunrise. He could make out a susurration, which, after a few seconds, resolved into the sound of waves caressing the shore.

"I'm on the beach. Fuck! Am I naked?"

Selene giggled. "You are, naughty boy. Dip your toes in the water."

Rick walked toward the surf unsteadily. At first he put too much power into his stride, stumbling forward, then over-corrected with tiny steps.

"The suit will auto-calibrate, Rick. Just enjoy dipping your toes into those waves."

When he did reach the water, it didn't disappoint. The suit perfectly mimicked the water's cooler, wet touch, the feeling reaching between his toes and exactly as far up his calf as it appeared to in the simulation. He became aware of other sensations as well. A breeze came off the water, tickling his chest hair and cooling his balls. Seagulls squawked overhead.

"This is incredible!"

"I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself, Rick. Would you like to see what you look like?"

"Yeah!"

A mirror appeared just down the beach. Rick walked toward it, his stride getting more confident with each step, even in the soft sand. The man that greeted him in the mirror bore a shallow resemblance at best. His virtual self was taller, with a broader chest and shoulders. He wasn't huge, but well corded with lean muscle. His eyes were the same, but his hair was darker, fuller, and untamed.

"This is what my partner fantasizes about?"

"Yes, Rick. Her name is Lily."

"I don't remember being asked what my fantasy partner looks like. Not in any detail, anyway."

"Rick," Selene laughs, "we know what you like. Remember the waiver you signed when you submitted your fantasy? The one that gave us access to your porn history?"

"Ohh, right."

"We'll start the fantasy soon. But before that, why don't you show the audience the cock that Lily picked out?"

Rick lifted his rod, examining it in the mirror's reflection. It swelled as he stroked it, transforming from heavy and soft to hard and cruelly thick. The simulation did a perfect job of translating his hand motions into pleasure until he was at peak hardness.

"Oooh, ladies," Selene gasped. "Look at that monster. Don't you want to feel that in you? Don't you want those hands on your body? You can! Just jack-in to tonight's episode and experience everything that Lily does. Sign in now and save five credits!"

***

Lily: Fifteen minutes before broadcast. 372,111 viewers jacking-in to Rick's feed, 281,048 viewers jacking-in to Lily's feed.

"How does that sand feel between your toes, Lily?"

"Oh, Hunter!" Lily said, unable to keep the smile from her face. "It's amazing! I'm really on the beach."

"Lily, I hate to break it to you, but you're still floating in a tank at our studio. But you look like you're having a great time on the most realistic virtual beach in the world."

"It's so fun! Can I go for a swim?"

"I'm not sure we have enough time for that, Lily. Your fantasy starts in just a few minutes, and you don't want to play a mermaid, do you?"

"Maybe next time?"

"I promise! But for now, give yourself a look in the mirror, check out that body that Rick chose for you."

Lily pranced over to the preposterously ornate mirror perched on the sand. She liked what she saw. Virtual Lily stood two inches shorter than Real Lily. Her hair was still shoulder length but was a glossier and more vibrant shade of auburn than in real life. Large, dark eyes and a small mouth contributed to a more timid look.

The differences in her body were less subtle. In addition to standing two inches shorter, Lily found herself admiring a woman with a more delicate build. Her collarbone stood out more prominently, creating inviting hollows to either side, and her neck was slimmer. Lily stroked herself, sliding her fingers over silk-soft skin from the hollow of her throat to her breasts. They were, she realized, a touch smaller than hers in real life, but higher and rounder. She lifted one and watched it jiggle.

"Hooo, guys!" Hunter called out with a whistle. "I don't know about you, but Lily looks like a bite-sized morsel of bliss to me. You know Rick is going to hit that hard. If you want to experience it just like he does, feel your hands on her tits, your dick in that little pussy, and watch the look in her eyes from up close, then you need to register to jack-in right now. Register before the broadcast begins and get a fifty-percent discount next time. Remember, jacking-in is better than jacking off!"

"Is it almost time?" Lily asked, still admiring herself in the mirror. Her legs were slimmer as well, giving her a thigh gap which accentuated the outer folds of her shaved pussy. Skinny like this she was more... accessible.

"Almost, Lily." Hunter backed off a bit from his sales pitch voice. "But before we begin you'll receive an injection. You remember that from the waiver you signed, right?"

Lily vaguely remembered the clause. "Okay, but remind me again what the injection is for?"

"The injection is a targeted hormone combined with slow-release adrenaline. It will help keep you in character during the simulation. Rick will receive a similar injection. It's most pronounced after about twenty minutes, so you'll feel the effect more once the session is well underway. Here we go."

Lily felt pressure on her shoulder, a sensation made disconcerting since nothing in the simulation seemed to cause it.

"The scene change will be slightly disorienting, so get ready. Shift in three, two, one..."

***

Rick: Broadcast time. 909,332 viewers jacking-in to Rick's feed. 895,614 viewers jacking-in to Lily's feed.

The transition was just as disorienting as Rick had been warned. The crisp light, lapping waves, and sand of the beach scene were replaced with a gloomy urban streetscape. The only light came from a pair of streetlights, both of them far enough away to serve more as mood lighting than useful illumination. A discarded cigarette pack wrapper blew past his feet before getting stuck in an oily puddle.

There! At the end of the block, Rick could make out a weak pool of light being thrown onto the sidewalk in front of a bar. He walked toward it, marveling at the other changes in the simulation. He was dressed now, and the textures against his skin of cotton, wool, and leather startled him for a moment. It was cool in the simulation so he tugged his jacket close as his footsteps echoed in the lonely street.

It was a bar exactly like the one from his fantasy - narrow, with a few tables near the window and a bar running along the left side. It was a neighborhood place, not a destination bar that hipsters would cross town for. And although Rick didn't see a sign it was probably called something like Mort's Place, not Cocktail 99 or some other contrived name.

Just as he had found the bar, he found her. Lily, that was her name, must be the one seated against the window while her friends clustered around her, laughing and swaying. It had to be her because she was perfect for this fantasy - petite, pretty, shy-looking, and sipping a glass of white wine. She had probably sat there most of the evening, wondering if it would be rude to be the first to leave.

Rick edged back into the shadows to wait.

***

Lily: Two minutes into broadcast. 1,110,072 viewers jacking-in to Rick's feed. 1,172,848 viewers jacking-in to Lily's feed.

It wasn't the light, but the noise. Being dropped in the blink of an eye into the middle of a raucous celebration rattled Lily's ears and nerves. The woman to her immediate left, brash and in a cable-knit sweater, was mid-joke while the guy opposite was already losing interest and beginning to talk over her. The joke flopped, but no one seemed to notice as two new conversations sprung up immediately after.

The five were her friends, she knew. There was a couple, with the man snugly embracing his girlfriend from behind while his hands grew increasingly bold. They would go to her place and fuck. Then there was the pair that everyone else thought should be a couple, except they didn't care for each other in the least. And finally, there was the brash girl who had probably been talking all night and wouldn't stop until there was no one left to hear her.

Fortunately, Lily didn't have to endure their company for very long. As soon as she appeared in the simulation, the AIs that were running them began to make polite exits. The about-to-fuck couple pointed out that they were both running a 5K tomorrow morning. The not-in-a-couple guy remembered that he hadn't walked his dog yet, and then the two remaining women offered to walk each other back to their neighborhood, which was farther away.

"You'll be okay, right?" they asked.

"Sure," Lily said. "I'll be fine."

Her attire was a bit of a surprise. Lily had assumed that Rick would have fantasized about her wearing skimpy clothing, perhaps a blouse with a plunging neckline, or a short or aggressively split skirt. Instead, she found herself wearing a conservative, almost prim, cashmere turtleneck. Her boots were cute, but they revealed only a sliver of skin at the base of her skirt. Was she a virgin in his fantasy, or merely reserved?

She might never know.

***

Rick: Seven minutes into broadcast.

In his fantasy, Rick was always conflicted at this point, his fundamentally moral character fighting against a spike of desire and need. He would follow his mark for block after block, working himself into an ever more lust-fueled frenzy until he finally lost himself and seized her.

Surprisingly, he found himself in a similar mindset in the simulation. Lily shared his fantasy, eager to play the victim who would be hunted, caught, and used. Yet part of him recoiled at the thought of following through. When he grabbed her, she'd feel his hand bruising her arm. When he tore her clothes away she'd shiver with cold. Could he make himself do those things to a real person?

Lily turned right as she came out of the bar, checked her surroundings, then began to walk. She didn't spot Rick deep in the shadows, but as soon as she had turned away he began to parallel her. The streets were empty apart from the two of them. Above, a scattering of apartment windows shone with light but no one was out walking their dog, smoking on their stoop, or coming home late lugging groceries. Whatever played out between the two would have no witnesses but the stark concrete.