The Beginning Ch. 31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The one thing I did know is that I somehow felt stronger, more whole. It was like I'd felt when I unlocked my magic, but much, much more profound; like I'd unlocked a facet of myself that'd remained buried for ages. Even though I didn't know everything about it, there was one unshakable fact: It scared the fuck out of me.

I'd lost control like never before.

I'd almost hurt a mentor and friend.

And even though I'd liked to have sworn that I would never resort to calling upon that part of myself ever again, I knew deep down that it would probably happen sooner than I wished. All I could do was hope that when it did, everybody I loved was far, far away.

*****

A/N: Before signing off, I just wanted to address something a few commentors have brought up, regarding Chris' dealings with Vince. Throughout my childhood and well into my undergrad course, I had the distinct misfortune of being mentally and physically bullied. I used to be obese and have dealt with everything from body-shaming to being assaulted and beaten up, all for being different. It got so bad that I seriously considered ending it all, just to get away.

I continue to bear the scars on my mind and my body, even today.

When someone is in a situation like that, especially when there's a distinct mental aspect to the assault and a perceived imbalance of power, it can be nigh on impossible to think of a way out. Even though the university I attended had anti-bullying policies in place, I never really felt like approaching the authorities or even speaking to somebody was an option for me. As any casual observer would have noted, there were definitely avenues that I could have taken, but instead, I kept my mouth shut and bore it all.

Chris' situation with Vince is similar. Of course, in the Wielder world, it's a little easier to figure out the truth behind any accusation, but that means nothing at all if you don't even feel like it's an option on the table.

So, as a parting message, I'd just like to say this:

If you are being bullied, please do consider talking to someone. It can be a confidant or a friend, but do have that conversation. An outside perspective could help you find a way to avoid suffering for years to come.

On the other hand, if you know/suspect that someone is a victim of bullying or harassment, please consider taking the initiative and speaking to them about it. They may be feeling trapped and helpless, but even a friendly smile can really make a difference. External support can be the difference between putting them on the road to recovery and things going very, very wrong.

12