The Awakening Ch. 51-63

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why now?" A woman interrupted, a few faces turned to face her, others remained on Caliope.

"The truth is, a huge catastrophe is on the edge of happening, and I won't lie... I am scared..." She spoke with honesty, the woman was about to ask something else but remained quiet. "I wonder... Amra?" She turned her head towards him and he stood up immediately. "Can we show them?"

"What do you mean?" He asked openly confused.

"Make them see my memories..." She half smiled, the memory of how she shared her past visions was very vivid on her mind.

Amra looked around and frowned slightly before he spoke. "Humans with such little faith, they need something to either witness or touch in order to believe." He declared and they listened; a few lowered their heads with shame. "You shall hold your hands and close your eyes, whatever you feel or see, do not let go of eachother's hands, so you can share the visions."

Amra took Caliope's hand and walked to one of the many humans in the room. Caliope smiled shyly while she spoke. "I talked about powers but, I know how hard is to believe in something like that unless you experience it by yourselves. So I ask you to remain calm once you go through my own gift... There will be darkness... and then, you will see through my eyes, the memories I chose to share... I will show you the truth..." And just then, she closed her eyes and squeezed Amra's hand, who had taken already the hand of one of the audience. The darkness surrounded them and more than a gasp and yelp was heard.

A sight of Caliope walking with Amra at Central Park, wild cats fighting and a dark figure laughing at a distance; another dark creature being pulled through her single room apartment. Amra vanishing the first of many traitors; Pronab jumping into the abism with a smile on his face. A sea of cursed souls staring at her while she commanded them to leave. Caliope's memories rushed through her and everyone around. She fighted the tears as some of her memories started to be too personal and she struggled to push them away.

Finally she was able to release Amra's hand and she felt herself float briefly right before Amra caught her an inch away from the floor. She was shivering, her body and mind affected by the amount of energy she used to project the memories on everyone else. She felt Amra's arms hold her but she was unable yet to open her eyes; she felt drained.

A few voices whispered close to her while she heard Vanessa rushing to her side. "Baby are you ok? do you feel any pain?"

Caliope's first thought was to not be touched by her. She tried to raise her hand but her body felt unresponsive. So she pushed her mind to the edge. 'I can't control myself... stop her...'

Amra's arms tightened around her and she felt his lips on her forehead. 'My love... you did it!' Those were the last words she heard from him before she fainted.

"I am sorry, for doubting, for everything. What can we do to help?" The one who seemed to lead the humans spoke. Amra held Caliope in his arms, unable to focus on him as he worried about her. Pronab held a tight grip on Vanessa not letting her reach to her friend, and at the same time he spoke. "If you can wait here, Elaine will be back soon and we have some plans to address them with you all. Magna is going to handle you folders with basic information you need to have. Now please excuse us while we give her some space and room to recover."

Next thing Caliope saw was her personal space, the one with liquid black walls that seemed to respond to her. She felt as if the liquid blackness moved around her on its own; soothing her. She sighed and closed her eyes again, letting the darkness embrace her. Slowly she felt the liquid mater feed her with energy, her body relaxing and at the same time recharging. Why did sharing her memories drained her so much? On the other hand, pushing herself made it able for her to communicate again mentally with Amra, something she had been craving to do.

She opened her eyes and felt the warmth of Amra's body laying next to her on the bed; he held her with such tenderness, almost as if she was about to break. She found his gaze and hurried to touch his face. 'You look like you went through hell...' She told him and he sighed.

'I would probably go there for you...' He said as he laid his forehead on hers and breathed deeply.

She kissed his lips briefly before she pulled back. 'How long was I out?'

'It has only been a couple of hours, but any minute is enough to worry me... Elaine says your visions shared through so many was what did this to you. It also broke the last restrains you had apparently, since now you can talk to me mentally.'

She smiled and kissed him again. 'I think it was a fair price to pay to get back this... I missed it...' She whispered into his mind and he smiled back at her.

Just then some knocks on the door pulled their attention. "Come in." He said as he sat straight, pulling Caliope gently with him. Elaine walked in followed by Wiltshire, they were worried but smiling nonetheless. Elaine seemed serious, not her usual state. Wiltshire on the other hand seemed younger, if that was ever possible.

"Hello darling, how do you feel?" Elaine broke the silence and Caliope smiled at her.

"I feel ok, a little surprised but otherwise I am really well. I understand that you think me, sharing my memories to so many, drained me?" Caliope asked as she snuggled in Amra's arms. 'I think we need to tell Elaine now about my other... gifts... can we do it in front of Wiltshire?' She asked him privately.

"Yes, you see... my powers have influence on emotions, and each time one uses great amounts of power, there is a trace left, a signature energy print of some sort, that can be identified... I felt that energy signature, it was strong and emotional... you probably felt overwhelmed with so much going on at once. Probably new memories you recovered? All together, besides sharing it with so many, made this happen to you." Elaine nodded as she spoke.

'Wiltshire is a mysterious person but a very trusty one, you can share to both of them without worry my love.' Amra replied to Caliope.

"But since you are already becoming an Asteria, I would say you are almost fully one now, the drained energy did not affected you so long as it would on any other human or new Asteria... you were out only three hours..." Wiltshire added.

"That makes sense, I guess... but that is not all... I have been keeping something from you... Elaine and Wiltshire... Please understand I only asked Amra to keep quiet because I was both scared and surprised... but I found out more powers that manifest through me..." Caliope said finally, her eyes meeting Elaine as she stared back taken by surprise.

"More powers? what kind of powers?" Elaine managed to ask.

"Physical manifestations, isn't it?" Wiltshire added and Caliope looked back at him nodding, showing her surprise. He smiled gently at her. "My gifts are special... I don't read minds, but I read emotions and the secrets behind them... a strange, rare gift, very hard even to explain... If you are talking about it, and thinking about it, I can read it."

Caliope nodded, things making sense more about him now. "So I am not the only one with a rare gift." She said as she lifted her hand and pointed to the coffee table between them, Elaine and Wiltshire focused where she seemed to point, and out of thin air, vines started to materialize and grow slowly; Elaine gasped while Wiltshire put a hand on top of hers, containing her surprise in a certain way. Caliope lifted her fingers and the vines grew towards her directions, it grew steady and firm, then she moved her fingers to the sides, to show how versatile it moved. "I found out about this by accident... and it still hurts my hand a little bit after... but the more I practice, the steadier it becomes, and it stays that way. I think it has to do with my level of confidence and concentration, since both of them have grown ever since that first time."

Wiltshire stood up and walked towards the table; he carefully let his hand reach it and the vines pulled away from his touch. "I didn't do that..." Caliope rushed the words out just as her surprise. Wiltshire nodded and walked back to his chair. "I think it is a part of you on its own..." He replied.

"I don't like that... it is like someone else is living inside of me!" Caliope admitted with frustration. "I dont think it wants to harm me, but what is it? why can't I be alone like before?"

"Love, maybe... it is a side of you? That time I found you covered with the liquid blackness, remember?" Amra asked and Caliope nodded. "Like I told you, it reacted to me, it was never aggressive, it felt who I was and allowed me to touch you... To be honest, I was surprised but not afraid of it either... I think, really, it is perhaps a part of you... your dark angel half... maybe you should embrace it instead of rejecting it."

While Caliope pondered Amra's words, Elaine nodded. "Perhaps that is who you are in all this fight, Caly... you are the new race, the new angel, the evolution that it's needed in order to fight a new balance in the new world we have created... outside there is only chaos... I think you are the answer to find peace again. If not peace, perhaps, not the judge nor the executioner, you are the witness and changer of things... you are what we needed from the start."

--

Chapter 57

"Dark Messenger"

The sound of rusty chains woke Caliope slowly; the strange sound together with the empty space next to her in bed that became unfamiliar. She opened her eyes and saw the room was unusually dark. The sound of chains made her look around searching for its origin. She gasped and covered her mouth with horror; there was a dark bubble surrounding her, clouded spots of transparency allowed her to see that she was still in their room. The bubble was as big as half the room; at the other side, a glowing and angry Amra kept hitting the invisible walls without results.

She heard a laugh and looked at her left, there, standing only feets away from her, there was a tall and pale man, ice blue eyes, long grey hair, and a wicked smile. She was unable to move as the situation was still uncertain for her, but finally she saw rusty chains that came out of his back and floated on his sides as if they were resembling wings. A dark Angel for sure.

"Finally awake, aren't you..." The slim figure said and looked at her with a small but secure grin on his face.

She held quiet, she didn't want to respond or move at all. She looked towards Amra and tried to communicate with him. 'Amra... please tell me you can hear me...' She send to him and there was only panic in his face, he was angry and there was no reply to her pleas.

"He won't hear you, he can't reach you here... yet." The man answered her unspoken questions, yet she held quiet again, there was hope now as the man's words revealed a possibility for Amra to reach her, at some point.

The man walked around her slowly and with a hand under his chin he examined her. "Interesting... that is the word I think fits you best... Do you have any idea how important your role is in this battle? I bet you don't... everything started with you, and probably will end as well with you." His voice determined, the content of his words almost prophetic. Caliope sucked in air and held it as he sat next to her. "I was watching you sleep... not many Asterias do that, you know? sleep... it becomes a strange concept with the years... But it is kind of... cute? You still remain humanly innocent... Sleep is a gift, it helps you detach and dream..."

She was beyond curious, and thought of her best way to buy time, perhaps she could make enough so Amra could reach her. "Who are you?" She whispered.

He acted surprised, and smiled gently. "You ARE... cute. I like the pleasant sound of your voice, the notes seem in harmony with your emotions..." He chuckled as if he was holding a typical conversation. She kept quiet and he shook his head. "I am Angelus, a dark messenger... I came on my own, curiosity led me... that and, well... they had been talking about an immense power left inside you... I am very curious about what kind of power that is... your father's legacy holds many secrets..." He said with enough security for his words to be heard.

She tilted her head towards Amra and saw him glowing, his wings wide spread, the vision itself made her shiver. He was angry, there would be severe consequences. Angelus sighed and stood up. "He is upset I think... but you are all so naive... things won't change much even with the public knowledge..."

Caliope felt a little insecurity on the dark Angel and she finally took courage to speak more. "Would you help us?"

Angelus stood still, turning around slowly to look at her again and she saw in his face confirmation; he was uncertain, he had doubts. She moved to the edge of the bed and stood up looking at him. "You could help us tilt the balance. You would not be the first one who has moved to our side and help either. Pronab was once one of you, and he is now with us, his knowledge and expertise has helped in so many ways... and has saved me."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Save you? no one tried to hurt you... only take you... you are untouchable...now more than ever" He said and then he looked towards Amra, which made Caliope look as well. "He will break my safety, soon..."

"Then help us, I promise you he won't even touch you..." She said slowly, not wanting to sound desperate, but being honest at the same time. He looked at her with a little hope, but a lot of burden. She took a deep breath and walked closer to him; she reached to his hand and squeezed it. "Angelus, the way you spoke to me, it might be in riddles and I might not understand its full meaning, but what I did understood is that you are not sure which side you really belong... you are not sure what side is the one you believe anymore... and I am offering you a chance to be with us, be someone important, help us."

His eyes widened and he stared at her, with her free hand she made a stop sign towards Amra, hoping that he would understand she was asking for time, but her eyes never moved from him.

"You have such power within you... Morrighan, your father would have been proud." Were his words, and she smiled at him, which caused him to give a step back.

"Many have said the same... I am still understanding myself what it means." Caliope said with her head finally lowering, she felt embarrassed about it. "Even our Father has said it." She shrugged.

There was silence and Caliope looked up at him again and found him shocked in his place. "Angelus, are you ok?" She looked towards Amra for the first time in a while and saw him standing still, his stare deadly cold, but the dark bubble around them was still there. She looked back at him and saw his chain wings glow and disappear at his back.

"You... you saw The Father?" he barely whispered. She relaxed and smiled at him, her cheeks a little blushed.

"Angelus, if you promise to help us... if you promise to stay... I will share with you my encounter with Him... even more, I will let you see my memories as if you were there..." She offered him and he smiled innocently.

"You are telling the truth, aren't you... it is not in you to lie..." He whispered again, almost afraid to say it out loud. Caliope nodded and giggled, he instantly relaxed and looked towards Amra. "I would like to remain complete if possible, if he does want to harm me I will understand."

Caliope looked towards Amra as well, Pronab and Elaine were next to him, Wiltshire just joining them as well. She took a deep breath. "How does your protection shield work? Can you lower it at least for me to talk mentally with him?"

"I never tried, but I will now..." He said and raised his hands.

The shield became thinner slowly, Caliope focused on Amra and kept sending him the same thoughts. 'Can you hear me?' over and over again.

The bubble shield was so thin it felt as if it was disappearing when finally Amra replied. 'Are you ok?' were his words. She smiled and nodded. 'I am very well, I was just a bit surprised at first, but everything is fine... he will help us Amra, please do not harm him... he knows so much.' She sent back at him and he nodded. 'If he drops this shield I will try not to be angry.'

Caliope looked at Angelus and smiled. "He won't harm you but you better rush with your shield, he is not very happy with it."

Angelus nodded and dropped his hands, the shield disintegrating completely with it's moves. Amra walked slowly towards her while the rest approached with caution. As soon as he reached Caliope, his arms wrapped around her and he pulled her to him, he released a long time held breath and she could feel his body relax. 'I was worried at first, but his intentions were never of any harm, believe me love...' She sent to him trying to calm him.

"Give me a reason why we should not vanish you right now..." Pronab spoke first, there was contained anger in him and Caliope shook her head drawing his attention.

"His name is Angelus, and he is a dark Angel, he is a messenger, but is here on his own..." Pronab looked at her and had his doubts still, but remained quiet until he had more information. "Please give him a chance... to explain himself and to tell you why he is here."

Angelus gave a step back and looked around confused, Caliope feared he was regretting his decision. "Angelus, before anything else happens, I want to give you my word, in front of them, that if anyone tried to do you harm, I will take matters into my own hands." He looked at her and smiled softly, hope again flashing in his eyes.

"You are truly remarkable, Princess Morrighan... You barely know me and you are already protecting me." He said and to that, all agreed nodding. Caliope blushed and smiled.

"Angelus, whatever you said or do for her to be on your side, I would like to hear as well. If she is protecting you then so am I." Amra added, and Angelus was again taken by surprise.

"Maybe this is the right choice, to help you..." was all that Angelus was able to say before Gabrielle rushed to the room, her eyes wide as she saw him and it was clear to all they both recognized each other. "You as well? You joined their side?" he asked directly at her.

"Angelus? you... what are you doing here? oh no... what did you do?!" Gabrielle asked with a hint of panic.

He chuckled and smirked, the first real hint of his dark nature. Caliope perked a brow and looked at them both. "Gabrielle, he came to me, but didn't harm me in any way, in fact... he is choosing to side with us and help... I take it you both met before?"

"Well, I must say, this is becoming entertaining... Gabrielle is your real name?" Angelus said towards her and she nodded.

"Angelus was one of my contacts inside the main circle, but he knew me as Dakota, my cover name." Gabrielle explained and Angelus perked a brow.

"Contact... cover... you were spying?" he enquired her.

"I am sorry you had to learn about it this way, but to be honest, I looked for you before I left, and no one knew where you were... I wanted to say goodbye..." She blushed slightly. "But what are you doing here?" She added quickly.

"I was... curious... I wanted to see who was the Princess Morrighan that has caused so much commotion..." He said almost as if he was reading a script; Gabrielle perked a brow and walked closer.

"What are really your motives Angelus? I know you better than that..." She questioned him and he smiled, not worried for her insistent questions.

"Their last meeting, it was two days ago... they mentioned something, they were considering a mass kidnap wave, they were aiming Asterias, and that included her... my limits were drawn there, I am not an extremist like they are... I was indeed curious to see who she was, why everything changed since... her... that was not a lie." He admitted and Caliope widened her eyes at his revelations, Amra's grip tightened around her and he frowned.

1...34567...10