The Babymaker Ch. 05

Story Info
Solution. More problems for the Iron Crowbar to solve.
17.1k words
4.82
6.6k
6

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 26 - Crime or Coincidence? (continued)

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette from the KXTC studios anchor desk. "Let's go to our reporter Amber Harris for a massive breaking story! Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the athletic blonde reporterette from across the street from the clock tower that was the symbolic entrance to the University. "Channel Two News has learned that Dr. Lionel Carmela has filed a formal ethics complaint with the University, and a criminal complaint with the SBI and the State Medical Board, charging Dr. Laura Fredricson with running a male prostitution ring out of her office on Campus!"

Amber: "Carl Ryder, who was run off the Bypass and murdered a week ago, was allegedly part of a ring of young men that called themselves 'The Babymakers', who inseminated married women by the natural method in exchange for money, which is legally male prostitution. The Town & County Police are aware of this ring, and have questioned several of the young men involved in the ring, but have made no arrests."

Amber: "Sources tell Channel Two News that every married woman who paid to be inseminated by the Babymaker ring first had gynecological exams by Dr. Laura Fredricson, and that all of the men in the ring first had virility tests performed by Dr. Fredricson. Additionally, one of the young men allegedly in the ring is a student of Dr. Fredricson, and Dr. Fredricson's husband, TCPD Commander Donald Troy, is the first cousin of Carl Ryder's employer, Cindy Ross of Town Fitness Centers. Despite these close connections with his cousin and, of course, his wife, Commander Troy has not recused himself from the Carl Ryder murder investigation. Neither Commander Troy nor the Town & County Police have responded to multiple requests by KXTC for comment on these important issues."

Amber: "Dr. Lionel Carmela has brought ethics complaints against Dr. Laura Fredricson in the past. The State Medical Board has investigated Dr. Fredricson on multiple occasions, and suspended her license on one of those occasions." (Author's note: 'Ethical Dilemmas'; 'Believer'.) "And now let's go to Pat Stellum with a special guest. Pat!"

"That's right, Amber!" said Stellum as he came onto the screen. "I'm here with respected Professor Lionel Carmela, Head of the Political Science Department here at the University." The camera panned out to show Carmela standing next to Stellum, and the location was under some huge trees near the Political Science building on Campus... and KXTC reporters were not supposed to be on Campus.

Stellum: "Dr. Carmela, what is the basis and evidence behind your complaints about Dr. Fredricson?"

Carmela: "Pat, we're going to show the Ethics Board, the SBI, and the State Medical Board the facts that show Dr. Laura Fredricson's connection to this male prostitution ring, and that one of the males involved is one of her graduate students. Dr. Fredricson has long flouted both ethics and the law, and she studies and teaches sexual deviancy to our students."

Carmela: "And this time, Pat, there's the murder of one of the young men in this prostitution ring. The links between him and his murder and Dr. Fredricson's involvement in this male prostitution ring needs to be investigated by the SBI if not the FBI, because the TCPD is led by Dr. Fredricson's husband, Commander Donald Troy, and neither he nor his Police Force can be trusted to fairly and honestly investigate the potential crimes and other medical ethics violations committed by Dr. Fredricson."

Pat Stellum's big lips were happily smiling as he said "And there you have it, folks... credible claims of ethics violations by the Police Commander's wife, and possible links between her and the Carl Ryder murder. Back to you, Bettina."

"Thank you for that excellent interview, Pat!" Bettina said, also smiling brightly. "And we're delighted to have our colleague Amber Harris back with us. Welcome back, Amber!"

"Thank you, Bettina!" Amber said happily "It's great to be back, free of the oppression of the TCPD! And I'm ready to bring our viewers the news and the truth about Donald Troy and Cindy Ross that they have the right to know!..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Amber's back." said Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle, with the prodigious power of understatement, as she, the Sheriff, the Chief, me, Captain Tanya Muscone, and ADA Paulina Patterson drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room.

"I didn't even realize she was gone." said Tanya. "Where was she?"

"In prison." I said. "Midvale Minimum Security Prison, to be precise."

Paulina added: "Katherine Woodburn exercised State Senatorial influence to get Judge Harry Nance to let Amber go back to prison, and then get out October 1st for good behavior with no parole afterwards. Ergo, we have no hold over her anymore."

"And she's just as dishonest as she was before." said Tanya. "Laura's medical license was suspended, but then restored. And that bastard Carmela's previous allegations against her were dismissed."

I said "And KXTC very carefully constructed their phrases to not directly accuse Laura of any crimes, but just state facts in a way that appear damning. I mean, Laura's a gynecologist. Women go to her for checkups before attempting to become pregnant. Duh!"

"But the way those dishonest Press bastards worded it," growled Sheriff Griswold, "they made it sound like she'd done something wrong. But you're right, Crowbar, they were very careful about the way they parsed their words."

"But Carmela was not." observed the Chief. "Mister Crowbarrrr, do you think your wife can sue him?"

"Can?" I said, a bit flippantly, I'll admit. "More like... she will. Get ready for an all-out war with that bastard."

Just then there was a knock on the door. The Duty Desk Officer opened the door and said "A package just arrived for Commander Troy via a military courier. Commander, you have to sign for it yourself."

"Thank you, Patrolman." I said as I got up. I went into the anteroom and signed for the package from the courier, then went back into the Chief's Conference Room.

"What is that, Mister Crowbarrrr?" asked the Chief.

"I am hoping..." I said, "... that it's the solution to the murders of Carl Ryder and David Rose Flanders. If you'll excuse me, I need to go check this out in my office..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

General McFarland had come through. The package contained papers that I'd requested, and also a DNA profile that had been stored in the Department of Defense's database, which contained the DNA profiles of every military service member going back at least four decades.

There was a knock on my door as I looked at the files, as Helena wasn't here yet. The door opened to reveal Lieutenant Rudistan. I waved him on in and he closed the door behind him, then said "Sir, I think we've got a bead on the two guys you're looking for. That black muscle car was seen near David Rose's... er, Flanders's address on the night before we found him dead------

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

It was my personal iPhone, and the caller was Eddy the Bounty Hunter. "Commander, I've got the info you wanted..."

Part 27 - Press Conferences

9:00am, Monday, October 5th. The Press Room at Police Headquarters was filled to capacity. Reporters were forced to stand in very crowded conditions, and could barely move, much less be able to write notes on their notepads.

"I know this isn't all that big a room," Commander Cindy Ross told Captain Damien Thompson, "but it should be enough. They don't send this many reporters to the White House Briefing Room."

"I've never seen half of these people before." said Captain Thompson. "Makes me wonder if they're packing this Press Conference with an ulterior motive."

"That's Iron Crowbar thinking, there." Cindy said. "Okay, there's the Chief. Let's get this party started."

Captain Thompson went up to the podium and announced: "Ladies and gentlemen, the Town & County Police Chief and Deputy Chief." Chief Moynahan strode into the room from the doorway in back. As he stepped up to the podium, Commander Ross and Captain Thompson joined him on the dais.

"I have several isssssuuuuus to address." said the Chief. "First, the Town & County Police are continuing to investigate the murders of young Carl Ryder and David Rose. We have found no connection between any employee or customer of Town Fitness Centers and these murders, except of course that the victim Carl Ryder was employed there and his wife is a partner in the gym's parent company. Again, no employee or customer of Town Fitness Centers is a suspect in the murders."

"Second," continued the Chief, "in our investigation of these murders, we have found no evidence, none at all, that Dr. Laura Fredricson was involved in any way. If we had, we would have turned our investigation over to the SBI and recused ourselves from it. Not only is Dr. Fredricson the wife of our Police Commander, she is an Auxiliary Police Officer and our Police Psychologist, having volunteered hours of her time and considerable expertise to help us be the best Police Force we can be, and to ensure the mental health and fortitude of our Police Offisssserrrrs."

Chief Moynahan: "We will not be discussing the particulars of what we have found in our investigation of these murders, because the investigation is ongoing. If you act in a civil and respectable manner, I will take questions." He looked around the room, and pointed to Priya Ajmani. "Priya?"

"Chief," said the beautiful Indian reporterette, "can I ask you to confirm that no employee nor regular customer of Town Fitness Centers is a suspect in the murders? And do you consider the two murders to be related to each other?" Her first question helped Cindy and prepped to take a dig at the odious Pat Stellum. The second question was a 'random act of real journalism'.

"To my knowledge, I can confirm that we have found no links between any employee nor regular customer of the gym, except of course the victim and his wife, who we have exonerated to this point.:" replied the Chief. "And we do have reason to believe the two murders may be related. I will not be giving further details on that at this time."

"Bill Hacosta, SNN News." said Bill Hacosta of SNN News. "Chief, with these new allegations of Dr. Laura Fredricson's involvement in the alleged male prostitution ring that the murder victim was allegedly a part of, won't the TCPD recuse itself and ask the SBI to take over the case?"

"A lot of (air quotes) 'allegedly's in your question, therrrre." replied the Chief. "Again, we have no evidence of Dr. Fredricson's involvement in any crime at all. And don't take my answer as a backhand confirmation of any male prostitution ring. I am not confirming that at all." The Chief had learned well from his Police Commander about covering the bases to give the Press no loopholes to make up stuff about.

"Amber Harris, KXTC Channel Two News!" Amber shouted, though the Chief had not called upon her and had had no intention of doing so. The other reporters deferred to her, to force her question being allowed. "Chief, where is Commander Donald Troy now? Shouldn't he be here discussing these very credible criminal and ethical accusations against his wife? And shouldn't he have been recused from this case from the beginning?"

"I see that prison time has not improved any capacity for honesty you may have ever had, Ms. Harris." the Chief fired back. "I don't accept the premise of your verrrrry disingenuous question that the allegations against Dr. Fredricson are credible in any way. Mr. Greg Wallace?"

"Wait a minute!" Amber yelled. "You haven't answered my legitimate questions! Where is Commander Troy, and why hasn't he been recused?"

"I did answer your question." said the Chief, anger creeping into his voice. "I told you that you are still dishonest, and I don't accept the premise of your question. You blew your one opportunity. Mr. Wallace?"

"Why won't you answer my questions?" yelled Amber. "What are you covering up, Chief?"

Cindy came forward, brandishing her green crowbar. "You're done, Harris. One more word out of you, and I'll come over there and arrest you and take you through Booking myself. Just one more word. Please, test me on it." The air in the room grew thick with tension. Pat Stellum, standing next to Amber, whispered something to her. She nodded and said no more.

"Greg Wallace, for the State Fox Networks." said Greg Wallace. "Where is Commander Troy right now? Is he continuing to work on the Carl Ryder murder case?"

"Commander Troy is working to solve two murder cases, Mr. Wallace." said the Chief. "And as you know, because of threats against Commander Troy's life, we do not disclozzze where he is at any given timmmme."

"Pat Stellum, KXTC News!" shouted Stellum. "Chief, isn't the TCPD------"

"I have not recognized you to ask a question, Stellum." said the Chief. "If you guys are going to start being rude and shouting questions out of turn, I'll just end this."

Stellum continued unabated: "Isn't the TCPD jeopardizing the murder cases by not recusing Commander Troy? And is that because the TCPD is covering up for Town Fitness Center's involvement in the case because your Deputy Chief is the owner, and Dr. Fredricson is Commander Troy's wife?"

Captan Damien Thompson came up. "You accuse the TCPD of doing anything wrong, anything at all, and I'll come down there and bust your ass! And you'll sit in jail until you either prove your false accusation, or apologize!"

"Do it, then!" yelled Stellum "Come get me, 'Sellout'!." By that he meant that Captain Thompson was a black man who'd sold out to 'The Man'. Only the Chief putting his hand on Thompson's shoulder and restraining him stopped Thompson from doing the right thing in front of everyone.

"Does anyone else have a legitimate question before I end this farce and kick all of KXTC's dishonest reporters out of my Police Station?" asked the Chief.

"Why won't you answer Pat's question!" yelled the Indian reporterette (not Priya) that had become hostile to the TCPD on many occasions.

"Because I'm not giving that asshole the dignity of a reply." replied the Chief. "This Press Conference is o-verrrrrr, and it is very unlikely I will be giving nor permitting another one for a long, lonnnng timmmmme."

He exited the room, preceded by Captain Thompson in case someone tried to obstruct his path, and followed by Cindy Ross so that no one would come after them... which would risk a green crowbar beatdown that the Green Crowbar was aching to administer.

Many of the reporters congratulated Pat Stellum. "You really shoved it up that son of a bitch's ass!" was the consensus 'compliment' from Stellum's Mainstream Media colleagues... and the extra people that had 'packed' the Press Conference.

The Fox-affiliated reporters and some others weren't so complimentary. "Thanks for fucking up and getting the Press Conference ended, douchebag!" was their consensus comment. Tension between the two sides ratcheted up tremendously..

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

10:00am, Monday, October 5th. The Press that had been at the Police HQ Press Conference had driven at high rates of speed to the University President's office on the north side of Campus. Now they were gathered in a pack, like ravenous wolves, especially after enjoying the confrontation with the Police Chief. They smelled blood. Troy blood.

"Please take your places, everyone; everyone take your places please." said Wellman's assistant, Peter Kasner, a young man who looked 'highborn bred' and had Leftist culture indoctrinated into him since his childhood. He was the grandson of prominent Soviet professor Pyotr Grigoriev, who taught Communist doctrine in East Bloc Universities until the fall of the Soviet Union. His daughter Dorothea was an East German professor and had married a politician named Kasner. They emigrated to America with the fall of the Berlin Wall, and began teaching Leftist doctrine in America's universities... the doctrines that had destroyed the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. Now young Peter had secured a position as assistant to the University President, becoming a valuable tool and mole for the mentor he worshiped, Dr. Lionel Carmela.

"Ladies and gentlemen, University President Sidney P. Wellman." Peter announced. Dr. Sidney P. Wellman strode up to the podium, his smile making him look somehow sinister and a little bit creepy. To everyone's shock, Dr. Laura Fredricson and Dr. Clarence P. Chase, Dean of the School of Law, also came out. Also joining the party were University Hospital Administrator Seth Warner, and Hospital Board Member Teresa Croyle, in civilian attire.

Reporters began shouting questions at Laura. She just shook her head. Finally, Peter came up to the lectern and slammed a metal walking stick into its side.

*WHAM!*

Silence was instantaneous, but the Press was looking like 'What the hell did you do that for?'.

"Ladies and gentlemen," said Peter, "if you will constrain yourselves and stop acting like Wildcats Fraternity thugs, the President will give you the opportunity to ask questions." The Media quieted down, but everyone could feel the underlying tension and the desire to get out of control and attack relentlessly.

"Thank you for coming." said Dr. Wellman. "Yes, please do stop acting like (Wildcat School) graduates." After a pause, Wellman said "I am here to address the issues involving Dr. Fredricson and the allegations against her."

Wellman: "First, Dr. Lionel Carmela filed the ethics charges with no proof at all of any wrongdoing by Dr. Fredricson. Carmela has brought charges against Dr. Fredricson in the past which have proved to be false, so I will not be taking his word for these allegations. He's going to have to bring some real evidence, and until he does, I will not be taking any action against Dr. Fredricson. And now, I'd like to introduce University Hospital Administrator Seth Warner. Seth?"

"Thank you, Dr. Wellman." said Seth Warner, looking like the executive in charge that he was as he took the podium. "Allegations have been made by Dr. Lionel Carmela against one of my doctors on Staff, Laura Fredricson, and he has attempted to get the State Medical Board to suspend Dr. Fredricson's medical license. Carmela has made dishonest attacks upon Dr. Fredricson in the past, and accusations that proved to be false. Therefore, unless he can prove that actual crimes were committed by Dr. Fredricson, I not only won't be suspending her, I'll be fighting like hell on her behalf. University Hospital stands ready to take legal action against the State Medical Board if they suspend Dr. Fredricson."

Teresa did not speak. She did not need to; her mere presence was more than enough. Seth turned the podium back over to Dr. Wellman, who said "And now Dr. Laura Fredricson will make a statement, which I know you'll want to hear before shouting any questions." That was a 'hint'. "Doctor?"

Laura came up and looked like she was in command of the world as she began speaking: "Thank you Dr. Wellman, and Mr. Warner and Ms. Croyle, especially for your support of me. I am here to announce that I have filed a counter-complaint with the University Ethics Board against Lionel Carmela for these false allegations. As you know, this is not the first time Carmela has lied about me, as he has made multiple false allegations against me in the past."