The Art of Love Ch. 01

Story Info
Beth and Hannah arrive in Tahoe for a special summer vacay.
2.8k words
4.33
4.4k
3
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Writer's note:

This is the first series I've ever done. I've never ventured into the world of erotica until recently, so this will be interesting.

Update: This chapter has been edited for, hopefully, better flow.

About

Beth and Hannah are childhood best friends on a meaningful summer vacation together. With failed love lives and a traumatic past, their friendship seems to blossom into something more.

Story Fetishes & Themes

This story features lesbianism, anal sex, softcore fetishes, and a lot of sex toys. It will explore the love between two childhood best friends as they start to develop feelings for each other. On top of sex and romance, love will be the solution to their future problems, as my series will attempt to mimic real world issues such as the impact of societal issues on mental health. It is a slow burn type romance. If you're not into any of the described fetishes or cute romantic moments, this isn't the story for you. Though this story does feature all of the above, there is no kissing or sex in the first chapter and won't be any, perhaps, in the first two or three chapters as I plan on the fly.

This story uses real life locations. However, all restaurant and hotel names are fictitious. All characters are at least 18 or older. This story is owned by me. Publishing it in any form without my expressed written consent is prohibited. The story will be updated with each chapter at my leisure.

*************************************************************************************************************

The Art of Love

Chapter 1

Summer 2015

The morning sun greets us on a Friday, as we drive along the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The sun's rays shimmer off the surface of the surrounding salty waters of San Francisco Bay. Traffic is light heading out of the city towards Oakland.

Strands of my long brunette hair whip around with the roof down on my BMW convertible. My thin teal flannel keeps me warm, though my bare legs are exposed to the chilly breeze. I've been smiling nonstop since we left my house about half an hour ago. I've always wanted to take Hannah out to Lake Tahoe for a vacation. Despite living in Sacramento for almost all her life, she's never been to Tahoe.

Hannah and I have known each other forever. Her parents moved from Miami to the Bay Area shortly after she was born. We met when we were both eight years old. Hannah's late mother, Amy, used to help tend to her late uncle's bar and grill restaurant he owned at Pier 39 near Fisherman's Wharf. That was where my mom met Amy, where our families met, and where our worlds began to collide.

It's hard not to notice her body. Her features are eye candy. Her body is inked, tall, and slender, built with the curves I crave. She wears a pair of blue denim cutoffs, faded and ripped, that show off plenty of thigh. Her pink cropped cami clings to her body, accentuating her cleavage with no bra in sight. Her breasts are about 28Ds, with large pierced nipples poking through the fabric. A religious silver metal cross dangles down to her cleavage from her neck. It accompanies a silver locket necklace, which she keeps in her mother's memory.

Hannah's always had a thing for tattoos and piercings. She wears her navel piercing proudly and sports a symbolic tattoo on her left shoulder. That, too, is in honor of Amy, who passed away three years ago to breast cancer. The tattoo is her mother's full name and date of death with angel wings.

When the wind blows through, her long blonde hair whips side-to-side and covers her face. Her aviators add extra sex appeal to her overall appearance. I glance at her as we drive along the bridge, wondering what she's thinking about. We share a love for nature, so this is very much a getaway vacation for us.

It is a quiet minute in the car except for the radio playing "Cool for the Summer" by Demi Lovato. My hands are still on the wheel as I keep us on the road. Hannah's legs are crossed, her beautiful blue eyes staring down at the iPhone screen in front of her. With a glance, I can see the familiar display of a Twitter timeline. Her fingers tap the keyboard with an audible rhythm and scroll through the latest posts. From time to time, she'll receive a notification with an audible "ding!" I just assume she's always texting someone, probably one of her roommates at SFSU.

I'm never really jealous when that happens. We both have our group of friends from university. Though we shared English for general ed this past term, I'm on a different career path than her: music. It's what I grew up on and want to pursue professionally. Hannah is pursuing a degree in fashion and apparel design.

No matter what, though, we're a magnet for each other. We've always been really close. For as long as I've known her, she's been more than just a rebellious teenager. She's very sweet, thoughtful, loving, and protective. Even though she hides it behind a tough exterior, she has a soft spot for me and her best friend from high school, Allison. She adores my family, and they adore her back, despite her rough upbringing with an abusive bigoted father.

Hannah has a special way of making everyone feel comfortable around her. The same way I can calm myself down with music, she does the same with others, even strangers. She's a special human being, just very misunderstood during her darkest days at school. In spite of her previously outwardly aggressive and lackadaisical persona, she's extremely caring, empathetic, and understanding of others' pain.

I continue glancing at her from time to time and catch her looking up from her phone, smiling at me. Her smile lights me up, her gaze warm and inviting.

"What?" she asks.

"Nothing." I reply, shaking my head. "Just looking forward to this trip. I know you don't want to waste this summer vacation with me."

"Nah, we're not gonna waste it," Hannah insists. "You said Tahoe's amazing, right?"

I nod. "It's a nice place to relax and unwind. We'll get there, hang out, and enjoy the outdoors."

"I think you showed me pictures of it, but I'm excited!" Hannah exclaims as we pass through the Treasure Island tunnel.

"Oh yeah, it's so pretty. You'd love it. I really think you would."

I'm hopeful. I really want this trip to work.

"Yeah, I definitely will.  I'm excited!" Hannah beams. "I haven't been anywhere else besides L.A., so I can't wait to go somewhere different. It's gonna be fun."

***

Within just a few hours, we arrived, greeted by Tahoe's natural beauty. Gone are the familiar skyscrapers that surround us in the city. Instead, miles and miles of pine trees dot the mountainous landscape of the Eldorado Forest surrounding the Tahoe area. It very much carries a "cabin in the woods" type of feeling. The lake sparkles in the sun as the main attraction. Tahoe is littered with tourists coming to and fro, enjoying its beauty during the summer months.

With the car parked in the driveway, Hannah and I leave our belongings in my car for the time being. The wooden door creaks as we step inside the modern cabin. Everything is made of wood. It looks so beautiful. A big stone fireplace welcomes us upon entering, providing warmth and ambiance in one of two of the cabin's living rooms. Off to one side is the dining room and kitchen. A pair of heels clack along the hardwood floor as a brunette walks down the stairs to greet us.

Her name is Laura Conway. She is a real estate agent who owns Tahoe Cabin Rentals, which manages vacation homes and rentals all over California and Nevada. Her outfit is business-casual, with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a white button-up blouse and a black blazer.

Laura shakes hands and greets us warmly. She's a smart woman who knows her stuff when it comes to vacation rentals. With Hannah and me staying in the cabin, she'll be able to show us what makes this place special and unique.

For the next half hour, Laura gives us a tour of all three floors of the cabin, noting the rooms and architecture. I rarely see bathroom counters built with vessel sinks, but that's what this cabin has. It's so nice and fancy-looking, yet cozy and comfortable for a weekend getaway. There are bedrooms around the cabin, though only the master bedroom on the second floor will be in use during our stay.

The whole cabin has a nice vacation feel. I notice the thick wood beams as we pass by one, and how they support the roof above my head. Wooden posts hold up metal girders with a flat roof over it, providing plenty of shade to protect against the sun. When she pulls back the curtains on the windows in each room, gray bedspreads cover comforters and sheets. The house also smells amazing, very clean and fresh. As if someone cleaned and dusted every surface about an hour before getting here. It's all very professional. By the end of the tour, I've retrieved the keys from Laura. Check out is next Sunday. We've got the whole week to ourselves.

We begin moving our luggage from my convertible to the cabin. With two suitcases and a beach bag, we carry them up the stairs into the bedroom. Aside from our outfits, lingerie, and a few snacks, we didn't pack much for the trip, so they're not too heavy. Hannah takes the lead, setting down her suitcase on the floor and opening the window to let in some air. The cool mountain breeze invigorates my body and mind.

I plop onto the foot of the bed next to her before we unpack. Looking towards her, I feel something in my heart pulling me towards her. I've felt this before. I've seen my best friend a million times, but recently, it's like I have a crush on her or something.

As I watch Hannah, she notices me staring at her and smiles.

"What?!" she giggles. Her eyes are in clear view now with her aviators removed. She wears contacts when not wearing her glasses. "You know it's not polite to stare." She teases me with a smile.

"Yeah, I guess I'm kinda lost in my own head." I shrug lamely.

"When aren't you?" she jokes. We share a laugh as we get up to start unpacking, mainly the toiletries.

As I walk into the bathroom, her bubbly ass faces me, trapped in the confines of her cheeky shorts. I smile at her, admiring her beautiful, perfect curves as she notices my presence behind her and smiles. I can smell her scent of vanilla and honeysuckle as I place my cosmetics and toiletry on my side of the counter.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Hannah asks, checking herself in the mirror.

"I dunno." I shrug. "We *are* right across the street from the beach, so... beach day?"

"Yeah, we could try to find a spot to lay out for a while." Hannah nods her head.

It's been a while since I've been to a beach with anyone, including my family. It's always a fun time, but things happen and people get busier. We might as well make the best of this summer vacation together.

"Alright! Let's do it then!" I agree as we both start back towards the bedroom to change into our bikinis.

I grab a cute blue two-piece bikini from the luggage that I brought with me. It's a halter top string bikini with a matching bottom. It shows off my tits nicely and leaves just enough fabric covering to hide my nipples. Stepping back into my cutoffs, I notice Hannah putting on her pink bikini. It's a sexy look, true to her personality. Like mine, it's a halter top with a thin strip around the middle to highlight and accentuate her breasts. A large bow sits atop a triangle between her breasts, further showcasing her cleavage. Her panties match perfectly.

After slipping into her own shorts, we finish getting ready, protecting ourselves with sunscreen and tanning lotion. We stand in front of the mirror to admire our reflection, content with how good a fit our outfits are. I've never seen Hannah's tits so close up before and marvel at the way her soft yet perky nipples.

"Are we ready?" Hannah asks.

I nod. "Let's go."

***

It's a short distance to Eldorado Beach, which sits right next to the beach resort across the street from our cabin. The parking lot is littered with tourists coming in and out of the hotel, some heading towards the beach. It's a busy time during the summer, especially with all the families here.

We walk down the stairs leading onto the sand. It feels nice and warm, yet quite chilly by the shoreline. It's not very busy here. After a selfie, Hannah and I stroll along the lake shore ourselves. The sunblock on our bodies protects us from the rays of the sun, which is out in full force today. I'm leading the way, wearing flip flops. The lake water is so clear, as Lake Tahoe is known for. It's so fucking beautiful, as if I'm staring at a giant aquarium or one of God's natural experiments. The waves gently splash against the shores in front of us as we move along, feeling free to admire nature.

A short time later, we find a spot to sunbathe in. With Hannah's pink blanket spread, I sit down with her on the cotton surface and lean back on my elbows. With a sigh, my attention turns back to the blue sky. The clouds are few and far between. Birds chirp loudly overhead as I take a deep breath to enjoy this moment with my best friend. The gentle wind carries a chill, so it doesn't feel too bad sitting naked in our bikinis, only covered by our flannels. Our skin begins tingling with goosebumps.

Hannah's elbows prop her up as she lays on the blanket and marvels quietly, "This place is awesome! Can't believe how big this place is."

"Yeah, it is nice." I nod in reply. "This lake goes all the way around." I gesture at the length of the lake.

"Yeah, I can see that," she acknowledges. "I've heard it snows here in the winter."

"Yeah. It does get cold enough here." I smile at her, feeling the warmth of our naked bodies right next to each other and basking in each other's company. We've been spending so much time together lately, sharing everything we have to offer.

She turns to me and smiles back, letting out a chuckle.

"How are you feeling right now?" I ask, curious about her mental state. I wonder if this vacation is helping her find herself at all.

"Me? I'm fine." She shrugs nonchalantly. "Not great. But yeah, it helps to just relax. Just to be here with you."

I nod quietly. I guess I'll take it. It's not the reaction I had hoped for.

"How about you? I bet you're on cloud nine."

I chuckle. She's not wrong about that.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess I am." I agree as I gaze over at Hannah.

"You 'guess'." She teases. "You're the one who suggested this place." She looks down at her legs, wiping some sand off.

"I know." I nod, looking back over at her. "And I love being here with you. I love spending every moment with you. You're my best friend." I hold her hand and give her a quick squeeze with my fingers.

"Aww, me too! This trip has been so much fun with you so far!" We share a brief laugh and hug as we hold hands and giggle to one another. "You look amazing by the way." She gazes at me with a warm, soft expression on her face.

"Thanks!" I beam. "And you look sexy as always."

Hannah chuckles. "It's who I am!"

I smile as my heart continues to flutter in her presence. My feelings for her are growing every minute. I don't know what's happening or why, but lately this past year, my sights have been set on her. We've helped each other out with our general ed assignments. We've hung out in her dorm and my house. We've watched movies and shows and laughed together. It's always a good time. Whenever she's had her moments, I've always been there for her when I can be. I've always been a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear. It's a big part of who I am and I have no qualms about it.

Eventually, we've sunbathed enough. It's still early afternoon, so we can go back to the cabin and see where else we want to go or stay in the cabin and chill.

"Well, let's get going then." I announce as we go on our way.